What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Using The Word "Owner" For Fantasy Sports Teams - What Do You Think? (1 Viewer)

What Do You Think Of FBG Avoiding Using "Owner"?

• Totally agree with FBG in avoiding using "Owner"

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Mostly agree with with FBG in avoiding using "Owner"

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Slightly agree with FBG in avoiding using "Owner"

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • On The Fence / Don't Care

Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Slightly disagree with FBG in avoiding using "Owner"

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Mostly disagree with FBG in avoiding using "Owner"

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Totally disagree with FBG in avoiding using "Owner"

Votes: 117 66.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Joe just drop this here and see what happens?  Seems odd to just drop this nugget and not come back to defend it
Huge point there.

The title of the post is "Using The Word "Owner" For Fantasy Sports Teams - What Do You Think?"

I'm not looking to "defend" anything. I asked people what they thought. I do that a lot. 

Joe Bryant said:
Huge point there.

The title of the post is "Using The Word "Owner" For Fantasy Sports Teams - What Do You Think?"

I'm not looking to "defend" anything. I asked people what they thought. I do that a lot. 
That was a very long and detailed original post to do nothing more than ask what people thought.  Are you serious?

You made a rule change in your league about the word owner, then defended it in your next paragraph.

Smh 

Last edited by a moderator:
Any time you're embarrassed to be on the other side of a conversation (I want to stress that I love my new brothers and sisters-in-arms) you've gotta take a look in the mirror.

I just don't think I can feel correct about myself if I call myself the "owner" of a team, especially given that I manage mostly redraft teams. 

I apologize sincerely to my former colleagues, former staff, mentors...

Any time you're embarrassed to be on the other side of a conversation (I want to stress that I love my new brothers and sisters-in-arms) you've gotta take a look in the mirror.

I just don't think I can feel correct about myself if I call myself the "owner" of a team, especially given that I manage mostly redraft teams. 

I apologize sincerely to my former colleagues, former staff, mentors...
Then you'd be more of a landlord I would think..

One -year leases.

Joe Bryant said:
Huge point there.

Joe, do you think changing owner to GM will change any one's perception of us?
Do you think we care if it doesn't? I don't.

And by perception, I mean a group of men playing a stupid game/hobby to the point where some leagues
have championship rings made.

Changing that word changes nothing, except, maybe the business image you want for this site.
I understand why you would want to change it. The future is trending that way and the majority
of people here are not part of it.

To me, changing that term makes me look guilty of being a racist.  We do not use the term "owner"
in a racist manner. That should be the end of it.

And by perception, I mean a group of men playing a stupid game/hobby to the point where some leagues
have championship rings made.

Changing that word changes nothing, except, maybe the business image you want for this site.
I understand why you would want to change it. The future is trending that way and the majority
of people here are not part of it.

To me, changing that term makes me look guilty of being a racist.  We do not use the term "owner"
in a racist manner. That should be the end of it.
Thank you for the honest feedback. 

I disagree very much with your last point. I don't think it makes you look guilty in the least. It's just a decision I made for what we're going to do here. 

Clearly, most folks don't agree with me. Including Stephen A. Smith. And that's ok. 

I hope my post didn't imply I thought you were guilty of anything. That wasn't my intent in the least and I apologize if that's how it came across. 

Thank you for the honest feedback. 

I disagree very much with your last point. I don't think it makes you look guilty in the least. It's just a decision I made for what we're going to do here. 

Clearly, most folks don't agree with me. Including Stephen A. Smith. And that's ok. 

I hope my post didn't imply I thought you were guilty of anything. That wasn't my intent in the least and I apologize if that's how it came across. 
You didn't accuse me of anything. we're good on that. 
Could you please answer my first two questions?

You didn't accuse me of anything. we're good on that. 
Could you please answer my first two questions?
Thanks.

For sure I don't think it'll change anyone's perception of you. I don't know, but I'd guess many would feel like you and not care. 

This is idiotic.  My Lord.

/thread
Probably so. I asked what you thought and I think you guys have made yourself clear. Thanks for that as I'm always interested there in what you think. If anyone wants to continue the conversation, please send a PM. 

I can see reading back over the post that this could have been seen as me being judgmental or condemning and I apologize. I'm not at all trying to tell anyone else what to do. I was relating what we've done and noted Stephen A. Smith didn't agree with me and asked for your thoughts. Thanks for sharing your take on it. 

We'll put this thread out of it's (my :bag:  ) misery. On to other topics. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread