What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 MLB Spring Training (4 Viewers)

He run straight back to the State Farm sign and then run sideways along the track  to the energy sign and jumps with his arm extended at 45 degrees and it goes an inch above his glove.   If he gets to the wall closer to the location of the ball, he can stick his arm at a more vertical angle to make the catch.
:lmao:     you didn;t even watch the replay.  just stop

I tend to only watch some post-season baseball since I am not really invested. The plate umpire was doing a horrible job on the strike zone and I was wondering, if there have been experiments with an automatic one? 
I mean it is there on TV for the world to see, but maybe it isn‘t calibrated well enough?

I tend to only watch some post-season baseball since I am not really invested. The plate umpire was doing a horrible job on the strike zone and I was wondering, if there have been experiments with an automatic one? 
I mean it is there on TV for the world to see, but maybe it isn‘t calibrated well enough?
I'd love to see a robot calling balls and strikes. The ump union will make sure there is still a live human at home plate for close plays at the plate, so everyone will eventually be happy.  In the meantime we will have to suffer the eyes of the current umps.

It ought to be fairly easy for them to do off the plate or not electronically. I’m not sure how high or low would work with the players being different heights. 

After some time to ponder it, I think that game was epic. 

Man, I can’t hardly watch football after that. Playoff baseball is so superior to football. The regular season just seems long and boring at times. 

Astros just released their WS roster. 

Devenski instead of Abreu appears to be the only change. 

Starting pitching in this might be epic but it’s tougher to get excited about playing Washington compared to NY. I hope the players don’t take them lightly. 

Don't think the Astros can do a bullpen game in game 3 or 4 in WAS, so do they go with Miley as the 4th starter?

if Fernando Rodney enters a World Series game for the Nationals, he will have pitched in the AL Wild Card, NL Wild Card, ALDS, NLDS, ALCS, NLCS and World Series for both an AL and NL team. The only other players to have accomplished this are Jon Lester, Ben Zobrist and Carlos Beltran.

if Fernando Rodney enters a World Series game for the Nationals, he will have pitched in the AL Wild Card, NL Wild Card, ALDS, NLDS, ALCS, NLCS and World Series for both an AL and NL team. The only other players to have accomplished this are Jon Lester, Ben Zobrist and Carlos Beltran.
Ben Zobrist and Carlos Beltran pitched more than I remembered.  (Realize you are just quoting someone.)

It's amazing how good this Astros team is.  I know it's hard to believe, but they have not broken out of their slump all postseason.  If not for amazing pitching, great defense and Jose Altuve, they would've lost to the Rays already.

I think I saw that the team (minus Altuve) is batting something like .172 in the postseason.  They've been lucky that even though guys are going 3 for 34, 1 of those three hits is a homerun.  

But the Nats pitching is much better than the Rays or Yankees.  If they don't break out of this slump, I can't see them beating the Nats.  If they can figure out even a slight breakthrough of the slump, they could make this a short series.  

But the Nats pitching is much better than the Rays or Yankees.  If they don't break out of this slump, I can't see them beating the Nats.  If they can figure out even a slight breakthrough of the slump, they could make this a short series.  
:unsure:  the Rays had the 2nd best era in baseball pitching in the AL East. The Nats had the 9th best ERA. 

:unsure:  the Rays had the 2nd best era in baseball pitching in the AL East. The Nats had the 9th best ERA. 
True.  But the Nats pitching right now is the hottest pitching in baseball.  Over the course of the whole season, they may not have been.  But the Nats over the past 2 months have been lights out.  Better than anyone else.

True.  But the Nats pitching right now is the hottest pitching in baseball.  Over the course of the whole season, they may not have been.  But the Nats over the past 2 months have been lights out.  Better than anyone else.
Their SP is awesome. From what I read their bullpen sucks and that’s where the Astros will get to them. 

Their SP is awesome. From what I read their bullpen sucks and that’s where the Astros will get to them. 
I was actually surprised to see every single major news outlet covering the WS, where they do the "Who has the edge?" for all of the positions, having he Nats with the edge.  I mean think about that.  You have the two guys battling it out for the AL Cy Young Award going 1 and 2.  Then you have Greinke who was a Cy Young winner at #3.  And the consensus is that THAT'S not quite good enough to be the better Starters.  That's crazy.  This WS has a chance to be epic.  Although, good on paper doesn't always work out to good on the field.  And honestly, I'm hoping the Astros blow them out in 4 games.

I remember in 2017 when the Astros went up early in Game 7 and cruised to victory.  People witched and groaned (Halloween pun) that after the other games, Game 7 was a huge letdown.  And as an Astros fan, I want to say, go to hell.   :lol:   If I have no skin in the game, I'm all for an epic 7 game series.  But as a fan of the Astros, I hope this WS is boring for everyone and the Astros win in 4 games.

TheIronSheik said:
It's amazing how good this Astros team is.  I know it's hard to believe, but they have not broken out of their slump all postseason.  If not for amazing pitching, great defense and Jose Altuve, they would've lost to the Rays already.

I think I saw that the team (minus Altuve) is batting something like .172 in the postseason.  They've been lucky that even though guys are going 3 for 34, 1 of those three hits is a homerun.  

looking to a reversion to the mean here.

I have to say...Washington sports talk radio sucks. I tried listening some today. 

Some guy on the Houston station called AJ Hinch the head coach. 

Hearing them cry about the Jets in NY was much more entertainment. 

Being on the left coast, it’s awesome having a (kinda) day baseball game for the World Series. If the east coast had this, maybe kids would be watching it. 

Users who are viewing this thread