What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MTV's The Challenge (and other reality shows) (3 Viewers)

Bananas eliminates Wes :cry:

I disagree with Wes that they played the perfect game til then. Thought 10000% one of them should have went against Nelson last elimination. Not sure why of the panic just this week.

========

Last week:

Thrilled Jenna's gone. Wish they'd end the whole Jenna-Zach "story" and/or just stop casting them. Both are amongst the most boring cast ever And seemingly every season.

Kaycee absolutely demolished Kailah in that elimination. Hilariously lopsided. I don't even know if Kailah was half done. I think Jenny's the favorite but Kaycee would be my pick for next best.

Bananas eliminates Wes :cry:

I disagree with Wes that they played the perfect game til then. Thought 10000% one of them should have went against Nelson last elimination. Not sure why of the panic just this week.

========

Last week:

Thrilled Jenna's gone. Wish they'd end the whole Jenna-Zach "story" and/or just stop casting them. Both are amongst the most boring cast ever And seemingly every season.

Kaycee absolutely demolished Kailah in that elimination. Hilariously lopsided. I don't even know if Kailah was half done. I think Jenny's the favorite but Kaycee would be my pick for next best.
They all should have been trying to get in early on in the game.  There will be a bunch of them left on the sidelines because they dont have a skull

They all should have been trying to get in early on in the game.  There will be a bunch of them left on the sidelines because they dont have a skull
Yep.  Pretty sure bananas and Wes probably get paid pretty good each episode they are there.   That’s the only reason I can’t think of why they wouldn’t have been pushing to get in earlier, they had chances.  Or maybe they just want to be on tv longer like a lot of these people do.  

I was surprised wes stepped up on that challenge.   I knew there was going to be some luck involved just looking at it, which isn’t good if you are wes. His cocky attitude thinking he is so awesome At everything got the best of him.   I was happy to see Jonny win anyways.  

Wes definitely should have waited. There have to be multiple skulls still left on both sides. It was also good seeing those two working together. At this point it’s best for them moving forward. I’ve been saying it for years, as have others. Bananas for the win now! Most of the tough competitors are gone.

If they use this concept again, they have to make the Dailies mean something more than just getting in a Tribunal. Being safe was huge when you didn’t want to go into elimination and you had power. The house votes have also been boring except for a couple. Def need some slight changes on top of this format.

There’s also something to be said about the Bunker being horrible and therefore people just wanting to get in for the skull or go home. Like I wonder if this would have played out drastically different if they were somewhere tropical. 

mozzy84 said:
I was surprised wes stepped up on that challenge.   I knew there was going to be some luck involved just looking at it, which isn’t good if you are wes. His cocky attitude thinking he is so awesome At everything got the best of him.   I was happy to see Jonny win anyways.  
The luck factor of the competition could’ve been why Wes actually chose to do. Les risk of tarnishing his legacy (and embarrassment) by it being a physical one and Bananas beating him in that.  

Bobcat10 said:
Wes definitely should have waited. There have to be multiple skulls still left on both sides. It was also good seeing those two working together. At this point it’s best for them moving forward. I’ve been saying it for years, as have others. Bananas for the win now! Most of the tough competitors are gone.

If they use this concept again, they have to make the Dailies mean something more than just getting in a Tribunal. Being safe was huge when you didn’t want to go into elimination and you had power. The house votes have also been boring except for a couple. Def need some slight changes on top of this format.

There’s also something to be said about the Bunker being horrible and therefore people just wanting to get in for the skull or go home. Like I wonder if this would have played out drastically different if they were somewhere tropical. 
There are skulls left to have but he could have gotten froze out if he didnt make the tribunal again.  Way to risky.  That is why I dont understand why these people were afraid to go in in the beginning against lesser players.   Especially considering they knew from the jump that they needed a skull.  I bet you start to see the strategy now that if someone on the tribunal has a skull that are going to vote in another player with a skull to get the numbers down

Once they showed Bananas say something along the lines of "the key to this one is to make sure you check each square completely" you knew he was winning.  Wes smashed all his squares but was still missing a battery. 

So Cory's pregnant girlfriend is a Teen Mom OG and after some digging it looks like his daughter's mom is also a Teen Mom OG? Guess he has a very specific kind of woman he looks for.

Once they showed Bananas say something along the lines of "the key to this one is to make sure you check each square completely" you knew he was winning.  Wes smashed all his squares but was still missing a battery. 

So Cory's pregnant girlfriend is a Teen Mom OG and after some digging it looks like his daughter's mom is also a Teen Mom OG? Guess he has a very specific kind of woman he looks for.
Yeah that was odd.  If I was wes I would want to see the rest of the batteries on my board to make sure they were all there

Yeah that was odd.  If I was wes I would want to see the rest of the batteries on my board to make sure they were all there
I wasn't saying there were shenanigans going on, just that Wes was more concerned with speed rather than actually reaching into hole to see if the battery was in there.  Kicking a hole into drywall and moving on to the next square doesn't help if the view of the battery was blocked by the piece of the drywall that was smashed in.

I wasn't saying there were shenanigans going on, just that Wes was more concerned with speed rather than actually reaching into hole to see if the battery was in there.  Kicking a hole into drywall and moving on to the next square doesn't help if the view of the battery was blocked by the piece of the drywall that was smashed in.
Nah I get it I am just saying if I was wes I would want to see where I messed up at?  Also I wonder if they batteries were placed the same for both guys?

He met his daughter's mom, Cheyenne on The Challenge and knocked her up when they hooked up one night after a reunion special.  Since she'd had a bf at the time, they had to wait until after the birth to get a paternity test and find out Cory was the father.  By then he'd hooked up with his current gf, who was one of the Teen Mom OGs that he met on Ex on the Beach.  He joined Teen Mom OG because of her.  And Cheyenne joined Teen Mom OG because of Corey, even though she was in her twenties when she became a mother.  Corey didn't get either of them pregnant when they were in their teens.

:lol:  Definite heavy edit of the show tonight. Love how Nany's so gung ho about going in when he's raged anytime her name was brought up for the past 10 years.

No way would I have been able to do tonight's elimination.

Last edited by a moderator:
They not only did the disclaimer, but they clearly edited any non-essential Dee footage from the episode, all commentary etc.  Made for a very awkward watch.
Yep, usually the show is 1.5hrs and it was edited down to 1 hr last night.     Would've been perfect timing if Dee would've lost that challenge and went home.

Weird that they cut out the 30 minutes considering the disclaimer said they would air the season as planned. Clearly the cut was not in the original plan.

offdee said:
Yep, usually the show is 1.5hrs and it was edited down to 1 hr last night.     Would've been perfect timing if Dee would've lost that challenge and went home.
They aired a full version in Canada and there is a recap on reddit.  Apparantley it was a pretty heavy dee episode and left a lot of the scheming by johnny out so the episode didnt make much sense when they edited it.  I hope to God this is not a trend now.  Who cares if Dee gets screen time?  Who is going to be offended?

They aired a full version in Canada and there is a recap on reddit.  Apparantley it was a pretty heavy dee episode and left a lot of the scheming by johnny out so the episode didnt make much sense when they edited it.  I hope to God this is not a trend now.  Who cares if Dee gets screen time?  Who is going to be offended?
It sounds like the original edited version was one of the best Challenge episodes in a long time for people who watched it.

Definetly a wierd watch with the edit.   The summary on Comcast was talking about if Bananas plan to get out Dee would work, then all they show was Bananas saying her name in Tribunal. I actually had to rewind thinking I fell asleep on the couch and missed a bunch.  As someone mentioned above, would have been nice if she lost last night.

As for the actual challenge, I would have taken off my shoe, held it between my hanads and used that to start pulling down the dirt at the beginning, get larger scoops out of the way.   I couldn't tell if they both started with the same amount of room, or if they somehow made Maddie's side larger/Dee's smaller given the size difference.

Definetly a wierd watch with the edit.   The summary on Comcast was talking about if Bananas plan to get out Dee would work, then all they show was Bananas saying her name in Tribunal. I actually had to rewind thinking I fell asleep on the couch and missed a bunch.  As someone mentioned above, would have been nice if she lost last night.

As for the actual challenge, I would have taken off my shoe, held it between my hanads and used that to start pulling down the dirt at the beginning, get larger scoops out of the way.   I couldn't tell if they both started with the same amount of room, or if they somehow made Maddie's side larger/Dee's smaller given the size difference.
On the podcast challenge mania they talked with (jay?) someone about what goes into the challenge.  They describe the challenge and lay out the rules and then for like an hour they players ask questions about what is legal and what is not so I am betting using a shoe is against the rules.  He said they are pretty strict in following the rules so they take a ton of time laying it out and having a QandA so there are no issues.  Thats why last season with Laurel getting DQ was a big WTF and how she was wronged

I am going to guess all episodes are going to be edited one way or another from here on out.  Hopefully now with more time they can do a better job because that was pretty bad.

That said maddie seems to be pretty overrated....

I am going to guess all episodes are going to be edited one way or another from here on out.  Hopefully now with more time they can do a better job because that was pretty bad.

That said maddie seems to be pretty overrated....
Yeah, has Maddie done anything on this show over the years other than just being "tall and big" ?

Granted I am a bit slow but what is the purpose to totally scrub dee from the show even while she is winning challenges?  Makes no sense and totally ruins the editing

Granted I am a bit slow but what is the purpose to totally scrub dee from the show even while she is winning challenges?  Makes no sense and totally ruins the editing
yea pretty crazy how they edited her out completely, not sure they even showed her face for more than a second or two.    At least they didn't cut a half hour out again from the show but it still seemed off the entire time. 

yea pretty crazy how they edited her out completely, not sure they even showed her face for more than a second or two.    At least they didn't cut a half hour out again from the show but it still seemed off the entire time. 
But what is the point?  She isnt racist, she just made a insensitive (even thats debatable) joke.  This over correction is insane.

But what is the point?  She isnt racist, she just made a insensitive (even thats debatable) joke.  This over correction is insane.
I agree, totally stupid but its their show I guess and they are sticking it to her.  Run the statement at the beginning and in the middle break and call it good.   They must not edit these shows up months ago because I can't see them going through and redoing everything if it was done already.   That said I can't stand Dee so maybe I can get used to this edit lol

They’ve taken a stance by firing her. There are people demanding that Netflix take down all of Chris D’Elia’s specials from the platform because of the allegations against him. They would say that MTV shouldn’t be airing content with Dee in it for what she’s done. That she shouldn’t be allowed to profit and that they shouldn’t profit from her. And by firing her, they’ve said they agree. So they’re minimizing her presence on the show as much as possible considering it was all taped months ago.

They don’t want the backlash they would get if they took the stance they have and then not gone to extremes. In their business image is very important to success and failure.

They’ve taken a stance by firing her. There are people demanding that Netflix take down all of Chris D’Elia’s specials from the platform because of the allegations against him. They would say that MTV shouldn’t be airing content with Dee in it for what she’s done. That she shouldn’t be allowed to profit and that they shouldn’t profit from her. And by firing her, they’ve said they agree. So they’re minimizing her presence on the show as much as possible considering it was all taped months ago.

They don’t want the backlash they would get if they took the stance they have and then not gone to extremes. In their business image is very important to success and failure.
Yeah, seems over the top extreme, but I understand why they are doing it to avoid any backlash and then able to promote how in support of BLM they are.

Siesta Key is another MTV show that they fired the main villain and drama creator (and huge story line).  Edited him down to only showing the back of his head and driving off in his Bentley truck.

Not an MTV show, but Vanderpump Rules fired their main female staple character and 3 role type characters.   There is also uproar of how they should be firing their main male staple character for some past comments too.  

These shows are putting the hammer down to make a statement.

Yeah, seems over the top extreme, but I understand why they are doing it to avoid any backlash and then able to promote how in support of BLM they are.

Siesta Key is another MTV show that they fired the main villain and drama creator (and huge story line).  Edited him down to only showing the back of his head and driving off in his Bentley truck.

Not an MTV show, but Vanderpump Rules fired their main female staple character and 3 role type characters.   There is also uproar of how they should be firing their main male staple character for some past comments too.  

These shows are putting the hammer down to make a statement.
This over correction is just insane.   No other way to describe it.  Again, Dee isnt racist she just made a dumb joke.  She dates black guys, she lives with a black guy.  She is Asian.  The whole thing is insanity.

This over correction is just insane.   No other way to describe it.  Again, Dee isnt racist she just made a dumb joke.  She dates black guys, she lives with a black guy.  She is Asian.  The whole thing is insanity.
The positive PR gained by showing you are an activist (and putting money where your mouth is with these moves) is more lucrative long term to the brand than these few characters.

But yes, I agree, it's too much and really sucks for these people getting fired.  They basically lost a career overnight and will forever be blackballed from the industry and deemed a racist by the general public.   

The Vanderpump Rules female lead (Stassi Schroeder) was becoming a big time influencer and Author.  That is now all gone in an instant.

Bananas on Worst Cooks, if I could remember how to post a potential spoiler I would, but I can't in my drunk state, so too bad...

The positive PR gained by showing you are an activist (and putting money where your mouth is with these moves) is more lucrative long term to the brand than these few characters.

But yes, I agree, it's too much and really sucks for these people getting fired.  They basically lost a career overnight and will forever be blackballed from the industry and deemed a racist by the general public.   

The Vanderpump Rules female lead (Stassi Schroeder) was becoming a big time influencer and Author.  That is now all gone in an instant.
Yeah I get all of that but does MTV really think people will still be pissed at them if they aired the normal edits of the Challenge? 

Bananas on Worst Cooks, if I could remember how to post a potential spoiler I would, but I can't in my drunk state, so too bad...
I would sat post away, the show is over.   I like Jonny regardless but he was pretty funny and likeable on that show, even a bananas hater would say that I'm thinking.

mozzy84 said:
I would sat post away, the show is over.   I like Jonny regardless but he was pretty funny and likeable on that show, even a bananas hater would say that I'm thinking.
LOL, can't remember what I was going to post.  I think it was

On the first episode Bananas said "I am a 7 time... I mean 6 time winner of MTVs The Challenge".  Not sure if that was an oops based on the timing of the recordings (MTV filming before Worst Cooks), or just Bananas not knowing how many time he has won.

Watching Nanny and Josh trying to get skulls when they spend season after season bltching and moaning how they deserve to get to final (and scared AF to actually EARN it by going into an elimination in every other season) is gold.

Nanny needs to retire. She's been one of the worst competitors for a long long long time.

And I pray we see Josh cry again. No skull for you. Cry Josh cry.

That was somewhat disappointing.  I was hoping some of the slow players would have missed out on a red skull due to their refusal to step up early.  Although next week will be interesting to see who gets thrown in.

"...and you beat someone who cries a lot"

Best line of the season.

-That was a pretty stupid strategy about throwing anessa in. You want a weak person in the final just to go the odds down especially for the girls
-If the people with the red skulls were smart they would have not let bayleigh go in and blind sided someone not in their alliance to get the number of red skulls down same with kyle
-I am assuming in the purgatory one of the rules is there cannot be knots because none of those morons were even attempting to knot the rope. One cinch knot even around the steering wheel would have been close to impossible to get off and then you could add numerous ones inside and out of the car.
-You just had to know there was going to be another challenge now that everyone has the red skulls and now comes the time when the alliances are crucial.
-And I will keep beating the dead horse of how freaking stupid it is to totally scrub Dee from the show. The disclaimer at the beginning said they will not tolerate racism but dee, an asian that dates black guys is not racist. It just doesnt make sense

-That was a pretty stupid strategy about throwing anessa in. You want a weak person in the final just to go the odds down especially for the girls
-If the people with the red skulls were smart they would have not let bayleigh go in and blind sided someone not in their alliance to get the number of red skulls down same with kyle
-I am assuming in the purgatory one of the rules is there cannot be knots because none of those morons were even attempting to knot the rope. One cinch knot even around the steering wheel would have been close to impossible to get off and then you could add numerous ones inside and out of the car.
-You just had to know there was going to be another challenge now that everyone has the red skulls and now comes the time when the alliances are crucial.
-And I will keep beating the dead horse of how freaking stupid it is to totally scrub Dee from the show. The disclaimer at the beginning said they will not tolerate racism but dee, an asian that dates black guys is not racist. It just doesnt make sense
I think we're gonna get some good battles upcoming with everyone now trying to avoid going in.

If any of Cory/Fessy/Nelson win/tribunal, we're likely to see Bananas or Rogan going in again IMO. If Kaycee/Bayleigh/Melissa win/tribunal, we're likely to see Jenny or Dee going in again. Just feels like a clear divide.

Bananas really doesn't have much alliance in these games anymore. He's left early last few seasons. And most of his "crew" has aged out/been eliminated/kicked off show. So he pretty much has to earn his spot anymore.

Once they showed that the end not attached to you was free that was my thought as well.  Use that end to tie actual knots through the steering wheel.  Was also wondering if one of the rules was that you couldn't go under the car.  Drape some loops through the car that hang down, then go under the car and through those loops, if you did it enough times might be able to make the space under the car even shorter and not let someone fit.  Or if you were against someone like Big Easy who would never fit under the car.

Once they showed that the end not attached to you was free that was my thought as well.  Use that end to tie actual knots through the steering wheel.  Was also wondering if one of the rules was that you couldn't go under the car.  Drape some loops through the car that hang down, then go under the car and through those loops, if you did it enough times might be able to make the space under the car even shorter and not let someone fit.  Or if you were against someone like Big Easy who would never fit under the car.
I think that they said that you could only tangle it up by going through, so you wouldn’t be able to tie it around the steering wheel because you can’t fit through the steering wheel.

I don’t like that they made such a big deal about having a red skull and then having more than enough red skulls for everyone who reaches the final to have at least one. Everyone was stressing about getting one for no reason.

Pretty boring finale.  Carry some logs, make a fire with a pile of perfect fire making stuff, walk in snow, "surprise" challenge of running and jumping in snow, do a math problem, walk up a mountain.   Having Bananaas spoil it on the first episode of "Worst Cooks, Celebrity Edition" kind of helped to spoil it for me.   For those who didn't read my spoiler earlier, on the first episode he introduced himself "I am Johnny Bananas the 7 time, no wait... 6 time winner of MTV's The Challenge"

Yeah, this wasn't one of the more interesting finals I've seen.  Though I will say, impressive that 45 year old Johnny takes this over the younger guys, keeping yourself highly competitive that long is pretty impressive.

The snow finals don't come off well IMO on TV. There's no doubt the final was complete hell at elevation but really came off as "easier" than the desert final a season or two ago. Agree its pretty damn impressive what Bananas is still doing against many a lot younger that him.

I don't know if they already have another season taped but it may be awhile before we get another challenge due to COVID.

Johnny Bananas has been making the podcast circuit and basically saying the final was crazy tough as it was in a blizzard and in 3 feet of snow at 10000 ft.  This made things extreme but yeah I agree it didnt come off well on TV

Users who are viewing this thread