What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023-2024 NBA Salary Cap Draft - SECOND Annual Battle for the Wikkid Cup - Preseason Rankings are In! (1 Viewer)

I'm leaving early tomorrow morning for a little over a week so I'm going to share my rankings here to get some **** talking going. I would put my own team somewhere in the top tier.

Tier 1
1causticNuggets with slightly worse secondary starters but better bench. In Jokic We Trust. Probably not the highest ceiling, but the highest floor.
2The MoopsIncredibly versatile defensively, passing (and Schroder being the only real PG) is what keeps them from #1.
3Yo MamaLacks thee point shooting, but I like the team makeup.
4CorporationMost talented, I think, but downgraded due to Harden doing Harden things.
5Trader JakeKawhi and Lopez are off to slow starts, Morant isn't playing BUT probably the highest ceiling (and maybe tier 3 floor).
Tier 2
6FatMaxToughest cut from the group above - I might be underrating them, but I don't love the DeRozan fit and the bench lacks offensive creation.
7Son of Yo MamaShould be great in the "regular" season due to defense and shot creation, but shooting sucks and would be exposed in the "playoffs".
8nysfl2Offensively, this team will work, but Embiid can't carry this much defensive dead weight.
9FrostillicusI think this might be the best top 3 in terms of fit and talent, but worst bottom 12.
10Desert_PowerTop 6 are pretty darn good, rest of bench is rough, a little skeptical of Wemby on a real team this year.
11EephusChris Paul should 100% start. Bench feels shallow, Westbrook and White are strange fits. Starting lineup (with Paul) works.
12dunfee555Fultz as the PG with no shooting PG behind him kills this team for me. JJJ is also forced out of position.
Tier 3
13ScoobusI don't trust anybody to create good offense at a high enough level to compete in this "league". Hard to know if Cunningham is actually good.
14JayrodDefense is getting smoked, worst centers in the league.
15Son of PIKThis is the worst defense ever assembled - none of the top 6 picks are even average defensively. Fun offense though.
Tier 4
16thecatchShai can't carry this mediocre team to success. Too many rookies/second year guys.
17PIK95Defense optional… actually, just no defense allowed. Losing Time Lord hurts but he wasn't saving the Ball/Sabonis/Young triumvirate.
18Chemical XWatching Russell and Poole my-turn-your-turn to 6 of 19 shooting every night would make my eyes bleed.
19InstinctiveBen Simmons, lol.
fyi, not sure if i’d use russell over giddey, but russell went 55/40/82 last year and seems on a similar pace this year. poole would likely be a 6th man scorer type on the second unit. i’d prolly start giddey, ausar, siakam, kuzma and duren. asaur, siakam and duren seem high level defenders. lots of length here too. i’m gonna have lofton jr. eat you.
You would have to start Russell just to get enough shooting out there to almost have an NBA offense. Your proposed lineup makes 4.2 threes a game. That's like 1980s level shooting.

@dunfee555 – So close to making a great team but Markell Fultz as the starting PG (and nobody behind him that can shoot either) and forcing JJJ to be a full time center is a bummer. Otherwise, I generally like the talent on the team and there is some bench stuff that will make this a tough team to play.
Agree about the lack of shooting at PG, that could be a problem. But as a connector beside an elite playmaker like LeBron and surrounded by great shooting everywhere else, the passing (5.7 assists) and defense Fultz will provide to the starting lineup mitigates that to some extent. In late-game situations, I would see going offense/defense substitutions with Beasley and Fultz along with the other starters to maximize both of their talents.

And on the JJJ as a starting center point, that is the position he's going to have to play to reach his highest upside. While his shooting/scoring is elite for a center, it's only slightly above average as a power forward. He can certainly hold up defensively at center. And I tried to cover up for his biggest weakness (rebounding) by getting good rebounders at the other frontcourt positions (Lebron - 8.6 RPG, Porter - 7.9 RPG).
82games.com doesn't have the stats up for this year, but last season, JJJ had a net rating of 14.6 at PF and 8.6 as C. The season before it was 10.7 and 6.1. He is substantially better as a center.

Great shooting around Fultz might be something of an overstatement. MPJ is elite (off to a slow start though), Lebron is a career 34.5% shooter (right in line with his LAL career), JJJ is good for a center but wildly inconsistent and good for a center is kinda meh (career 35.1%, slightly lower this year), Jalen Williams is a career 35.7% shooter. The NBA has been floating around 36% for league average.

