What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best High Stakes Live Draft in Vegas?? (1 Viewer)

TripItUp

Footballguy
I'm looking for the best high stakes live draft in Vegas in terms of payout and most well-run.  

I don't like the FFPC's payout structure, and I don't like the events that combine multiple leagues into a single prize structure.  Thoughts?

I'm looking for the best high stakes live draft in Vegas in terms of payout and most well-run.  

I don't like the FFPC's payout structure, and I don't like the events that combine multiple leagues into a single prize structure.  Thoughts?
They have plenty that are individual leagues, play those. They have the best run event

I've done them all. My rankings are 1) FFPC, 2) NFFC and a very very distant third, FFWC.

Payouts structures are pretty close on individual high stakes leagues for FFPC and NFFC. I like the organization of FFPC's better. Their software for league management is superior to NFFC's. Come join me in the Big Payback live (I'll be in Vegas) or online on opening Thursday night after the NFL game. My other high stakes FFPC leagues are already full.

buck naked said:
I've done them all. My rankings are 1) FFPC, 2) NFFC and a very very distant third, FFWC.

Payouts structures are pretty close on individual high stakes leagues for FFPC and NFFC. I like the organization of FFPC's better. Their software for league management is superior to NFFC's. Come join me in the Big Payback live (I'll be in Vegas) or online on opening Thursday night after the NFL game. My other high stakes FFPC leagues are already full.
I like the big payback’s  structure the most although kind  of frustrating  that the rake increases as the buy-in increases.  Doesn’t really make sense other than they are trying to make more money.  Poker rooms don’t operate that way for bigger games. 

I like the big payback’s  structure the most although kind  of frustrating  that the rake increases as the buy-in increases.
Maybe the rake increases but what I've noticed in almost all FFPC leagues is the higher the entry the percentage of payout to the players is higher and rake percentage is lower. 

I've been playing high-stakes fantasy football for more than 10 years, and I will gladly trade a less friendly rake for the security that the contests are well-run and that I'm not going to lose thousands of dollars of credit in my account because of incompetent owners. The folks at FFPC respond quickly to questions and I've never had an issue with withdrawals. 

I've been playing high-stakes fantasy football for more than 10 years, and I will gladly trade a less friendly rake for the security that the contests are well-run and that I'm not going to lose thousands of dollars of credit in my account because of incompetent owners. The folks at FFPC respond quickly to questions and I've never had an issue with withdrawals. 
Yep. I had to email Chris Lambert a few times over the years and she always responds within 24 hours. Plus, money is always paid out quickly. 

Sat out the main event  last year due to fantasy football overload but looking forward to jumping back in this year. 

To splinter off a bit, does anyone have any experience with RT Sports? They don't have anything in Vegas as far as I can tell, just all online.

To splinter off a bit, does anyone have any experience with RT Sports? They don't have anything in Vegas as far as I can tell, just all online.
Tried them a few years ago and don’t like the interface at all.  The FFPC interface is super smoothe in comparison. 

Tried them a few years ago and don’t like the interface at all.  The FFPC interface is super smoothe in comparison. 
I've done all my high stakes league through the ffpc for the past four years, I'm going to go a different direction. I've done scout before, looks like it has changed to Full Time Fantasy. Know anything about them?

I've done all my high stakes league through the ffpc for the past four years, I'm going to go a different direction. I've done scout before, looks like it has changed to Full Time Fantasy. Know anything about them?
haven't tried them

my only complaint on FFPC is the rake for the higher stakes leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
haven't tried them

my only complaint on FFPC is the rake for the higher stakes leagues.
Professionally they're top notch. Excellent customer service, always on the up and up when it comes to payouts, etc. I have some personal reasons for exploring other high stakes fantasy football options at this time.

So, to follow up, and I know this has taken this thread way off topic, but...

Did an RT Sports draft recently, the interface for drafting was fine, didn't have any issues with the software. The season will be the true test when waivers run.

A few things I liked: the TE position is not premium scoring, so TEs were not jumping off the board, especially with only one flex spot. There were only 16 spots on the roster, so with a shallow bench, it really made me think of how I wanted to fill the bench. In ffpc leagues, almost every second string RB is rostered because of the deep benches and you can take a shot on an obscure player without worrying about missing out on proven talent. DeSean Jackson went undrafted, which in all the ffpc drafts I've seen he's gone in a late round. The scoring and roster format took me back to when I first started playing FF, where it seemed simpler, but in all actuality it was harder because it made me prioritize my picks. There was less room for errors, and with early drafting, there's still a good chance that if an injury takes out a starter, or some unknown player shines in training camp or preseason games, they'll likely be available for a bidding war for the first waiver run.

It wasn't better or worse; just different and had me thinking about my drafting strategy in a new light.

Users who are viewing this thread