What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty orphans (1 Viewer)

Mark Football

Footballguy
For those of you who run multiple dynasty leagues I have a question. What happens when no one wants to pick up a horrible orphan in one of your leagues? It seems in our league players are bailing every year and I worry sometimes that the commissioner of our league runs multiple teams because no one wanted to pick up a bad team. Does this happen?

For those of you who run multiple dynasty leagues I have a question. What happens when no one wants to pick up a horrible orphan in one of your leagues? It seems in our league players are bailing every year and I worry sometimes that the commissioner of our league runs multiple teams because no one wanted to pick up a bad team. Does this happen?
If a team is really bad sometimes the only way to get a new owner is give them the first (or perhaps even first two) season(s) free of charge so that they can build the roster back up. The prize pool will be a little smaller for the winner that year, but the league survives at least,

If a team is really bad sometimes the only way to get a new owner is give them the first (or perhaps even first two) season(s) free of charge so that they can build the roster back up. The prize pool will be a little smaller for the winner that year, but the league survives at least,
I believe the better option to free is to offer extra picks at the end of each round.  Sometimes the team is so bad you have to do both.  However, if you're going to offer a year free it must come with paying for next year in advance.  You don't want new owners to stay one year and bail.

If there is more than one team vacant, a dispersal draft is the way to go.  Gives the new owners a fresh start and the ability to craft the team to their liking.

These are all good ideas and it probably depends on how tough it is to find an owner. I think if you can offer a free or discount on fees you can usually find someone to take on a project. Adding some more draft picks can also quicken the rebuild. If a team is really bad you may be forced to offer up a few free or discounted seasons or you will probably continually turn that team over to the next person willing to take on a project for free.

I guess we have been lucky in the league I commish.  We have a waiting list for people that want in and have had essentially the same 12 owners since we went to 12 teams.  We started with 8 teams, went to 10 in year two, and then expanded to 12 after about 4 years.  The league has been in existence for almost 15 years.

Vetting the potential new owners is essential to make sure they are in it for the long haul. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the better option to free is to offer extra picks at the end of each round.  Sometimes the team is so bad you have to do both.  However, if you're going to offer a year free it must come with paying for next year in advance.  You don't want new owners to stay one year and bail.
That has not sat well with me, as the free picks always seem to take a player I have targeted.

I like this year free, pay next year in advance in full. I was in one league that the orphan was so dreadful that it was about three years away from being competitive, so the new owner, got 100% of current year free and 50% of the following year (and that was the only way we could get someone to take that turkey).

Yeah I dont really like the idea of rewarding a team extra picks for being bad.

If there is s dispersal draft you could force existing teams to cut their rosters a bit deeper than usual before that so the new team can add more longshot depth players though. I recall doing this before.

That's if the league is deep though. For example all teams keeping 30 players instead of 40.

Those of you who have been able to keep most owners for long periods of time are lucky. All my dynasty leagues either became terribly out of balance from a competitive side or lost too many teams and folded. For the first time in a long time I have no current dynasty teams and may decide to not play fantasy football next season. I took a year off before and it was refreshing. I really think that after 30+ years of playing the game my interest may be fading to the point that I'm not sure I will ever play again.

That has not sat well with me, as the free picks always seem to take a player I have targeted.

I like this year free, pay next year in advance in full. I was in one league that the orphan was so dreadful that it was about three years away from being competitive, so the new owner, got 100% of current year free and 50% of the following year (and that was the only way we could get someone to take that turkey).
It depends on how bad the team is.  Sometimes it's nearly impossible to find a new owner for a crap team.  One solution could be to propose to the league any team wishing to throw their team into a dispersal draft with the orphan team can do so.  Sometimes there could be 3 or 4 teams that wish to do this.  That might make it easier to find an owner for the crap team.

If there is s dispersal draft you could force existing teams to cut their rosters a bit deeper than usual before that so the new team can add more longshot depth players though. I recall doing this before.

That's if the league is deep though. For example all teams keeping 30 players instead of 40.
Still a better alternative than folding the league.

