Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Joe Bryant

Using The Word "Owner" For Fantasy Sports Teams - What Do You Think?

What Do You Think Of FBG Avoiding Using "Owner"?  

176 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We’re talking about fantasy football right? Sorry, I think this is a bit much.

I do agree however that this is your show though Joe, and you can do whatever you feel is right. 

Edited by BroncoFreak_2K3

42 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Joe can do whatever he wants and call things whatever he wants.  He OWNS the business.

Only until he hires a black staff member, then he'll GM the business.

42 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Joe can do whatever he wants and call things whatever he wants.  He OWNS the business.

Only until he hires a black staff member, then he'll GM the business.

2 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

You probably didn’t watch the video (and who could blame you) but Steven A. was actually thought it was ridiculous that the NBA was doing away with the word “owner”. He said they own their teams.

My apologies to Steven A.  Now I'll have to watch/read Steven A's material before I read Joe's.

12 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

My apologies to Steven A.  Now I'll have to watch/read Steven A's material before I read Joe's.

There's nothing that can make me do this. Nothing.

7 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

Does Joe just drop this here and see what happens?  Seems odd to just drop this nugget and not come back to defend it

Huge point there.

The title of the post is "Using The Word "Owner" For Fantasy Sports Teams - What Do You Think?"

I'm not looking to "defend" anything. I asked people what they thought. I do that a lot. 

4 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Huge point there.

The title of the post is "Using The Word "Owner" For Fantasy Sports Teams - What Do You Think?"

I'm not looking to "defend" anything. I asked people what they thought. I do that a lot. 

That was a very long and detailed original post to do nothing more than ask what people thought.  Are you serious?

You made a rule change in your league about the word owner, then defended it in your next paragraph.

Smh 

Edited by ghostguy123
  • Like 2

Joe's staff is a perfect reflection of the majority of FF owners here. Male, older, and white.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

That was a very long and detailed original post to do nothing more than ask what people thought.  Are you serious?

Absolutely serious. Asking what people think is most of what I post. 

• Like 1

Just now, Joe Bryant said:

Read my edit.  You spent half your post defending your thoughts.

17 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Huge point there.

This is not a good look for you. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

@Joe Bryant would you say you and @David Dodds own Footballguys?

(soon be called  Footballpersons)

:popcorn: 

Edited by [icon]
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

9 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Why do you care so much about what other people think?

4 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

This is not a good look for you. 

Thanks for the feedback. 

1 minute ago, bradyfan said:

Why do you care so much about what other people think?

I've always tried to be aware of what folks think. I'm interested in it as I think people and how they see things are interesting. 

And I'm interested in good discussion. Which is part of why I love our forums. 

• Like 2

Any time you're embarrassed to be on the other side of a conversation (I want to stress that I love my new brothers and sisters-in-arms) you've gotta take a look in the mirror.

I just don't think I can feel correct about myself if I call myself the "owner" of a team, especially given that I manage mostly redraft teams. 

I apologize sincerely to my former colleagues, former staff, mentors...

9 minutes ago, [icon] said:

@Joe Bryant would you say you and @David Dodds own Footballguys?

(soon be called  Footballpersons)

:popcorn: 

@Joe Bryant it appears in the flurry of activity you missed my question, I’ll bump it for ya 👍

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Any time you're embarrassed to be on the other side of a conversation (I want to stress that I love my new brothers and sisters-in-arms) you've gotta take a look in the mirror.

I just don't think I can feel correct about myself if I call myself the "owner" of a team, especially given that I manage mostly redraft teams. 

I apologize sincerely to my former colleagues, former staff, mentors...

Then you'd be more of a landlord I would think..

One -year leases.

• Like 1

Just now, identikit said:

Then you'd be more of a landlord I would think..

One -year leases.

Yup. I brush up on my tenant rights and responsibilities portion of real estate law every year to make sure nothing has changed. 

I have news. It doesn't. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Huge point there.

Joe, do you think changing owner to GM will change any one's perception of us?
Do you think we care if it doesn't? I don't.

And by perception, I mean a group of men playing a stupid game/hobby to the point where some leagues
have championship rings made.

Changing that word changes nothing, except, maybe the business image you want for this site.
I understand why you would want to change it. The future is trending that way and the majority
of people here are not part of it.

To me, changing that term makes me look guilty of being a racist.  We do not use the term "owner"
in a racist manner. That should be the end of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nightmare said:

And by perception, I mean a group of men playing a stupid game/hobby to the point where some leagues
have championship rings made.

Changing that word changes nothing, except, maybe the business image you want for this site.
I understand why you would want to change it. The future is trending that way and the majority
of people here are not part of it.

To me, changing that term makes me look guilty of being a racist.  We do not use the term "owner"
in a racist manner. That should be the end of it.

Thank you for the honest feedback. 

I disagree very much with your last point. I don't think it makes you look guilty in the least. It's just a decision I made for what we're going to do here. 

Clearly, most folks don't agree with me. Including Stephen A. Smith. And that's ok. 

I hope my post didn't imply I thought you were guilty of anything. That wasn't my intent in the least and I apologize if that's how it came across. 

3 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Thank you for the honest feedback. 

I disagree very much with your last point. I don't think it makes you look guilty in the least. It's just a decision I made for what we're going to do here. 

Clearly, most folks don't agree with me. Including Stephen A. Smith. And that's ok. 

I hope my post didn't imply I thought you were guilty of anything. That wasn't my intent in the least and I apologize if that's how it came across. 

You didn't accuse me of anything. we're good on that. 
Could you please answer my first two questions?

Just now, nightmare said:

You didn't accuse me of anything. we're good on that. 
Could you please answer my first two questions?

Thanks.

For sure I don't think it'll change anyone's perception of you. I don't know, but I'd guess many would feel like you and not care. 

Just now, Joe Bryant said:

Thanks.

For sure I don't think it'll change anyone's perception of you. I don't know, but I'd guess many would feel like you and not care. 

Dude.  Don't do this to your site.  

10 hours ago, SayWhat? said:

This is idiotic.  My Lord.

/thread

Probably so. I asked what you thought and I think you guys have made yourself clear. Thanks for that as I'm always interested there in what you think. If anyone wants to continue the conversation, please send a PM. 

I can see reading back over the post that this could have been seen as me being judgmental or condemning and I apologize. I'm not at all trying to tell anyone else what to do. I was relating what we've done and noted Stephen A. Smith didn't agree with me and asked for your thoughts. Thanks for sharing your take on it. 

We'll put this thread out of it's (my :bag: ) misery. On to other topics. 

Edited by Joe Bryant