What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 Barometer, Who/What Are We Looking Forward To? (1 Viewer)

dmac37

Footballguy
We have read, heard, watched, surfed the web for countless information for months now. What are you most looking forward to seeing what happens week 1 with real action taking place as an indication for year long value?

For me, it is if A. Jones is closer to the man in GB or more of a committee back.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely can’t wait to see which helmet AB settled on :popcorn:

Seriously though, I’m looking forward to watching a bunch of the rookies. I love watching young guys burst onto the scene and become stars. Can’t wait. 

I don't think there will be a split in the Chicago backfield, Monty is the man. he'll get 15-20 carries game 1, and he'll kill it v. the Pack!

looking forward to seeing the Pitt WR distribution, how AB plays in Oaktown,  a healthy Breida in SF, Marlon Mack in what should be a shootout in L.A., Gurley, how the GB offense looks under LaFleur ( low expectations), Giants' passing game - they've looked crisp all preseason long - how the Chiefs offense handles the jags' defense and jalen ramsey shadowing t. hill,   how many fantasy pts the Ravens defense can score against the Dolphins - 75-100 pts?! 

Baltimore offense.

See if the league has or can adjust.

I think it 'could be' the most interesting story of the year because I think it will be successful.

Staring at my numerous stat-tracker pop-ups hoping the numbers go up. 

Seeing how quickly Breida becomes a second round pick next year. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We have read, heard, watched, surfed the web for countless information for months now. What are you most looking forward to seeing what happens week 1 with real action taking place as an indication for year long value?

For me, it is if A. Jones is closer to the man in GB or more of a committee back.  

I'm pumped to see Kyler Murray in real action. No matter what Kyler will be fun to watch

Jacoby Brissett 

Josh Jacobs
These are all solid and things I am looking for as well. I faded Jones a little as while he could absolutely be the workhorse, I fear that a pass-first offense (first in pass % plays in 2018) and not really thinking Jones' skillset is so far removed from Williams, that it threatens both volume and opportunity.

Looking forward to seeing if Murray and the AZ's hyped offense with all gloves off -- and if it turns out to be comparable to Chip Kelly's first year, or his third. My feeling is that NFL Ds are so used to accounting to high tempo spread offenses that it's not going to be as explosive as people think -- especially with a rookie QB and a terrible line.

The Colts' season is definitely one of the best stories this year. Rooting for Brissett to make this team his own. He has the talent around him, so the success of the offense really is on him.

As a Raider fan, can't wait to see what we have with Jacobs, and how his usage will pan out. So under the radar in terms of not seeing him nearly at all on Hard Knocks (which was unexpected) or in preseason (which was expected).

Other things I'll be looking for:

• Will the Titans finally put things together on offense with all of their talent? Or are they going to have another mediocre-to-poor season?
  • Garoppolo -- so much hype before preseason, and he has looked horrendous throughout camp/preseason games. 
  • Will the Chiefs carry on without losing a step in terms of their high octane offense? Or will Ds have additional ways to slow Mahomes & Co. down?
  • What the hell is going to happen with the backfields for the Eagles and Bears. 
  • Will the Browns look like an offensive juggernaut?

looking forward to Kyler Murray getting steamrolled by M. Patricia's defense, stifled, throwing many INts, fumbling, etc..small hands short QB not NFL product.

dmac37 said:
I agree but it may take a 3+ weeks of usage to get true reading on what his usage will be.
THIS ^^

Week 1 play is always sloppy for the most part.  The biggest things to look for is who's healthy and who is being utilized. 

By week's 3-4, play in general should be quite a bit crisper and we'll truly begin to see who's who and what's what.

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
These are all solid and things I am looking for as well. I faded Jones a little as while he could absolutely be the workhorse, I fear that a pass-first offense (first in pass % plays in 2018) and not really thinking Jones' skillset is so far removed from Williams, that it threatens both volume and opportunity.

Looking forward to seeing if Murray and the AZ's hyped offense with all gloves off -- and if it turns out to be comparable to Chip Kelly's first year, or his third. My feeling is that NFL Ds are so used to accounting to high tempo spread offenses that it's not going to be as explosive as people think -- especially with a rookie QB and a terrible line.

The Colts' season is definitely one of the best stories this year. Rooting for Brissett to make this team his own. He has the talent around him, so the success of the offense really is on him.

As a Raider fan, can't wait to see what we have with Jacobs, and how his usage will pan out. So under the radar in terms of not seeing him nearly at all on Hard Knocks (which was unexpected) or in preseason (which was expected).

Other things I'll be looking for:

• Will the Titans finally put things together on offense with all of their talent? Or are they going to have another mediocre-to-poor season?
  • Garoppolo -- so much hype before preseason, and he has looked horrendous throughout camp/preseason games. 
  • Will the Chiefs carry on without losing a step in terms of their high octane offense? Or will Ds have additional ways to slow Mahomes & Co. down?
  • What the hell is going to happen with the backfields for the Eagles and Bears. 
  • Will the Browns look like an offensive juggernaut?
Yeah I have a feeling Brissett will do better than people think. I took Mack in the 5th round last night and Ebron in the 12th. TE premium too.

That Thursday opener is super sexy & I’m very excited about it. 

I think it’ll be higher scoring than expected, and it’s just a great way to kick off the season.

also, I am looking forward to live chatting with the Shark Tank about it with all y’all, complaining about the refs & resurrecting the “dumb play call” topic after its long off-season dormancy.  :pickle:

It's always interesting to see what the top rookies look like when the training wheels come off.

I drafted Josh Jacobs and Deebo Samuel in my redraft league, so I'll be following them closely. I think they have instant star potential.

I'm intrigued by the Ravens this year and have stakes in a number of BAL players like Ingram, Andrews, Hurst, and M Brown in various leagues.

Tanner9919 said:
I don't think there will be a split in the Chicago backfield, Monty is the man. he'll get 15-20 carries game 1, and he'll kill it v. the Pack!
I agree, but the fact that you said "I don't think" is the reason why I can't wait to actually see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread