Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Capella

2019-20 NBA Thread: Report: Jacob Evans feeling pressure of carrying on Warriors dynasty

1 hour ago, Jayrod said:

This Luka kid may be for reals.

Looks like a combination of Bird and Magic.

Did you not watch him last year?  dude is a beast 

1 hour ago, Major said:

Did you not watch him last year?  dude is a beast 

Only a couple of times, but he wasn't even an all-star last year.

Right now he is playing like an all-NBA player and fringe MVP candidate. 

9 hours ago, Jayrod said:

Only a couple of times, but he wasn't even an all-star last year.

Right now he is playing like an all-NBA player and fringe MVP candidate. 

This actually got me looking into the way too early look at the MVP race.  Right now I'd have them as follows:

1. Giannis - #1 in PER, Box +/-, WS/48 and VORP.  Right now this really isn't close.
  2. LeBron - He is doing his thing at 34 yrs old.  Dominating on both ends of the floor and leading his team to wins.  He is the only guy besides the aforementioned freak who is top 10 in both offensive and defensive win shares.
  3. Doncic - I said fringe earlier, and what I meant was he is actually in the running.  He is slightly ahead of LeBron in most of the advanced stats.  He just isn't the defensive player LBJ is and his team's record isn't as good.
  4. Lillard - So far this season he is the best offensive player in the league.  But he is a bit of a liability on defense and his team has a losing record.
  5. KAT - He is top 8 in all of the major advanced stats and is averaging 25.5/12.1/4.3 with 1.4 steals & 1.8 blocks per game.  And the T-wolves have a winning record.

Next tier would include Davis, Harden & Walker.  Embiid & Kawhi are both hurt by missing two games, but are close.

Edited by Jayrod

anteater is a beast from the planet destructodunkatron and he is here to funk up the nba like no one has ever laid the funk down before take that to the bank bromigos

• Like 3

De’Aaron Fox suffers a severe ankle sprain in practice just as the Kings start to show a little bit of a pulse. He could miss until the all star break or longer. Tankathon.com here I come...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, thecatch said:

De’Aaron Fox suffers a severe ankle sprain in practice just as the Kings start to show a little bit of a pulse. He could miss until the all star break or longer. Tankathon.com here I come...

all star break or longer for a sprain?  holy crap

7 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

all star break or longer for a sprain?  holy crap

Grade 3.  Average time missed is 33 games, apparently, and I don’t expect the team to have a major reason to rush him back. 

On the topic of ankle sprains - Landry Shamet has a grade 2 sprain and his timetable to return is TBD.
Paul George on the other hand, is expected to make his Clipper debut on Thursday vs the Pelicans. 
Kawhi will likely sit out vs. Houston on Wednesday.

In short, skip the Rockets game, tune in to witness the Pelicans get beat-down the night after.

Sixers should think about limiting their shooting of 3s in a game to 3/game when they are having an "off" night

Edited by modogg

[Stephen A. Smith voice] THE NETS STINK!!!

2 hours ago, modogg said:

Sixers should think about limiting their shooting of 3s in a game to 3/game when they are having an "off" night

Tobias was 0/11 :mellow:

The Suns, in the other hand, were swishing 3's with their eyes closed. 

10 teams are over .700 right now.

EDT:  It obviously won't keep up, but there hasn't been an NBA season in over 10 years where there was even more than THREE teams over .700 at year's end.

Edited by Deamon

6 hours ago, Jayrod said:

Tobias was 0/11 :mellow:

Yea. I like him overall and as a person, but keeping him instead of Butler was a big mistake. Not sure whether they had a choice or not though.