Welcome to my world

It depends on how bad the team is.  Sometimes it's nearly impossible to find a new owner for a crap team.  One solution could be to propose to the league any team wishing to throw their team into a dispersal draft with the orphan team can do so.  Sometimes there could be 3 or 4 teams that wish to do this.  That might make it easier to find an owner for the crap team.
Well, usually if you offer enough incentives (and they pay money up front for a future year or two) you can probably find someone, I have known of some owners who love the challenge of taking over horrible orphan teams and rebuilding (which I don't really get, but to each his own).

Dispersals are a nice way to go, about 1/2 of my leagues handle it that way with current owner given the option of throwing their players in the pool and starting over.

I would fold a dynasty league if I can't get full ownership.  Unless I present to the league that no-one owns that team, but openly run it for a season until ownership can be found.  No trading to that team either.  Of course the commish would probably try to improve the open team by adding waiver wire pickups and draft players if no owner is found by the time of the league draft, with the approval of the majority of the owners.  Commish would have to make sure his own waiver pick ups don't conflict with the open team.  Commish would have to not put in waiver requests for the same players.

Well, usually if you offer enough incentives (and they pay money up front for a future year or two) you can probably find someone, I have known of some owners who love the challenge of taking over horrible orphan teams and rebuilding (which I don't really get, but to each his own).

Dispersals are a nice way to go, about 1/2 of my leagues handle it that way with current owner given the option of throwing their players in the pool and starting over.
Generally dynasty owners are more motivated by picks than they are by money, especially cheap fee leagues. 

The OP situation is different than rewarding a bad team with extra picks.  This is a team that the new owner had nothing to do with so didn't put them in this bad situation.  The only way to get someone in is to give them a lifeline to get better sooner rather than later.  A few extra picks are no big deal.

Also, without a competitive balance leagues get stale and owners quit because of badness.  Sure you want to win but you also want it to be competitive or it really isn't any fun either.

I suggested in my league to have a roll of a 20 sided dice starting every 5 years.  Pick a random number and if that number comes up the league starts fresh.  If not continue on.  Once a refresh happens the league plays out for 5 years (or 10 or ?)  before starting the dice roll again.  I though it would be interesting and also allow for the fun of a startup draft and building a team from scratch again.  A few people liked the idea and a few really hated it and threatened to quit if we voted it in. 

I suggested in my league to have a roll of a 20 sided dice starting every 5 years.  Pick a random number and if that number comes up the league starts fresh.  If not continue on.  Once a refresh happens the league plays out for 5 years (or 10 or ?)  before starting the dice roll again.  I though it would be interesting and also allow for the fun of a startup draft and building a team from scratch again.  A few people liked the idea and a few really hated it and threatened to quit if we voted it in. 
I don't like that idea at all.  The dynasty concept is lost at that point.  I would rather fold the league and take with me the best owners, advertise for the rest, and start a new dynasty league.  Hopefully with better owners.

I don't like that idea at all.  The dynasty concept is lost at that point.  I would rather fold the league and take with me the best owners, advertise for the rest, and start a new dynasty league.  Hopefully with better owners.
The idea wasn't due to bad owners or needing to find a new owner.  It was just an off the cuff idea of being able to randomly start over after a period of time.  A time that nobody new whether it would happen or not.  You could make the duration between possible restarts be whatever length you want.  If you think 5 yrs is too short then make it 8 or 10.  Then you have a 5% chance of a restart. 

It was just something to shake up the league.  I enjoyed the process of building a team and missed that after having the league for 15 years.  Obviously there were quite a few owners that didn't like the idea either so it didn't pass. 

Me either, it would be my luck that when I finally got a championship caliber team together, the refresh button would be hit (and all my work would be for nothing).

Another question. What is the draw for commissioners to run multiple leagues? Just to be involved and control more leagues?

The OP situation is different than rewarding a bad team with extra picks.  This is a team that the new owner had nothing to do with so didn't put them in this bad situation.  The only way to get someone in is to give them a lifeline to get better sooner rather than later.  A few extra picks are no big deal.

Also, without a competitive balance leagues get stale and owners quit because of badness.  Sure you want to win but you also want it to be competitive or it really isn't any fun either.

While it is true that the new owner of the abandoned team didn't gut that teams roster with poor management, the prior owner did, or it wouldnt have been abandoned in such a state.

It's unfair to the other owners who may have sacrificed a year or more themselves rebuilding with no extra picks to help them.

Not saying it's a terrible idea if the goal is to make all teams competitive. I mostly dont like it on principle.

Another question. What is the draw for commissioners to run multiple leagues? Just to be involved and control more leagues?
For me it is because there are a lot of people that will rule based on how it affects them directly rather than what is in the best interest in the league as a whole.  I want a commish that is transparent and looks at things from a whole league standpoint for now and into the future. 

I have been in leagues where commish's change rules based on how things affect their team.   I quickly got out of something like that. 

While it is true that the new owner of the abandoned team didn't gut that teams roster with poor management, the prior owner did, or it wouldnt have been abandoned in such a state.

It's unfair to the other owners who may have sacrificed a year or more themselves rebuilding with no extra picks to help them.

Not saying it's a terrible idea if the goal is to make all teams competitive. I mostly dont like it on principle.
I don't think it is unfair to other owners.  It's a few picks to a team that is obviously well behind everyone else.  It's fantasy football.  It's throwing a lifeline to a new owner to help get them competitive so they aren't drowning from the get go. 

I totally agree this should not be the case for an owner that just made mistakes and is not suffering the consequences for those mistakes.  But for someone taking over an orphan I think it is a fair compromise to be competitive. 

Mark Football said:
I commish 2 leagues and I would gladly give 1 up. I think a lot of times it's a trust issue. I started a league with guys that know and trust me, next thing you know they ask you to start another. That's how I got duped. They have a commish they can trust and I get nothing out of it.  I can't see wanting to be a commish of more leagues. The ones I'm in won't fold.

Dynasty orphans are the saddest orphans. Nobody likes a riches to rags story, especially one involving children.  

eta* God, this was a terrible joke. Hwarf.  

Mark Football said:
You get to do all the work.  You get to pay money out of your own pocket for the owners that don't pay and then you have the fun task of finding new owners in dynasty for garbage teams that people ran into the ground meanwhile you get all the pleasure of having owners b!tch at you for 1 thing or another especially when you are trying to make the league better.

What's not to like ?

I commish 2 leagues and I would gladly give 1 up. I think a lot of times it's a trust issue. I started a league with guys that know and trust me, next thing you know they ask you to start another. That's how I got duped. They have a commish they can trust and I get nothing out of it.  I can't see wanting to be a commish of more leagues. The ones I'm in won't fold.
Yeah I think having an honest commissioner is key. I guess that's why I'd want to be commissioner of my leagues. I was in a league where the commissioner ran a whole website with multiple leagues. He had multiple teams in every league. I  caught him cheating twice. I'm pretty sure it was a scam to make money. Im leary to this day about any commissioners that have multiple leagues.

Mark Football said:
Like someone said and my league may do this but we have two teams vacant if we can't find owners we will disband both teams to keep the league even and those players will be put in the player pool for a draft. We also have limited keepers and given more talent and lesser teams we may even with the bigger talent pool add another keeper or two for each team. 

Dr. Octopus said:
That's what they should do but a lot of Commissioners won't agree to it. I offered a buddy who's friend was a commissioner to take on a bad team but only if I got the first year free because this team was so bad I'd have to build from the ground up. The Comish was so greedy he then said new members had to pay to own the team and then pay a separate entrance free. Like WTF dude I'm offering to help you out. I told them to shove it and after some stories about the league glad I didn't play in it

That's what they should do but a lot of Commissioners won't agree to it. I offered a buddy who's friend was a commissioner to take on a bad team but only if I got the first year free because this team was so bad I'd have to build from the ground up. The Comish was so greedy he then said new members had to pay to own the team and then pay a separate entrance free. Like WTF dude I'm offering to help you out. I told them to shove it and after some stories about the league glad I didn't play in it
I have a home league  (keep up to 3, they count as rd 1/2/3 tho) that’s been around for like 25+years. I’ve been in about the last 5, plus a couple years before that where I drafted a guys team because he was in a nursing home. When he passed I took over the team. There is no website, everything is kept by the commish by hand and he makes a copy for each team every week. We all toss in $5-$10 and get him a gift certificate every year to someplace he and his wife likes. 

