Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Tom Servo

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread.

34 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

If you are the kid's coach, what's the play? Kid just cost his entire TEAM at chance at a win. Can't let the behavior go can you?

He runs 110s until he pukes, then he runs six more.

15 minutes ago, belljr said:

As dumb as it was guy needs to make 35 yarder

For sure should still be a high percentage kick.  Looks like this Ole Miss kicker is ~77% on FGs under 40 this year and 92.1% on regular XPs.  :shrug: 

4 hours ago, Mjolnirs said:

I went to one several years ago in Columbia when Georgia came to town.  We didn't get there too early, but worked our way up fairly close. No, not too near the stage, but close enough we could see the people.  There were a couple of big video boards to the side of the stage, so we could see and hear everything.  The overhead camera came by a couple of times.  Spent most of the time chatting with people in the crowd.  I would go again if one of my kids wanted to, but not sure how much bad weather I wold brave to do it.

Thought that was vs Mizzou

1 hour ago, belljr said:

As dumb as it was guy needs to make 35 yarder

Not excusing the kicker. But it shouldn't have been a 35 yarder. Period.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoos First said:

Yes yes yes!!!!!

...and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

UCF 81, USF 6

ETA: my original score prediction may have been grossly exaggerated. :X

Edited by Osaurus

17 minutes ago, jplvr said:

@Fat Drunk and Stupid We gonna beat y’all just enough to give Gus another year. 

He has honestly killed my interest in the program.  It's sad.

We got a shooty hoops game next Thursday though!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gump said:

What’s the background?

Mike Leach was asked about losing his 7th straight Apple Cup, said that recruiting has to do with it, then was asked if he wasn't supposed to beat teams with bigger recruiting classes by Jon Blanchette, and then went off. Called him a sanctimonious troll.

40 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Mike Leach was asked about losing his 7th straight Apple Cup, said that recruiting has to do with it, then was asked if he wasn't supposed to beat teams with bigger recruiting classes by Jon Blanchette, and then went off. Called him a sanctimonious troll.

If only there was something a head coach could do about inferior recruiting...

• Like 1

so jim mcelwain team is heading to MAC championship.

i guess you can say he hasn't jumped the shark after all

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RUSF18 said:

If only there was something a head coach could do about inferior recruiting...

Not when they live in Pullman, WA....

I think Leach is done at WSU.  I expect he'll be named the HC of Arkansas very soon.  Guy did about as well as you can out there.  I don't think people really understand how remote, desolate and hard to get to Pullman is.  It's astonishing they did as well as they did under him.  

@ESPNRittenberg: SOURCES: Missouri has fired coach Barry Odom after four seasons. http://PowerMizzou.com first reported the news. Athletic director Jim Sterk informed the coaching staff this morning. Odom finishes 25-25. The Tigers completed their season Friday at 6-6. https://es.pn/2OXTCsK

Not sure who they can get to replace him. That's a worse job than Arkansas,  right?

2 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

@ESPNRittenberg: SOURCES: Missouri has fired coach Barry Odom after four seasons. http://PowerMizzou.com first reported the news. Athletic director Jim Sterk informed the coaching staff this morning. Odom finishes 25-25. The Tigers completed their season Friday at 6-6. https://es.pn/2OXTCsK

Not sure who they can get to replace him. That's a worse job than Arkansas,  right?

No, it’s in the East. You can win that division once every 8-10 years. I doubt Arkansas wins their division in any of our lifetimes again. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Politician Spock said:

OH NO!!!

This thread without Cappy is like a day without sunshine. :cry:

This place is really tightening the screws lately <_<

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Not when they live in Pullman, WA....

I think Leach is done at WSU.  I expect he'll be named the HC of Arkansas very soon.  Guy did about as well as you can out there.  I don't think people really understand how remote, desolate and hard to get to Pullman is.  It's astonishing they did as well as they did under him.  

Given the choice I'd choose Mizzou over Arkansas.  Arkansas can't recruit but so well and they have to play Alabama, LSU, Auburn, and A&M every year.  At Mizzou you have a fighting chance to occassionally beat Florida and Georgia.

1 minute ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Given the choice I'd choose Mizzou over Arkansas.  Arkansas can't recruit but so well and they have to play Alabama, LSU, Auburn, and A&M every year.  At Mizzou you have a fighting chance to occassionally beat Florida and Georgia.

Arkansas used to recruit Texas very well, but those days are gone.  The bloated beast that coached before Chad Morris made a horrible decision to focus on Florida and neglect Texas.  I think Arkansas will bet on Leach being able to open those Texas roads back up.  He is a GOD among HS coaches in the Lone Star state.  

If Mizzou wants him, they'll need to break the bank and that's not a school that does that. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Premier said:

This place is really tightening the screws lately <_<

I don't know what you did, but thanks to Joe for protecting the masses from your heathen ways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

I don't know what you did, but thanks to Joe for protecting the masses from your heathen ways.

I told somebody reading comp wasn’t their highest SAT category. Blistering stuff. 

• Laughing 1

39 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

You know they’re bad when they lose to Wyoming. 

@KyleRowland: Michigan's six-point lead is OSU's largest deficit of the season. Previous high was when Buckeyes trailed Miami (Ohio) 5-0. Ohio State answered with 76 consecutive points.

1 hour ago, JaxBill said:

Let’s not forget this Mizzou was in SEC Championship Game once. 

7 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Let’s not forget this Mizzou was in SEC Championship Game once. 

Hard to believe it was only 5 years ago. Seems much longer than that.

ETA - for reference that was Muschamp last year in Gainesville and while Bama won the West, the 2 Mississippi teams finished 2nd and 3rd in that division 

Edited by JaxBill

1 minute ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

Twice

13 & 14

My middle age mind ain’t what it used to be. 

Noon slot looks like a dude...I know the IB at least will make midday more competitive.

You can call holding on every play,  but Young was getting a bear hug on that play.

1 minute ago, Mad Cow said:

You can call holding on every play,  but Young was getting a bear hug on that play.

Refs not really calling a lot so far. Buckeyes got away with what could have been PI calls too. Defense simply has to play better. Michigan is going to go misdirection and quick passes and so far OSU’s secondary has just been straight up confused and out of position.

4 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Refs not really calling a lot so far. Buckeyes got away with what could have been PI calls too. Defense simply has to play better. Michigan is going to go misdirection and quick passes and so far OSU’s secondary has just been straight up confused and out of position.

No question setting up to be a physical one. 

And shoes laces?

Michigan player practicing for his career as the next Al Bundy. 

• Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Michigan with the "Ol untie the shoe trick!" 

:lmao: What even is that? And getting caught doing it!? Just sad.

• Like 1