What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Question for Detroiters... Detroitians... People from Detroit (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
I got here on Monday and the entire car ride from the airport to the work plant, it was like a never ending snow globe of white dandelion looking things floating through the air.  It genuinely looks like it's snowing.  But what's weird is that it's been doing that non stop since Monday.  No matter where we go west of the city (not Canada), these white things are blowing around.  It's crazy.  Is this normal?  There are actual accumulations alongside the sidewalks and other areas.  It looks like a down feather truck exploded.  But even then, it probably wouldn't have lasted this long.  It's really a strange sight.

I got here on Monday and the entire car ride from the airport to the work plant, it was like a never ending snow globe of white dandelion looking things floating through the air.  It genuinely looks like it's snowing.  But what's weird is that it's been doing that non stop since Monday.  No matter where we go west of the city (not Canada), these white things are blowing around.  It's crazy.  Is this normal?  There are actual accumulations alongside the sidewalks and other areas.  It looks like a down feather truck exploded.  But even then, it probably wouldn't have lasted this long.  It's really a strange sight.
Yes it’s normal but this year is abnormally heavy from my experience. Also it only usually lasts a week or so. Cottonwood trees are what’s giving it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a pretty sight if you have seasonal allergies. More like a slap in the face. 
I have horrendous allergies and I've been great up here.  I used to only not be allergic to cats and dogs.  Looks like I can add Cottonwood to that list.

It’s not normally an allergen- it just looks like it should be. 
Makes sense.  If you can be allergic to it, I have that allergy.  I've been spared against cats and dogs, though, so that's a bonus.  

I can't believe I managed to come to Detroit the week the Tigers were gone.  I was hoping to cross off another baseball stadium from my list.  But, noooo.  

Thanks a lot, Trump.  :angry:

Makes sense.  If you can be allergic to it, I have that allergy.  I've been spared against cats and dogs, though, so that's a bonus.  

I can't believe I managed to come to Detroit the week the Tigers were gone.  I was hoping to cross off another baseball stadium from my list.  But, noooo.  

Thanks a lot, Trump.  :angry:
I can make recommendations of other things to do, what do you like 

Ilov80s said:
I can make recommendations of other things to do, what do you like 
We pretty much have been working 13 hour days.  I leave at 7 pm tonight.  Can't wait to be back in my own bed.

Yes the cottonwood snow usually lasts a week or so but I agree this year have been heavier than usual maybe because of all the rain.   I golf on Tuesdays and the fairway looked like it has 1000 golf balls on it.

Yes the cottonwood snow usually lasts a week or so but I agree this year have been heavier than usual maybe because of all the rain.   I golf on Tuesdays and the fairway looked like it has 1000 golf balls on it.
It's like what a snowstorm in warm weather would look like.

I think it's the rain. My whole garden is just flourishing right now. One of the best springs I can recall for the flowers, herbs, plants, etc. 

Ilov80s said:
It’s not normally an allergen- it just looks like it should be. 
tell that to my ears, eyes and nose.  the last 2 weeks have been bad and I'm taking daily meds for it that don't seem to faze it

TheIronSheik said:
The Tigers play the Royals tonight in Omaha.

tell that to my ears, eyes and nose.  the last 2 weeks have been bad and I'm taking daily meds for it that don't seem to faze it
Supposedly it is other pollens that look less threatening that are more likely to cause allergies but IDK, just saying what I've heard. Sorry to hear about your troubles there. 

Users who are viewing this thread