What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Terry McLaurin, WAS (4 Viewers)

Does anyone think NE is going to severely take him out of the game? I mean who else does Wash have? I'd sell out totally in shutting down F1 and bringing the house against Keenum. This is giving me serious pause this week.
Same. In one FFPC league I might bench him to start Chark, Sutton and Amari Cooper if he plays. That would be Cooper vs McLaurin in the flex. Other flex is Waller/Andrews. Can't see benching either of those TEs. Benching Sutton vs KC seems dumb. Minshew and Chark struggled last week so maybe I sit him but dang.

Does anyone think NE is going to severely take him out of the game? I mean who else does Wash have? I'd sell out totally in shutting down F1 and bringing the house against Keenum. This is giving me serious pause this week.
I think they'll hold him mostly in check but he'll manage a 3 catches for 51 yards statline with 22 yards coming on one catch. I'm also predicting a 33-7 win for the Pats.

Except they played the Patriots two weeks ago.  Niners this week. 

Am I missing something?  Dont they play SF this week?
Yes. One mention of NE and it snowballs apparently!

I'm all about my man Terry but I do think SF defense can shut down just about anyone at the moment. Nobody was hotter than Cooper Kupp going into week 6 and well 4 for 17 yards later has me considering other options. He's going to get SF's full attention.

He's only a flex for me (Julio/M.Thomas) so going to have to pivot elsewhere I think (Hyde/Hunter/Engram/Waller).

Read somewhere that SF plays zone and Terry will see a lot of the overachieving Mosely.  Hopefully he can use his glorious route running to find the soft spots.  That is also assuming Keenum has time to find him.

-fish- said:
Because the first is terrible and JuJu doesn’t have a legitimate QB this year?

DocHolliday said:
I wouldn't even consider accepting those deals.   The first is an overpayment for a great player.    The second is an overpayment for a horribly underperforming player.   Not sure how JuJu can be started in most leagues since he has no QB and the game plan is to run,run, dink/dunk.    
Where do you guys rank McLaurin in dynasty right now?  If he's any higher than WR18, you're out of your ####### minds.

Both of those trades should be accepted for the better player (and it isn't Terry).  The 2nd trade is something I would hurt myself trying to accept before it was revoked.  Juju is a vastly superior player and it looks to me like the two of you are both exhibiting severe symptoms of WhatHaveYouDoneForMeLately-itis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you guys rank McLaurin in dynasty right now?  If he's any higher than WR18, you're out of your ####### minds.

Both of those trades should be accepted for the better player (and it isn't Terry).  The 2nd trade is something I would hurt myself trying to accept before it was revoked.  Juju is a vastly superior player and it looks to me like the two of you are both exhibiting severe symptoms of WhatHaveYouDoneForMeLately-itis.
I'm not trading a potential rookie of the year, two seconds and a first for Hopkins.   I'm not even thinking twice before I reject that traderape.

Juju has no QB this season.  Maybe not next season.   He hasn't proven himself as a WR1 out of AB's shadow.   No thanks.   I don't understand the mentality of landing a rookie WR1 and then trading him for some magic beans.   

Read somewhere that SF plays zone and Terry will see a lot of the overachieving Mosely.  Hopefully he can use his glorious route running to find the soft spots.  That is also assuming Keenum has time to find him.
I doubt he will.   He might get pulled in the game too

Wow I would break my mouse accepting that Juju offer. 

Best I've seen is a 2020 first a few weeks ago.  I think I might put him OTB and see what comes in. 

I'm not trading a potential rookie of the year, two seconds and a first for Hopkins.   I'm not even thinking twice before I reject that traderape.

Juju has no QB this season.  Maybe not next season.   He hasn't proven himself as a WR1 out of AB's shadow.   No thanks.   I don't understand the mentality of landing a rookie WR1 and then trading him for some magic beans.   
Juju is over a year younger than McLaurin.  I'm guessing he would smash all other rookies in his age 24 season and easily win RoYif he were a rookie next year.. 

Juju is 22 still. 

Mclaurin is 24.

Im not sure how you use the doesn't have a QB argument, since Terry doesn't have a QB yet either. 

This.   The first offer is a huge overpayment.  Good grief.   Who can give up all those picks?   

JuJu is a great player but the Pburgh QBs are not throwing downfield and they don't need to.  Washington has no D and no run game.  They will throw.  This isn't about comparing player A to player B in a vacuum.  

I have him 16 or so with top 10 upside, he looks so poised and precise, hard worker, great character guy, there's nothing I don't like.

I might have to flex him over Kamara this week. 2-4. This is do or die. 10 team league with Kamara and Juju.....

ETA juju is on my bench for John Brown.

Bazinga! said:
Was just offered two trades for McLaurin in different leagues.

1st is Hopkins for McLaurin, 2020 2nd and 2021 1st and 2nd

I told a friend in another league about the offer and he offered JuJu for McLaurin straight up

Why am I having such a hard time accepting both deals???

Andy Dufresne said:
Because you should be. I wouldn't accept either, uh, either.

-fish- said:
Because the first is terrible and JuJu doesn’t have a legitimate QB this year?

DocHolliday said:
I wouldn't even consider accepting those deals.   The first is an overpayment for a great player.    

This.   The first offer is a huge overpayment.  Good grief.   Who can give up all those picks?   
I cannot believe how far Hopkins value has fallen in 6 weeks.  He was the #1 Dynasty WR and top 5 overall dynasty asset on most boards going into this  year and people wouldn't trade a rookie with no team stability and some picks for him.  That is just crazy to me. 

I have him 16 or so with top 10 upside, he looks so poised and precise, hard worker, great character guy, there's nothing I don't like.
Except he has only played 5 games and hasn't proven anything.  Sure he looks good and has great potential but there are many players that have looked great over 1/3 of a season and ended up being busts.  He is definitely on the rise but to have him at 16 seems crazy to me at this point.  He could get there but he seems a bit overhyped (especially when I see the overreaction to the trade offers in this thread). 

Terry McLaurin caught 1-of-2 targets for 11 yards in Week 7 against the 49ers.

It's the first real bad game from McLaurin, who had at least 50 yards or a touchdown in every game. There wasn't much he could do on a day Case Keenum attempted just 12 passes. The Redskins move to Bill Callahan's scheme has been a hit to McLaurin's targets, but this will likely go down as his worst game. McLaurin has a matchup with Xavier Rhodes and the Vikings in Week 8.

Oct 20, 2019, 4:14 PM ET

Last week's weather anomaly behind us, how we feeling about MF1 indoors tomorrow night vs. Xavier Rhodes?

- This is the revenge matchup for Keenum and I'm guessing the entire offense might be a bit salty after getting shut out last week.

- Vikings are the 24th ranked D so far in points allowed vs WR (in 0.5 PPR), which I thought was surprising.

He is in my flex, starting with reserved confidence.  Marvins 4 TDs last week is a reassuring, I think two of them were against Rhodes.  IMO, Terry is faster and better than Marvin at this point in Marvins career.

Last week's weather anomaly behind us, how we feeling about MF1 indoors tomorrow night vs. Xavier Rhodes?

- This is the revenge matchup for Keenum and I'm guessing the entire offense might be a bit salty after getting shut out last week.

- Vikings are the 24th ranked D so far in points allowed vs WR (in 0.5 PPR), which I thought was surprising.
Xavier Rhodes was torched last week against the Lions so I guess we'll see how he responds.

The Vikings have allowed the 3rd fewest yards passing in the league so far.

Rhodes certainly struggled last week as did their coverage overall. Marvin Jones beat Trey Waynes and Mike Hughes for TD as well as the two vs Rhodes.

McCaurin is a fast player and the Vikings tend to try to match Trey Waynes on faster WR while Rhodes they want to use on larger WRs. The Redskins will pick their match ups and teams have started to attack Rhodes more recently than they used to. Rhodes hasn't been playing very well.

Its not a good match up despite the below average stats vs WR you found. 

The Vikings do tend to let up later in games and play a lot of zone if they have enough of a lead. A lot of the yards they have given up this year has been under this type of circumstance and that may be the case again in the game tomorrow, where Washington is able to find space underneath later on in the game when Zimmer doesn't mind the other team running out the clock for them.

Marvin Jones had a huge game but the best receiver Golladay was shut down last week. My concern is that unlike other teams that have had success passing on the Vikings the Redskins lack talent at the WR2 spot, offensive line, and QB. I could see the Vikings double teaming Terry and taking him out of the game. I also think the secondary of the Vikings is coming into this game pretty angry over what happened last week. 

I think Terry is a flex at best this week with a low floor but with some boom potential. I just fear that Keenum won't have the time to hit Terry deep.

Marvin Jones had a huge game but the best receiver Golladay was shut down last week. My concern is that unlike other teams that have had success passing on the Vikings the Redskins lack talent at the WR2 spot, offensive line, and QB. I could see the Vikings double teaming Terry and taking him out of the game. I also think the secondary of the Vikings is coming into this game pretty angry over what happened last week. 

I think Terry is a flex at best this week with a low floor but with some boom potential. I just fear that Keenum won't have the time to hit Terry deep.
Solid analysis and why I'm sitting Terry.   

Tough decision for tonight it seems for us McLauren owners.  I am worried about MIN secondary shutting him down.  WAS just sucks. 

I've got to decide @ Flex between him, Jamison Crowder and Philip Lindsay in a PPR.

I know this is not the forum for this but would certainly appreciate any feedback from many of you who are smarter than me.  

For context, starting Jones/Mack @ RB and Hopkins/Evans @ WR.

Thanks.

This is a great point.  I was worried about starting him but I was also worried about missing out on another Jones performance.  Washington doesn't have someone else to take some of the heat like Jones did.  

This helped make up my mind.  I am sitting him for Stills.

Tough call for some of you it seems. In his 4 non-monsoon games with Keenum he’s gone 25.5, 17.2, 19.0, and 27.0. That includes matchups against Fuller of the Bears and Jones of the Cowboys. I wouldn’t consider Minny any more challenging than those games although they were at home. Against NE he went 3/51. That was against a better defense and with Colt McCoy at Qb. I feel decent enough that he can put up a 4/60 tonight with a ceiling of much more. Also I have no choice but to start him so maybe that’s some forced optimism. 

While this is good analysis, it's important to remember that last week's game was pretty much up for grabs till almost the very end.  If the Vikings get up on the Redskins tonight quickly, which is a very real possibility, McLaurin could rack up some nice garbage stats.  

It probably won't happen, but it would be great to see AD rush for 150/2 vs. the Vikings. It's TNF so we can expect a hot mess of a game either way, with boneheaded coaching decisions and play calling on both sides. 

Ugh this being Thursday game sucks.  Was all set to sot Terry for Chark And K Allen.  And now Allen doesn’t practice today and has a hamstring issue.

I think Id rather play Terry than have Ridley as my option if Allen cant go (with Adams still out)

Users who are viewing this thread