What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MTV's The Challenge (and other reality shows) (4 Viewers)

ditto.  i thought he would pick Wes but he knew Wes knows the trick to pole wrestling.  I suspect Nehemiah is going to lose.  Plus Derek looks like a wrestler and i think the wrestling skillset plays well here.   We shall see.

Thats one of those challenges i think i would do very well at. 

Given they showed clip earlier in the show of Derek saying how great he's done and "he's going to final" or something to that extent......I'm taking Kneermyer. :boxing:  

Most likely Derek gets him to gas out when Kneermyer is using only arms to wrestle it away.

After these All Star seasons, I have a lot less desire to watch the regular ones of the forced drama. Just gotten so cringe. Particularly that Josh kid. Wish they'd just stop casting that guy. Which we know they won't.

Big night Wed night

- Paramount Plus Challenge All stars season finale 

- CBS Challenge USA premiere episode

- CBS Big Brother new season premier episode

Craig_MiamiFL said:
No spoiler as final episode just released.

The King has his 👑 back 💪

Just glad the 2nd place female didn't win! 
King Wes 💪 Challenges just aren't the same w/o lengthy appearances by him.

They're lucky Jordan wasn't there at end. But then IMO Jordan/Kailah/Nia don't belong on All Stars. All belong on regular challenge.

Jonna is much better now than she was. Just glad Kailah didn't win. Just trash and doesn't belong on All Stars. Probably on it because she can't compete or win on regular challenges either. Hope she's never cast again 💪

Last edited by a moderator:
King Wes 💪 Challenges just aren't the same w/o lengthy appearances by him.

They're lucky Jordan wasn't there at end. But then IMO Jordan/Kailah/Nia don't belong on All Stars. All belong on regular challenge.

Jonna is much better now than she was. Just glad Kailah didn't win. Just trash and doesn't belong on All Stars. Probably on it because she can't compete or win on regular challenges either. Hope she's never cast again 💪
Jonna is lightyears better.  Its like a completely different person.  Likely all mental. 

Gotta like Wes.  He talks trash, but he backs it up.  Super smart dude.  Isnt he like a millionaire in real life?  I feel like he runs a startup incubator or something like that. 

And yea you dont want Jordan in a final at all. 

Good season.  I think i like the all stars version better than the main one these days. 

Gotta like Wes.  He talks trash, but he backs it up.  Super smart dude.  Isnt he like a millionaire in real life?  I feel like he runs a startup incubator or something like that. 

Good season.  I think i like the all stars version better than the main one these days. 
Yeah he does very well for himself outside these challenges. 

Definitely prefer these all star versions. So much less of the scripted BS "fights". That Josh on the main one completely ruins it for me for that very reason (scripted "fights"). Lame AF and they keep casting him even though he's awful.

Challenge USA started last night on CBS I think and caught today on Paramount plus. 

I don't watch any of the other reality shows (Big Brother/Survivor & whatever other show comprises of the challengers). But did binge watch all the seasons of Love Island recently :unsure:  so they are the only ones I know on the show 

Just watched Challenge USA, stupid that they cast like 6 people from the recent Big Brother season.  I get it the "Cookout" or whatever was a good story, but on a show were alliances are key, having a pre-built one of at least 4 is dumb when a bunch of the others don't know anyone.   Then only having 3 Amazing Race total is odd.

On the math challenge, if it was the regular challenge you know Wes or Bananas would have been yelling out numbers trying to confuse someone.  When Danny and Shan made it to the bottom, it looked like Danny just pulled Shan over to the box.

On the tie a big knot challenges, why do people keep just making a large knot in middle.  You don't need to undo all the knots, just get the ball of rope into the circle.  You need to get thru the pyramid as many times as you can, the higher the better, let the weight of pulling the rope be the issue, not trying to maneuver through some loops on the ground.

Just watched Challenge USA, stupid that they cast like 6 people from the recent Big Brother season.  I get it the "Cookout" or whatever was a good story, but on a show were alliances are key, having a pre-built one of at least 4 is dumb when a bunch of the others don't know anyone.   Then only having 3 Amazing Race total is odd.

On the math challenge, if it was the regular challenge you know Wes or Bananas would have been yelling out numbers trying to confuse someone.  When Danny and Shan made it to the bottom, it looked like Danny just pulled Shan over to the box.

On the tie a big knot challenges, why do people keep just making a large knot in middle.  You don't need to undo all the knots, just get the ball of rope into the circle.  You need to get thru the pyramid as many times as you can, the higher the better, let the weight of pulling the rope be the issue, not trying to maneuver through some loops on the ground.
I haven’t seen this show before but just watched this version to have something mindless and because I like Survivor and Amazing Race.  Is it always this boring?  I couldn’t care less about any of it.  Maybe as it goes on it gets better?

Challenge USA started last night on CBS I think and caught today on Paramount plus. 

I don't watch any of the other reality shows (Big Brother/Survivor & whatever other show comprises of the challengers). But did binge watch all the seasons of Love Island recently :unsure:  so they are the only ones I know on the show 
i saw season one of love island but not 2 maybe ill binge that on some upcoming flights.   i did catch the challenge USA>  it was ok.  I do watch BB and survivor so i was interested in seeing some of those folks.  LOL at David from BB not even being shown.  That guy is always like non existent on shows. 

I haven’t seen this show before but just watched this version to have something mindless and because I like Survivor and Amazing Race.  Is it always this boring?  I couldn’t care less about any of it.  Maybe as it goes on it gets better?
it gets better.  Usually its the in between drama and alliances which make things interesting. But if you dont like the challenges then yea they will be blah mostly. The trivia one is usually fun.  This show im usually doing work while i watch so i can tune out during boring spots tbh.  But i suspect the politics in the house, hookups and vote outs will start to make things interesting to where you will be more vested in who wins the challenge.  Paramount plus has some old classics which IMO are good binge watches.  And of course all stars is solid.

But i suspect the politics in the house, hookups and vote outs will start to make things interesting to where you will be more vested in who wins the challenge. 
This is what I was thinking.  Right now I don’t know much about most of the people since I don’t watch BB or LI.  I’ll stick with it.

They were wildly popular on and off the show.  Likely why they were cast. 
I have only watched one season of BB, season 12 which happens to be the one Enzo was on.   I only watched that because my friend's band used to play shows with Matt Hoffman's band.  He is the one who made up a fake illness that his wife had.   That was also the season of "Brenchel" and I wanted to stab my ear drums everytime Rachel was on screen talking.

They were wildly popular on and off the show.  Likely why they were cast. 
I think limiting the potential of a 6 person alliance outweighs popularity by the most recent bb cast.  No reason you couldn’t pull popular contestants from previous seasons like Enzo. 

I think limiting the potential of a 6 person alliance outweighs popularity by the most recent bb cast.  No reason you couldn’t pull popular contestants from previous seasons like Enzo. 
It’s only 4 of them that are there plus two they evicted who already want to target them.  Id say it’s hedged.

I've tried watching my first episode ever of BB (guess it's season that just started). I turned it off after 15-20mon I think. Probably didn't give it a chance but what's the appeal, does it get better? Apparently they have 24/7 live feeds available on Paramount Plus. 

A regular viewer of the Challenge but really none of the big brother contestants to my recollection have been interesting at all.

Cashay, why the F would you go on a show like The Challenge and not know how to swim?!  Mind boggling. 

offdee said:
Cashay, why the F would you go on a show like The Challenge and not know how to swim?!  Mind boggling. 
It took Leroy like 12 seasons before he learned, and then it was just a doggy paddle and not drowning immediately. 

I guess I'm into this show now, since I found myself yelling at the TV this week rooting and then clapping for the team that avoided elimination.  Thought the initial challenge was fun, too.

