What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1 point for every food item you would not eat (1 Viewer)

0.  There’s a few items I don’t really care for (carrots, raisins) but have eaten them all and would eat again under the right circumstances 

4 - peanut butter, egg plant, grapefruit, mayonnaise.

Had to think about ketchup and nutella though.

Never had liver nor snails, but I'd try them.

0 - yogurt and liver are the only iffy ones but frozen yogurt counts and I could/would eat liver but not making an effort to find it.

4 - peanut butter, egg plant, grapefruit, mayonnaise.

Had to think about ketchup and nutella though.

Never had liver nor snails, but I'd try them.
Egg plant is awesome, IMO. But peanut butter? Oof. I couldn't live without peanut butter!

Egg plant is awesome, IMO. But peanut butter? Oof. I couldn't live without peanut butter!
Can't get past the texture with egg plant.

I long since understood that I am the one with the problem wrt peanut butter.  To get people to stop bothering me about it I told everyone I was allergic to it - until my brother outed me when I was 19.  I have this giant bag of different types of nuts in my office, have a couple handfuls every day.  But peanuts?  Oh, hell no.  It could be the 11th ingredient in a dish and I'll still smell it from across the room.  

2.5 - Liver, Beets.  The 0.5 is Tomatoes.  I hate them raw/sliced on sandwiches or plain, but I'm fine with them cooked or finely diced in salsa.

I get so sick of telling people that yes, I hate tomatoes.  Yes, I've tried them and I'm glad you think they are delicious, I find them awful.  Yes, I do like marinara sauce and even salsa.  Yes, I know marinara sauce and salsa are made from tomatoes.  After all the education, I still don't like them.

3 for me, but only because I've had raw fish, liver and snails before. Not a fan. I'd probably try fish and snails again but no way no how on liver.

10  I’ve always been a picky eater 

Liver 

oysters 

peas

celery 

Zucchini 

eggplant 

beets

tomatoes 

Mushrooms 

snails

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably just liver. I prefer not to consume Ranch or Mayo in general, but I will. 

Brussel Sprouts

Liver

Tofu

Cabbage

Tea

Beets

Oysters

Cauliflower

Coconut

White Chocolate

Grapefruit

Snails

3 . Liver, beets and peas.  Though I'd eat Liver and Peas if I had to.  Beets give me hives so no chance I touch those.

So, we are Facebook now?

What's next, The following usernames deserve a vacation?

hey wait, that might work...

Damn, you people in double digits are missing out.  Not only is my count 0 but about 1/3 to 1/2 of the list are some of my favorite foods.

I’ve had everything on the list and the only ones I don’t eat enthusiastically are live and tofu.  But I’ve had some awesome chicken livers before so even that can be delicious. 

12. There are some of those that I don't like, but if they're in a dish, I will eat them.

Liver
Blue Cheese
Canned Tuna
Tofu
Zucchini
Eggplant
Beets
Nutella
Coconut
Olives
Snails
Coffee

Whats the deal with all the liver hate? The occasional liver & onions is pretty tasty. Several things on this list I don’t care for, but would eat. 

Also, since it didn’t say raw oysters I didn’t include it in my list of not being enthusiastic about them.  Will still eat them just not a fan.  Cooked oysters or oyster stew can be good though.

Zero. 

I wouldn't go out of my way to eat snails but if I'd eat a couple if somebody ordered them.

I'm not a huge fan of beef liver but grilled or fried chicken livers are great.

Zero - although I generally drink milk, coffee and tea, but I suppose I would eat it. Some of that stuff I don't really eat anymore but could eat it if necessary.

Can't get past the texture with egg plant.

I long since understood that I am the one with the problem wrt peanut butter.  To get people to stop bothering me about it I told everyone I was allergic to it - until my brother outed me when I was 19.  I have this giant bag of different types of nuts in my office, have a couple handfuls every day.  But peanuts?  Oh, hell no.  It could be the 11th ingredient in a dish and I'll still smell it from across the room.  
eggplant ...do it like the eye-talians.  Sliced fairly thin, let sit a bit with some salt to help draw out some moisture and add flavor.  Do the old flour, dip in beaten egg and then bread crumbs or panko and fry.  

I had an eggplant sub at a family run italian counter place - I ordered it because I thought it was something like veal scallopini.  It even tasted like meat.  Awesome.  

Zero. 

I wouldn't go out of my way to eat snails but if I'd eat a couple if somebody ordered them.

I'm not a huge fan of beef liver but grilled or fried chicken livers are great.
like a lot of stuff - snails are chewy and taste mostly like the butter/garlic they are cooked in - delicious.  

I am a liver fan - fried with bacon and onions.  Also big on chicken livers/gizzards.  

Love the braunschweiger too.   

If you haven't had foie gras - give it a shot, really rich.  

I suppose I would eat them all under the right circumstances, but I would not seek out Tofu or Liver, so I'll give myself a 2.

I've eaten everything on the list, and much more.  that said, if left to my own devices th4ere are 5 items I would not eat again, but will do so as to be polite in social situations.

Damn, you people in double digits are missing out.  Not only is my count 0 but about 1/3 to 1/2 of the list are some of my favorite foods.

I’ve had everything on the list and the only ones I don’t eat enthusiastically are live and tofu.  But I’ve had some awesome chicken livers before so even that can be delicious. 
I've eaten everything on that list...theres stuff i just dont like

0 - I've never had snails, wouldn't seek out a grapefruit at a fruit buffet and am not a big fan of "public" mayonnaise........but there's nothing there I wouldn't eat.  

2.5 - Liver, Beets.  The 0.5 is Tomatoes.  I hate them raw/sliced on sandwiches or plain, but I'm fine with them cooked or finely diced in salsa.

I get so sick of telling people that yes, I hate tomatoes.  Yes, I've tried them and I'm glad you think they are delicious, I find them awful.  Yes, I do like marinara sauce and even salsa.  Yes, I know marinara sauce and salsa are made from tomatoes.  After all the education, I still don't like them.
Right with you in tomatoes.  The texture is awful raw like that.  But love a good marinara or salsa when they are chopped finely. I don’t want big chunks of it though.

In addition there was something about them when I was younger that if I had raw tomatoes I’d break out in hives.  Hasn’t happened in many years, but still.

Ask while I’d eat them if I had to...I typically avoid mustard, most mayo based things, canned tuna is nasty...and pickles.  Used to love little baby dills when I was younger.  Would go through half a jar easy.  Just lost all taste for them.

Users who are viewing this thread