What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Google Voice (1 Viewer)

Apple Jack

Footballguy
What a great application. Truly incredible. But, and however, there is no support for it and you cannot buy a version that guarantees X texts. We keep getting accounts suspended and there is no solution other than moving onto a new number. Is anybody familiar with a product that is similar? Text and the ablility to link multiple phones for call forwarding? From what I can tell they are the only game in town and they don't seem interested in offering this as a pay service. They want to be able to throttle and terminate based on volume at will. It's pretty frustrating.

Please tell me there is something else out there.

Are you using it for business? I'm pretty sure that is against their TOS.

ETA: Have you looked into bandwidth. Com?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ringcentral has an app that you can use on your phone similar to GV. Sprint also has a business mobile app that does the same even if your personal phone isn't a Sprint service customer.

I use gv for all our business texts and have the number forwarded to our business line.  Works great.  Probably send out 30 confirming appointment texts per day with it

Are you using it for business? I'm pretty sure that is against their TOS.

ETA: Have you looked into bandwidth. Com?
Yep, it's for business. Nobody else has text and call forwarding to multiple (six) phones, which we use for our after-hours/on-call staff. They are the only game in town for that as far as anybody can tell. But this is the second time they've suspended an account and we are over it. We have a work around but want vendors to see a consistent number. My solution at the moment is to get lines with a garden variety carrier with desktop app and keep one Google Voice account use to forward the after-hours calls. It's not ideal but I think it will get us to safety.

I really wish Google offered Voice as a pay service. But I guess the bandwidth issues would be too great. By making it free they can more or less control it at will.

Yep, it's for business. Nobody else has text and call forwarding to multiple (six) phones, which we use for our after-hours/on-call staff. They are the only game in town for that as far as anybody can tell. But this is the second time they've suspended an account and we are over it. We have a work around but want vendors to see a consistent number. My solution at the moment is to get lines with a garden variety carrier with desktop app and keep one Google Voice account use to forward the after-hours calls. It's not ideal but I think it will get us to safety.

I really wish Google offered Voice as a pay service. But I guess the bandwidth issues would be too great. By making it free they can more or less control it at will.
Have you looked into services like opsgenie, pagerduty, etc.?  Pretty sure they could do what you're looking for. 

Edit: My only experience with them is as an internal tool but I assume you could set up a number to give to external customers that would route calls to your on-call staff.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you looked into services like opsgenie, pagerduty, etc.?  Pretty sure they could do what you're looking for. 
Have you used either of them? They both appear to be way more than we would utilize. Our needs are pretty simple.

You can't reach a sales person at opsgenie by phone and the guy who answered the phone for pagerduty answered "hello?" and refused to give me the number of an account manager without me giving all our company info. Those things rub me the wrong way off the bat.

Grasshopper would work if you could save contacts on the desktop app, but you cannot.

I discovered that an existing AT&T plan we have does everything we need. So glad we pay our IT guy to tell us there is no product on the market that does what we need. :lmao:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. This place rocks.

Users who are viewing this thread