What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza III: FFA Music/Fantasy Football Draft - Congrats League Champ Pip's Invitation (4 Viewers)

Yeah the making lots of moves can be the key to winning but it also backfires. I believe I was the first person to add James Robinson here but before week 1 I saw other shiny new blurb and thought “so I really want an undrafted  RB on the Jags?” Obviously I would have been better off being patient and giving Robinson a week to see what I had.
Yep. I spent thirteen dollars on my stalwart so far. 

It's going to be interesting to see how he does. I wonder if he will throw an interception on the first series, especially the first play of the game. He did that often last year, but then threw for tons of yards to make up for it. He was great in most games for fantasy last year.
Hope he does great- made a big trade in the league I run last night. Traded Godwin and Gibson for Thomas. Godwin has to go back in the draft after this season but I get Thomas thru next year.

I owe a couple in here. I will make up this evening during the game (where Carlos Hyde is going for 100 yards and a score imo).

I see David Dodds is leaving FBG. Maybe I'll subscribe next year. 

It's going to be interesting to see how he does. I wonder if he will throw an interception on the first series, especially the first play of the game. He did that often last year, but then threw for tons of yards to make up for it. He was great in most games for fantasy last year.
Yep, he's the classic case of great in fantasy, terrible in real football. I have Allen on bye this week and had never had a 3rd QB, so I figured why not give it a try. 

Added:

Julian Edelman - WR, New England

Song: Duty Free

Artist: The Showcase Showdown

(righteous New England punk)

Chicago - Bears D/ST

Song: Dropout Girl

Artist: The Mushuganas

(righteous Chicago pop punk)

Jordan Reed - 49ers TE

Song: Fade Into Pretend

Artist: MGMT

(Reed was born in New Britain, not very far from Wesleyan, where MGMT was formed. If I drop him and pick him up again, I'll have the Hartford scene totally covered in this here very thread)

For the past 2 weeks I've been starting Gordon and Dobbins and didn't even get 20 points total from them. Today they combine for 36 while on the bench🤬

I did it in back to back weeks recently. You can do it!
Quite possible. I'm not being helped any by the recent COVID spate. Thielen and Aiyuk are on the list, and I'm really not sure who to start in place of them. Good think I have mad WR depth so far, but that's even no guarantee of being able to field an adequate enough lineup to keep pace with all you guys. Anybody can get it, for any team, and quickly, it seems. 

I did it in back to back weeks recently. You can do it!
Quite possible. I'm not being helped any by the recent COVID spate. Thielen and Aiyuk are on the list, and I'm really not sure who to start in place of them. Good think I have mad WR depth so far, but that's even no guarantee of being able to field an adequate enough lineup to keep pace with all you guys. Anybody can get it, for any team, and quickly, it seems. 
I'm hoping I can keep it close today, then going into Sunday and then my team can possibly get an uplifting emotional and skill boost to carry forward

In other words...

OMIGOD, OMIGOD

THAT'S AUSTIN EKELER'S MUSIC

:oldunsure:

The Peterson rage cut made me laugh out loud. 
That would be hilarious, but there was absolutely no rage in it. He was a placeholder for the COVID and IR guys and I'm just getting around to looking at it this morning. Mostert, Aiyuk, and Thielen are likely to need spots if they come off of IR. Plus, I can add guys for depth until Sunday with the empty spots. I had two in mind, just am still doing a little looking and poking.  

That I didn't start Peterson just speaks to how effective I thought he'd be. How wrong I was!

The worst part of this week has been not starting Tyrell Adams of HOU, who has scored 30 points from linebacker. I relegated him to the bench at 6:00 this morning, 9:00 EST. I'd woken up and looked at some FBG and MFL data that said Detroit had low tackle opportunities and low points against for LBs.

####.

Ah, but there's always Antonio Gibson to start the week off just right.

TONIO! 3 TDs today.
Antonio Gibson effectively ending my season here while pushing me towards the top in my dynasty league, where I only drafted him because of all the talk about him here. 

I think the Gibson, Dobbins, Ekeler, AJ Brown, Tyreek, McLaurin core over there... might just be okay going forward. 

Antonio Gibson effectively ending my season here while pushing me towards the top in my dynasty league, where I only drafted him because of all the talk about him here. 

I think the Gibson, Dobbins, Ekeler, AJ Brown, Tyreek, McLaurin core over there... might just be okay going forward. 
(@JZilla built the WR part of that core, I just came in and added the two best RBs in the 2020 draft... :bowtie: )

(@JZilla built the WR part of that core, I just came in and added the two best RBs in the 2020 draft... :bowtie: )
Also, it's a superflex and our two QBs are a combined 81 years old but dammit, it's working-ish 

I traded Gibson away before last weekends games as it was the trade deadline. It's a keep 4 players for up to 3 years 12 team league. Needed my team to win out plus get help to make playoffs so more for next year. Gave up Gibson and Godwin(goes back in draft) for Thomas and Hyde(have Carson).

Keepers for next year will be Dobbins,Robinson(or Carson),Thomas and Hopkins.

If we are doing the "Game cancelled due to Covid" contingency thing, my replacements for Ben and Claypool would be Drew Lock and Antonio Brown.

Users who are viewing this thread