I'm leaving early tomorrow morning for a little over a week so I'm going to share my rankings here to get some **** talking going. I would put my own team somewhere in the top tier.

Tier 1
1causticNuggets with slightly worse secondary starters but better bench. In Jokic We Trust. Probably not the highest ceiling, but the highest floor.
2The MoopsIncredibly versatile defensively, passing (and Schroder being the only real PG) is what keeps them from #1.
4CorporationMost talented, I think, but downgraded due to Harden doing Harden things.
5Trader JakeKawhi and Lopez are off to slow starts, Morant isn't playing BUT probably the highest ceiling (and maybe tier 3 floor).
Tier 2
6FatMaxToughest cut from the group above - I might be underrating them, but I don't love the DeRozan fit and the bench lacks offensive creation.
7Son of Yo MamaShould be great in the "regular" season due to defense and shot creation, but shooting sucks and would be exposed in the "playoffs".
8nysfl2Offensively, this team will work, but Embiid can't carry this much defensive dead weight.
9FrostillicusI think this might be the best top 3 in terms of fit and talent, but worst bottom 12.
10Desert_PowerTop 6 are pretty darn good, rest of bench is rough, a little skeptical of Wemby on a real team this year.
11EephusChris Paul should 100% start. Bench feels shallow, Westbrook and White are strange fits. Starting lineup (with Paul) works.
12dunfee555Fultz as the PG with no shooting PG behind him kills this team for me. JJJ is also forced out of position.
Tier 3
13ScoobusI don't trust anybody to create good offense at a high enough level to compete in this "league". Hard to know if Cunningham is actually good.
15Son of PIKThis is the worst defense ever assembled - none of the top 6 picks are even average defensively. Fun offense though.
Tier 4
16thecatchShai can't carry this mediocre team to success. Too many rookies/second year guys.
17PIK95Defense optional… actually, just no defense allowed. Losing Time Lord hurts but he wasn't saving the Ball/Sabonis/Young triumvirate.
18Chemical XWatching Russell and Poole my-turn-your-turn to 6 of 19 shooting every night would make my eyes bleed.
i just realized, someone spent $39mm on ben simmons. ooololillllolol

Most Likely Starting 5:

Damian Lillard

Derrick White

Khris Middleton

Aaron Gordon

Victor Wembanyama

Key Rotation Players (in order of projected minutes):

Ivica Zubac

Brandon Miller

Corey Kispert

Bones Hyland

Aaron Wiggins

Deep Bench: Miles McBride, Thomas Bryant, Jalen Smith, Dean Wade, and Bryce McGowens

An interesting draft that went quite a bit differently from last year, but I think I have a team that makes a lot of sense together around the rookie phenom Wemby. He is already at 19.7/8.8/2.5 with 2.4 blocks for game. Lillard obviously brings elite scoring and shooting that should create tons of spacing for Wemby to operate. Derrick White adds some elite defense coming off his 2nd team All-Defensive selection to the mix with a bonus of good shooting and ability to play PG. I thought it was essential to pair Dame in the backcourt with a defender just like this in his prime. Aaron Gordon is going to really help clean the glass for this group. He’s a plus defender who showed he can be efficient on a smaller offensive role while still being able to get his own buckets.

Competition picks up for the 5th spot in this lineup. Right now, I’m giving it to the 32-year-old, 3x All-Star in Khris Middleton. He’s playing limited minutes so far but, if healthy, I think the upside of adding another high-level scorer and perimeter defender is a solid gamble. Ivan Zubac is a good option if we want to go bigger for more rebounding and strength to counter some of the better front courts in this league. Brandon Miller has impressed me so far in the NBA as both a defender and a scorer who can truly play 2-4. His game looks better to me in lineups with other offensive threats rather than running a second unit.

Another tier break drops us to Bones Hyland and Corey Kispert. Both bring elite shooting off the bench, and I project Kispert to look even better when playing with better teammates than on the Wizards. Bones may have fallen out of the stupid Clippers’ rotation until they trade again but can be a poor man’s Dame when he takes a break. Aaron Wiggins is an athletic defensive wing option when the situation warrants it.

The rest of these guys are mostly just guys I hope can earn more minutes as the season goes on, but that is just projection.

Overall, I think this is a balanced squad that can match up well with many teams. Offers some serious offensive upside as Wembanyama develops, but does not depend on that to compete. Middleton not getting back to higher minutes or a Lillard injury would really hurt.

@dunfee555 – So close to making a great team but Markell Fultz as the starting PG (and nobody behind him that can shoot either) and forcing JJJ to be a full time center is a bummer. Otherwise, I generally like the talent on the team and there is some bench stuff that will make this a tough team to play.
Agree about the lack of shooting at PG, that could be a problem. But as a connector beside an elite playmaker like LeBron and surrounded by great shooting everywhere else, the passing (5.7 assists) and defense Fultz will provide to the starting lineup mitigates that to some extent. In late-game situations, I would see going offense/defense substitutions with Beasley and Fultz along with the other starters to maximize both of their talents.

And on the JJJ as a starting center point, that is the position he's going to have to play to reach his highest upside. While his shooting/scoring is elite for a center, it's only slightly above average as a power forward. He can certainly hold up defensively at center. And I tried to cover up for his biggest weakness (rebounding) by getting good rebounders at the other frontcourt positions (Lebron - 8.6 RPG, Porter - 7.9 RPG).
JJJ is a good player, love his defensive effort and shot-blocking. On offense he's unselfish and can hit from deep. He's not a player you can give the ball to and expect him to create, but that wouldn't be asked of him on this team.

JJJ would be asked to defend 5s a lot and to rebound, but those are not his strengths. As is, I wonder if Bassey or Stewart would end up starting at center, but playing limited minutes. I could see opponents like Nikola Vucevic or Jonas Valanciunas presenting problems for Team Dunfee555. Let alone Jokic, Embiid, etc.

On offense I could see LeBron orchestrating well with JJJ, JDub, Porter Jr, and whoever else is on the court. When Bron comes out, putting Tre Jones at the point and playing small with another shooter could keep the offense on track. Tough to see any lineups holding up on defense inside though. Overall, I like this team, but don't think a deep playoff run would be in the cards.

Most Likely Starting 5:

Damian Lillard

Derrick White

Khris Middleton

Aaron Gordon

Victor Wembanyama

Key Rotation Players (in order of projected minutes):

Ivica Zubac

Brandon Miller

Corey Kispert

Bones Hyland

Aaron Wiggins

Deep Bench: Miles McBride, Thomas Bryant, Jalen Smith, Dean Wade, and Bryce McGowens

An interesting draft that went quite a bit differently from last year, but I think I have a team that makes a lot of sense together around the rookie phenom Wemby. He is already at 19.7/8.8/2.5 with 2.4 blocks for game. Lillard obviously brings elite scoring and shooting that should create tons of spacing for Wemby to operate. Derrick White adds some elite defense coming off his 2nd team All-Defensive selection to the mix with a bonus of good shooting and ability to play PG. I thought it was essential to pair Dame in the backcourt with a defender just like this in his prime. Aaron Gordon is going to really help clean the glass for this group. He’s a plus defender who showed he can be efficient on a smaller offensive role while still being able to get his own buckets.

Competition picks up for the 5th spot in this lineup. Right now, I’m giving it to the 32-year-old, 3x All-Star in Khris Middleton. He’s playing limited minutes so far but, if healthy, I think the upside of adding another high-level scorer and perimeter defender is a solid gamble. Ivan Zubac is a good option if we want to go bigger for more rebounding and strength to counter some of the better front courts in this league. Brandon Miller has impressed me so far in the NBA as both a defender and a scorer who can truly play 2-4. His game looks better to me in lineups with other offensive threats rather than running a second unit.

Another tier break drops us to Bones Hyland and Corey Kispert. Both bring elite shooting off the bench, and I project Kispert to look even better when playing with better teammates than on the Wizards. Bones may have fallen out of the stupid Clippers’ rotation until they trade again but can be a poor man’s Dame when he takes a break. Aaron Wiggins is an athletic defensive wing option when the situation warrants it.

The rest of these guys are mostly just guys I hope can earn more minutes as the season goes on, but that is just projection.

Overall, I think this is a balanced squad that can match up well with many teams. Offers some serious offensive upside as Wembanyama develops, but does not depend on that to compete. Middleton not getting back to higher minutes or a Lillard injury would really hurt.
Wonder if the team would be better off starting Zubac and bringing Middleton off the bench. With Lilliard the team's offense would be fine. Starting Zubac would allow Wemby to be a roaming shot-blocker and keep Gordon from wearing down against bigger opponents. Would also be nice to have Middleton's offense on the court for every minute Lilliard isn't on the court.

Really like White & Gordon's defense (and Wemby's shot blocking) on a Lillard team build though.

JJJ is a good player, love his defensive effort and shot-blocking. On offense he's unselfish and can hit from deep. He's not a player you can give the ball to and expect him to create, but that wouldn't be asked of him on this team.

