What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you could bring back one discontinued food product… (1 Viewer)

Planters Cheese Balls came back but they are not the same, or at least not the way I remember them. I’m sure the hippies had whatever delicious oil that was in the original banned
These came to mind first when thinking about this topic. There's a few more things like this on sort of life support or reinvented I thought of too - Bob's Big Boy original Big Boy burger (I think you can still get them at like 4 restaurants here in socal but I haven't tried), Hostess fruit pies, RC Cola. Stuff you have to work to get that used to be closer to ubiquitous. AW drive ins are mostly/completely gone too - I liked their burgers and of course their root beer floats.
Can still get a Big Boy combo in Burbank and on the way to Palm Springs. Glorious

I also am not ashamed to admit that I liked the KFC double down.

KFC potato wedges >>>> their fries

Taco Bell Chili Cheese Burrito. No contest.
Came here to post this. Chilito FTW!

Maybe not so much "discontinued" as "only offered for a limited time a couple times in the last many years"...Taco Bell rolled chicken tacos. Best thing on their menu and I hate I can't get them whenever I want.
We got chilitos for two weeks total, in the last 20-25 years in RI. That's pretty limited imo.

Used to really like the Zaxby's Zensation salad. They bring it back once a year, but it's not the same as the old regular menu salad.

Jersey Mike’s meatball sub. Got rid of it during the pandemic. Best quick meatball sub around here other than going to a restaurant.

Came in to post this - I knew them as Danish Go-Rounds, but probably the same thing.

Maybe the Stones patterned their logo after them.

For northeast folks - do any of you remember papa genos selling a steak and cheese sub? It was bomb
There is one Papa Gino’s left in CT. Unfortunately, they are now combined with Dangelo’s and the original PG steak and cheese sub has been replaced with the Dangelo’s version. Still good, but not on the same level as the PG version.

Yeah... I'm in MA. While I like the D'Angelos steak and cheese, the Papa Gino's one had a different roll and was a nice change. I wish they stayed as separate establishments. Side note, they also dropped the burger and fry baskets since D'Angelos has burger subs, but those are meh.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread