What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you could bring back one discontinued food product… (1 Viewer)

If you wanna be a stickler for sourcing, I believe the Subway seafood and crab was made using pulverized pollack shaped into crab-like pieces. All I know is that my kids liked it, and I did too. I bet it would do well in a blind taste test. I'm seeing a little bit of food snobbery in this thread.

I've always been fascinated with keeping hot foods hot....while keeping cold foods cold up until the EXACT millisecond they need to be joined in that blissful cacophony of taste. To that, I'd like to see the return of the McDLT.

I've always been fascinated with keeping hot foods hot....while keeping cold foods cold up until the EXACT millisecond they need to be joined in that blissful cacophony of taste. To that, I'd like to see the return

ETA the FULL version
WTF was the cheese on the cool side?

That's how the 80s were, man. We were flying by the seat of our pants into a brave new world. Sometimes we didn't think things fully thru.

I've always been fascinated with keeping hot foods hot....while keeping cold foods cold up until the EXACT millisecond they need to be joined in that blissful cacophony of taste. To that, I'd like to see the return of the McDLT.
Just go to In and Out. WA LA a McDLT minus the side of good fries.

There were two I had not seen in a while...but apparently are still made, not sure if its the same flavor/taste or not.
Rainblo gum. Not the little gumball ones...but the decent sized ones in the plastic sleeves. Used to get those after little league baseball games.
And Strawberry Charleston Chew candy bars. I can get the vanilla ones here or have seen them...but the strawberry nougat covered in chocolate was fantastic...especially refrigerated or in the freezer (but not fully frozen).

2 of my favorite things as a kid in NY were Jack in the Box tacos and White Castle. in HS, we’d go drinking, come home late and drive down northern blvd in search of the mythical “triple”….eating white castles, grabbing some microwaved burritos at 7-11 and devouring a pile of Jacks.

in NC, no white castle, but i can find frozen. but jack itb is not near me and no one does that style of awful deep fried taco with a half slice of real cheese….until burger king started selling knock offs. sheetz also had them. both bk and sheetz no longer carry and i crave some jacks.

Those tacos are horrible, in the best way possible. On it surface, a deep fried taco (lettuce and all) with American cheese sounds god-awful, but it works somehow. Thankfully I've got two in town
actually, they put the lettuce in after the full fry. but they do fry the shell and cheese and the meat like interior product. they were $1- each when i was in HS and tuesday was 2 fer 1. man, i spent many hours there with my buddies. the workers knew us and would always turn over the hot sauce bottle. they are technically food, but not quite, but man…..

Now I have to go to Jack soon just to try them. It's been a few years. I remember them being two for a buck for a long time. For five bucks you could get stuffed and have some impressive blowouts on the toilet the next day. I'd be surprised if they were any more than a dollar each even today.

I guess I just assumed that the lettuce was fried also ... it's all just so dang greasy it's hard to tell.
The cheese actually goes in after they come out of the fryer too, and the heat just melts it. Sometimes they come with the cheese not quite all the way melted

Doritos Black Pepper Jack was easily the best flavor and then they suddenly disappeared.

They also need to bring back the Ruffles All Dressed to the US market. It was basically a salt and vinegar chip with some barbecue flavor added. I've heard the Canadien version is even better

That's because Shuke is full of doodoo and is doing this as shtick so we look silly ordering one. What a kidder!
F'in' Shuke. That's a dirty trick, though I don't think I can even order in-person anymore at my local Taco Bell. Everything is touchscreen. Maybe at the drive-thru, but I never use it because they always screw up my order.
My high school buddies and I, rightly or wrongly, claim that the chilito (aka the chili cheese burrito) is only available because when our beloved Zantigo’s converted to Taco Bell and took it off the menu, we steadfastly continued to ask for it by name until they relented.

We only ever ate at the Newport KY location so as far as we knew, that was the only place you could still get it.
Zantigo still alive and well in Minnesota

Doritos Black Pepper Jack was easily the best flavor and then they suddenly disappeared.

They also need to bring back the Ruffles All Dressed to the US market. It was basically a salt and vinegar chip with some barbecue flavor added. I've heard the Canadien version is even better
Yes on those doritos...Taco flavor my 2nd favorite which is still around.

2 of my favorite things as a kid in NY were Jack in the Box tacos and White Castle. in HS, we’d go drinking, come home late and drive down northern blvd in search of the mythical “triple”….eating white castles, grabbing some microwaved burritos at 7-11 and devouring a pile of Jacks.

in NC, no white castle, but i can find frozen. but jack itb is not near me and no one does that style of awful deep fried taco with a half slice of real cheese….until burger king started selling knock offs. sheetz also had them. both bk and sheetz no longer carry and i crave some jacks.

Those tacos are horrible, in the best way possible. On it surface, a deep fried taco (lettuce and all) with American cheese sounds god-awful, but it works somehow. Thankfully I've got two in town
actually, they put the lettuce in after the full fry. but they do fry the shell and cheese and the meat like interior product. they were $1- each when i was in HS and tuesday was 2 fer 1. man, i spent many hours there with my buddies. the workers knew us and would always turn over the hot sauce bottle. they are technically food, but not quite, but man…..

Now I have to go to Jack soon just to try them. It's been a few years. I remember them being two for a buck for a long time. For five bucks you could get stuffed and have some impressive blowouts on the toilet the next day. I'd be surprised if they were any more than a dollar each even today.

I guess I just assumed that the lettuce was fried also ... it's all just so dang greasy it's hard to tell.
The cheese actually goes in after they come out of the fryer too, and the heat just melts it. Sometimes they come with the cheese not quite all the way melted
i wasn’t sure about the cheese, but i think you’re right….they fry the frozen shell and meatesque interior, then add shredded lettuce and the diagonal cheese half with a squirt of sauce…..and into the baggie. i know they exist somewhere, but i can’t even buy them frozen and a copycat recipe seems daunting.

Another one that was awesome were Land O Lakes frosted butter cookies. Just awesome buttery goodness all around, once opened the entire package would get eaten immediately

I'm dead with laughter thinking about ordering seafood at Subway.

That's a triple-dog dare.

When I was a senior in high school I went on a date with a guy that took me to Subway before a movie and ordered that seafood monstrosity.

I decided right then and there that there was absolutely nothing he could do to get a second date, but I would at least be nice enough to finish the date. About 20 minutes into the movie he put his arm around me and leaned in to kiss me. All I could think about was that seafood sub. Before he could kiss me I got up and said "I have to use the restroom."

I ran out of the theatre and across a 6 lane highway to the bowling alley across the street and called my parents and asked them to come get me I never spoke to him again even though we had 2 classes together. He also became a very well known and successful lawyer in Michigan. No regrets!!!

There was a cereal called Body Buddies in the 80s that in my memory was so great and impactful that I still meander the cereal aisle and look for it.
Internet remembers it and shows no signs of it retuning but I’ll keep up my watch.

Users who are viewing this thread