What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who you buying or selling? (1 Viewer)

Matt's Eagles

Footballguy
Simple question:

Here are a few of mine

Buys

QB
Carson Wentz
Sam Darnold

RB
Tevin Coleman gets away from Freeman
Gurley, May be a buy low if owner is concerned about his knee
Ajayi good buy low sneaky sleeper

WR
Dede Westbrook new QB should help him
AJ Green, Larry Fitz- generally can be bought low
Maybe Edelman 
Chris Godwin- going to eat in Arians system 

TE
Hunter Henry
Ian Thomas
OJ Howard
Sleeper....Conklin

2020 1st rounders

Sells
QB
Mariota

RB
Chris Carson
McCoy
TB/Balt RBs
L Founette

WR
E Sanders
D Thomas
Odell.....cashing out now

TE
Jared Cook

2019 1st rounders

Gurley’s a tough one. If I were getting top 3 value for him, I’d sell. But the people sniffing around are looking on the half price rack. 

Sell: 

NOS QB Drew Brees               After his great 2018 season, I can only expect a decline for 2019.  I just don't see Top 5 in his future.  

NYG WR OBJ                            Not sure what I could/would get for him, but he is too frustrating to hold IMo.  QB & OL issues make him too inconsistent 

HOU WR Dem Thomas          Age & injury make him no more than WR5 value. 

Buying: 

OJ Howard & Hunter Henry      both look like solid TE careers if injury recovery is clean

Whatever RB Philly gets to replace Ajayi

Indy QB Andrew Luck

Buying: Chris Godwin, DJ Moore, Rashaad Penny, Anthony Miller, Courtland Sutton, Nyheim Hines, Kareem Hunt, Evan Engram, Hunter Henry, Juju if I can get him. 

Selling: James Conner, Chris Carson, OJ Howard, James White, Antonio Brown, Tevin Coleman

One of the keys to buy/sell that I think some people forget is that these guys have to be valued by others. A list that says buy Mahomes and sell Eli is a crappy list. Nobody is selling Mahomes unless its for a fortune, and nobody is buying Eli period. I tend to like buying late career guys for peanuts because people don't want to get nothing for them, so they'll sell them for complete lottery tickets, like 3rd-4th round rookie picks that end up being guys like Chase Edmunds, or Trey Quinn.  

QB Buys:

Brady-Old QB's are always easy to acquire. Brady could have 3-4 years left, but people will always have that fear of retirement. Especially if a non-contender has him.

Mayfield-I'm prepared to pay through the roof for him. I think he was just scratching the surface this season, and could be a top-5 QB as soon as next season.

Brees-Similar to Brady, but probably with a slightly higher price tag since he's coming off a better season. I got Brees 4 years ago for a 2nd round rookie pick, that turned out to be Nelson Agholor. In every league I've played in, old QB's are available for peanuts.

QB Sells:

Watson-I don't trust his ability to stay healthy, nor the guys around him other than Hopkins. He seems to be the consensus QB2, and that makes him a sell for me.

Newton-I'm terrified that he's about to hit that 2006 Culpepper dropoff, where his body just isn't capable of making the plays he tries to. Rather be early than late.

Goff-He's shown some high highs, and some dreadful lows. How will he react to the Super Bowl let down? Will the league start figuring out McVay? I have Goff as borderline QB1, so i don't hate him, but I could see 2018 being his best season.

RB Buys:

Lindsay-I think he's a stud, and the centerpiece of the Broncos offense. He looked great all season, and the team should only improve around him. He's valued as a mediocre RB2, and that is likely his floor. There is a top-5 ceiling here in my opinion.

Edwards-Fits perfect with Lamar Jackson as a no nonsense grinder. I'm not saying he'll be a stud by any means, but I think he can be a solid RB2/flex on the Jordan Howard/Mark Ingram spectrum, and based on most dynasty rankings, he's almost free to acquire.

Lynch-If he comes back, I think he can be a great addition to a contender as a flex play. He's looked very good these last 2 years. Another guy who is likely free to acquire even if you wait until he officially comes back.

RB Sells:

Gurley-I'm kinda of the belief the Rams in general are gonna come down a bit. Gurley is still pretty much the#1 or #2 RB across the board. He's a guy I would try to sell for fortune. 

Gordon-Worried about his durability, and his future with the Chargers beyond 2019. Another guy where a small fortune may be acquirable.

Conner-2 years left on rookie deal, Steelers wont spend big money to keep him, and he's not as good as Bell. Hell, I'm not 100% sure he's better than Samuels. Doubt he'll be the bell cow that..uh Bell was.

WR Buys:

Fitzgerald-I think he's still a great WR, and that almost no WR would have been productive in that offense last year. I think a WR2 season is still a reasonable expectation, and perhaps more than 1 going forward, if he and Kingsbury hit it off. For a guy going for peanuts, he can be a starter for contenders.  

Sanu-Free to acquire, is most valuable in a best ball league. Though has a lot of value should Julio or Ridley get hurt.

D.Thomas-Almost free, have to hear about his health later this off season, but I don't get seeing him on a sell list. Sell for what? A 3rd-4th round rookie pick? At those prices, i'm buying Thomas and hoping for a year or two of spot starts.

WR Sells:

Cooper-I don't think a change of scenery is going to get rid of his inconsistency or make him bigger or faster. Cooper is a solid player, but I suspect people will prorate his Dallas numbers to a full season, and he'll be overvalued. He's not a guy I want as more than a WR3.

C.Davis-I think he might be the new Sammy Watkins, and not as good. He's banged up a lot, in an offense that can't pass the ball with any consistency, but because he was a top-5 pick, and is still very young, he's still likely to fetch a nice price.

Kupp-He wasn't a guy who could afford to lose much quickness, a bad knee injury could easily hurt him a ton, and that offense feels likely to regress in general, and he's probably the 3rd option in the passing game already.

TE Buys:

Herndon-Assuming he keeps his nose clean off the field, he look like the best candidate for a breakout season. Its possible he's the best pass catcher on the Jets and he had a nice rapport with Darnold down the stretch. If 2019 has a Kittle-like player waiting to break out, its Herndon.

Andrews-Looked like the Ravens best pass catcher to me. Also seemed to be the only guy who Jackson had chemistry with. Somewhat limited upside, but that is the TE position at the moment.

Reed-Looked really good, once Alex Smith wasn't his QB. He's pushing 30 now, but he's the cheapest he's ever been. A top-5 season in 2019 is still on the table in my opinion, as the rare TE who is the best weapon on his team.

TE Sells:

Ebron-Don't see him as a guy who turned the light on. More a guy who benefited from injuries around him, that led to an increased focus due to need. 99% chance 2018 is his career year, and it wouldn't be a total shock if he was a part time player next year. Not a top-10 TE in my eyes.

Engram-You won't get as much as you would have a year ago, but Engram's athleticism still makes people want him. He has no history of production when Beckham is playing, and Barkley took a lot of the dumpoffs that went Engram in 2017. Shurmur doesn't seem to like him, as he was a passing down only player for parts of the year. Maybe he's an ok TE2, but barring a Beckham injury, I'm not seeing much upside at all.

Henry-He's being ranked as if he didn't just tear his ACL. Also of note, was a bit of a breakout season by Mike Williams, which is a big issue, because part if Henry's appeal was that nobody other than Allen had really proven himself.

Sells
WR
E Sanders
D Thomas

What are you hoping to get for WRs over 30 coming off the worst injury for WRs over 30 (Achilles)? Can't imagine DT gets you anything, and Sanders any more than a 3rd.

Buys:

Wilson

Mariota - Think the Injuries really hindered him last season and he should bounce back. I like the Titans offense to bounce back as a whole for fantasy.

Rosen- Kingsbury may crash and burn in AZ, but he's going to have Rosen throw a lot

Old QBs (Rivers, Brees, even sniff around on Rodgers now that he's 35)

Stefon Diggs - Not a cheap buy, but he and Cousins were not on the same page a lot last year, and I think there's a potential for a lot more yards year 2 together

AJ Green - His game should age well, and the injury/age combo might have some owners looking to sell for mid-late 1st value. 

Keelan Cole - liked what I saw before the whole Jax passing game flamed out

Dumpster dive: John Brown(UFA), Justin Watson (DJax and maybe Humphries on the way out), Jordan Lasley (Brown and Crabtree UFA), Taywan Taylor

Derrick Henry - Think the light came one and he'll continue to work as the primary RB in TN next year

Kerryon Johnson - The ability he showed surprised me this year and should get lots of opportunities under Bevell

Ameer Abdullah - Could fit somewhere like Atlanta as a #2 back with receiving skills

David Njoku

Jonnu Smith

Sells: 

Newton

Any QB not named Mahomes or Mayfield that you can get a haul for

Golladay - I might be on an island here, but he's like WR13 in dynasty ADP. I love the size and potential, but geez, he's still a fairly raw and not that young outside WR, and now he's got an OC that wants to run every play. I'm not saying he's Robby Anderson, but look at Anderson or Tyrell Williams stats after year 2 and tell me why Golladay gets the red carpet to borderline WR1 status while those guys got "show me again" treatment. 

Edelman - sometimes guys get a bump when they show out int he super bowl. Edelman is still an almost 33 year old slot WR, so if his value went up I would look to sell

Corey Davis - He's one more disappointing year from being Devante Parker last offseason

Calvin Ridley - He'll be a good solid fantasy WR for several years, but some are hyping him as more than that

Melvin Gordon - still should be top 5 next year, but lots of work, some injuries piling up, and heading into his last year

Conner - Samuels coming on late could spell bad news for Conner's workload even if Bell leaves and they don't use a higher pick on a RB

Michel - He is a really talented runner and could be a good receiver, but I think his hype might outweigh his actual value as the 2 down back in NE

Ebron- Find the guy that buys his TD production and sell!