JJJ would be asked to defend 5s a lot and to rebound, but those are not his strengths. As is, I wonder if Bassey or Stewart would end up starting at center, but playing limited minutes. I could see opponents like Nikola Vucevic or Jonas Valanciunas presenting problems for Team Dunfee555. Let alone Jokic, Embiid, etc.

On offense I could see LeBron orchestrating well with JJJ, JDub, Porter Jr, and whoever else is on the court. When Bron comes out, putting Tre Jones at the point and playing small with another shooter could keep the offense on track. Tough to see any lineups holding up on defense inside though. Overall, I like this team, but don't think a deep playoff run would be in the cards.
Tre Jones is a career 27% three point shooter, slightly worse than Fultz.

Tre Jones is a career 27% three point shooter, slightly worse than Fultz.
That's why playing Tre when LeBron goes out makes sense. Tre's not an ideal court stretcher to benefit from LeBron's playmaking, but he would be a nice offensive initiator off the bench. Take out Bron and put in Tre and let him run the point.

Toughest player to figure out is Fultz. I get the instinct to start him at the 1 to maximize him, but I wonder if then JJJ at the 5 would result in foul trouble, a worn down Porter, and defenses sagging off Fultz enough to muck things up for LeBron anyway. Tough choices for the coach. 😊

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Teams I generally agreed on (had them within 2 spots):
the moops, caustic, Yo Mama, Trader Jake, FatMax, Desert_Power, dunfee555, Chemical X & Instinctive

Teams I had ranked 3+ spots higher:
Son of Yo Mama, Eephus, thecatch, Scoobus, PIK95

Teams I had ranked 3+ spots lower:
Corporation, nysfl2, Frostillicus, Son of PIK

Biggest differences were Corporation (4 vs 17) & thecatch (16 vs 6).

I figured my view on Corporation was going to flow against the masses here. Originally I was going to give slightly longer writeups and ended up doing seven of them before I decided I didn't want to do all 19 - two that I did do were Corp and thecatch....

@thecatch – Got caught going budget rather than talent while also drafting too many young unproven guys. Defense is going to be a little rough without anybody that is a big plus (Shai is a light plus, Chet might be). The team does have complimentary offensive talent, so with Shai and maybe a couple of the young guys improving, the team might look better in April.

@Corporation – I might be a little higher on these guys than most – the offense makes sense, the defense makes sense, the bench has a handful of capable replacements, the probable closing lineup (swap Martin for Claxton) has enough defense and shooting to work to Harden’s strengths and weaknesses. If Murray and Porzingis keep up their hot starts, this team is going to be goooood. Probably my favorite team that went cheap initially.

Here are the other five:

@Frostillicus – Absolutely love the fit and talent of Bam/Jrue/Booker but the rest of the team… not so much. Way too many one way players with pretty much the only exception being Kyle Anderson - kind of. Getting another shooter who is passable defensively (Max Strus type) or another top notch defender who is a decent shooter (Dorian Finny-Smith type) would have made a huge difference.

@the moops – This team is going to be ****ing incredible defensively when healthy and they continue to bring it on the bench with guys like Caruso, Dunn, Capela. There is plenty of offensive talent but shooting is probably somewhere around average or maybe slightly below, and the passing leaves a little to be desired. Top tier.

@nysfl2 – 80% of the way to a starting lineup that would have made tons of sense but a Cole Anthony/Donovan Mitchell backcourt is so flammable and Anthony doesn’t shoot it well enough to make it worthwhile. A defensive forward would have been a much better fit. The bench is probably one of the better benches but it doesn’t really solve the flammable backcourt issue. At least if a team is going to be full of mostly ****ty defenders, having Embiid solves some of that.

@caustic – Rebuilt the Nuggets roster with a deeper bench and a slightly worse version of the three guys that aren’t Jokic and Murray. Like the real-life Nuggets, backup center is a problem, but that only exists when Jokic isn’t playing 40 mpg. We’ll see how all the support players look in a few months, but this is a possibility to be one of the top teams.
FWIW, I'm hoping that Amen Thompson is good enough to take over as the starter by midseason and hopefully brings good on-ball defense to the table

:nerd:
So based on an objective measurement of each team's performance so far (using each players net rating & PIE score, averaged out & ranked for each unit (1-3) and then calculating a weighted score), here is the standings so far this year:

1. The Moops
2. Eephus
3. Frostillicus
4. Jayrod
5. caustic
6. Desert_Power
7. thecatch
8. Yo Mama
9. dunfee555
10. Kev4029
11. Son of PIK
12. Instinctive
13. nysfl2
14. Scoobus
15. FatMax
16. PIK95
17. Trader Jake
18. Corporation
19. Son of Yo Mama
20. Chemical X

(Note: Players that have not played a game yet were cleared out so have no impact pro or con)

Good thing our fake imaginary game isn’t played using each players net rating & PIE score, averaged out & ranked for each unit (1-3) and then calculating a weighted score, amiright?

FWIW, I'm hoping that Amen Thompson is good enough to take over as the starter by midseason and hopefully brings good on-ball defense to the table
Rookies rarely have a positive impact on their teams winning. I wouldn't bank on this in the slightest

I have been delinquent but will get to rankings and writeup this weekend too. Sorry, crazy week or two here.

At first glance, it's clearly not the worst team. That was a little ridiculous. That said, I also don't love my team so unlike last year (when it was clearly a top 3 team before, during and after the season), I'm kind of interested to see where it lands given how well a lot of folks drafted.

I have been delinquent but will get to rankings and writeup this weekend too. Sorry, crazy week or two here.

At first glance, it's clearly not the worst team. That was a little ridiculous. That said, I also don't love my team so unlike last year (when it was clearly a top 3 team before, during and after the season), I'm kind of interested to see where it lands given how well a lot of folks drafted.
No rush on the writeups.

So based on an objective measurement of each team's performance so far (using each players net rating & PIE score, averaged out & ranked for each unit (1-3) and then calculating a weighted score), here is the standings so far this year:

1. The Moops
2. Eephus
3. Frostillicus
4. Jayrod
5. caustic
6. Desert_Power
7. thecatch
8. Yo Mama
9. dunfee555
10. Kev4029
11. Son of PIK
12. Instinctive
13. nysfl2
14. Scoobus
15. FatMax
16. PIK95
17. Trader Jake
18. Corporation
19. Son of Yo Mama
20. Chemical X

(Note: Players that have not played a game yet were cleared out so have no impact pro or con)
THANK YOU!

1. The Moops
2. Eephus
3. Frostillicus
4. Jayrod
5. caustic
6. Desert_Power
7. thecatch
8. Yo Mama
9. dunfee555
10. Kev4029
11. Son of PIK
12. Instinctive
13. nysfl2
14. Scoobus
15. FatMax
16. PIK95
17. Trader Jake
18. Corporation
19. Son of Yo Mama
20. Chemical X

THANK YOU!
Had your starters ranked as #1, but your 2nd and 3rd units drug you down.

And also - I am terrible at these things. I don't think the words @the moops probably has the best team has ever been written
I'm not huge into trash talking and it entered into my mind when doing rankings. But I did rank your team #1, just a really well balanced team.

Now Jayrod on the other hand I ranked #32 after he ranked my team #17 :D I am really curious as to why so low. I can definitely see it not being in the upper tier from some people's views but to be 17 was pretty shocking to me. I'm sure Harden had something to do with it, and I admittedly held my nose when I picked him.

And also - I am terrible at these things. I don't think the words @the moops probably has the best team has ever been written
I'm not huge into trash talking and it entered into my mind when doing rankings. But I did rank your team #1, just a really well balanced team.

Now Jayrod on the other hand I ranked #32 after he ranked my team #17 :D I am really curious as to why so low. I can definitely see it not being in the upper tier from some people's views but to be 17 was pretty shocking to me. I'm sure Harden had something to do with it, and I admittedly held my nose when I picked him.
In retrospect, I discounted both Bane and Murray too much. They are better players than I was giving them credit for in my rankings.

But the vast majority of the downgrade was Harden. I drafted him last year in the first round and no one gave him any credit even though he led the league in assists. I'm just paying it forward.

All my players were awesome last year, so congrats to Eephus and Fatmax for snatching them all up this year and doing well in my rankings.
Same here. I'm the king of picking breakout players that blow up. Last season, Markkanen & Mikal Bridges. This season it's Maxey and soon to be Wagner.

Bump to get some more rankings. You can rank teams even if you didn’t draft a team. Link to the google sheet with all the rosters is on the first post.

Just for the hell of it, I asked ChatGPT to pick a winner between @thecatch and I based off starting lineups.

The question:

In a hypothetical basketball game, one team features Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Chet Holmgren, Keegan Murray, Julius Randle, and Bennedict Mathurin. The other team features Jaylen Brunson, Lauri Markkanen, Demar DeRozen, Scottie Barnes, and Jarret Allen. Which team would win if they played, and why?

