What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MTV's The Challenge (and other reality shows) (1 Viewer)

Challenge USA 2 was solid season. Newbies did great job overall. Chris had one of the most impressive seasons ever with no alliances and eliminating nearly everyone. Tori and Fossil pretty bad finals performance.

Sad Wes is done. Guy carried so many seasons . Wish he continued and they banished Josh forever. Absolutely sucks as a competitor. All he ever does is cry like deserves something...maybe earn something??? :cry:

Guess will look forward to All Stars 4 when it comes out. Challenge season 39 has the worst cast in history of the show IMO.

WTF was that elimination challenge tonight? Throw out a few wood squares and hammer glass. Ooooo tough one!

WTF was that elimination challenge tonight? Throw out a few wood squares and hammer glass. Ooooo tough one!
I believe the rope was connected and there was supposed to be a tug o war for the hammer but Big T was just that far ahead.

Any suggestions from the cognoscenti as to where to start if I want to watch the regular Challenge? Background: I watched the "Challenge USA" in summer of 2022 and wasn't enamored, but I saw that a regular Challenge edition (Season 39) started in the fall and decided to check it out. I'm obsessed with it! Since there are so many references to the prior challenge winners, and in fact several have shown up already in the "Chaos" section of the show, I'd like to go back far enough to learn about those folks, but not so far that I'm in the Real World/Road Rules part (which I actually remember watching in the very early seasons) or anything that was not like the current version.

In other words, I'm not watching 38 prior seasons but want to see enough that I know the history and see all the "good" seasons. Reading the Wiki info, seems like I should start somewhere between Season 10 (The Inferno II) and Season 21 (Rivals), but I really don't know. Thoughts? TIA.

Any suggestions from the cognoscenti as to where to start if I want to watch the regular Challenge? Background: I watched the "Challenge USA" in summer of 2022 and wasn't enamored, but I saw that a regular Challenge edition (Season 39) started in the fall and decided to check it out. I'm obsessed with it! Since there are so many references to the prior challenge winners, and in fact several have shown up already in the "Chaos" section of the show, I'd like to go back far enough to learn about those folks, but not so far that I'm in the Real World/Road Rules part (which I actually remember watching in the very early seasons) or anything that was not like the current version.

In other words, I'm not watching 38 prior seasons but want to see enough that I know the history and see all the "good" seasons. Reading the Wiki info, seems like I should start somewhere between Season 10 (The Inferno II) and Season 21 (Rivals), but I really don't know. Thoughts? TIA.
Real World/Road Rules exclusive cast lasted til Season 19 I believe (Fresh Meat). For me, those seasons were the best having watched Real World/Road Rules. (Edit: Season 12 Fresh Meat 1 they cast several non-RW/RR newbs. Season 19 was Fresh Meat 2 where Season 39 champions Laurel/Cara Maria were first cast)

I think Season 30 they really started adding individuals from outside shows like Are You the One? (where my interest declined a bit as I didn't watch many outside reality shows outside the Challenge).

Season 39 is the first season in history I'll not watch a single episode. Maybe in time I will but I don't have a lot of interest in the regular cast to sit through hours of it. Looked at the casting and I don't have a clue who 75% of the cast is. Of those few I do recognize, none of them have been that noteworthy on their prior Challenges to watch. I'd think you'd need to watch their own reality shows to get any real background of who they are (which sounds like you already may). I think Season 39 is a last grasp by MTV with this show IMO. I'd guess this season is likely doing it's lowest ratings in the show's history. Though I'll imagine they try to squeeze the MTV show for everything it's worth, I wouldn't be surprised if Season 40 is the last of its' version. (I'm sure they'll try to push to 50 seasons but I don't see it personally)

With CT/Bananas/Wes aging (IMO the centerpieces of the show) and retired/nearing retirement, I think the show itself is nearing its death. It was probably inevitable with ongoing seasons of Real World/Road Rules dying off.

There's Challenge All Stars (3 seasons so far) on Paramount+. Even if the cast is now a lot older and less athletic, it's still a better show IMO. A 4th season was filmed I believe like a year ago but has yet to be released on Paramount+.

To answer your question, if you're looking for backgrounds of the Season 39 champions, you could probably start Season 10 which Darrell/CT likely cast. Cara Maria/Laurel debuted around Season 19 I believe on Fresh Meat 2. Tori debuted in Season 30 I believe. Not sure who the additional champions cast are as I've only seen YT clips of Season 39. If you're looking for backgrounds of folks on the regular cast (not the champions) of Season 39, I'd say go watch their reality shows they came from. There's not much in the way of background of them that anyone will find interesting from prior challenge seasons.

Last edited:

Real World/Road Rules exclusive cast lasted til Season 19 I believe (Fresh Meat). For me, those seasons were the best having watched Real World/Road Rules.

I think Season 30 they really started adding individuals from outside shows like Are You the One? (where my interest declined a bit as I didn't watch many outside reality shows outside the Challenge).

Season 39 is the first season in history I'll not watch a single episode. Maybe in time I will but I don't have a lot of interest in the regular cast to sit through hours of it. Looked at the casting and I don't have a clue who 75% of the cast is. Of those few I do recognize, none of them have been that noteworthy on their prior Challenges to watch. I'd think you'd need to watch their own reality shows to get any real background of who they are (which sounds like you already may). I think Season 39 is a last grasp by MTV with this show IMO. I'd guess this season is likely doing it's lowest ratings in the show's history. Though I'll imagine they try to squeeze the MTV show for everything it's worth, I wouldn't be surprised if Season 40 is the last of its' version. (I'm sure they'll try to push to 50 seasons but I don't see it personally)

With CT/Bananas/Wes aging (IMO the centerpieces of the show) and retired/nearing retirement, I think the show itself is nearing its death. It was probably inevitable with ongoing seasons of Real World/Road Rules dying off.

There's Challenge All Stars (3 seasons so far) on Paramount+. Even if the cast is now a lot older and less athletic, it's still a better show IMO. A 4th season was filmed I believe like a year ago but has yet to be released on Paramount+.

To answer your question, if you're looking for backgrounds of the Season 39 champions, you could probably start Season 10 which Darrell/CT likely cast. Cara Maria/Laurel debuted around Season 19 I believe on Fresh Meat. Tori debuted in Season 30 I believe. Not sure who the additional champions cast are as I've only seen YT clips of Season 39. If you're looking for backgrounds of folks on the regular cast (not the champions) of Season 39, I'd say go watch their reality shows they came from. There's not much in the way of background of them that anyone will find interesting from prior challenge seasons.

Lots of great info - thanks!!

Real World/Road Rules exclusive cast lasted til Season 19 I believe (Fresh Meat). For me, those seasons were the best having watched Real World/Road Rules.

To answer your question, if you're looking for backgrounds of the Season 39 champions, you could probably start Season 10 which Darrell/CT likely cast. Cara Maria/Laurel debuted around Season 19 I believe on Fresh Meat. Tori debuted in Season 30 I believe. Not sure who the additional champions cast are as I've only seen YT clips of Season 39. If you're looking for backgrounds of folks on the regular cast (not the champions) of Season 39, I'd say go watch their reality shows they came from. There's not much in the way of background of them that anyone will find interesting from prior challenge seasons.

Lots of great info - thanks!!
Season 20 has the Banana's backpack.

I have only recently come back to watching but probably anything between 19 and current would be good to cover some of the people you mentioned. As much of a big brother fan as I am, the really recent ones have too much Josh and Faysal(Fessy)

Users who are viewing this thread