What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MTV's The Challenge (and other reality shows) (2 Viewers)

Because of their alliance.  Just to be clear, if I've explained anything on their play, I'm not saying it was the right move, GB.  Just explaining their thinking.  Honestly, I think it's stupid to have such big alliances.  I think the show needs to figure out a way to break them up.
Oh I get it and you have explained it perfectly but its like these morons are not seeing the big picture especially being this close to the end.  But like for the past few weeks they were talking about cutting dead weight for the final and Kayleigh was never mentioned.  Just dee and the others.

First I’m hearing of Paulie mental state. Any examples? 
I tried to find it, but couldn't. They talked on the podcast about it.  Apparently Paulie posted something on Instagram where he was singing a song and said something like "I can't wait until next season so I can kill you #####es" or something like that.  It was something that everyone knew he was saying it in a way in which he was referring to "in the game", but his wording could be taken a different way if you wanted it to.  Apparently some cast members went to MTV and said they were scared for their lives because they thought Paulie might be having a mental breakdown.  And they were afraid to be locked in a house for a month with someone who has threatened to kill them.  Out of an abundance of caution, Paulie and Cara were not invited to be on the cast for the upcoming season which is currently filming.

Now, on the podcast, Derrick did say this is all rumor, but he also heard from enough people to make him think it's a legit story.

Like I asked earlier in this thread why in hades were they throwing in those good girls but giving shade to Kayleigh?  She is horrible.

And the swimming thing is funny.  You cannot just "learn" to swim in a freaking back yard pool over the course of a month.   Its an incredibly hard sport to become good at because its endurance and training muscles.  That said there are in life jackets. 
When Leroy first started I was surprised, he had good form, was actually doing a few strokes then taking a breath, like he had taken some actual classes not just flailing his arms around.  I am guessing he gassed shortly after the camera was off him.    Anyone can "learn" to swim, like you said it is the endurance part that gets them.

I really really really dont understand the dynamics of this season.  Maybe its the editing or what but why would the US alliance with Paulie lose their mind when CT didnt put in the best female on his team this close to the end?  And if I am not mistaken TJ said the rest were going to the final.  The look on their faces was crazy.   I just wish CT would have thrown Cara in just out of spite.

Paulie is a moron and I am glad he is not on the next season.  What a buffoon.

I like nany but Ashley just crushes puzzles.  Pulling for team UK and it looks like more swimming in the finale.

Believe they said final was 16 miles long so I can’t see uk pulling it out with 3 players that aren’t built for distances in dee, rogan and ct.

I really really really dont understand the dynamics of this season.  Maybe its the editing or what but why would the US alliance with Paulie lose their mind when CT didnt put in the best female on his team this close to the end?  And if I am not mistaken TJ said the rest were going to the final.  The look on their faces was crazy.   I just wish CT would have thrown Cara in just out of spite.

I like nany but Ashley just crushes puzzles.  Pulling for team UK and it looks like more swimming in the finale.
This season went really downhill a few weeks ago IMO.

Too many bad competitors made it to the end with the alliance crap/throwing challenges.

Jordan and I suppose CT really the only reason I'm left watching. Watching Jordan smoke these idiots is the only I've had any interest. And CT is well past his prime on these things. Just plays smarter now. Really have interest to see if he can win at his age. Believe he's 40 now.

They've got to change up the team format. It's just awful to watch. Need to take a long long break from this format.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think MTV really is messing up trying to have randoms from Spartan races on these challenges.

The backstory (from Real World/Road Rules) is why people have interest in the people. So I understand why they have people from other reality shows (even though I watch none of them outside Real World/Road Rules). It's a better option than just having randoms.

I already have so little interest in much of the cast already (i.e. Josh from whatever show he's from). So why would anyone care about some randoms from Spartan races?

I think MTV really is messing up trying to have randoms from Spartan races on these challenges.

The backstory (from Real World/Road Rules) is why people have interest in the people. So I understand why they have people from other reality shows (even though I watch none of them outside Real World/Road Rules). It's a better option than just having randoms.

I already have so little interest in much of the cast already (i.e. Josh from whatever show he's from). So why would anyone care about some randoms from Spartan races?
I enjoy it.  Couldn't care less what show they're from because I barely watched any RW or RR anyway.  I just want tension.  And I think this season has been great so far.  