This is the only time I find it acceptable to have an extra “fee” that goes to the commish.

Curious if the commish of that league ever explained where that “entrance fee” goes. Does it cover part of year 2? Or just gives the commish a discount on his fee for the year? Pretty bold move- “take over this crap team, pay in full, and also pay extra just for joining.” Put thst in the looking for leagues thread and see how it goes, smh.

In my dynasty league we have a separate fee but it goes to a reserve so that if you leave the team in disrepair you lose that money and it offsets the fees the new owner has to pay.  Essentially it is a full year entrance fee to help make sure you don't run a team into the ground and then leave.  It has nothing to do with a Commish being greedy.  For dynasty leagues where draft picks are traded for future seasons it is a way to ensure that teams are committed beyond the current year. 

Yeah I think having an honest commissioner is key. I guess that's why I'd want to be commissioner of my leagues. I was in a league where the commissioner ran a whole website with multiple leagues. He had multiple teams in every league. I  caught him cheating twice. I'm pretty sure it was a scam to make money. Im leary to this day about any commissioners that have multiple leagues.
What was he doing to cheat? Just wondering what kinds of things they try to sneak by the other owners.... 

He was switching out players during games to make sure he won.
WOW, that is horrible.  It's hard to believe there are people out there that would do that.  Many years ago I was in a league $200 (Presidential Suite League, or something like that) and the commish took off with everyone's money.  He owed me $700 for my winnings.  His name is AQUIL SALAHUDEEN.

I know we now have LeagueSafe to use.  I've been a commish for over 15 years and don't use it for the leagues I commish, but I value others' opinions of me as a commish.

As for the cheating by a commish, how in the world does one find enjoyment in competition by doing that.  I would definitely quit a league like that and try and take the other owners with me and start another league without the cheat.

I have a home league  (keep up to 3, they count as rd 1/2/3 tho) that’s been around for like 25+years. I’ve been in about the last 5, plus a couple years before that where I drafted a guys team because he was in a nursing home. When he passed I took over the team. There is no website, everything is kept by the commish by hand and he makes a copy for each team every week. We all toss in $5-$10 and get him a gift certificate every year to someplace he and his wife likes. 

This is the only time I find it acceptable to have an extra “fee” that goes to the commish.

Curious if the commish of that league ever explained where that “entrance fee” goes. Does it cover part of year 2? Or just gives the commish a discount on his fee for the year? Pretty bold move- “take over this crap team, pay in full, and also pay extra just for joining.” Put thst in the looking for leagues thread and see how it goes, smh.
This is a Commish I talked about already. He is way out of his league when it comes to a Dynasty league and still don't think they even have discussed running the league yet. He never said what it was for fee wise but I'm betting it was for what you said. He is a former co worker of my buddy and was always asking for money for his lunch (Spent most of his on child support as he and GF separated, booze and gambling so he owes my buddy huge money over time too) and I even gave him money to save our spot at the draft when I bought him beer. Still owes me. This year I asked to pay $25 of the 50 since it'd pay me back and he refused. Now I just want my dam 25 back and be done with #####. 

WOW, that is horrible.  It's hard to believe there are people out there that would do that.  Many years ago I was in a league $200 (Presidential Suite League, or something like that) and the commish took off with everyone's money.  He owed me $700 for my winnings.  His name is AQUIL SALAHUDEEN.

I know we now have LeagueSafe to use.  I've been a commish for over 15 years and don't use it for the leagues I commish, but I value others' opinions of me as a commish.

As for the cheating by a commish, how in the world does one find enjoyment in competition by doing that.  I would definitely quit a league like that and try and take the other owners with me and start another league without the cheat.
Commish probably has a gambling problem or just plan greedy thinking he can pull a fast one. I work retail at ACME and my Front End Manager who does schedules, gives overrides and pick ups from Registers and count registers was shaving money off pick ups for over a year. Tills would be short $50-100 some times more and we the cashiers getting blamed for short tills. Lost Prevention had come in to look for something else and caught him doing it. He was let go. Dude use to gamble a lot and had a wife who was a nurse and 2 daughters. Dude use to come in with an attitude constantly. Either way it just shows the lengths our two examples of what people will do for money especially big money 

In my dynasty league we have a separate fee but it goes to a reserve so that if you leave the team in disrepair you lose that money and it offsets the fees the new owner has to pay.  Essentially it is a full year entrance fee to help make sure you don't run a team into the ground and then leave.  It has nothing to do with a Commish being greedy.  For dynasty leagues where draft picks are traded for future seasons it is a way to ensure that teams are committed beyond the current year. 
It was more of I had a gut feeling that was not what it was for and possible pocketing money. I asked a few others in the league what the other fee was for and they told me they never heard or voted on such a fee so I knew right then and there something was very fishy. 

DJackson10 said:
This is a Commish I talked about already. He is way out of his league when it comes to a Dynasty league and still don't think they even have discussed running the league yet. He never said what it was for fee wise but I'm betting it was for what you said. He is a former co worker of my buddy and was always asking for money for his lunch (Spent most of his on child support as he and GF separated, booze and gambling so he owes my buddy huge money over time too) and I even gave him money to save our spot at the draft when I bought him beer. Still owes me. This year I asked to pay $25 of the 50 since it'd pay me back and he refused. Now I just want my dam 25 back and be done with #####. 
Hard to believe someone can't come up with $25 or refused to.  That is chump change

DJackson10 said:
Commish probably has a gambling problem or just plan greedy thinking he can pull a fast one. I work retail at ACME and my Front End Manager who does schedules, gives overrides and pick ups from Registers and count registers was shaving money off pick ups for over a year. Tills would be short $50-100 some times more and we the cashiers getting blamed for short tills. Lost Prevention had come in to look for something else and caught him doing it. He was let go. Dude use to gamble a lot and had a wife who was a nurse and 2 daughters. Dude use to come in with an attitude constantly. Either way it just shows the lengths our two examples of what people will do for money especially big money 
Yeah I'm sure it's about getting money for something. The guy is running the UFFL website his name is Dave Torreano. He wins almost every league on there by cheating. I feel sorry for the other people that put money in that thing. I did the best I could to warn them but at some point I just had to walk away.

I’ve taken on some orphans off the looking for leagues page. I don’t need leaguesafe, but I also have picked up teams offered by posters with thousands of posts. I won’t go anywhere near the “16 team $100 start up” posted by someone who has 6 posts though. 

Not quite the same, but I have a redraft league that is local, some guys I play softball with and some of our wives. Every year the commish changes some rules without a league vote or without posting the changes. You’ll see “manager has changed settings” message and I go look at the scoring rules. This year he changed to point per completion, last year it was going from standard to ppr. I don’t think he’s trying to cheat, I just think he likes to try different things and is inexperienced in fantasy etiquette.

Hard to believe someone can't come up with $25 or refused to.  That is chump change
Lets put it this way he's paying child support to his ex, he had a fairly ####ty job working for an outlet Cellular company called Go Wireless (No affiliated with Verizon other then the name), now works for another Cellar company where they basically sell used phones for more then they should be and when he worked with my Friend which I would say was 4-5 days out of the 5-6 they work and asking him for money for lunch it's easy not to come up with money. He owes my buddy depending on where they went out to lunch constantly maybe $2500 for lunch alone and that doesn't even include all the times they hung out and he "borrowed" $$ from my friend. My friend is too gun shy to even get any of the money back as he's just too nice and people take advantage of him. Maybe of the reasons he doesn't have many actual friends he hangs out with besides myself and some people from work. Rarely does he ever talk about anyone from HS and he lost his one Best friend from his class after a fight they had after the other guys mother died a few months before and cut my friend cold turkey. 

