What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (11 Viewers)

LSU DC Dave Aranda reportedly in the mix for the HC positions at Colorado State and UNLV. 

I find it really interesting why some coordinators seem to be in the mix for P5 gigs while others start lower. Aranda is a guy I would think wouldn’t need to cut his teeth at that level. Not speaking specifically about this year’s carousel, but it seems to be pretty random over the years. 

Oh, great point.  Thanks!  Think he is and I think I will lower my wagering gusto on this one.
No one on either side is thrilled about this match up.  Stupid espn wanted a story.  

BSU coach Harsin is pretty pissed about it.  None of the focus will be on the players of either team.  

I think Harsin wants to win this one real bad and will have Broncos more ready.  Finishing with a 2 and 0 record vs Pete is probably a big thing for him. 

He's pissed at the Mountain West didnt promote BSU as much as the conference that Memphis plays in promoted that conference for the Cotton Bowl.

BSU beat 2 or 3 more Bowl teams than Memphis did.  Their only loss was when they had to play their 3rd string qb on the road by 3. 

Should be a close game.  If you bet bsu,  buy the half point.  

Last edited by a moderator:
LSU DC Dave Aranda reportedly in the mix for the HC positions at Colorado State and UNLV. 

I find it really interesting why some coordinators seem to be in the mix for P5 gigs while others start lower. Aranda is a guy I would think wouldn’t need to cut his teeth at that level. Not speaking specifically about this year’s carousel, but it seems to be pretty random over the years. 
I agree. No clue why he wouldnt start at a mid level p5 with upside. Seems like he has the qualifications.

The list should include every player who’s entering the draft that is projected as a 1st/2nd round pick.

the nfl already has enough game film on them.  They have zero to gain and a fluke injury could drop them quite a bit.

No one on either side is thrilled about this match up.  Stupid espn wanted a story.  

BSU coach Harsin is pretty pissed about it.  None of the focus will be on the players of either team.  

I think Harsin wants to win this one real bad and will have Broncos more ready.  Finishing with a 2 and 0 record vs Pete is probably a big thing for him. 

He's pissed at the Mountain West didnt promote BSU as much as the conference that Memphis plays in promoted that conference for the Cotton Bowl.

BSU beat 2 or 3 more Bowl teams than Memphis did.  Their only loss was when they had to play their 3rd string qb on the road by 3. 

Should be a close game.  If you bet bsu,  buy the half point.  
Surprised Harsin hasn't been poached by a big fish. He is an awesome coach. 

Surprised Harsin hasn't been poached by a big fish. He is an awesome coach. 
He went to HS here and was a backup QB at BSU.   He was OC under Pete when Kellen played.  I'd be amazed if he leaves.   This year was his best job of coaching..

He came out in the Bowl presser really pissed about the MW Conf.    Wants to take BSU to the next level.   Our schedules the next 10 years are much better than ever before.

The list should include every player who’s entering the draft that is projected as a 1st/2nd round pick.

the nfl already has enough game film on them.  They have zero to gain and a fluke injury could drop them quite a bit.
Yeah no reason to play.  The NFL has shown it won't negatively affect their draft stock and fans are totally on their side on the matter.  Playing is all risk, zero reward.

UNLV has had one winning record (7-6) since 2000.  Wow.  

Marcus Arroyo is taking the job.  Lotta people are saying he was getting pushed out of the nest by Cristobal, so this was a 'clean' way to have him exit stage left.  

Who does Oregon bring in?  Or do they hire from within?  New OC to pair with a new QB?

UNLV has had one winning record (7-6) since 2000.  Wow.  

Marcus Arroyo is taking the job.  Lotta people are saying he was getting pushed out of the nest by Cristobal, so this was a 'clean' way to have him exit stage left.  

Who does Oregon bring in?  Or do they hire from within?  New OC to pair with a new QB?
I think he definately hires an outside OC.  Avalos was outstanding hire as DC.  I trust MC to do this right.  Sounds like Keith Hayward will go with Arroyo.  Things look very good for Oregon.

oofff

@Brett_McMurphy: Florida Atlantic is nearing completion of a deal w/Willie Taggart, source told @Stadium. Taggart would be a huge get for FAU w/his recruiting ties in the state

oofff

@Brett_McMurphy: Florida Atlantic is nearing completion of a deal w/Willie Taggart, source told @Stadium. Taggart would be a huge get for FAU w/his recruiting ties in the state
:lmao:

Will anybody make more money achieving as little success as Willie Taggart in our lifetime?  

Four-star Sandalwood (Fla.) Jacksonville quarterback Jeff Sims announced his decommitment from Florida State Wednesday.

Osaurus said:
Gasparilla Bowl is now at RayJay? HFS! Upgrade.  :thumbup:

ETA: Great thing about RayJay is my office is nearby and I get free parking. 
Bummer. I will never get over a bowl game sponsored by a lawnmower company being played in an indoor stadium with some of the worst artificial turf known to man.

So FSU is paying Norvell 3.75M with an additional 250k tossed on each year, a pool of 5.25M for his assistants and anywhere from 4-6M for Willie and his staff for their buyouts.

14-15M a year for coaches. Dude better put up some wins quick. 

So FSU is paying Norvell 3.75M with an additional 250k tossed on each year, a pool of 5.25M for his assistants and anywhere from 4-6M for Willie and his staff for their buyouts.

Do parents writing tuition checks to schools in this situation ever give pause before they sign and send? 

Under a week now for the first Signing Period deadline.  Surprise...Bama and Clemson neck and neck for the #1 class.

USC building their worst class since rankings began.  

Do you know if that $5.25mm covers only the assistants or also the whole support staff? Just curious. 

Do parents writing tuition checks to schools in this situation ever give pause before they sign and send? 
It’s absolutely unreal. Are nfl teams laying out 15M for their coaching staffs? Sure a few are but doubt most do. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Belichick is pulling in 12.5, which is tops (deservedly).  I think McDaniels makes a ton as well.

Jerry is going to offer Urban $15mm I bet.  
Yea. But the middle class teams. Tampa Tennessee Etc. Can’t imagine but maybe they do. I know Arians has 28 (!!!!) people on staff. 

Users who are viewing this thread