What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Frank Clark to Chiefs (1 Viewer)

Why are the chiefs still using draft picks to pick up guys who have beat up on women?
Same reason the broncos continued to draft guys with DUI arrests even after Russel and Heckert both got busted for drinking and driving I would imagine. Because they are trying to win.

BoltBacker said:
Same reason the broncos continued to draft guys with DUI arrests even after Russel and Heckert both got busted for drinking and driving I would imagine. Because they are trying to win.
im drawing a blank here on the guys they drafted with dui arrests

oh wait, Bradley Roby. I mean fair enough retort, but it doesn't seem as heinous or as odd as KC going hard after guys beating women. i thought it was a fair question.

Last edited by a moderator:
im drawing a blank here on the guys they drafted with dui arrests

oh wait, Bradley Roby. I mean fair enough retort, but it doesn't seem as heinous or as odd as KC going hard after guys beating women. i thought it was a fair question.
We'll have to agree to differ whether a car is a deadly weapon in public when a drunk jack-### is behind the wheel.... whether he's a bronco executive or player.

Keo also was arrested for DUI.

Boyett might be my favorite. After getting drunk and head butting a cabbie he tried to bury himself in mulch to evade police. With quick thinking like that he should be drafting QB's for the broncos as the general manager.

Saulsbury DUI again.

Some guy named Talib was so drunk that he shot himself with a gun. Actually, that's not even the bad part. He was so drunk he couldn't remember who had shot him with a gun but after several hours to piece it altogether with the police they all decided that he had shot himself with a gun.

Hitting women is not a good thing but driving drunk and firing off guns while drunk is just as bad or worse in my book. If KC has been "going hard" after guys beating women why is denver using alcoholism as a litmus test to decide whether or not a guy is bronco material or not?

Yeah.....Bronco fans don’t really want to get in a discussion about criminal activity.....think they rank #2 overall.....

Seattle went from having only 4 picks in this draft before the trade up to drafting 11 players.

They had a 1, 3, 4, 5 before the Clark trade

They selected a 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6, 7 in this draft. They acquired a mass of picks by trading down a few times. 

That's a change of an extra 2, 2, 4, 4, 6, 6, 7 and no more Frank Clark.  Of course time will tell when it comes to how these players will pan out. Likely most will have no impact. If they get two starters out of this mix I call it a push. If one of them turns into a star they win. 

We'll have to agree to differ whether a car is a deadly weapon in public when a drunk jack-### is behind the wheel.... whether he's a bronco executive or player.

Keo also was arrested for DUI.

Boyett might be my favorite. After getting drunk and head butting a cabbie he tried to bury himself in mulch to evade police. With quick thinking like that he should be drafting QB's for the broncos as the general manager.

Saulsbury DUI again.

Some guy named Talib was so drunk that he shot himself with a gun. Actually, that's not even the bad part. He was so drunk he couldn't remember who had shot him with a gun but after several hours to piece it altogether with the police they all decided that he had shot himself with a gun.

Hitting women is not a good thing but driving drunk and firing off guns while drunk is just as bad or worse in my book. If KC has been "going hard" after guys beating women why is denver using alcoholism as a litmus test to decide whether or not a guy is bronco material or not?
It's worth the conversation. And if we are moving this direction in the thread, that works.

I actualky agree with you but ithink your argument would have a bit more merit if any of those guys were on the team. Boyett and keo were let go after their DUIs happened. Talib? He didn't have a DUI as far as I saw, but again was on the roster prior to this happening. The comparison falls apart when you realize keo and boyett were let go shortly after the DUIs. Fwiw, I didn't like the tramaine Brock signing last year and I'm glad the dude is off the team. Thats a more apt comp imo.

So that said, I still think it's interesting/sad KC goes out of its way to bring in a guy who was booted from his college team for beating a woman while a.) Dealing with tyreek hill situation and b.) Coming on the heels of cutting their star RB for beating up a woman and lying about it. I'd think the same thing if my favorite team did it.

The comparison falls apart when you realize keo and boyett were let go shortly after the DUIs.
You're right. For instance if KC would have released Hunt shortly after they found out he had lied to them with regard to a physical altercation with a woman then THAT would have been a comparison that wouldn't have fallen apart. Let's just pour you another.

You're right. For instance if KC would have released Hunt shortly after they found out he had lied to them with regard to a physical altercation with a woman then THAT would have been a comparison that wouldn't have fallen apart. Let's just pour you another.
I don't think I made a comparison, though. I'm talking about a team going all in with clark. I guess I don't understand whats so crazy about questioning why a franchise that is under fire for 2 recent incidents involving a player who hit a female and they spent a first and crazy money on another. :Shrug:

I don't care what the team is, its a strange move given the recent circumstances

I still think it's interesting/sad KC goes out of its way to bring in a guy who was booted from his college team for beating a woman
This sounds like you don't know what happened in that hotel room. Perhaps it would be worth your time to read the police report and listen to her interview with regard to what happened between Clark and his girlfriend. 

It's worth the conversation. And if we are moving this direction in the thread, that works.

I actualky agree with you but ithink your argument would have a bit more merit if any of those guys were on the team. Boyett and keo were let go after their DUIs happened. Talib? He didn't have a DUI as far as I saw, but again was on the roster prior to this happening. The comparison falls apart when you realize keo and boyett were let go shortly after the DUIs. Fwiw, I didn't like the tramaine Brock signing last year and I'm glad the dude is off the team. Thats a more apt comp imo.

So that said, I still think it's interesting/sad KC goes out of its way to bring in a guy who was booted from his college team for beating a woman while a.) Dealing with tyreek hill situation and b.) Coming on the heels of cutting their star RB for beating up a woman and lying about it. I'd think the same thing if my favorite team did it.
if we are kind of tossing around stuff about the Broncos, etc.....(Buffaloes I am assuming you are a Colorado Buff/Bronco kind of guy).....since the Broncos are like #2 in terms of arrests/criminal activity since 2000....you would think they would maybe think about making questionable moves......like....I don't know..... picking up Pacman Jones....

Stinkin Ref said:
if we are kind of tossing around stuff about the Broncos, etc.....(Buffaloes I am assuming you are a Colorado Buff/Bronco kind of guy).....since the Broncos are like #2 in terms of arrests/criminal activity since 2000....you would think they would maybe think about making questionable moves......like....I don't know..... picking up Pacman Jones....
totally agree and like I said I'd add Tramaine Brock to that argument as well.

Seattle went from having only 4 picks in this draft before the trade up to drafting 11 players.

They had a 1, 3, 4, 5 before the Clark trade

They selected a 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6, 7 in this draft. They acquired a mass of picks by trading down a few times. 

That's a change of an extra 2, 2, 4, 4, 6, 6, 7 and no more Frank Clark.  Of course time will tell when it comes to how these players will pan out. Likely most will have no impact. If they get two starters out of this mix I call it a push. If one of them turns into a star they win. 
I'd call it a win right now, just by not having to pay Clark 20 million a season. Every player that pans out, only makes it a bigger win. I'd bet somebody from that group is as good as Clark, and likely at least another 2-3 will contribute a little bit. We'll see if Clark is any good away from Pete Carroll. He has a history of getting players(especially young players) best performances. On the flip side, Spags has a very recent history of being a pretty poor DC without Tom Coughlin overseeing him.

ETA: Its a lazy argument, but a relevant one, but one could argue just getting rid of Clark's salary while getting nothing in return would be a win, since it allowed them to keep Russell Wilson. 

Users who are viewing this thread