What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** 2019 Cakeleeg - Standings update? (2 Viewers)

Been at the top of my list for the last 6-8 rounds but i just couldn't push the button. Costros just dont seem like they looking to push the button on him til 2nd half and that's bad for roto. Great last rounder. I'm targeting that kinda guy for my Mr Irrelevant comin' up
Yeah, same.  He didn't get many innings at all last year too. 26 IP at Corpsey Krista and 26 more in the AFL.  Only 92 the year prior.

So you have to wonder what the workload will be.  He may come up and just destroy as a multi inning guy of the bullpen at the end of the year.

Yeah, same.  He didn't get many innings at all last year too. 26 IP at Corpsey Krista and 26 more in the AFL.  Only 92 the year prior.

So you have to wonder what the workload will be.  He may come up and just destroy as a multi inning guy of the bullpen at the end of the year.
and cos not biting on him str8up gave me pause, cuz he's a no-doubt prospect behind perhaps only Vlad among potential '19 debuters really, so why wouldn't the local have snapped him up if he was a candidate for serious innings. top last-rd spec tho

Last edited by a moderator:
and cos not biting on him str8up gave me pause, cuz he's a no-doubt prospect behind perhaps only Vlad among potential '19 debuters really, so why wouldn't the local have snapped him up if he was a candidate for serious innings. top last-rd spec tho
Cos also thinks Michael Brantley profiles as a 1B.

then that must be the fact if you read it on the internet.

Bet accepted.
There's also this:

Ken Rosenthal✔@Ken_Rosenthal

Michael Brantley’s reps are telling clubs he is willing and able to play 1B for the first time as a major leaguer. No team is looking at Brantley full-time at 1B, but those interested in him are aware of his versatility. Brantley played 53 games at 1B in the minors in 2007-08.

2:42 PM - Dec 6, 2018

Chemical X said:
part of my daily routine is digging thru the garbage next to the lottery machine at my local supermarket.  i enter the tickets into 2nd chance drawings in the hopes i can win some extra money for italy.  in today’s batch i found a $30 winner that someone threw out.  this is really what life is for me now.  
Have we properly responded to this obvious cry for help?

For me, the big this is that Kemp or Marisnick are huge upgrades on defense in the OF and Hinch likes to let everyone play. 

I do not think Whitley comes up before the All Star break, mostly because they will want him with less innings on his arm so he hits the playoffs under 100.

I did not draft him because 90% of the time its basically an empty roster spot for half a season before I give up and drop him for Carmago because IF injuries have killed me and then the next week he'll get called up and I'm last in waiver order because I just got Carmago.

This season I am going to try to get and maintain a high ww spot and keep it.

Speaking of that. When I'm getting a lug no one else wants, just to fill in for injury or ineptitude, there should be a way to get the player without losing WW position. Maybe a fcfs after the waivers are run?

There's also this:

Ken Rosenthal✔@Ken_Rosenthal

Michael Brantley’s reps are telling clubs he is willing and able to play 1B for the first time as a major leaguer. No team is looking at Brantley full-time at 1B, but those interested in him are aware of his versatility. Brantley played 53 games at 1B in the minors in 2007-08.

2:42 PM - Dec 6, 2018
Maybe HInch will Hinch it up for you.  I assume White, Yuli, Diaz and Reddick would all play there before him.

Fake news I was referring to.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/astros/article/Astros-test-versatility-Brantley-Reddick-spring-13671007.php

I assume White, Yuli, Diaz and Reddick would all play there before him.
Hinch seems to prefer Yuli for IF flexibility and is comfortable with him at 3B, probably @Second Sucks

Josh is usually a plus OF and I would imagine him floating around out there, rather than IF, although I am sure he could handle 1B. Imo, if Reddick doesn't step it up in a  hurry this season (offensively), I'd get rid of him and take the superior defense from Kemp/Marisnick or call up Tucker. But since he's a fan favorite with a guaranteed $18 million, he's getting a lot of rope.

White is not even good a 1B defensively, so I expect he will usually DH or man a corner OF when we have a 10 run lead.

Diaz could play there, But I expect they will use him more for other IF and may even some OF. We will want to keep abs for others at 1B.

Hinch is hard to figure but  would probably be happiest with seven Marwyn Gonzaleses (at last year's price).

Hinch seems to prefer Yuli for IF flexibility and is comfortable with him at 3B, probably @Second Sucks

Josh is usually a plus OF and I would imagine him floating around out there, rather than IF, although I am sure he could handle 1B. Imo, if Reddick doesn't step it up in a  hurry this season (offensively), I'd get rid of him and take the superior defense from Kemp/Marisnick or call up Tucker. But since he's a fan favorite with a guaranteed $18 million, he's getting a lot of rope.
Reddick and Brantley were nearly identical as defenders last year.  Brantley is fine out there.  Obviously Kemp/Marisnick are better, but they weren't just given $32M.   :shrug:

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=of&stats=fld&lg=all&qual=y&type=1&season=2018&month=0&season1=2018&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=24,d

Looking forward to checking boxscores each night to see if Brantley gets an inning at 1B, lol.

Paid:
Chemical X
Bananafish
Dr. Detroit
Dam Lanskin
Wikkidpissah

Sorta Paid:
Cosjobs - owes $34
Cappy/FDAS - Cappy owes $67

Unpaid:

Everybody else

Reddick and Brantley were nearly identical as defenders last year.  Brantley is fine out there.  Obviously Kemp/Marisnick are better, but they weren't just given $32M.   :shrug:

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=of&stats=fld&lg=all&qual=y&type=1&season=2018&month=0&season1=2018&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=24,d

Looking forward to checking boxscores each night to see if Brantley gets an inning at 1B, lol.
If Fangraphs charted efforting and crashing into walls or leaping into the stands to get a fly ball, it wouldn't be close.

On the other hand, Reddick's demonstrated toughness at first

Fan favorites tend to get playing time (see Josh Reddick). 
Would be neat if you were right, but he has options where others don't.  He has a chance with Sano out, but I think that keeps Adrianza or Torreyes on the squad instead.  Adrianza is out of options, Torreyes still has one.  Austin also out of options.  Duda is a NRI that has a chance to make it (although I'm guessing not).  I guess they could send Garver down instead...that may be his best shot.

TWINS ARE SO DEEP RIGHT NOW.  ;)

Users who are viewing this thread