It's still hard for me to follow since there are 2000 people on the show, and most seem to be from the two shows I don't watch (BB and LI).  As I get to know more about them, I'm forming some rooting interests.  Really disliked the two who were eliminated.

Tyson putting a big target on his back but og rule..,
When you are picking for the first two eliminations that will happen.  With his picks, he may also be making several friends to help protect him and if Survivor sticks together he has a solid shield.  IF/when he goes into elimination there are several physical type eliminations that he could get steam rolled in depending on who he goes against.  Hall brawl or one of the "hold onto this ring/stick" types against someone who is just muscle.   Although Kyle was good at the ring/stick ones and has a similar build, so who knows.

Tyson putting a big target on his back but og rule..,
The Challenge is different than the other reality type shows of this genre for some reason.   The guys who show they are beasts from the start usually get farther because nobody knows what the elimination challenge is in advance so they get scared of the possibility of going up against a guy like Tyson that would be dominant at 75% of them.   In this show, the weak usually get singled out and eliminated first as easy pickings and then someone like Tyson who is both great at Challenges but also strategic and has a leadership personality do very well (i.e: Johnny Bananas, Wes, CT)

The Challenge is different than the other reality type shows of this genre for some reason.   The guys who show they are beasts from the start usually get farther because nobody knows what the elimination challenge is in advance so they get scared of the possibility of going up against a guy like Tyson that would be dominant at 75% of them.   In this show, the weak usually get singled out and eliminated first as easy pickings and then someone like Tyson who is both great at Challenges but also strategic and has a leadership personality do very well (i.e: Johnny Bananas, Wes, CT)
This season on CBS seems a bit nicer on comps and eliminations. 

Not a fan of them moving everything to paramount +.  

Anyone make it through Challenge USA? Stopped watching after 2-3 episodes. Didn't know/care who 75% of these people were and show was so boring.

Apparently all but 2 people quit in the final in a complete disaster last night. :lmao: I FF to the end this AM and only 2 finished. The ending was just sad :lol: I have no idea who this Danny guy is and watched little of the show overall but every single clip is him mentioning this "Kiki" individual. No idea how they imagine to have a Challenge World and expect people to actually watch.

I think the Challenge overall is running its course. All Stars is pretty good with familiar faces. The MTV Challenge is being ruined by that Josh moron and his (badly) scripted drama. They also seem to want to include international players who mostly have no appeal to the US audience (besides having no idea who most of them are).

Anyone make it through Challenge USA? Stopped watching after 2-3 episodes. Didn't know/care who 75% of these people were and show was so boring.

Apparently all but 2 people quit in the final in a complete disaster last night. :lmao: I FF to the end this AM and only 2 finished. The ending was just sad :lol: I have no idea who this Danny guy is and watched little of the show overall but every single clip is him mentioning this "Kiki" individual. No idea how they imagine to have a Challenge World and expect people to actually watch.

I think the Challenge overall is running its course. All Stars is pretty good with familiar faces. The MTV Challenge is being ruined by that Josh moron and his scripted drama. They also seem to want to include international players who mostly have no appeal to the US audience (besides having no idea who most of them are).

I was thinking of this thread this morning. I did watch all the way through the end of this show, even though I didn't enjoy it much at all. :lol: That finale was brutal, with everyone quitting. So incredibly lame.

The rest of the season was fine, especially when Tyson was on screen, but the finale was awful and the production team seems shady as hell.

The rest of the season was fine, especially when Tyson was on screen, but the finale was awful and the production team seems shady as hell.

The production team seems shady as hell? What makes you say that?
Read the discussions on Reddit or listen to Tyson’s podcast. They made up a bunch of stuff as they went along, and went back on their word sometimes (e.g. the contestants were told both winners would get 500K each, but then in the finale they were told that both winners would split 500k; the contestants were told there would be no Hall Brawl, and then there was.)

A new season of the actual MTV Challenge started last Wednesday. The real deal MTV Challenge is much better than the CBS one recently.The

The Challenge USA was mostly pretty boring.

I didn't love episode 1 of season 38, but tonight's second episode was pretty good. Having Bananas back made the show better. Adding Jordan helps, too.

Part 1 of Finals of Ride or Dies tonight. Final 4 days long.

The only thing longer than the final is Anessa's list of excuses 🙄 Wish Jordan would have discarded her in field of cows. She's an anchor. Jordan would smoke the others in the final w/o her. Really hope this is the last season for her on the main show or even All Stars (but we know it's not)

A rough 24 hours for Olivia 😢 Sliced her finger open and broke her nose

Tori and Devin :towelwave:

Definitely the most deserving as the best team. Anessa quit. If you have a 100 pound advantage and can walk, she should have steamrolled Nany in the elimination. If you aren't winning THAT elimination as a 250 pound woman, you aren't ever winning. They literally couldn't have gifted Anessa a better shot to win.

Challenge World Championship premieres in early March. Hopefully is better than the Challenge USA that was a complete nightmare and everyone quit the final. Believe the World Championship will have some show regulars on it.

Tori and Devin :towelwave:

Definitely the most deserving as the best team. Anessa quit. If you have a 100 pound advantage and can walk, she should have steamrolled Nany in the elimination. If you aren't winning THAT elimination as a 250 pound woman, you aren't ever winning. They literally couldn't have gifted Anessa a better shot to win.

Challenge World Championship premieres in early March. Hopefully is better than the Challenge USA that was a complete nightmare and everyone quit the final. Believe the World Championship will have some show regulars on it.
Well, Aneesa should have easily won them the challenge since Nany dropped the ball twice after being in the it’s over area. All she had to do was run at Nany and then push her down and fall into the ring.

I’m just glad the team that did the best all season (socially+challenges) won. I didn’t like all the restarts because they were so far in the lead early and then got passed because of the next restart.

I thought they were in trouble with those spears but the puzzle took a while and Nany and Bananas messed up royally. They had no chance when they realized they had to pull it back down.

Much better finale versus the last challenge where some people were able to timeout in one spot and move on and some weren’t in another in that frozen finale.

They REALLY drug out the Ride or Dies finale and reunion.......5 weeks I believe :crazy:

Challenge World Championship premiered today on Paramount+. Thankfully they've got a lot of Challenge vets to hopefully prevent the Challenge USA debacle where everyone quits.

Nelson shockingly 🤣the first one out in world championship. No clue why he's on the show to begin with given he's been on the show for a decade+ and won nothing. Too small, not fast enough and probably the dumbest on the show.

King Wes wins the challenge this week!! Show isnt the same w/o him.

Apparently CT going through divorce and why he's not on this show as he's the #1 ever IMO.

Nelson shockingly 🤣the first one out in world championship. No clue why he's on the show to begin with given he's been on the show for a decade+ and won nothing. Too small, not fast enough and probably the dumbest on the show.

Apparently CT going through divorce and why he's not on this show as he's the #1 ever IMO.
is it paramount plus only now?

Also nelly was in a very bad car accident. Looks like his challenge days might be over.

Also nelly was in a very bad car accident. Looks like his challenge days might be over.
Wow had no idea he was the one in the accident which NFL player KJ Osborn assisted in rescue with. Sucks for him and hope he recovers.

Last edited:

is it paramount plus only now?
Yeah I believe this show is Paramount Plus only (and not CBS also for this season)

Anybody watching the current CBS season? They have 6 vets (bananas, Wes, Tori, Jonna) plus mostly people from big brother and survivor. Although they don't consider Feysal or Josh a vet for this edition. More crossover to the MTV version but challenges seem less physical against each other. Not much house drama other than How dare your play your side, only I can play with my alliance, you can't have an alliance.

Last night I saw that "The Ocho" had on Pillow Fighting Championships so I flipped to it. One of the fighters was Turbo, and it seemed like that is just what he is doing now, the other "fights" were with other pillow fighting people, it wasn't some made for TV thing.

Users who are viewing this thread