What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

Jets select 3.72 - Ja'Lynn Polk*, WR, Washington

Height: 6-2. Weight: 204.
Projected 40 Time: 4.49.
Projected Round (2024): 2-4.

2/24/24: Polk is sleeper receiver who went under the radar because of teammate Rome Odunze, but NFL sources really like Polk as a potential value pick. In 2023, Polk totaled 73 receptions for 1,191 yards and 10 touchdowns. He has quality size, speed and route-running. Polk would have been a No. 1 receiver at most schools.

i debated far too long with this pick. Mostly debating taking the guy I think has the best future and plays a “sexy” position vs others who fill needs but might not be as good.
Finally I decided Burks isn’t sufficient reason to keep us from drafting a new slot receiver who has among the best hands in the class, ran well at the combine (4.41 40) and had the third-highest vertical leap among WRs (42-inches). His 9.78 relative athletic score (RAS) is one of the best scores of all time. He also boasts a 98th-percentile burst score and a 99th-percentile catch radius score. From a pure athleticism perspective, he has so many traits NFL teams look for and is a good route runner.

3.71 the Tennessee Titans draft Ricky Pearsall, Florida WR.
Last night when we were waiting on joesteeler at 65, I sent the admin my top 4 in case Theo Johnson was not available at 68. Picks were Johnson, another WR, Pearsall and a RB. He looks to be a great "quick option route" player a la Edleman, Amendola and Woodhead. Looked like an NFL player playing at Florida.

Washington Commanders
3.67 -- RB Jonathan Brooks, Texas

Greetings from the island of Maui, where Harjiran is currently basking in the sun and surf with his spring breaking teens. Thanks in advance for your patience - I will try to keep up with what's happening in this awesome thread despite the obvious distractions. With the selection of running back Jonathan Brooks, the Commanders continue to overhaul an offense that has underwhelmed its fans for many years. Brooks tore his ACL in November, hence the third round grade, but his recovery is reportedly going well and he could add some sizzle to Washington's RB corps of JAGs once he recovers. He projects as a three -down back with size, speed, strength and receiving ability - I could be wrong of course but I think he's a steal at the top of round three.
While I like the pick of Brooks, in what universe is Austin Ekeler considered a JAG?
I guess I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that Ekeler is even on the team - it'll be odd to see him play in burgundy & gold in 2024. He's certainly had a great career and is not really a JAG but he kinda seemed like one last year. Is he going to bounce back with a rebuilding team or are his skills declining with age? Maybe Ekeler has something left in the tank, maybe he doesn't, but regardless I don't believe he represents the future of the position for the Commanders. Brooks, on the other hand, could be that bellcow they've been missing since Clinton Portis and Stephen Davis.

Rams take Cb Mike Sainristil - Michigan at 73.

Position of need, ideal player type for what we do here. Had a high 2nd round grade on him.
Nice. That's who I was going to take if I'd stayed at 73 just because of the value, even though slot CB is really not a need for the Bears (Kyler Gordon did well there last year, after having some troubles as a rookie moving back & forth between the slot and the outside).

Rams back on the clock again.

Pleased to wrap up their 3rd round with Blake Fisher OT - Notre Dame at 2.75.
Should lock up the right tackle spot. Do need some receiver help but we feel we can grab someone useful later on. This is the last available OT we feel confident can be a starter.

3.76 Malachi Corley, WR Western Kentucky

After trading away "Judy", Payton wants to add to the offense. This guy wasn't asked to run a large variety of routes in college, so that is a concern, but a skill that can be learned.

This kid is built like a rock with good- very good speed. After he gets the ball in his hands he has an aggression that Denver hasn't seen at WR that I can remember. Look for the offense to get the ball into his hands on lots of screens and short routes to start, but if he can develop more routes in the middle of the field he could be a steal in the 3rd.

After trading away "Judy", Payton wants to add to the offense. This guy wasn't asked to run a large variety of routes in college, so that is a concern, but a skill that can be learned.

This kid is built like a rock with good- very good speed. After he gets the ball in his hands he has an aggression that Denver hasn't seen at WR that I can remember. Look for the offense to get the ball into his hands on lots of screens and short routes to start, but if he can develop more routes in the middle of the field he could be a steal in the 3rd.
He had huge production, was basically Western Kentucky's entire offense, and is Steve Smith Senior's steal of the draft.

I was going to take him at 68 if Theo Johnson was not available.

Edit: Here's Steve Smith reviewing the WR class. He talk's about Corley right after Brian Thomas. Linkage

He's a good player but I would have gone Kris Jenkins, DT, Michigan. Or perhaps a CB to pair with PS2.

The Broncos were 30th in run defense and, while the FA addition of Malcolm Roach was helpful, it is still a pretty pathetic group. Cody Barton and Alex Singleton are good tacklers but neither is great at shedding blocks so need to keep them clean.

With the addition of Josh Reynolds the WR room is not an area of need IMO

He's a good player but I would have gone Kris Jenkins, DT, Michigan. Or perhaps a CB to pair with PS2.

The Broncos were 30th in run defense and, while the FA addition of Malcolm Roach was helpful, it is still a pretty pathetic group. Cody Barton and Alex Singleton are good tacklers but neither is great at shedding blocks so need to keep them clean.

Jenkins went at 43 to Atlanta.

Jenkins went at 43 to Atlanta.
Ah. Thanks. I checked but missed it. My comments still hold re: bolstering the defense with BPA. No one wants a repeat of the Miami game

I was looking at DT, but couldn't find a guy I thought was right at this pick. I think more CB can be found with the 4t 4th and 5th round picks they have, but agree it is more of a need.

IMO Reynolds has never been more than a role player at any of his stops.

with the 3.77 pick, the Jets take
Matt Goncalves, OT, Pittsburgh

Height: 6-6. Weight: 327.

Projected 40 Time: 5.35.

Projected Round (2024): 3-4.

3/9/24: Goncalves is a big edge blocker for the next level who has experience from starting at left and right tackle for Pittsburgh. The Panthers bounced Goncalves back and forth between right and left tackle over 2020-2022, and as a senior, he was starting at left tackle before going out for the year with a lower-body injury that required surgery. Goncalves is big, strong, and has good enough movement to stay on the edge in the NFL. He also has the body type to be a candidate to play guard as a pro.

Washington Commanders
3.78 -- S Calen Bullock, USC

The Commanders finally address defense by selecting the big-hitting safety from USC as the best player remaining on their draft board. A violent tackler with length and speed, he needs to add weight and improve his functional strength but has the potential to start at free safety in the NFL. Bullock is a high IQ player who is adept at diagnosing run vs pass and was projected to go the second round.

Height: 6'2
Weight: 190
Forty: 4.48

I debated between him and Pearsall. Corley has a little Deebo in him.

If Dallas goes OL, OL im going to be unhappy

ok
Don't worry, Jerry can't resist making splashy moves. Back to back O-line would be too boring.

In retrospect and still learning about guys, I wouldn't draft JPJ in the first round. I'd take the guy who went next. Mims. He's just a beast physically with a ceiling like Alt's, and while not as versatile as the two I took, his potential to be a star at tackle makes the OL stronger than addressing the iol. I believe 100% in BPA drafting and Mims was likely that guy there.

Bass and Hoffman are not the most athletic undrafted FAs, but they have versatility at G and C. Bass held up better than expected while Hoffman is apparently working hard to be that guy. I think a competition for them at C is just fine.

A couple OLs that went after Beebe are Ts who project very nicely to G. Beebe felt like BPA considering his resume, but I seem higher on him than most. I love the idea of his run blocking. He's a vicious pancake machine destroying defenders in the second level and hunting for action downfield. So I'll stand by him as potential bpa where I took him, but I won't be surprised if one of those Ts was a better pick.

Watching the run D was difficult last year, and I'm patching up the highest scoring offense in the league. Tbh, I looked at DTs and ILBs very closely and I'm not impressed. Murphy was really disappointing against better lineman. Mazi's tape is better. He and Osa are probably better than these prospects. I have faith. Kendricks was a great pickup for Zim and Damone is a stud in waiting. Add a healthy Overshown and the pieces are already there to fix the run D, imo.

In a 2023 vacuum, the run D is priority. But the 2024 perspective is missing a tough talented C and a HoF LT. Thankfully, Steven Jones said to expect OL early in the draft. They're lucky this is probably a historic OL class.

I don't know what @Cowboysfan8 would prefer or why, but I'm an OL junkie. I've seen Dallas take two in two rounds in a few mocks recently. I will be happy if it happens. I don't really care which two and trust them to know better than me.

don't know what @Cowboysfan8 would prefer or why, but I'm an OL junkie. I've seen Dallas take two in two rounds in a few mocks recently. I will be happy if it happens. I don't really care which two and trust them to know better than me.
I didn’t mean to criticize your picks. But I see how you could’ve taken it that way. Sorry gb

I like Bass a lot so I don’t see the need for 2 in the first 2 rds. I’d be ok with OL in 1 of the first 2 rds but I think they have other needs they have to fill too. I hope they take BPA in every rd.

ok
Don't worry, Jerry can't resist making splashy moves. Back to back O-line would be too boring.

In retrospect and still learning about guys, I wouldn't draft JPJ in the first round. I'd take the guy who went next. Mims. He's just a beast physically with a ceiling like Alt's, and while not as versatile as the two I took, his potential to be a star at tackle makes the OL stronger than addressing the iol. I believe 100% in BPA drafting and Mims was likely that guy there.

Bass and Hoffman are not the most athletic undrafted FAs, but they have versatility at G and C. Bass held up better than expected while Hoffman is apparently working hard to be that guy. I think a competition for them at C is just fine.

A couple OLs that went after Beebe are Ts who project very nicely to G. Beebe felt like BPA considering his resume, but I seem higher on him than most. I love the idea of his run blocking. He's a vicious pancake machine destroying defenders in the second level and hunting for action downfield. So I'll stand by him as potential bpa where I took him, but I won't be surprised if one of those Ts was a better pick.

Watching the run D was difficult last year, and I'm patching up the highest scoring offense in the league. Tbh, I looked at DTs and ILBs very closely and I'm not impressed. Murphy was really disappointing against better lineman. Mazi's tape is better. He and Osa are probably better than these prospects. I have faith. Kendricks was a great pickup for Zim and Damone is a stud in waiting. Add a healthy Overshown and the pieces are already there to fix the run D, imo.

In a 2023 vacuum, the run D is priority. But the 2024 perspective is missing a tough talented C and a HoF LT. Thankfully, Steven Jones said to expect OL early in the draft. They're lucky this is probably a historic OL class.

I don't know what @Cowboysfan8 would prefer or why, but I'm an OL junkie. I've seen Dallas take two in two rounds in a few mocks recently. I will be happy if it happens. I don't really care which two and trust them to know better than me.
I think Johnson is more of a sure thing than Mims. Similar to the Fredricks pick a few years ago . As for the second round, I like both Brooks and Benson at RB, but I think it is too early to draft either. I do have a couple other RBs in mind for round 3. Still one player on D that I would target first. Will still be some decent WR left in round four.

Sorry folks I went to sleep right before MoP put that in.
Anyhow with the 80th pick of the 3rd round the select

3.80 Devontez Walker, WR UNC
I am not really sure if he fits the profile of receivers the Bengals take (he is on the old side) but he is BPA at this point at a position the Bengals should address given the Tee Higgins situation. A ton of talent but things to work out in his game (particularly drops)

-QG

Thru 85 picks

QB
1 - 1) Caleb Williams
2 - 2) Drake Maye
3 - 3) Jayden Daniels
4 - 5) JJ McCarthy
5 - 12) Bo Nix
6 - 13) Michael Penix Jr.
7 - 70) Spencer Rattler

RB
1 - 67) Jonathan Brooks
2 - 69) Trey Benson

WR
1 - 4) Marvin Harrison
2 - 6) Malik Nabers
3 - 9) Rome Odunze
4 - 27) Brian Thomas Jr.
5 - 28) Adonai Mitchell
6 - 32) Ladd McConkey
7 - 39) Troy Franklin
8 - 44) Xavier Worthy
9 - 45) Xavier Legette
10 - 51) Roman Wilson
11 - 61) Keon Coleman
12 - 71) Ricky Pearsall
13 - 72) Ja'Lynn Polk
14 - 76) Malachi Corley
15 - 79) Cornelius Johnson
16 - 80) Devontez Walker
17 - 83) Javon Baker

TE
1 - 11) Brock Bowers
2 - 40) Ben Sinnott
3 - 59) Ja’Tavion Sanders
4 - 68) Theo Johnson

OL
1 - 7) Joe Alt
2 - 10) Taliese Fuaga
3 - 14) Olu Fashanu
4 - 20) JC Latham
5 - 21) Troy Fautanu
6 - 24) Jackson Powers Johnson
7 - 25) Amarius Mims
8 - 30) Tyler Guyton
9 - 34) Jordan Morgan
10 - 35) Graham Barton
11 - 36) Kingsley Suamataia
12 - 37) Zach Frazier
13 - 49) Patrick Paul
14 - 56) Cooper Beebe
15 - 60) Kiran Amegadjie
16 - 63) Christian Haynes
17 - 75) Blake Fisher
18 - 77) Matt Goncalves
19 - 81) Sedrick Van Pran-Granger

LB
1 - 38) Payton Wilson
2 - 50) Junior Colson
3 - 55) Edgerrin Cooper

Edge
1 - 15) Dallas Turner
2 - 16) Jared Verse
3 - 23) Laiatu Latu
4 - 26) Chop Robinson
5 - 33) Chris Braswell
6 - 48) Darius Robinson
7 - 52) Bralen Trice
8 - 62) Adissa Isaac
9 - 64) Marshawn Kneeland
10 - 74) Jonah Ellis
11 - 85) Gabe Murphy

DL
1 - 18) Jer'Zhan Newton
2 - 19) Byron Murphy II
3 - 42) T'Vondre Sweat
4 - 43) Kris Jenkins
5 - 54) Braden Fiske
6 - 58) Michael Hall
7 - 66) Ruke Orhorhoro

CB
1 - 8) Cooper DeJean
2 - 17) Quinyon Mitchell
3 - 22) Terrion Arnold
4 - 29) Kool Aid Mckinstry
5 - 31) Nate Wiggins
6 - 41) Max Melton
7 - 46) Kamari Lassiter
8 - 47) Ennis Rakestraw Jr.
9 - 65) TJ Tamp
10 - 84) Renardo Green

S
1 - 53) Tyler Nubin
2 - 57) Kamren Kinchens
3 - 78) Calen Bullock
4 - 82) Javon Bullard

Last edited:
NY Giants select 3.70 - QB. Spencer Rattler, South Carolina

The Giants are interested in him in real life, from what I've heard. I think he's a very good developemental QB at this point in the draft and IMO, the Giants have to come away with a good developmental QB by day 2 in this draft. QB is the #1 need for this team. As I've said before, I have no confidence in Jones and want to see them find his successor in this draft.
Perfect pick for the Giants. He can sit for a year and then they can ditch Jones and that awful contract. I honestly believe he makes it in the league. I just love guys who have everything handed to them, lose it, and then have the fortitude to come back from that adversity. He's grown up a lot in 3 years.
Exactly what I was thinking.
He is one that I think the NFL teams are a lot higher on than the "mock world" thinks...wouldn't at all be surprised to see him go late first/early second...

don't know what @Cowboysfan8 would prefer or why, but I'm an OL junkie. I've seen Dallas take two in two rounds in a few mocks recently. I will be happy if it happens. I don't really care which two and trust them to know better than me.
I didn’t mean to criticize your picks. But I see how you could’ve taken it that way. Sorry gb

I like Bass a lot so I don’t see the need for 2 in the first 2 rds. I’d be ok with OL in 1 of the first 2 rds but I think they have other needs they have to fill too. I hope they take BPA in every rd.

no worries. this is a fool's errand but interesting and fun. fwiw, i did feel like i was getting bpa both times. and i do think this OL class is more impressive than this celebrated WR class. but that's just me. thanks for the feedback.

ok

I think Johnson is more of a sure thing than Mims. Similar to the Fredricks pick a few years ago . As for the second round, I like both Brooks and Benson at RB, but I think it is too early to draft either. I do have a couple other RBs in mind for round 3. Still one player on D that I would target first. Will still be some decent WR left in round four.