Only reason this dude my buddy hangs out with has any money is from his high stakes fantasy leagues (3 of them) where he plays with a bunch of people from work and such that really don't know a lot about fantasy football and takes advantage of them so he's either winning or getting a top 3 yearly. One of the other reasons I was against joining the league was this is the league he and my buddy took advantage of a few poor bastards who didn't know any better and made trades with guys that would never be acceptable in most leagues as it'd have effected competitive balance in a big way. It was your typical 3 for 2 or 2 for 1 trade offers where the other guy has to drop a player sucker trade and some of the FA's these two picked up constantly in weeks 8,9,10,11 would've been picked 4-5 weeks earlier and in starting line ups in other leagues. It's just a lot of BS. I wouldn't mind playing dynasty with my buddy but if thats how both are gonna play people I'd rather not be a part of such a league. 

But yeah when he refused to pay half my buy in I basically said F it I'm not doing the league with them. To not get between my buddy and his friend I just told my buddy some BS reason I couldn't be in the league like my league might be turning into a dynasty either next year or so and I'm taking on commissioner duties of another league I'm in and just don't have the time to put in necessary for their league for the amount of $$ it is. My buddy never second guessed me on it either. 

Yeah I'm sure it's about getting money for something. The guy is running the UFFL website his name is Dave Torreano. He wins almost every league on there by cheating. I feel sorry for the other people that put money in that thing. I did the best I could to warn them but at some point I just had to walk away.
Anyway you can get legal involved? I would've put in legal action if the $$$ owed was a lot and if you have hard evidence of proof you never received your winnings or $$ back like promised you have a good case 

I’ve taken on some orphans off the looking for leagues page. I don’t need leaguesafe, but I also have picked up teams offered by posters with thousands of posts. I won’t go anywhere near the “16 team $100 start up” posted by someone who has 6 posts though. 

Not quite the same, but I have a redraft league that is local, some guys I play softball with and some of our wives. Every year the commish changes some rules without a league vote or without posting the changes. You’ll see “manager has changed settings” message and I go look at the scoring rules. This year he changed to point per completion, last year it was going from standard to ppr. I don’t think he’s trying to cheat, I just think he likes to try different things and is inexperienced in fantasy etiquette.
We vote on almost everything for the league and even had a vote on if we should allow two former owners back if needed do to having two orphan teams right now. My league was from the old MLB.com forums on the Phillies team board. We have another redraft league we've done since 07-08 and with in the last 5 yrs I wanted to do a keeper league. I don't have a lot of commissioner experience so I asked several others in the main redraft league plus our fantasy Baseball keeper league for help. We voted even on who would be commissioner. The original stepped down and our new one is the current commissioner of one of our baseball leagues. Awesome guy always asking for suggestions. We vote on all new league rules or changes before anything else with the league is open.

We all suggested if we can't find two owners to go to a 10 league set up. I suggested in an email to him given we only keep 4 players and if we go to a 10 team league with basically 2 full teams of players now available adding another keeper or two or adding another roster spot or two if we go that way. We'll put everything to a vote though. We've also voted on stat changes like after the XP was moved longer and more XP's were missed we put to a vote of possible taking a point off for Kickers who miss XP. it was voted in. A few of us suggested Return yards as it would add more of value to certain players or a team can pick up a guy if in a jam who could maybe get them a few points. We try to switch some things up every few yrs and put new suggestions during the season to vote. Also if a vote from our offseason was close we may put it up again before the next year for a vote. 

We vote on almost everything for the league and even had a vote on if we should allow two former owners back if needed do to having two orphan teams right now. My league was from the old MLB.com forums on the Phillies team board. We have another redraft league we've done since 07-08 and with in the last 5 yrs I wanted to do a keeper league. I don't have a lot of commissioner experience so I asked several others in the main redraft league plus our fantasy Baseball keeper league for help. We voted even on who would be commissioner. The original stepped down and our new one is the current commissioner of one of our baseball leagues. Awesome guy always asking for suggestions. We vote on all new league rules or changes before anything else with the league is open.

We all suggested if we can't find two owners to go to a 10 league set up. I suggested in an email to him given we only keep 4 players and if we go to a 10 team league with basically 2 full teams of players now available adding another keeper or two or adding another roster spot or two if we go that way. We'll put everything to a vote though. We've also voted on stat changes like after the XP was moved longer and more XP's were missed we put to a vote of possible taking a point off for Kickers who miss XP. it was voted in. A few of us suggested Return yards as it would add more of value to certain players or a team can pick up a guy if in a jam who could maybe get them a few points. We try to switch some things up every few yrs and put new suggestions during the season to vote. Also if a vote from our offseason was close we may put it up again before the next year for a vote. 
Yeah I just know to look before the draft. It’s friends and family kind of league and if I criticize how he does anything he’ll just say I can be commish and I don’t want to deal with that. Hes prompt about collecting money and prompt with payment and I’m probably the only person in the league with more than one team other than my wife. One of us has been in the championship each of the last 4 years, so sleeping dogs shall lie. 

Yeah I just know to look before the draft. It’s friends and family kind of league and if I criticize how he does anything he’ll just say I can be commish and I don’t want to deal with that. Hes prompt about collecting money and prompt with payment and I’m probably the only person in the league with more than one team other than my wife. One of us has been in the championship each of the last 4 years, so sleeping dogs shall lie. 
Yeah we've had a few drama issues in our league. Realized after the board shut down mostly that a few posters were not the people they said they were on the board (In terms of honestly of opinions or character). I knew about two of the guys being frauds on the board forever but as usual with forums you have your cliques of posters who ban together and being 2 longer term members had quite a few supporters. Another guy we thought was a really nice snapped this year after a trade wasn't allowed (mostly because of the poster before I talked about was doing backhanded stuff in the league) and yes we get that the other guys team sucked and he was trying to make it better but the players he got were barely keeper worthy and he gave up his 1st and 3rd picks for these guys to a guy with already a loaded picks at the top. He was a ##### during the draft, then randomly dropped all his players before the season and rage quit trying to destroy the league. The Comish decided to ban both owners. The one because he kept fighting everything in the league and quit and then the other was basically sent packing because he tried to essentially ruin the league. You need to do something really bad for our guy to kick you out of the league too so both guys were given their fair shares of a leash. The guy who kept fighting everything with the league was more so always trying to get rules that would more so favor him I was skeptical of allowing him after he said the last time he played FBF was when Shaun Alexander was in the league and people didn't like a trade he made. Based on how he ran his team and some of the trades he made I can't really imagine why they would've liked how he did things. We're all for ownership activity but this guy really took it a bit too far and became very predatory. 

Either way we all try not to rock the boat when possible 

Some commishes start up new leagues every year to cover the payouts for the league they cannot....remember MOX misfits n outlaws....that dude would have a new league or two every year....then he just disappeared....im leary of the online non league safe leaguez......

He's still around? I played in a league with this guy many years ago, and I think he was a cheater back then, too. It was called the UFFL back then, too. He would run several leagues online under that moniker. It's going back a while, and my memory is a little vague on the specifics, but I remember he kicked me out because I backed up one of the other owners in one of the sister leagues who was arguing for another leaguemate about being able to pick up someone up to replace Vinny Testaverde after he tore an ACL. It was obvious he was out for the year, and I don't remember all the specifics, but the commissioner was preventing the owner from replacing him because he hadn't officially been placed on IR yet. I think he was making him wait because he wanted to pick up the guy he was trying to replace Testaverde with. I think he tried to play it off as he was strict disciplinarian with the rules and a military guy, wouldn't put up with anyone questioning his authority, and he wanted to shut down any dissent. I thought I remembered a couple years later the leagues shut down but he still played with some of the same owners, only they wouldn't let him commish any more. Supposedly he was a good fantasy owner but a cheater as commissioner. Guess he found another bunch of guys to swindle.

Users who are viewing this thread