Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
ItsOnlytheRiver

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread - Updated with headshots of every player

Recommended Posts

The only "good" part about the news is that they can put Malkin/Bjugstad on LTIR and give them room to recall multiple forwards from AHL. (They only have 10 healthy forwards with Bryan Rust injury.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 9:23 PM, guru_007 said:

MZ93 with his 8th point of the season :coffee:

Someone wasn't happy about not making The Athletic's "best contract" list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scheifele with a beautiful snipe to go up 5-1 but PIT successfully challenges for offside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Road teams win the first five games of the night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought losing Pavelski was going to impact the team, but not to this extent.

Is it poor goaltending that's behind the terrible start for the Sharks? Not sure they have the strongest tandem.

Or is it just overall failure to launch? 

Still very early in the season, but his is not the way you want to come out of the gate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Guess who's back, back again,

Brayden's back, tell a friend!"

 

Brayden Point scores 2 minutes into his first game back, Lightning up 1-0.

1-1 now, Bolts struggling on the penalty kill this season.

Edited by Kal El
Hit post as the Leafs scored

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kal El said:

"Guess who's back, back again,

Brayden's back, tell a friend!"

 

Brayden Point scores 2 minutes into his first game back, Lightning up 1-0.

1-1 now, Bolts struggling on the penalty kill this season.

That was a straight-up @$$-kicking the Bolts lay down on the Leafs.

Ouchie.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

That was a straight-up @$$-kicking the Bolts lay down on the Leafs.

Ouchie.

There were I think 4 lead changes in the first: 1-0 Bolts, 2-1 Leafs, 3-2 Bolts, 4-3 Bolts. Eventually the Lightning took control and won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor Ottawa.  They get 4 goals against the backup goalie and still lose at home to the champs. :yes: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colorado starts season 3-0.  I'll give bruins some sympathy for the first overturned goal (could go either way, but i guess Toronto figured our ### was still sore from the playoffs reffing debacle), but the second was clearly offsides. 

That boston forecheck is insane.

Edited by rascal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rascal said:

Colorado starts season 3-0.  I'll give bruins some sympathy for the first overturned goal (could go either way, but i guess Toronto figured our ### was still sore from the playoffs reffing debacle), but the second was clearly offsides. 

That boston forecheck is insane.

Krecji skate was against Grubauers skate - in the crease. Need to see the overhead if you haven't and look at his right skate against Grubauers left. At the line/edge or outside it's a goal - but being in the crease hurt him.

 

Avs did a good job keeping it in their end as well. Avs 4th line with Bellemare and Calvert is awesome.

 

Great game - tight checking - close to a playoff affair. Both teams can take a lot from it but the Avs are going to get a lot out of this gritty performance. Key will be if leadership allows them to relax or keep grinding hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like another fun season for the Wild. I think they have a chance to be a little better in a decade or so, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Sabes hold it forever in OT and can't score

Never in doubt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Northern Voice said:

Ottawa has soundly pinned Tampa for 40 minutes, what is going on.

Bolts off to a really weird start this year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4th line for the Leafs tonight against the Wings was outstanding. Babcock had them out there a bunch against DET's first line too.

Now if the first 2 lines can get going, that'd be nice.

This team strangely seems to miss Hyman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kadri/jost get their first goals of the season, Burakovsky with another game winner, francouz with his first nhl win, and Colorado finishes homestand 4-0.  Now, a brutal 6 game road trip.

Oh, and makar is an assist machine.  

Edited by rascal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Capella said:

Bolts off to a really weird start this year. 

They can't kill a penalty at all, and they're playing too fancy. Just go out there and beat the other team!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flower was absolutely ridiculous tonight. He’s strangely good playing both ends of a b2b. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruins are carbo-loading today.

PASTA

PASTA

PASTA

PASTA

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the biggest homecoming game since Gretzky returned to Edmonton,  Burakovsky - coming off back-to-game game-winning goal-scoring performances - skates tonight in DC.  

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Victor Rask saves the Wild season in Ottawa subbing in for Zuccarello who I assume is molting.  just like Fenton drew it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

Victor Rask saves the Wild season in Ottawa subbing in for Zuccarello who I assume is molting.  just like Fenton drew it up.

This is what rock bottom looks like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Dickie Dunn said:

Bruins are carbo-loading today.

PASTA

PASTA

PASTA

PASTA

Was coming in to post something like this. Happened to see the game on today (I forgot it was Columbus Day) and he had four. Good work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Avalanche with 3 shots on goal and 3 goals - Holtby chased with a .00000 save percentage

Avs now on PP

4-0

10:35 left in Period 1

Edited by ffldrew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ffldrew said:

Avalanche with 3 shots on goal and 3 goals - Holtby chased with a .00000 save percentage

Avs now on PP

4-0

10:35 left in Period 1

And the Caps send out their goon to start a fight with Nischuskin - who's never fought ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ffldrew said:

And the Caps send out their goon to start a fight with Nischuskin - who's never fought ever

Pathetic.  Avs go back on power play.  Make it 5-0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makar. :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BeTheMatch said:

This is what rock bottom looks like.

they’re actually not that bad.  mediocre team that should finish mid to high 80s in points, low 90s ceiling with some luck.  though if you ask me that’s the worst place to be rather than a team like Ottawa.   and of course Fenton put them there without adding any picks and making them older.

so yeah, maybe it is a different kind of rock bottom.  but stuck in the middle is nothing new, it’s where they’ve spent much of their time in the near 20 years of this franchise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've searched plenty and just can't figure this out, but you guys are smarter than me so maybe you know: what possible reason explains the Rangers schedule to start the season?

Opened on a Thursday. Played again Saturday. Full week off to Saturday. And now not playing again until Thursday, which will be the fourth game played in 15 days. 

There was no trip to Europe. Nothing going on with the Knicks. No concert series at MSG. Just a decision by the NHL.

How does that happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RUSF18 said:

I've searched plenty and just can't figure this out, but you guys are smarter than me so maybe you know: what possible reason explains the Rangers schedule to start the season?

Opened on a Thursday. Played again Saturday. Full week off to Saturday. And now not playing again until Thursday, which will be the fourth game played in 15 days. 

There was no trip to Europe. Nothing going on with the Knicks. No concert series at MSG. Just a decision by the NHL.

How does that happen?

Don't worry - you'll have 3 back to backs in March/April to play while you are in a playoff race  with tired and injured players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

they’re actually not that bad.  mediocre team that should finish mid to high 80s in points, low 90s ceiling with some luck.  though if you ask me that’s the worst place to be rather than a team like Ottawa.   and of course Fenton put them there without adding any picks and making them older.

so yeah, maybe it is a different kind of rock bottom.  but stuck in the middle is nothing new, it’s where they’ve spent much of their time in the near 20 years of this franchise. 

I'm at Leafs/Wild tonight. Marcus Foligno has been the best Wild player, which is... not good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's installment of Rangers notes...

Not mentioned previously, but the 'centerpiece' of the McDonagh/JT Miller to TB trade, Namesntnikov, was shipped to Ottawa for a bag of pucks a week ago.  I guess that was to free up some cap space to bring up the likes of some promising young attacking players (Chytil and Kravstov) as the Rangers seem to only have offensive on 1 line, but no, instead they dressed McKegg and his 13 lifetime goals.  And our $4.35M #7 defenseman is still being trotted out there to play forward for some reason.

Lose a close one to Edmonton at home, a game I place solely on the shoulders of Lemieux because, frankly he looks like Sean Avery v2.0 out there - can play with an edge at times, but takes absolutely asinine penalties and then shirks why me?  But, truth be told, if you only score 1 goal, you are probably going to lose a lot more games than you'll win.

So, in an effort to boost offensive play, coach quinn has decided to move Howden up to #2 center - a move I can get behind because frankly I don't believe Strome is anything more than a bottom 6 player (or more likely an AHL all-star).  And then he has decided to move Smith up to #3 line.  oof.   Smith offers absolutely nothing to the offense and is often a give away machine.  Meanwhile, Lias Anderson gets sporatic time on the 4th line playing with Mckegg and I'm guessing now Lemieux, and Chytil and Kravstov still don't get to attempt to contribute.  I'm not sure what coach quinn's end game is here, but I'm not a fan at all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some interesting early goalie controversies. 

LA - is this even a controversy? Campbell has been better than Quick since the start of last year. 

WASH - Holtby has stretches every year where he looks like poo but he's getting a bit older, Samsonov is the best backup they've had and Holtby is in a contract year. I think because he won a cup they won't screw Holtby over in that contract year and will keep giving him chances to take the net back. Samsonov playing Toronto tonight though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.