What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (5 Viewers)

When you punt from your own 38 while trailing by 10 with 6 minutes left in the game, you don't deserve to be mentioned in the playoff discussion.

(Talking about Washington here.)

Odd stat that probably means little but I find interesting. I guess the Pac12 teams are the likely suspects 

@chrisfallica: Each of the last 5 years a Top 15 team (9 total, 6 Top 10) has lost to a NR team the 1st week of October. 

Top 15 Teams vs NR Opp This Week 
5 LSU vs Utah St
6 OU at Kansas
8 Wisc vs Kent St
12 PSU vs Purdue
9 ND vs BG 
11 Texas at WVU
3 UGA vs Tenn
13 Ore vs Cal 
15 UW at Stan
Washington keeps the streak alive

@joelklatt·

My CFB

Top 10 Wk6

1) @OhioStateFB

2) @LSUfootball

3) @AlabamaFTBL

4) @OU_Football

5) @GeorgiaFootball

6) @ClemsonFB

7 @BadgerFootball

8) @TexasFootball

9) @NDFootball

10) @GatorsFB

@joelklatt·

My CFB

Top 10 Wk6

1) @OhioStateFB

2) @LSUfootball

3) @AlabamaFTBL

4) @OU_Football

5) @GeorgiaFootball

6) @ClemsonFB

7 @BadgerFootball

😎 @TexasFootball

9) @NDFootball

10) @GatorsFB
The point is moot because their schedule provides a clear path upward or downwards but not sure why he ranks ND and Texas ahead of UF when their best win is a quality loss

They've put several O-line into the NFL and have a future 1st round pick in Penei Sewell.  Their O-Line is solid.  

But their offense is just bad now.  
Fair enough....I don't watch a ton of Oregon football.  I was going by the game last night that had Cal defenders running freely in the backfield most of the night.

The point is moot because their schedule provides a clear path upward or downwards but not sure why he ranks ND and Texas ahead of UF when their best win is a quality loss
This will make me sound like a hater but Florida isn’t that good (well their defense is). They’re a 13.5 point underdog this week. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This will make me sound like a hater but Florida isn’t that good (well their defense is). They’re a 13.5 point underdog this week. 
Yeah there's a good chance that yesterday was their signature win and they get their doors blown off at LSU and vs. UGA.  Just seemed odd that he was willing to reward moral victories.

(13.5 surprises me. I was expecting 8.5 to 10.5 range)

AP has UF at 7 ahead of both.  They also have them ahead of Wisconsin which I disagree with.

Like I said, long way to go and the Gators have the means to play themselves into or out of any bowl situation.

I think the Gator OL is a definite weak spot but Mullens coaching staff is light years better than McElwains. 

Plus there's the possibility the Gator pass rush could get Zuniga back to complement Greenard.

I would've bet the lives of my children that I'd never see my alma mater (CMU) mentioned in a college football thread.  This is why I don't gamble.   

NutterButter said:
I would've bet the lives of my children that I'd never see my alma mater (CMU) mentioned in a college football thread.  This is why I don't gamble.   
It’s because my alma mater beat your alma mater. 😎

Last edited by a moderator:
:whitedot:

Its nice to have my school matter for a little while again.
Looking at the sixth post on this page (for those displaying 50 posts/page) ... I keep wondering why Joel Klatt consistently ranks LSU over Alabama. I know it's just one place in his standings, but still. Don't you auto-place Alabama higher, with no thinking or analysis necessary, until LSU beats Alabama?

Looking at the sixth post on this page (for those displaying 50 posts/page) ... I keep wondering why Joel Klatt consistently ranks LSU over Alabama. I know it's just one place in his standings, but still. Don't you auto-place Alabama higher, with no thinking or analysis necessary, until LSU beats Alabama?
Why would things that happened in previous seasons matter?

Users who are viewing this thread