What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***New Not Tim League fantasy football league thread*** (1 Viewer)

Am I supposed to pick--or are we giving any grace periods?  After last night--I want confirmation from a few owners before I potentially draft out of turn.  

Am I supposed to pick--or are we giving any grace periods?  After last night--I want confirmation from a few owners before I potentially draft out of turn.  
Go ahead and draft. Why would you just selectively screw me over? These are the rules and 3 people chose to skip me yesterday. Go ahead, take your player. Nobody gave me a grace period, they were skipping me when the clock itself was off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go ahead and draft. Why would you just selectively screw me over? These are the rules and 3 people chose to skip me yesterday. Go ahead, take your player. Nobody gave me a grace period, they were skipping me when the clock itself was off.
Again, it's up to the person who is picking on what they want to do with their time. Let's not rehash this. 

If I miss my pick and time out I fully expect you to skip me and to keep the draft moving.  I know the rules and I would feel bad if I held the draft up.  
What if it was 7 minutes prior to the clock being turned off on the first day of the draft and then you continued to be skipped after the clock was off? It's not a binary equation, pal. Of course the rules are the rules, but there's also a little thing called humility and compassion for your fellow man.

The point of the clock is so we can all relax and breath without being skipped. I missed that luxury by 7 ####### minutes and then was continued to be skipped after the clock was off.

What if it was 7 minutes prior to the clock being turned off on the first day of the draft and then you continued to be skipped after the clock was off? It's not a binary equation, pal. Of course the rules are the rules, but there's also a little thing called humility and compassion for your fellow man.
I thought you told those other guys you just wanted to get back to picking?

The point of the clock is so we can all relax and breath without being skipped. I missed that luxury by 7 ####### minutes and then was continued to be skipped after the clock was off.
This is your last warning, Raptor. Let it go so we can move past this. 

This is your last warning, Raptor. Let it go so we can move past this. 
I want to move past this. But I want everyone else to, too. Why should everyone else be free to make comments about it, but the guy who's team was actually negatively impacted can't say anything? If everyone else can move on, I will too.

But I'm not going to sit here and have people humble brag about what they would have done in a situation they weren't actually in.

So the website is set up, but the picks aren’t in? Is there a reason we aren’t just drafting from the website instead of hoping someone updates the spreadsheet?

I have little doubt that this is all shtick, just like it was when you did it last year.  I also think you got skipped on purpose so you could do this, but if you want a serious answer, I wouldn't act like a 3 year old girl.  I would take responsibility for screwing up and then apologize to the league for the delay.  

Good luck with the rest of the draft and please stop trying to ruin the thread.

So we are all clear - when the clock is off - it doesn't mean we shouldn't pick, it just means they aren't under a time constraint. 

There are plenty of people that are up and interested in drafting.  

I have little doubt that this is all shtick, just like it was when you did it last year.  I also think you got skipped on purpose so you could do this, but if you want a serious answer, I wouldn't act like a 3 year old girl.  I would take responsibility for screwing up and then apologize to the league for the delay.  

Good luck with the rest of the draft and please stop trying to ruin the thread.
I'm not ruining the thread. You literally made a comment that was directed at me to which I responded. Glad to know how you would act in a hypothetical that didn't actually happen to you. I would "do the right thing too" if I was skipped in an honest and non-bush league manner.

Thanks for calling me a 3 year old girl @psychobillies, by the way. I'm sure to you that name calling me is in no way is "ruining the thread". That's quality posting to you, I'm sure.

So the website is set up, but the picks aren’t in? Is there a reason we aren’t just drafting from the website instead of hoping someone updates the spreadsheet?
There's still one team left to sign up. All the invites have been sent out. 

is @Bonzai the "top of the hour" guy?  And he's in session the rest of the time?  

If so, please send 3 picks to someone here so we can keep moving after @Quartz picks at the turn.  

It is not flexible enough.  You have 60 second time limits on picks and if you don't pick it goes into autodraft mode.  Not really made for a slow draft.  You have to do that manually like we are.  Last year we did have a site where someone was inputting the picks, so there was a list of available players you could look at.

If I miss my pick and time out I fully expect you to skip me and to keep the draft moving.  I know the rules and I would feel bad if I held the draft up.  
100% agree. My sin was much more egregious than anything anyone else did. It's following the rules for god's sake.

When I get to work before 7 I'm usually the only guy here, but when I pulled in today my boss' car was already in the parking lot. It turned out to be a good thing but it was the absolute worst time to be making football picks. The responsibility was mine no matter how much time was or wasn't left on the clock. My only regret was not being able to tell you guys to just skip me so you didn't have to wait the full hour.

@Raptors409 if you're going to act like this for the whole season I'll pay you $100 to leave the league and we'll find someone else to take your team. Nothing personal, it just seems like someone who's a little less passionate about Derrick Henry might be appropriate.

100% agree. My sin was much more egregious than anything anyone else did. It's following the rules for god's sake.

When I get to work before 7 I'm usually the only guy here, but when I pulled in today my boss' car was already in the parking lot. It turned out to be a good thing but it was the absolute worst time to be making football picks. The responsibility was mine no matter how much time was or wasn't left on the clock. My only regret was not being able to tell you guys to just skip me so you didn't have to wait the full hour.

@Raptors409 if you're going to act like this for the whole season I'll pay you $100 to leave the league and we'll find someone else to take your team. Nothing personal, it just seems like someone who's a little less passionate about Derrick Henry might be appropriate.
Act like what? If people are going to make jokes and comments at my expense, I'm going to respond. Like the comment I'm responding to right now, you literally quoted me. You and others in the league are initiating with me on a touchy issue and then getting upset when I respond. I'm still mad and the jokes and comments being made aren't making me any less mad. It wasn't funny yesterday and it's not funny now.

I'm over it. All I was doing was enforcing the same skip rule that was enforced against me yesterday. You got skipped because you weren't ready. Fair and square. Get over it. And what's with the comment, "who's a little less passionate about Derrick Henry might be appropriate". That's literally a direct insult. Do you realize you're talking out both sides of your mouth? So you want me not to act a certain way, but then you're going to insult me in the very next sentence.

How about this? You respect me. I respect you. Otherwise your words and everyone else's mean nothing. You can't tell someone how to act, then insult them in the next sentence.

Users who are viewing this thread