I’m guessing they’ll be those guys that come in to be an opponent at an elimination challenge.  If they lose they are gone immediately. If they beat a veteran than they join the game, but likely to go quick cuz they are new.  Not much to lose from casting them if they are duds, but could strike with a good personality, look, etc 

Even grander on the stupid scale....Dee was losing her mind when Ninja got the one vote.  

I believe they are friends IRL, so I don't think that would ever happen.  

Imagine being 150 lbs and ####ting the bed so quickly like Paulie. Looks like his training paid off :lol:   Hopefully his next training involves a lesson on hydration.  Saddest display since Big Easy in a final. And he was likely 300 pounds at the time. "I got gas in the tank" :lol:  

Cara's been on these shows for a decade and still crying over puzzles and eating things is every bit as hilarious :lmao:  

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Imagine being 150 lbs and ####ting the bed so quickly like Paulie. Looks like his training paid off :lol:   Hopefully his next training involves a lesson on hydration.  Saddest display since Big Easy in a final. And he was likely 300 pounds at the time. "I got gas in the tank" :lol:  

Cara's been on these shows for a decade and still crying over puzzles and eating things is every bit as hilarious :lmao:  
Yep, they were both nauseating this season to me.  I used to not mind Cara too and would root for her over a bunch of these people.

Same goes for Tori, just less on the nauseating meter.

So they surely did not give any advantage to the team that performed better during the full challenge.  They have to carry more total weight but the same amount of people have to carry the gurney?  Ouch.  

Do we know yet how many people "win" and split the prize or are there still going to be one person winning 1st, then a 2nd, and a 3rd place finisher?  Looked like in the preview the final leg was 4 vs 4 right?

So they surely did not give any advantage to the team that performed better during the full challenge.  They have to carry more total weight but the same amount of people have to carry the gurney?  Ouch.  

Do we know yet how many people "win" and split the prize or are there still going to be one person winning 1st, then a 2nd, and a 3rd place finisher?  Looked like in the preview the final leg was 4 vs 4 right?
Kind of stupid that they have to carry more weight than their bamboo poles can handle (unless they did not show the US dropping the gurney wierd and the beams cracking).  Their massive height difference isn't going to help, they are just going to keep torqueing the gurney.  Team UK is mostly the same height, they don't have to deal with Zach's height.

Zach lowering the boom on paulie was awesome, the reunion show should be epic and Paulie should forever be regulated as a has been and nobody should follow him.

Yeah I said to my daughter before challenge began that all the contestants should drink a gallon of water or an electrolyte drinks as I guarantee some one will cramped or get dehydrated. 

In the first 5 minutes of the show he was bragging about he was at "peak" while everyone else was gassing.  I turned to my wife and daughter and was like, "He's not going to make it." :lol:

From the "on the next episode" clips at the end, it sure seemed like TJ congratulated a "team" for winning it.  Which is odd, because I was sure they would start eliminating people during the final to whittle it down to one winner.   

TheIronSheik said:
In the first 5 minutes of the show he was bragging about he was at "peak" while everyone else was gassing.  I turned to my wife and daughter and was like, "He's not going to make it." :lol:

From the "on the next episode" clips at the end, it sure seemed like TJ congratulated a "team" for winning it.  Which is odd, because I was sure they would start eliminating people during the final to whittle it down to one winner.   
And the second they showed him trying to get Cara to do math while running you knew she was going to screw up a math challenge.

And the second they showed him trying to get Cara to do math while running you knew she was going to screw up a math challenge.
Survivor got better without being so obvious with their foreshadowing, but I feel this show still hammers it home with the subtlety of a wrecking ball.  

I would love to see both Paulie and Jordan fail somehow.  Also, I'd love to see Leroy and CT win somehow.  I know it's not possible, but those two are my favorites right now. 

Leroy: "Can't believe this is going to come down to a puzzle and swimming" Is there anything else you want them to omit from the final? :lmao:  JFC  

He did well on the first part but FFS dude there's puzzles on every single final since the beginning of time. And swimming on many. Even if there's not swimming, I don't ever see him winning a final.

Jordan absolutely killed it this season. He's definitely in the discussion of the best ever on these things.

Did I miss something or was the timing off. I mean the Brits finished so far ahead of the US and the US got a 10 minute penalty for cheating but all the brits got for stage 2 was a 5 minute head start? Something doesnt add up.

Did I miss something or was the timing off. I mean the Brits finished so far ahead of the US and the US got a 10 minute penalty for cheating but all the brits got for stage 2 was a 5 minute head start? Something doesnt add up.
I think the team that finished first on day 1 was getting a 5-minute head start for the final leg regardless of their time on the first day. So they could have finished 30 seconds behind or 30 minutes behind and they were getting a 5-minute head start.

I think the team that finished first on day 1 was getting a 5-minute head start for the final leg regardless of their time on the first day. So they could have finished 30 seconds behind or 30 minutes behind and they were getting a 5-minute head start.
That seems stupid really.  Totally takes away the team concept and how fit the competitors are.

Jordan absolutely killed it this season. He's definitely in the discussion of the best ever on these things.
If he was on Team USA to start the final, would he have even made it to the final 4?  He struggled mightily on that puzzle.  Lucky for him that his team only had to cut one person and his fiance was worse than he was.

This season probably cemented CT at or near the top for a long long time.  He had to play a mental/social game that nobody has ever played before and physically he held his own as the grandpa of the cast while crushing the final.

I don’t like that they have timeouts on the puzzles. I realize that they need to keep the game moving, but this time it could’ve vastly changed the outcome of the final.

Another thing with the timing.  CT pushed the American gurney and UK was hit with a 10 minute penalty.  The US team basically had everyone carrying bags during 2 stages and they were given a total of 10 minutes.   I know at that point UK had already won stage 1, but just seemed weird.   If from the beginning the US just said screw it, and they each picked a few bags and ran the whole way, would they have just been given a single 10 minute penalty?

Yeah, I feel like a lot wasn't explained.  As soon as we saw the people carrying bags, we all were like, "Didn't they say you couldn't do that?  Or change out gurney holders?"  Weird.

Was sad for Leroy.  But so happy for CT.  The fact that they didn't want him because "no one wants to run a final with him" made it so sweet.

Usually this is like Survivor and the next season should be starting fairly soon.   But until then, Vanderpump rules is right around the corner. :excited:

Happy for CT.  How far that dude has come in his life.  So awesome.

Looking forward to the reunion next week (it's often just as entertaining, if not more so, than the season itself).  In the preview, Bananas saying to Cara, "Spoken like a true LOSER".  Aaaahhhahahahaha.

Paulie kinda grew on me a bit the 2nd half of the season.  Congratulating the other team after the final and admitting he failed his team, saying he "needs to do/be better".  Good on him.  Meanwhile, Cara is over in the corner crying as the UK team celebrates.  She sucks.

Was excited for Vanderpump to come back, but I'm not sure I'm liking these new people.  They could have introduced them a little better rather than just acting like they've been there the whole time by focusing half the story of the episode on them.  

@Henry Ford You still watching VPR?

Was excited for Vanderpump to come back, but I'm not sure I'm liking these new people.  They could have introduced them a little better rather than just acting like they've been there the whole time by focusing half the story of the episode on them.  

@Henry Ford You still watching VPR?
I don’t think I ever got through a season of that show. I remember I tried to once. I guess it didn’t take. 

@TheIronSheik

Spy Games on Bravo started tonight. It looks like a slightly altered version of The Mole.  Recommend.  

Also, one of the contestants’ secrets (they have to figure out each others’ secrets rather than find The Mole) is that he was banned from Tinder “but not for anything creepy.”

@TheIronSheik

Spy Games on Bravo started tonight. It looks like a slightly altered version of The Mole.  Recommend.  

Also, one of the contestants’ secrets (they have to figure out each others’ secrets rather than find The Mole) is that he was banned from Tinder “but not for anything creepy.”
Interesting.  Not sure how my wife and daughter didn't hone in on this.

Interesting.  Not sure how my wife and daughter didn't hone in on this.
It’s three judges - ex-CIA, ex-FBI, and ex-Secret Service - judging 10 people who are going through an alleged version of Station S training from WWII. It doesn’t look at all like a Bravo show. 

It’s three judges - ex-CIA, ex-FBI, and ex-Secret Service - judging 10 people who are going through an alleged version of Station S training from WWII. It doesn’t look at all like a Bravo show. 
Interesting.  I'll have to check it out, GB.

Has anyone heard anything about the new season of The Challenge?   Usually it follows the same schedule as Survivor, but I don't see any news of it starting anytime soon.  

Users who are viewing this thread