Last edited by a moderator:
Buys:

J. Crowder - could be a very sneaky buy. Hoping he stays in DC (they have nothing else and I'm a Skins fan) but I could see his value easily being higher on a new team. To me he's a young version of Edelman in the right offense.

Godwin - won't be cheap to acquire but he has the goods. New system should do him plenty good

Lindsay - I've been all over him since day one. Have him in most every dynasty league so no where to buy but he's one of the most exciting/explosive RBs in the league and still lots of doubters (although I think most doubts are really Freeman shareholders)

Winston- he's a great buy low IMO. He has shown flashes. He has talent all around him. I think he has his career year. 

OJ Howard - same as Winston, I know people worry about new coach and his lack of TE usage in the past but he's never had someone with Howard's physical gifts. I also think Ian Thomas is worth a buy. Although I'd love for Olsen to come back strong and play 16 games, does anyone really believe that will happen? He looked great in limited duty and Cam "should" be better this year if he's healing as reported.

Callaway - for the price he should be a great buy, one of the best young QBs in the league and he has big time speed. Just needs to work on concentration and routes. But man that speed

QB Sells:

Newton-I'm terrified that he's about to hit that 2006 Culpepper dropoff, where his body just isn't capable of making the plays he tries to. Rather be early than late.

RB Sells:

Gordon-Worried about his durability, and his future with the Chargers beyond 2019. Another guy where a small fortune may be acquirable.

Conner-2 years left on rookie deal, Steelers wont spend big money to keep him, and he's not as good as Bell. Hell, I'm not 100% sure he's better than Samuels. Doubt he'll be the bell cow that..uh Bell was.

WR Sells:

C.Davis-I think he might be the new Sammy Watkins, and not as good. He's banged up a lot, in an offense that can't pass the ball with any consistency, but because he was a top-5 pick, and is still very young, he's still likely to fetch a nice price.

TE Sells:

Ebron-Don't see him as a guy who turned the light on. More a guy who benefited from injuries around him, that led to an increased focus due to need. 99% chance 2018 is his career year, and it wouldn't be a total shock if he was a part time player next year. Not a top-10 TE in my eyes.

We are on the same wavelength here... Nice post :)

Sleeper....Conklin
Nice list although your buy targets are more plentiful than your sells.

I have to ask about this one though, are you talking about Tyler Conklin?

If you are Conklin was not very impressive as a rookie TE for the Vikings. The Vikings have been looking for a passing TE to compliment Rudolph for about six years in a row now. Conklin was no more promising than any of the previous ones.

There is a chance that the Vikings cut Rudolph to save cap space, but I don't think Conklin did anything to establish himself as Rudolphs replacement if they do.

What are you hoping to get for WRs over 30 coming off the worst injury for WRs over 30 (Achilles)? Can't imagine DT gets you anything, and Sanders any more than a 3rd.

Buys:

AJ Green - His game should age well, and the injury/age combo might have some owners looking to sell for mid-late 1st value. 

Kerryon Johnson - The ability he showed surprised me this year and should get lots of opportunities under Bevell

Sells: 

Golladay - I might be on an island here, but he's like WR13 in dynasty ADP. I love the size and potential, but geez, he's still a fairly raw and not that young outside WR, and now he's got an OC that wants to run every play. I'm not saying he's Robby Anderson, but look at Anderson or Tyrell Williams stats after year 2 and tell me why Golladay gets the red carpet to borderline WR1 status while those guys got "show me again" treatment. 

Edelman - sometimes guys get a bump when they show out int he super bowl. Edelman is still an almost 33 year old slot WR, so if his value went up I would look to sell

Michel - He is a really talented runner and could be a good receiver, but I think his hype might outweigh his actual value as the 2 down back in NE
I agreed with most of your post and wanted to highlight/piggyback on these parts.

I would happily deal a 3rd for Sanders if anyone is selling, regardless of what my team looked like.

Green and Johnson just missed my list. I think Green could really be a nice bounceback, if Taylor is able to improve the offense even 50% as much as McVay did in LA. Possibly Green has multiple top-5 seasons left in him. Johnson only needs the workload to be a top-10 RB. Like these 2 calls a ton.

I think the difference between Golladay and Anderson/T.Williams is Golladay has stability. He's not switching QB's like Anderson, or losing work to a returning stud like Williams did.I agree WR13 is too high, but I think he's a decent WR2 going forward.

If Edelman were like 27-28, I could see the Super Bowl MVP performance really inflating his value, but I'd be shocked if it did enough to overcome being 33. I actually think its more likely than Edelman is underrated this off season. 

Michel is currently ranked as a high-end RB2. RB14 to be exact. That seems about right to me. 

Buys:

Godwin - won't be cheap to acquire but he has the goods. New system should do him plenty good

Lindsay - I've been all over him since day one. Have him in most every dynasty league so no where to buy but he's one of the most exciting/explosive RBs in the league and still lots of doubters (although I think most doubts are really Freeman shareholders)

Winston- he's a great buy low IMO. He has shown flashes. He has talent all around him. I think he has his career year. 

OJ Howard - same as Winston, I know people worry about new coach and his lack of TE usage in the past but he's never had someone with Howard's physical gifts. I also think Ian Thomas is worth a buy. Although I'd love for Olsen to come back strong and play 16 games, does anyone really believe that will happen? He looked great in limited duty and Cam "should" be better this year if he's healing as reported.
Sounds like you are all-in on Bruce Arians in Tampa. Love the Godwin call, and I wonder if he'll be the new slot guy for Arians ala Fitz, Wayne, Ward? Evans seems like he'd be an awkward fit in that role. Maybe Howard gets some slot snaps? My only issue with Winston is that he looks the the exact same QB as he was when he was drafted, almost like the last 4 years didn't matter at all. 

I really don't know why more people don't love Lindsay. 

Nice list although your buy targets are more plentiful than your sells.

I have to ask about this one though, are you talking about Tyler Conklin?

If you are Conklin was not very impressive as a rookie TE for the Vikings. The Vikings have been looking for a passing TE to compliment Rudolph for about six years in a row now. Conklin was no more promising than any of the previous ones.

There is a chance that the Vikings cut Rudolph to save cap space, but I don't think Conklin did anything to establish himself as Rudolphs replacement if they do.
Yep Tyler Conklin, it takes a while for most TEs to develop...Rudolph will be 30 and is a Free Agent in 2020 as well . Just my sleeper though

Lot of people high on Godwin - I was too at the beginning of the season and tried to pick him up but he didn’t show me much in the 2nd half. We’ll see what Ariana can pull off but not completely sold on him. 

Yep Tyler Conklin, it takes a while for most TEs to develop...Rudolph will be 30 and is a Free Agent in 2020 as well . Just my sleeper though
I hope he turns out better than I have seen from him so far. I do know a lot of folks liked him as a rookie prospect.

I think you would need a pretty deep roster to keep him though. Rudolph is one of the faces of the franchise, unlikely the Vikings let him go although I wouldn't mind if they did because he isn't very special as a receiver and he is a terrible blocker.

I hope he turns out better than I have seen from him so far. I do know a lot of folks liked him as a rookie prospect.

I think you would need a pretty deep roster to keep him though. Rudolph is one of the faces of the franchise, unlikely the Vikings let him go although I wouldn't mind if they did because he isn't very special as a receiver and he is a terrible blocker.
Most leagues I am in, have a Taxi Squad...so I just stash him there and see what happens.

All players relative to how I perceive current market value. This could sub as an overvalued/undervalued list.

Buys:

Dalvin Cook

Fournette

Gurley

A Brown

AJ Green

R Penny

Josh Allen

Mixon

Coutee

Kerryon Johnson

Kirk

****Special free  agent addition. These are not players I'd pay a premium for but these are FA's I'd like to be sitting on in as I think they have legit shots to surge in value. Not going to list guys like Bell or even Tevin Coleman, thinking cheaper****

***FA cheap buy's****

Devante Parker

Donte Moncrief

John Brown

TJ Yeldon

Tyrell Williams

Mark Ingram-only one of this list of cheap FA's that was not available in most of my leagues waiver wire at some point late in season.

Sells:(I"m leaving out players whose time to move long passed. DT, Sanders, McCoy, Gronk. Also in general leaving out anyone whose value is on decline, so no Corey Davis)

Michel

Damian Williams

Conner

Boyd

D Henry

Melvin Gordon

K Allen

David Johnson-if not to late, but chance Kingsbury hire got his value back for some.

Buy QB: Garoppolo - Easy swap (+/-) if you drafted Darnold, Rosen, or Allen last year to get a better player.

Buy RB: Cook - Few RB I care about outside of round 1, so I'll list him as being one of the only ones worth their draft slot potentially.

Buy WR: Lockett - Breakout a little muted given it's post-hype and looks TD dependent, which makes him undervalued

Buy TE: OJ - Specifically, I'm looking to add something to Engram or Henry to get him.

Sell QB: Goff, Trubisky, Darnold, Rosen, Allen - Any QB I don't think will be HOF elite who is currently overvalued due to being young.

Sell RB: Tevin - Don't think he'll be able to be consistent given his track record and his SCT. Easy sell if he is slotted as a starter/RB2.

Sell WR: Sutton - Overvalued based on height=upside fallacy. Most guys in his tier I like better.

Sell TE: Herndon/Thomas - Don't hate them, but would move off of them if anyone was seeing a breakout in their OK rookie years.

I'm in a 5 player keeper league and not a dynasty league so maybe that plays a role - but I just don't get the hate for OBJ.  I know he's been hurt the last two years but he's still only 26 years old and put up 16 ppg in 2018 in .5 PPR.  He also seemed to mature last year (admittedly the bar was pretty low) with far fewer off the field issues.  Eli can't play forever but OBJ will be the #1 option in the passing game no matter who plays QB for NYG.  I have him, I think he's immensely talented, and I have no intention of selling him.

Buys

Andrew Luck - The time to buy him would have been prior to his recovery, but I think he still is worth buying and some may look to sell now that Luck will be 30 next season.

Russel Wilson - This guy is a great QB although his numbers were down in 2018 due to the Seahawks running the ball more. Despite only 427 passing attempts (hasn't thrown this few times since 2013) Wilson still threw 35 TD.

DeSean Watson - May be difficult to buy him as he was overvalued last year then had a great year in 2018. I would still like to have him on my team.

David Johnson - The Cardinals were dead last in many important categories in 2018 such as points scored, yards gained. Somehow Miami managed to run fewer plays than the Cardinals did but they were second worst there. I progression towards the mean here regardless of whatever else happens and DJ is going to be the centerpiece of that. Johnson did not quite get 1000 yards rushing last year and he will be 28 years old as reasons he may be available for less than an arm and a leg.

Derrius Guice - If he were in the 2019 draft class he would be my 1st overall pick

Dalvin Cook - Gary Kubiak has been added to the staff and as of now his role looks to be run game coordinator. No one ran more outside zone than Kubiak has in his coaching history and Cook fits that perfectly.

DeVonta Freeman - I am concerned about his injuries. However Coleman is leaving as a free agent and this could mean Feeman gets back to 250 touches in 2019.

Ito Smith - Useful insurance for Freeman.

Kareem Hunt - May be with a team next year.

Jerrick McKinnon - I think he is better than Matt Breida although they are almost clones of each other.

Derrick Henry - I feel like Charlie Brown a bit here, but the coaches surely figured out he needs the ball now right?

Leonard Fournette - After a couple injury riddled seasons people have soured on him. Could still have a huge year if he does manage to stay healthy. New QB incoming and Yeldon may be somewhere else.

Cooper Kupp - I think the Rams sorely missed him in the lineup last year.

TY Hilton - Turning 30 but he is still Lucks main weapon.

AJ Green - Will be 31 and with a couple injury riddled seasons maybe he can be had for a decent price.

George Kittle - Maybe he should be a sell as I am not really expecting him to be used as much with some SF WR coming back from injury. But man this guy did great! I would like to have him on my team.

OJ Howard - was having a great season before he got injured.

Austin Hooper - 71 receptions last year. Maybe that takes a bit of a hit if Freeman is back? Seems like steady progression from Hooper in his 3rd season.

Sells

Matthew Stafford - Passing volume is gone now that Patricia is the coach. The Lions are talking about throwing the ball less in 2019 not more.

Jimmy Garrapolo - I think the hype on this guy exceeds what he has done and I would like to sell that perception that maybe he lives up to.

Kenyan Drake - Would have been a better sell last year but some still likely view him as the Dolphins best RB.

Tevin Coleman - If I can get a starter price for him based on the possibility of him becoming one I will take it. 

Robert Woods - I think Cooks and Kupp are better than him.

Tyler Boyd - I have seen some folks actually think he is a buy. I see very average numbers in a situation where he was pretty much the last guy standing.

I have more buys than sells too. Some of my buys could actually be sells in the right situation, such as someone valuing Derrick Henry more than I do.

You guys selling OBJ even before the QB sitch is clarified? I can keep OBJ or Kupp and def my hardest decision of the offseason. 

I'm in a 5 player keeper league and not a dynasty league so maybe that plays a role - but I just don't get the hate for OBJ.  I know he's been hurt the last two years but he's still only 26 years old and put up 16 ppg in 2018 in .5 PPR.  He also seemed to mature last year (admittedly the bar was pretty low) with far fewer off the field issues.  Eli can't play forever but OBJ will be the #1 option in the passing game no matter who plays QB for NYG.  I have him, I think he's immensely talented, and I have no intention of selling him.
Took the words out of my mouth. I’m in a 4 player keeper league so perhaps our situations are the reason but I’m having a hard time finding a reason not to keep him. 

Buy: 

Kupp - Has been Goff's RZ target since day one. Don't remember the exact number, but he was definitely top 10 in the league in RZ targets and this is on a team that is good for 3 or 4 TD's every single game. Yes please. 

Guice - ADP racked up 1000 yards fairly easily. The Redskins aren't the most creative offensive team. They run the ball - and run the ball pretty well. I'm really excited to see what this kid does next year. 

Kamara - I know some people are down on him because they came to expect 50 points every single game. But for those of us who are actually realistic, he is going to continue producing at a high level and I see no reason for any regression in stats. Going to keep riding the train as long as Brees and Payton are driving the ship. 

CMC - Thought he would finish top 3 last year and was scoffed at. Well, well, well. But then I went ahead and traded him for OBJ because I was loaded at RB. 😞 Drafting at the end of round 1 again next year and if he is still there I will take him. Newton could potentially regress but I don't see that hurting CMC at all. It may actually help him if he stops thinking he needs to run the ball in every time the Panthers are inside the 10 yard line. Kid is an absolute stud. Probably the safest bet on the board. 

Adams - He has been slowly creeping up draft boards the last couple of years. He may finally have reached his actual value. I had him his pseudo-breakout year and while the stats were pretty good, he dropped the ball...a LOT. He seems to have solved the dropsies and just like Kamara - as long as Rodgers is at the helm Adams is going to eat. 

Juju - I can't decide if AB leaving is a good or bad thing. But regardless of what he does, Juju has cemented his place as one of the best receivers in the league. I see possible regression from Ben this year, that would be my only concern. 

Lockett - Was always thought to be TD dependent and lived or died by the deep ball. He is still a deep ball threat but has more consistency to his game. I think the TD's and targets both go up next year. Got him late in several drafts last year and will be targeting him again. Not sure what is going on with Baldwin. 

Mack - He's the real deal. Last preseason was one of the strangest I can remember for a team's backfield. First, Mack is the supposed starter then Hines looks to be the guy that can do it all. Suddenly Wilkins is the best pure runner. Then Mack comes back and straight up kills it. Now that all of the indecision has been ironed out, expect a big season with Luck now healthy and the Colts one of the hottest teams in the NFL. You know how you always enter a draft having a handful of guys that you really want? Mack is one of them for me next year. 

Barkley - Nothing needs to be said here. He will be chosen in the top 3 and will finish top 3. Side by side with CMC as safest pick of the draft. 

Sell:

Roethlisberger - Was really high on him last year and couldn't believe it when I snagged him in the 9th round. Helped me have the highest point season by any team ever in our league. But I don't think he will reproduce it. Not that he will fall off completely, in fact he will probably put up numbers around where he was initially projected last year. But I think this is a case of people jumping on someone a year too late where value is going in the wrong direction since ADP is going up and production will undoubtedly go down. But if for some reason he's not drafted higher in response to his 2018 production, he may still be a good pick. 

Rivers - The guy who always produces but is never in the conversation of the guy you WANT at QB. You usually settle for him and he ends up giving you good production. I think he takes a step back this year. Will Allen stay healthy? Will they rely on Gordon more? Will Rivers come back with the fire in his eyes after a season where he had to feel like they had a shot? Too many question marks for me. 

'Reek - I could be totally off on this one - and I would be ok with that because I may end up drafting him. This is more of a value thing - assuming he is drafted where he SHOULD be after last year (late 1st/early 2nd) I would pass at that evaluation. If he's there in the 3rd - I'm all about it. Boom and bust guys scare me. Having more than 1 in your starting lineup can make things very interesting from week to week. But he can also single handedly win you several weeks. I reached for him in the 2nd last year, so I'm not really sure where I'm going with this. But at the turn I don't think I'll land him this year because he'll go before my late 3rd. 

Newton - Can't stand him. Never could. But credit where credit is due he has been a pretty solid fantasy QB. This year the regression continues. Panthers are slowly sliding into the island of zero ####s given. I see even more touches for CMC and outside of Moore I'm not excited by any guys catching the ball. What's Olsen doing?

Thielen - Call it a hunch. I've got nothing to back it up. I have him crossed off this year. 

Mike Evans - TB is a dumpster fire. Man I really thought they were going to start being a lock for the playoffs year in and year out but the past two years it just hasn't come together for whatever reason. The talent is there - and as much as people can hate on Winston, he is a capable QB that should be able to run up and down the field with Evans and Godwin. And their running game - don't even know where to start with that black hole. They'll struggle to put up points this year but the fact that their defense is so atrocious will still force them to throw enough to get him some TDs. 

Amari Cooper - I've never understood the love for the guy. The best Cooper I've seen was in college. And he was really. f'n. good. Hands like sticky paste. It seems he did find a better situation with Dallas and should continue to produce better than he ever did in Oakland - but for whatever reason his value is always way higher than his production. 

Kareem Hunt - Doesn't really matter where he lands - I mean it does, obviously, but doesn't change my opinion that I will avoid him. Suit me up and I could run in KC. They are simply built for running back production regardless of who it is. D. Williams, what? So I'm not convinced he will thrive elsewhere. I would have to see it first. 

Tyler Boyd - Bengals are a disaster. Is Dalton on a short leash this year? This is another one based more on value. I think he will come off the board sooner than I would like him. Should still be a solid producer, but not at WR1b/2a value. 

There are more but I'm out of time. May add later. 

Guess I'm buying Michel with all the sellers out there.  Dude is easily their most talented back since Corey Dillon and NE offense is still going to be dynamic next year.  I don't get the sellers on that one at all.
James White scored more points last year in PPR then Corey Dillon ever did in a season with NE. Now White played an extra game so I'd tend to view it as really about a draw. Corey had to run 1600 yards and 12 TD's to do that what James White just did. In the last 4 seasons we've had one RB run for 1,600 yards, Elliot in his rookie season and Dallas is only team in the NFL that has had a 1,600 yard rusher in last 5 years(Murray and Elliot).

In today's NFL if I'm paying a premium for a RB he needs to be involved in the passing game.  I don't want to rely on my RB needing to run for 1600 yards and double digit TD's just to crack back end of top 10 RB's.

That, Michel's knee and people caught up in the moment are reasons I'm not just a Michel seller, I'm someone who already sold.

Anyone concerned about his injury and him being able to return to form?  I keep reading he might not be the same. 
What are you reading?

Maybe I'm unaware of the injury being that serious.

There is always a risk of this happening I think with a bad inuury.

Anyone concerned about his injury and him being able to return to form?  I keep reading he might not be the same. 
Yes.  I wouldn't be investing in him for the price that he seems to be going for.  Too risky for me.  In fact I would be selling him if I had him and could get the overpayment on expecting him to be 100%. 

Yes.  I wouldn't be investing in him for the price that he seems to be going for.  Too risky for me.  In fact I would be selling him if I had him and could get the overpayment on expecting him to be 100%. 
I'm slightly concerned about the injury, and very concerned about the smoldering dumpster fire that is likely to be the Washington offense next year.  Guice is probably a sell high right now.  If you like him buy back next offseason? 

I'm slightly concerned about the injury, and very concerned about the smoldering dumpster fire that is likely to be the Washington offense next year.  Guice is probably a sell high right now.  If you like him buy back next offseason? 
Was going to post something similar earlier.

I'm not that concerned about the knee but you got a likely retread or rookie QB, currently no threats on offense that would scare the opposing D's and not make them load the box,  Thompson and possibly AP getting  in the way and possible loss of Bill Callahan. 

Other than Callahan the rest of this stuff should improve in 2020. If it was me I'd not be looking to sale him, but I would hold off on buying,  take my chances on him not starting fast next year then pounce.

Buy: 

Kamara - I know some people are down on him because they came to expect 50 points every single game. But for those of us who are actually realistic, he is going to continue producing at a high level and I see no reason for any regression in stats. Going to keep riding the train as long as Brees and Payton are driving the ship. 

CMC - Thought he would finish top 3 last year and was scoffed at. Well, well, well. But then I went ahead and traded him for OBJ because I was loaded at RB. 😞 Drafting at the end of round 1 again next year and if he is still there I will take him. Newton could potentially regress but I don't see that hurting CMC at all. It may actually help him if he stops thinking he needs to run the ball in every time the Panthers are inside the 10 yard line. Kid is an absolute stud. Probably the safest bet on the board. 

Adams - He has been slowly creeping up draft boards the last couple of years. He may finally have reached his actual value. I had him his pseudo-breakout year and while the stats were pretty good, he dropped the ball...a LOT. He seems to have solved the dropsies and just like Kamara - as long as Rodgers is at the helm Adams is going to eat. 

Juju - I can't decide if AB leaving is a good or bad thing. But regardless of what he does, Juju has cemented his place as one of the best receivers in the league. I see possible regression from Ben this year, that would be my only concern. 

Barkley - Nothing needs to be said here. He will be chosen in the top 3 and will finish top 3. Side by side with CMC as safest pick of the draft. 
How are any of these guys "buys?" Other than MAYBE JuJu, I'd be shocked if any of these guys were available this off season. 

Who in their right mind would be looking to buy the likes of Fitz and DT?
I'll assume this is directed to me, since they were both on my list. I think they are good buys, because nobody wants them, but they can still be spot starts or useful depth. Possibly more in Fitz' case. Considering you could probably get Fitz for a 3rd round rookie pick right now, why is he not a buy? Thomas is probably free as a throw in on any deal at the moment. Maybe even a 4th round rookie pick. 3rd and 4th round rookie picks are basically useless guys. In my dynasty draft last year this is what rounds 3-4 looked like:

3.1-Antonio Callaway

3.2-ESB

3.3.-Jordan Wilkins

3.4-Mason Rudolph

3.5-Mark Andrews

3.6-John Kelly

3.7-Keke Coutee

3.8-J'Mon Moore

3.9-DaeSean Hamilton

3.10-Mark Walton

3.11-Chase Edmunds

3.12-Bo Scarborough

How many if those guys would you really rather own than Fitz? Maybe 1-2 ? Probably 0 if you were a contender. For further comparison, this was round 4, which is about what I believe Thomas is valued at:

4.1-Jaylen Samuels

4.2-Justin Jackson

4.3-Ian Thomas

4.4-Kyle Lauletta

4.5-Jordan Akins

4.6-Josh Adams

4.7-Dalton Schultz

4.8-Auden Tate

4.9-Daurice Fountain

4.10-Jordan Lasley

4.11-Trey Quinn

4.12-Boston Scott

I'd probably take Samuels over Thomas, but that is likely it.

How are any of these guys "buys?" Other than MAYBE JuJu, I'd be shocked if any of these guys were available this off season. 
Confused myself. Long overnight shift plus subsequent alcohol and I thought this was a redraft thread. Don’t mind me. 

travdogg said:
I'll assume this is directed to me, since they were both on my list. I think they are good buys, because nobody wants them, but they can still be spot starts or useful depth. Possibly more in Fitz' case. Considering you could probably get Fitz for a 3rd round rookie pick right now, why is he not a buy? Thomas is probably free as a throw in on any deal at the moment. Maybe even a 4th round rookie pick. 3rd and 4th round rookie picks are basically useless guys. In my dynasty draft last year this is what rounds 3-4 looked like:

3.1-Antonio Callaway

3.2-ESB

3.3.-Jordan Wilkins

3.4-Mason Rudolph

3.5-Mark Andrews

3.6-John Kelly

3.7-Keke Coutee

3.8-J'Mon Moore

3.9-DaeSean Hamilton

3.10-Mark Walton

3.11-Chase Edmunds

3.12-Bo Scarborough

How many if those guys would you really rather own than Fitz? Maybe 1-2 ? Probably 0 if you were a contender. For further comparison, this was round 4, which is about what I believe Thomas is valued at:

4.1-Jaylen Samuels

4.2-Justin Jackson

4.3-Ian Thomas

4.4-Kyle Lauletta

4.5-Jordan Akins

4.6-Josh Adams

4.7-Dalton Schultz

4.8-Auden Tate

4.9-Daurice Fountain

4.10-Jordan Lasley

4.11-Trey Quinn

4.12-Boston Scott

I have to agree.  Older proven vets can come very cheaply and while they probably won’t be a WR1, they can sure round out a very strong WR corps with regular solid production.  Then you watch the WW to acquire young depth as it ascends.  That’s a pretty sound strategy.

menobrown said:
James White scored more points last year in PPR then Corey Dillon ever did in a season with NE. Now White played an extra game so I'd tend to view it as really about a draw. Corey had to run 1600 yards and 12 TD's to do that what James White just did. In the last 4 seasons we've had one RB run for 1,600 yards, Elliot in his rookie season and Dallas is only team in the NFL that has had a 1,600 yard rusher in last 5 years(Murray and Elliot).

In today's NFL if I'm paying a premium for a RB he needs to be involved in the passing game.  I don't want to rely on my RB needing to run for 1600 yards and double digit TD's just to crack back end of top 10 RB's.

That, Michel's knee and people caught up in the moment are reasons I'm not just a Michel seller, I'm someone who already sold.
Curious what you got for him?.  You saw what a healthy Michel can do in this offense and Belichek isn't going away from the run game anytime soon.  Certain matchups he will but Michel looks darn good and it's not like he can't catch a pass.  Plus not all of us play PPR. 

Elevencents said:
Mike Evans - TB is a dumpster fire. Man I really thought they were going to start being a lock for the playoffs year in and year out but the past two years it just hasn't come together for whatever reason. The talent is there - and as much as people can hate on Winston, he is a capable QB that should be able to run up and down the field with Evans and Godwin. And their running game - don't even know where to start with that black hole. They'll struggle to put up points this year but the fact that their defense is so atrocious will still force them to throw enough to get him some TDs. 
TB brought in one of the best offensive minds in the game to coach the team.

travdogg said:

3.1-Antonio Callaway

3.2-ESB

3.3.-Jordan Wilkins

3.4-Mason Rudolph

3.5-Mark Andrews

3.6-John Kelly

3.7-Keke Coutee

3.8-J'Mon Moore

3.9-DaeSean Hamilton

3.10-Mark Walton

3.11-Chase Edmunds

3.12-Bo Scarborough

4.1-Jaylen Samuels

4.2-Justin Jackson

4.3-Ian Thomas

4.4-Kyle Lauletta

4.5-Jordan Akins

4.6-Josh Adams

4.7-Dalton Schultz

4.8-Auden Tate

4.9-Daurice Fountain

4.10-Jordan Lasley

4.11-Trey Quinn

4.12-Boston Scott

Calloway, Andrews, Coutee, Hamilton, Edmonds, Samuels, Jackson, Thomas, Dion Cain...

I'd take any of those guys over both Fitz and Thomas. 

We’ll see. I’ll let someone else take Evans based on what could happen. 
What could happen is 95% of fantasy football.

I guess I just have a hard time calling a team a "dumpster fire" when it's now operating under a whole new coaching staff headed by a guy that ran highly successful offenses in Pittsburgh, Indy and Arizona. If anyone can make the talent in TB work, I'd say Arians should.

What could happen is 95% of fantasy football.

I guess I just have a hard time calling a team a "dumpster fire" when it's now operating under a whole new coaching staff headed by a guy that ran highly successful offenses in Pittsburgh, Indy and Arizona. If anyone can make the talent in TB work, I'd say Arians should.
Arians doesn't even have to be an upgrade to not be a "dumpster fire" Evans has been a top-5 WR in 2 of the last 3 years, with different playcallers, and QB's. I feel like you could count the amount as safer WR's on 1 hand.

Users who are viewing this thread