What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

possible explainations for why ff owners dont use pre pick. (1 Viewer)

It prevents getting mentally committed to a pick then getting sniped. 

I'll either pre-draft or let the group know if I won't be available for a while, but if I'm around I'm not looking until I'm otc.

Mostly laziness, IMO. Now, in the first few rounds I like to pick on the fly, to kind of flesh out how the other picks are going (trends in position, etc.), but even then I can usually slot 1 or 2 picks, in the spirit of keeping things going. 

im in a vet dynastly league with guys who hang out 365/24/7 on a message board arguing about anything.

the draft is really the only fun/interesting thing about their measly little lives.

and i have to wait 8 hours for them to pick the cleveland defense.  :hot:

im in a vet dynastly league with guys who hang out 365/24/7 on a message board arguing about anything.

the draft is really the only fun/interesting thing about their measly little lives.

and i have to wait 8 hours for them to pick the cleveland defense.  :hot:
Now I'd skip using it just to annoy you. 

Can't rule it out. 

I've never pre-drafted.   We have a 90 second clock for picks, and I rarely use more than 30 seconds.   Why would you lock into picks with no regard for what is actually happening in the draft?

I've never pre-drafted.   We have a 90 second clock for picks, and I rarely use more than 30 seconds.   Why would you lock into picks with no regard for what is actually happening in the draft?
pre picks are a draft list, so if someone falls that you covet, i would assume you had them on top of your list.

ETA: ours is a 12 hour clock, so waiting can become ex·cru·ci·at·ing.

Last edited by a moderator:
pre picks are a draft list, so if someone falls that you covet, i would assume you had them on top of your list.

ETA: ours is a 12 hour clock, so waiting can become ex·cru·ci·at·ing.
Wouldn't it be easier to just change this nonsense to a 1:30 clock and just do it live?

:goodposting:

You want to lead the trends, not follow them. That’s why I always pick a kicker in the first round.  :grad:

Welp... I guess I suck.  I hate using pre-draft.  Things change in a draft.  I want to analyze what's left, what my NEXT pick could/should be.... lots of things to consider when making the pick.

I view my fantasy teams as investments and therefore need to do my due diligence.

That being said, I pre-draft where it makes sense and always pick within a reasonable amount of time if I don't pre-draft.

Depending on what round it is, if I was on the clock and had 8.5 hours left, I'd be waiting for today's games to end before I picked.
Just think about the guy who jumped in and drafted Andrew Luck 8 hours before he retired. Bet that dude feels dumb right now.

Users who are viewing this thread