I thought that when I took him for sure, and I'd still love him on the team. But since making the pick some insiders are reporting that their sources are not as high on him as the draftnik world press clippings. Part of that is overrating his game. Part of that is positional value. And part of that is the players in this O-line class. On the other hand the same guys are saying Mims is a top ten talent... according to their sources. :shrug:

Thru 80 picks

QB
1 - 1) Caleb Williams
2 - 2) Drake Maye
3 - 3) Jayden Daniels
4 - 5) JJ McCarthy
5 - 12) Bo Nix
7 - 70) Spencer Rattler

RB
1 - 67) Jonathan Brooks
2 - 69) Trey Benson

WR
1 - 4) Marvin Harrison
2 - 6) Malik Nabers
3 - 9) Rome Odunze
4 - 27) Brian Thomas Jr.
5 - 28) Adonai Mitchell
6 - 32) Ladd McConkey
7 - 39) Troy Franklin
8 - 44) Xavier Worthy
9 - 45) Xavier Legette
10 - 51) Roman Wilson
11 - 61) Keon Coleman
12 - 71) Ricky Pearsall, Florida WR
13 - 72) Ja'Lynn Polk
14 - 71) Ricky Pearsall
15 - 72) Ja'Lynn Polk
16 - 76) Malachi Corley
17 - 79) Cornelius Johnson
18 - 80) Devontez Walker

TE
1 - 11) Brock Bowers
2 - 40) Ben Sinnott
4 - 68) Theo Johnson

OL
1 - 7) Joe Alt
2 - 10) Taliese Fuaga
3 - 14) Olu Fashanu
4 - 20) JC Latham
5 - 21) Troy Fautanu
7 - 25) Amarius Mims
8 - 30) Tyler Guyton
9 - 34) Jordan Morgan
10 - 35) Graham Barton
12 - 37) Zach Frazier
13 - 49) Patrick Paul
14 - 56) Cooper Beebe
15 - 60) Kiran Amegadjie
17 - 75) Blake Fisher
18 - 77) Matt Goncalves

LB
1 - 38) Payton Wilson
2 - 50) Junior Colson
3 - 55) Edgerrin Cooper

Edge
1 - 15) Dallas Turner
2 - 16) Jared Verse
3 - 23) Laiatu Latu
4 - 26) Chop Robinson
5 - 33) Chris Braswell
6 - 48) Darius Robinson
7 - 52) Bralen Trice
8 - 62) Adissa Isaac
10 - 74) Jonah Ellis

DL
1 - 18) Jer'Zhan Newton
2 - 19) Byron Murphy II
3 - 42) T'Vondre Sweat
4 - 43) Kris Jenkins
5 - 54) Braden Fiske
6 - 58) Michael Hall
7 - 66) Ruke Orhorhoro

CB
1 - 8) Cooper DeJean
2 - 17) Quinyon Mitchell
3 - 22) Terrion Arnold
5 - 31) Nate Wiggins
6 - 41) Max Melton
7 - 46) Kamari Lassiter
9 - 65) TJ Tampa

S
1 - 53) Tyler Nubin
2 - 57) Kamren Kinchens
3 - 78) Calen Bullock

Makes me wonder if this is due to RB, LB, and S groups being unimpressive this year or if simply a function of everyone devaluing those positions.

As I had stated way back at 16 when Seattle last picked, interior offensive line is a huge need but a depth of this draft.

3.81 C Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, Georgia

Was my top center prospect last year but went back to school. While he didn’t continue on the same high track, the toughness and abilities are still there. I think he can be the interior anchor this line needs, and the upside is there if he can clean a few things up.

Thru 80 picks

QB
1 - 1) Caleb Williams
2 - 2) Drake Maye
3 - 3) Jayden Daniels
4 - 5) JJ McCarthy
5 - 12) Bo Nix
7 - 70) Spencer Rattler

RB
1 - 67) Jonathan Brooks
2 - 69) Trey Benson

WR
1 - 4) Marvin Harrison
2 - 6) Malik Nabers
3 - 9) Rome Odunze
4 - 27) Brian Thomas Jr.
5 - 28) Adonai Mitchell
6 - 32) Ladd McConkey
7 - 39) Troy Franklin
8 - 44) Xavier Worthy
9 - 45) Xavier Legette
10 - 51) Roman Wilson
11 - 61) Keon Coleman
12 - 71) Ricky Pearsall, Florida WR
13 - 72) Ja'Lynn Polk
14 - 71) Ricky Pearsall
15 - 72) Ja'Lynn Polk
16 - 76) Malachi Corley
17 - 79) Cornelius Johnson
18 - 80) Devontez Walker

TE
1 - 11) Brock Bowers
2 - 40) Ben Sinnott
4 - 68) Theo Johnson

OL
1 - 7) Joe Alt
2 - 10) Taliese Fuaga
3 - 14) Olu Fashanu
4 - 20) JC Latham
5 - 21) Troy Fautanu
7 - 25) Amarius Mims
8 - 30) Tyler Guyton
9 - 34) Jordan Morgan
10 - 35) Graham Barton
12 - 37) Zach Frazier
13 - 49) Patrick Paul
14 - 56) Cooper Beebe
15 - 60) Kiran Amegadjie
17 - 75) Blake Fisher
18 - 77) Matt Goncalves

LB
1 - 38) Payton Wilson
2 - 50) Junior Colson
3 - 55) Edgerrin Cooper

Edge
1 - 15) Dallas Turner
2 - 16) Jared Verse
3 - 23) Laiatu Latu
4 - 26) Chop Robinson
5 - 33) Chris Braswell
6 - 48) Darius Robinson
7 - 52) Bralen Trice
8 - 62) Adissa Isaac
10 - 74) Jonah Ellis

DL
1 - 18) Jer'Zhan Newton
2 - 19) Byron Murphy II
3 - 42) T'Vondre Sweat
4 - 43) Kris Jenkins
5 - 54) Braden Fiske
6 - 58) Michael Hall
7 - 66) Ruke Orhorhoro

CB
1 - 8) Cooper DeJean
2 - 17) Quinyon Mitchell
3 - 22) Terrion Arnold
5 - 31) Nate Wiggins
6 - 41) Max Melton
7 - 46) Kamari Lassiter
9 - 65) TJ Tampa

S
1 - 53) Tyler Nubin
2 - 57) Kamren Kinchens
3 - 78) Calen Bullock

Makes me wonder if this is due to RB, LB, and S groups being unimpressive this year or if simply a function of everyone devaluing those positions.

I see this RB class like one big multi-function folding tool. They're all kind of the same talent wise but do different jobs. So when the time is right, you can pull out the tool you need, but no reason to rush. There's lots of tools to be had. But it's also a devalued position, as are S and ILB.

Last edited:

Round 3​

65) Houston Texans (via Carolina Panthers) - TJ Tampa CB Iowa State
66) Miami Dolphins (via Arizona Cardinals) - Ruke Orhorhoro, Clemson DT
67) Washington Commanders - RB Jonathan Brooks, Texas
68) New England Patriots - Theo Johnson TE Penn State
69) Los Angeles Chargers - RB Trey Benson
70) New York Giants - QB. Spencer Rattler, South Carolina
71) Tennessee Titans (via Arizona Cardinals (from Tennessee)) - Ricky Pearsall, Florida WR
72) New York Jets - Ja'Lynn Polk, WR, Washington
73) Los Angeles Rams (via Chicago Bears (via Detroit Lions (from Minnesota)) - CB Mike Sainristil - Michigan
74) Atlanta Falcons - Jonah. Ellis, Edge, Utah
75) Los Angeles Rams (via Chicago Bears) - Blake Fisher OT - Notre Dame
76) Denver Broncos - Malachi Corley, WR Western Kentucky
77) New York Jets (via Las Vegas Raiders) - Matt Goncalves, OT, Pittsburgh
78) Washington Commanders (from Seattle) - S Calen Bullock, USC
79) Atlanta Falcons (from Jacksonville) - Cornelius Johnson, WR Michigan
80) Cincinnati Bengals - Devontez Walker, WR UNC
81) Seattle Seahawks (from New Orleans through Denver) - C Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, Georgia
82) Indianapolis Colts
83) Chicago Bears (via Los Angeles Rams)
84) Pittsburgh Steelers
85) Cleveland Browns
86) Houston Texans (from Philadelphia)
87) Dallas Cowboys

Users who are viewing this thread