ChatGPT answers:

In this hypothetical matchup, both teams have unique strengths that could influence the outcome of the game. However, if pressed to choose, Team 2 (Jaylen Brunson, Lauri Markkanen, Demar DeRozan, Scottie Barnes, Jarrett Allen) might have a slight edge in terms of overall experience, offensive versatility, and defensive depth.
Team 2 possesses a combination of seasoned veterans like Demar DeRozan and Jaylen Brunson, along with emerging talents like Scottie Barnes. This blend offers a balance between scoring ability, playmaking, and defensive versatility. Additionally, Jarrett Allen's rim protection and Scottie Barnes' defensive prowess could pose challenges for Team 1's offense.
While Team 1 has impressive talent and potential, Team 2's collective experience, offensive firepower, and defensive capabilities might give them a slight advantage in a closely contested game. However, basketball games often have unpredictable moments, and the outcome could ultimately depend on various factors like teamwork, coaching strategies, and individual performances on the day of the game.

Just for the hell of it, I asked ChatGPT to pick a winner between @thecatch and I based off starting lineups.

The question:

In a hypothetical basketball game, one team features Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Chet Holmgren, Keegan Murray, Julius Randle, and Bennedict Mathurin. The other team features Jaylen Brunson, Lauri Markkanen, Demar DeRozen, Scottie Barnes, and Jarret Allen. Which team would win if they played, and why?

ChatGPT answers:

In this hypothetical matchup, both teams have unique strengths that could influence the outcome of the game. However, if pressed to choose, Team 2 (Jaylen Brunson, Lauri Markkanen, Demar DeRozan, Scottie Barnes, Jarrett Allen) might have a slight edge in terms of overall experience, offensive versatility, and defensive depth.
Team 2 possesses a combination of seasoned veterans like Demar DeRozan and Jaylen Brunson, along with emerging talents like Scottie Barnes. This blend offers a balance between scoring ability, playmaking, and defensive versatility. Additionally, Jarrett Allen's rim protection and Scottie Barnes' defensive prowess could pose challenges for Team 1's offense.
While Team 1 has impressive talent and potential, Team 2's collective experience, offensive firepower, and defensive capabilities might give them a slight advantage in a closely contested game. However, basketball games often have unpredictable moments, and the outcome could ultimately depend on various factors like teamwork, coaching strategies, and individual performances on the day of the game.
It's hard to blame ChatGBT for not realizing that Chet is already the best center in the league.

The question:

ChatGPT answers:

See if it'll rank all 20.

The question:

ChatGPT answers:

Yes! I’ll add it to my consolidated rankings

The question:

ChatGPT answers:

I'll give it a try. It'll take a bit to enter all the data. I'll start with just starting fives and see if we need to expand.

Here is what I did. I didn't try to figure out starting lineups, I just took the first five drafted on each team. We can modify and resubmit easy enough. Here's the entry into ChatGPT:

There is a hypothetical basketball league called the Wikkid Cup. This league contains 20 teams. The names and rosters of the starting five are listed below.

Team Caustic: Nikola Jokic, Jamal Murray, Quentin Grimes, Immanuel Quickley and Grant Williams

Team Son of PIK: Tyrese Haliburton, Karl-Anthony Towns, Brandon Ingram, Zion Williamson and Kyrie Irving

Team Son of Yo Mama: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Darius Garland, Marcus Smart, Herb Jones, and Nikola Vucevic

Team Eephus: Anthony Edwards, Anthony Davis, Jaylen Brown, Jabari Smith Jr, Russell Westbrook

Team Kev4029: Luka Doncic, Stephen Curry, Trey Murphy, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, and Wendell Carter Jr.

Team Desert Power: Victor Wembanyama, Damian Lillard, Derrick White, Aaron Gordon, and Corey Kispert

Team The Moops: Jayson Tatum, Jaden McDaniels, Paul George, Alex Caruso, and Dennis Schroder

Team thecatch: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Chet Holmgren, Keegan Murray, Julius Randle, and Bennedict Mathurin

Team Corporation: Desmond Bane, Dejounte Murray, Kristaps Porzingis, Nicolas Claxton, and Tyus Jones

Team nysfl2: Joel Embiid, Donovan Mitchell, Austin Reaves, Cam Thomas, and Josh Green

Team Frostillicus: Devin Booker, Bam Adebayo, Jrue Holiday, Shaedon Sharpe, and Kyle Anderson

Team Scoobus: Cade Cunningham, Walker Kessler, Alperen Sengun, Jerami Grant, and Andrew Wiggins

Team Instinctive: Paolo Banchero, O.G. Anunoby, Myles Turner, Luguentz Dort, and Dorian Finney-Smith

Team PIK95: LaMelo Ball, Domantas Sabonis, Trae Young, Bruce Brown, and Jalen Johnson

Team FatMax: Jalen Brunson, Lauri Markkanen, DeMar DeRozan, Scottie Barnes, and Jarrett Allen

Team Yo Mama: Mikal Bridges, Kevin Durant, De'Aaron Fox, Mark Williams, and Draymond Green

Team Trader Jake: Evan Mobley, Devin Vassell, Kawhi Leonard, Brook Lopez, and Ja Morant

Team dunfee555: Jaren Jackson, Jalen Williams, LeBron James, Michael Porter Jr., Malik Beasley

Team Jayrod: Tyrese Maxey, Franz Wagner, Jimmy Butler, Malcolm Brogdon, Bobby Portis

Team Chemical X: Jalen Duren, Josh Giddey, Pascal Siakam, Kyle Kuzma, and Ausar Thompson

Please rank these teams from best to worst with a brief description of why you think the ranking is appropriate.

Here is the answer:

Sure, here's a ranking based on the provided rosters:

1. Team FatMax: DeMar DeRozan and Lauri Markkanen provide scoring options while Jalen Brunson and Scottie Barnes offer depth. Their combination of scoring and versatility makes them a strong team.
  2. Team Instinctive: Paolo Banchero and Myles Turner provide a solid frontcourt, complemented by defensive-minded players like O.G. Anunoby and Luguentz Dort. They have a balanced lineup with defensive prowess.
  3. Team Kev4029: With Stephen Curry and Luka Doncic, this team boasts incredible offensive firepower. They might lack in defensive strength but compensate with scoring potential.
  4. Team Yo Mama: Kevin Durant leads this team, supported by Mikal Bridges and De'Aaron Fox. They have a balanced mix of scoring and defensive capabilities.
  5. Team Chemical X: Jalen Duren and Pascal Siakam offer strength in the frontcourt, while the roster has potential in both offense and defense.
  6. Team Son of PIK: Karl-Anthony Towns and Zion Williamson form a strong frontcourt, while Tyrese Haliburton and Brandon Ingram add versatility. They have a balanced roster.
  7. Team Scoobus: Cade Cunningham's playmaking ability, coupled with a mix of promising young talents, provides potential for growth and a balanced team.
  8. Team Trader Jake: Boasting Kawhi Leonard, this team has potential if healthy, but concerns about health and depth could impact their performance.
  9. Team Eephus: Anthony Davis brings star power, but the team might face challenges with cohesion and depth compared to others.
  10. Team PIK95: LaMelo Ball and Trae Young provide dynamic guard play, but the team might struggle defensively and in terms of size.
  11. Team Corporation: Solid players like Dejounte Murray and Kristaps Porzingis are present, but they might lack the star power needed to compete at the highest level.
  12. Team Desert Power: Damian Lillard and Victor Wembanyama offer skill, but the team might lack depth and defensive solidity.
  13. Team nysfl2: Joel Embiid and Donovan Mitchell are strong, but the supporting cast might need more depth to contend against stronger teams.
  14. Team Jayrod: Jimmy Butler provides leadership, but the team might lack the star power and depth to compete consistently.
  15. Team The Moops: Jayson Tatum stands out, but the team might face challenges due to reliance on a single star player.
  16. Team thecatch: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is a bright spot, but the roster might lack the star power and depth needed to compete against stronger lineups.
  17. Team dunfee555: LeBron James is a standout, but concerns regarding depth and support for him could impact the team's performance.
  18. Team Caustic: Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray are talented, but the team might lack the depth and defensive prowess compared to others.
  19. Team Son of Yo Mama: Giannis Antetokounmpo stands out, but concerns about the supporting cast's consistency and depth could hinder their performance.
  20. Team Frostillicus: While Devin Booker provides talent, the team might struggle due to lack of depth and supporting cast compared to other teams.

And just for fun, I had another request ...

Please write a scathing review for Team Frostiliicus

Here's the response :ROFLMAO:

Team Frostillicus, oh, where do we begin? This team seems to be skating on the thinnest ice imaginable within the Wikkid Cup. A collection of players that resembles more of a hastily assembled pickup game at the local YMCA than a competitive basketball roster.

Devin Booker, their supposed star, finds himself adrift in a sea of mediocrity, desperately clutching at the wreckage of a team that lacks depth, diversity, and any semblance of strategic composition. His talent is akin to a lone flower valiantly blooming in a barren, forgotten garden.

Their hope for a solid defense rests on Jrue Holiday, but expecting one player to hold down the fort against the offensive juggernauts of the Wikkid Cup is akin to asking a single soldier to defend a castle against a siege. The lack of defensive prowess throughout the roster is like leaving a door wide open for opponents to stroll in and score at will.

The supporting cast? A mix of players who seem lost in their roles or, worse yet, incapable of meeting the demands of top-tier competition. Bam Adebayo's potential feels squandered amidst this group, and Kyle Anderson's contributions, or lack thereof, seem more suited for benchwarmers than a starting lineup in a league of this caliber.

Shaedon Sharpe and the rest of the lineup are like bystanders who accidentally stumbled onto the court, looking bewildered and out of place, unsure of why they are even part of this ensemble. Their presence serves as a constant reminder of the team's inadequacy in securing players who could significantly impact the game.

In essence, Team Frostillicus might be more aptly named Team Frigid, embodying a cold, uninspiring display that's destined to melt away under the fiery competition of the Wikkid Cup.

The question:

ChatGPT answers:

Yes! I’ll add it to my consolidated rankings
You want me to throw darts at these team and give you a ranking?

Here is the answer:

1. Team FatMax: DeMar DeRozan and Lauri Markkanen provide scoring options while Jalen Brunson and Scottie Barnes offer depth. Their combination of scoring and versatility makes them a strong team.
  2. Team Instinctive: Paolo Banchero and Myles Turner provide a solid frontcourt, complemented by defensive-minded players like O.G. Anunoby and Luguentz Dort. They have a balanced lineup with defensive prowess.
  3. Team Kev4029: With Stephen Curry and Luka Doncic, this team boasts incredible offensive firepower. They might lack in defensive strength but compensate with scoring potential.
  4. Team Yo Mama: Kevin Durant leads this team, supported by Mikal Bridges and De'Aaron Fox. They have a balanced mix of scoring and defensive capabilities.
  5. Team Chemical X: Jalen Duren and Pascal Siakam offer strength in the frontcourt, while the roster has potential in both offense and defense.
  6. Team Son of PIK: Karl-Anthony Towns and Zion Williamson form a strong frontcourt, while Tyrese Haliburton and Brandon Ingram add versatility. They have a balanced roster.
  7. Team Scoobus: Cade Cunningham's playmaking ability, coupled with a mix of promising young talents, provides potential for growth and a balanced team.
  8. Team Trader Jake: Boasting Kawhi Leonard, this team has potential if healthy, but concerns about health and depth could impact their performance.
  9. Team Eephus: Anthony Davis brings star power, but the team might face challenges with cohesion and depth compared to others.
  10. Team PIK95: LaMelo Ball and Trae Young provide dynamic guard play, but the team might struggle defensively and in terms of size.
  11. Team Corporation: Solid players like Dejounte Murray and Kristaps Porzingis are present, but they might lack the star power needed to compete at the highest level.
  12. Team Desert Power: Damian Lillard and Victor Wembanyama offer skill, but the team might lack depth and defensive solidity.
  13. Team nysfl2: Joel Embiid and Donovan Mitchell are strong, but the supporting cast might need more depth to contend against stronger teams.
  14. Team Jayrod: Jimmy Butler provides leadership, but the team might lack the star power and depth to compete consistently.
  15. Team The Moops: Jayson Tatum stands out, but the team might face challenges due to reliance on a single star player.
  16. Team thecatch: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is a bright spot, but the roster might lack the star power and depth needed to compete against stronger lineups.
  17. Team dunfee555: LeBron James is a standout, but concerns regarding depth and support for him could impact the team's performance.
  18. Team Caustic: Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray are talented, but the team might lack the depth and defensive prowess compared to others.
  19. Team Son of Yo Mama: Giannis Antetokounmpo stands out, but concerns about the supporting cast's consistency and depth could hinder their performance.
  20. Team Frostillicus: While Devin Booker provides talent, the team might struggle due to lack of depth and supporting cast compared to other teams.
Nevermind...someone beat me to it.

Here is the answer:

Nevermind...someone beat me to it.

Its all for fun. There's no way I'm the top team in this league.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread