Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Tom Servo

2019 College football thread - It's the off-season, yo.

Recommended Posts

Just now, Doug B said:

Posted in this very thread a few hours ago: Clemson should be a 1-2 pt favorite over LSU :shrug: 

 Not everyone is sold yet.

Anybody that would make LSU a dog has a screw loose.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2019 at 9:46 AM, RUSF18 said:

Agreed but they had a more difficult schedule up until that point in the season, no? Something to be said about going up against at least some above average competition before taking on a truly elite team. Add in the break that everyone has to deal with too...

OSU 1H might be a good play regardless of how you see the game finishing. 

💰💰💰

(Except I ended up not betting it, because I was surprised OSU was only getting a half point based on what I was reading here)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AAABatteries said:

Anybody that would make LSU a dog has a screw loose.

LSU will open as a 3-4 point favorite vs. either of these teams. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Capella said:

Is Ryan Day alive?

Absolutely.  Have you seen how rosey his cheeks (face cheeks) are?

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Capella said:
6 hours ago, culdeus said:

LSU -5.5 Clemson

 

No chance. Clemson -1 or 2.

Where is the calculus now? Assuming this has been a moving target that’s getting fine tuned now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Man In The Box said:

LSU will open as a 3-4 point favorite vs. either of these teams. 

It’ll be interesting. I don’t know about 3-4. LSU’s offense is amazing but Lawrence could hurt their D. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, gump said:

Great point, and the Clemson coaching advantage is showing. 

What a call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doug B said:

Where is the calculus now? Assuming this has been a moving target that’s getting fine tuned now.

I think LSU -2. When I wrote that I forgot it will be basically a home game for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blue Dot Orange Dot said:

Whoever wins this game is going to need the 16 days to get healthy. 

They are definitely beating the #### out of each other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Trevor Lawrence has the long TD run. But I see that he had 15 carries so far (and counting). Had he been a Lamar Jackson type with planned runs as part of his overall game? Or is he more of a Steve Young opportunistic runner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Capella said:

I think LSU -2. When I wrote that I forgot it will be basically a home game for them. 

The look-ahead line on Circa is LSU-3 vs Clemson. Void if OSU makes it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Man In The Box said:
8 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Anybody that would make LSU a dog has a screw loose.

LSU will open as a 3-4 point favorite vs. either of these teams. 

Betonline has LSU -3.5 over OhSt and -2.5 over Clemson.  I took +3 with Clemson a bit ago, and +3.5 with OhSt just now.  I have underrated Ohio State.   I'm also a NOTORIOUS mush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Doug B said:

Where is the calculus now? Assuming this has been a moving target that’s getting fine tuned now.

Still feel pretty good.  The fact that OU sucks makes this harder for the line people but public will be on LSU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Capella said:

I think LSU -2. When I wrote that I forgot it will be basically a home game for them. 

After that performance by LSU (even against OU) and this one being close, it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s 4 or 5.  I’m not even sure that’s an overreaction.  In their last 4 games they’ve beaten 3 top-5 teams and averaged around or over 50 points a game doing it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Doug B said:

I know Trevor Lawrence has the long TD run. But I see that he had 15 carries so far (and counting). Had he been a Lamar Jackson type with planned runs as part of his overall game? Or is he more of a Steve Young opportunistic runner?

I don't think he's either.  He's more athletic than he looks but he's not a running QB.  Maybe an Andrew Luck type runner?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, facook said:

Betonline has LSU -3.5 over OhSt and -2.5 over Clemson.  I took +3 with Clemson a bit ago, and +3.5 with OhSt just now.  I have underrated Ohio State.   I'm also a NOTORIOUS mush.

Sounds about right. These two teams are VERY good but LSU is a tick above. Plus the game is in their backyard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they wanted to wait two weeks why not do this last weekend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let the bail out flags begin.

 

Nvrmind, that was bad.

 

Edited by Hov34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

After that performance by LSU (even against OU) and this one being close, it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s 4 or 5.  I’m not even sure that’s an overreaction.  In their last 4 games they’ve beaten 3 top-5 teams and averaged around or over 50 points a game doing it.

Clemson +5 would get large bets immediately Imo. People aren’t factoring in LSU’s defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clemson might want to get a stop here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beef Ravioli said:

Please! Doesn’t get more obvious than those last two calls 

Settle down, I changed my post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hov34 said:

Clemson might want to get a stop here.

I think they would settle for a safety

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Capella said:

Clemson +5 would get large bets immediately Imo. People aren’t factoring in LSU’s defense. 

Imo those people would be losing their money.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Capella said:

Clemson +5 would get large bets immediately Imo. People aren’t factoring in LSU’s defense. 

LSU has one main defensive sin: When they know the game’s in hand, they exhale and let up ... a lot. I’ve not seen a team actually exploit LSU’s defense while an outcome was still in doubt except maybe Tua’s flukey late game TDs after going down three scores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LSU has curbed stomped since the huge Bama win...surprised the line is so low.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.