What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hot Take: German Chocolate Cake Is The Best Cake (1 Viewer)

Henry is absolutely correct about this.

On the subject of cheesecake I was at a graduation this past weekend.  It was determined that we would all go to the Cheesecake Factory after for a late lunch/early dinner.  We arrive at 3:30.  They had outdoor seating for maybe 100 folks.  Sitting out there were two 20-something males with man buns.  They were each wearing sandals with socks on.  There were no other persons on the veranda. They were sharing one slice of cheesecake between them.  Two guys, two forks, one cheesecake on Friday afternoon at 3:30.  I commented on them presuming them to be gay. My nieces maintained that this was not necessarily so, laughing that I would emphasize that it was Friday at 3:30 among other evaluative factors.  I maintained my position saying that no two heterosexual males in the history of heterosexuality have ever met to share a cheesecake at Friday afternoon at 3:30.  If you meet a buddy in the afternoon, playing hookie from work, you meet for beers and wings or beers and some ribs, you do not share a piece of cheesecake between the two of you. 

Now mind you I was fine with those two fellas enjoying their Friday afternoon as they saw fit. 
Maybe they worked in IT.  

I'll agree with HF re: German Chocolate cake, but can we all agree that pie is 1000x better than cake?
Absolutely. Most cake requires ice cream accompaniment for me. 

Oh.. Pie - Brownies - Cake

Last edited by a moderator:
You haven't had the right red velvet cake with the right butter cream (roux) frosting then. 
Maybe not, but I've had red velvet from a few places that supposedly have the best red velvet cake ever and have left wondering what the fuss is all about.  Just a standard chocolate cake is better.

Maybe not, but I've had red velvet from a few places that supposedly have the best red velvet cake ever and have left wondering what the fuss is all about.  Just a standard chocolate cake is better.
Red Velvet is not a thing.

FACT!

What kind of bizarro person claims German chocolate cake is their favorite. This needs a deep dive into Mr Ford’s other culinary choices to flesh things out

Are there not gay hipsters?  I ask because I do not know.  Frankly all social norms by those under 40 confuse the hell out of me. Take "I appreciate you".  it seems to have taken the place of "thanks", but when, why, and how?  It is endemic.

I may need a life coach to catch me up on the generations.  The thing is I not only do not really care for the confusing ways of the young I actually have contempt for them so I may be tough to coach up.
I’m sure there are gay hipsters, but the stereotypical gay male cares far too much about fashion to man bun or wear socks with sandals. I’m not really sure if the latter goes with hipsters either, more of a middle aged schlub look.

I will usually take pie, unless it is an inferior pie and superior cake, brownies are a third so distant I wouldn’t even think to get them. 
This all depends on whether it one of those moist, fudgy brownies or one of the dry cake like ones.  fudgy brownie > pie > cake > cake brownie

German Chocolate was my favorite cake since I was a child. And I won't ever turn it down. Ever.  But, once I discovered Tres Leches, German Chocolate slid to #2. And speaking of #2, Red Velvet cake is a cruel thing to serve for dessert without some kind of warning about the next morning.

You'll have to share with me some time where to get a good King Cake.  I've had them for years in LA and TX and they always seem to be a crappy dry cake that gets by on the novelty of having a baby baked inside.

[as an aside, what you’re really talking about is called Ermine frosting/icing, and it’s also an acceptable Red Velvet icing: it’s not actually called buttercreme/buttercream]

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread