What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst LETTERING on Baseball Uni's (1 Viewer)

Agreed, but the thought of a guy sitting in a dugout wearing a suit seems extremely odd.
I heard (and not sure if true) but because the coaches/managers go onto the field of play, they wear uniforms.  That, and the fact that a lot of managers used to actually also play way back in the day.  I think Pete Rose was the last one.

I heard (and not sure if true) but because the coaches/managers go onto the field of play, they wear uniforms.  That, and the fact that a lot of managers used to actually also play way back in the day.  I think Pete Rose was the last one.
I also read that suits used to be common in the early days until more managers were former, and more importantly recently former (and current) players, so they kept wearing the uniform.

Makes more sense for them to wear something than a uniform so the third base coach can't do the sprint to home fake to make the outfielder think a runner is heading home.

At least the Blue Jays don't wear "NORTH" jerseys
As a guy who grew up there and a big proponent of the sentiment behind the #WetheNorth movement...I completely agree. It's a little cheesy as a uni. 

But perhaps the real reason they don't do it is because the Mariners would have more claim to the "North" moniker, being at a higher latitude.

could you imagine football or b-ball coaches having to don full unis like teh baseball?

oooofffaaahhh
I actually can't say which would be worse, Belichick in his customary raggedy hoodie or Andy Reid in his form-hiding mumu-like windbreakers, or either of them crammed into a football jersey and tight pants.

I have always kind of wondered if the old style would die out at some point....like IMO if I am player, I would prefer to wear the uni tops that don't actually have sleeves....and you just wear an under armor shirt or baseball shirt under it....I know its not traditional but there is something that feels constricting with a uni that has sleeves sometimes....if I had a choice I would go sleeveless all the time as I would feel it improves my performance/movement/flexibility, etc....throwing/swinging/making plays/etc...
On the topic of comfort...always thought it was strange that players wear belts. Think they could get the pants to fit without a need for a belt.

On the topic of comfort...always thought it was strange that players wear belts. Think they could get the pants to fit without a need for a belt.
Yup.  I don't understand how anyone can head first slide while wearing a belt.

Users who are viewing this thread