Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Elevencents

Mike Boone - RB Vikings

Recommended Posts

I really think Mattison playing comes down to the 49ers/Rams game later today. If the Rams lose Minnesota is almost locked in to the 6th seed and no reason to play Mattison. Go niners

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KingPrawn said:

I really think Mattison playing comes down to the 49ers/Rams game later today. If the Rams lose Minnesota is almost locked in to the 6th seed and no reason to play Mattison. Go niners

That’s what I’m waiting to see results from. luckily, I have a back up plan. Unluckily, that back up plan is starting tomorrow at 1 o’clock.

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oddsbodkins said:

Henry downgraded and Hop's latest stinker and I was hoping for a home run from Boone. Mattison is another Breida it seems......

Is it crazy to start Boone over Henry and slide one of Chark or Golladay into the flex?

Man so many up in the air things on the week where it matters most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Is it crazy to start Boone over Henry and slide one of Chark or Golladay into the flex?

Man so many up in the air things on the week where it matters most.

With Henry suddenly appearing on the injury report I'd definitely do this if I was OK with a floor game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boone is not a feasible option until Cook and Mattison are ruled out.  It's that simple.  If that does not occur by 1pm EST, then you're just gambling if you go with Boone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Don Hutson said:

Boone is not a feasible option until Cook and Mattison are ruled out.  It's that simple.  If that does not occur by 1pm EST, then you're just gambling if you go with Boone.

Cook has been ruled out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

Boone is not a feasible option until Cook and Mattison are ruled out.  It's that simple.  If that does not occur by 1pm EST, then you're just gambling if you go with Boone.

Doesn’t seem to me that Mattison will be getting a ton of action even if he suits up: I could be wrong. Of course depends on alternatives but I’m comfortable with Boone even if Mattison isn’t ruled out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SF wins. MN clinches a playoff spot.

Maybe this impacts Mattison's status.

Let's see if Schefter has a report around...3 AM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

SF wins. MN clinches a playoff spot.

Maybe this impacts Mattison's status.

Let's see if Schefter has a report around...3 AM.

I just want to know by 9:45 AM PT. Just someone leak it, c’mon Vikes - bench Mattison...for the good of the team. 

yeah. The team. ;) 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From dailynorseman.com

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/12/21/21033056/minnesota-vikings-final-injury-report-dalvin-cook-out-alexander-mattison-questionable

Mattison did go through some drills on Saturday and was limited in practice overall. He’s dealing with a high ankle sprain, and his status may ride on whether or not the Vikings have a playoff spot locked up by the time they take the field on Monday night. If the Los Angeles Rams lose on Saturday night and the Vikings are assured of a spot in the postseason, it wouldn’t be surprising to see both Mattison and Cook sit out of this game and the regular season finale against Chicago to allow them to heal up. Mattison might still be a scratch for Monday anyway, but he would definitely be a scratch if the Vikings were no longer worried about securing a playoff spot.

We shall see......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schefter tweet:

With the Vikings now having wrapped up a playoff slot, it doesn’t make a lot of sense for Minnesota to play injured RB Alexander Mattison. And so with Dalvin Cook out and Mattison hobbled, Monday night figures to be the Mike Boone show.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, schlesinj said:

Schefter tweet:

With the Vikings now having wrapped up a playoff slot, it doesn’t make a lot of sense for Minnesota to play injured RB Alexander Mattison. And so with Dalvin Cook out and Mattison hobbled, Monday night figures to be the Mike Boone show.

Schefter rarely goes out on a limb. He must know something.

I own Mattison and Boone. With MN clinching a playoff berth and understanding that Mattison hasn't had a full practice for two weeks with a HAS...and is a rookie...I'm planning on rolling with Boone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/50161/alexander-mattison

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Alexander Mattison (questionable, ankle) is not expected to play Week 16 against the Packers.

Now assured of a playoff spot (San Francisco eliminated the Rams with Saturday's victory), there's no reason for Mattison to push it at less than 100 percent. Schefter confirms it will be the Mike Boone Show when the Vikings renew their long-standing rivalry with Green Bay Monday in Minneapolis. Slated for workhorse usage against a Packers defense that has allowed the ninth-most rushing yards per game, Boone checks all the RB2 boxes for Week 16.

RELATED: 

Mike Boone

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 22, 2019, 9:12 AM ET

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/50161/alexander-mattison

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Alexander Mattison (questionable, ankle) is not expected to play Week 16 against the Packers.

Now assured of a playoff spot (San Francisco eliminated the Rams with Saturday's victory), there's no reason for Mattison to push it at less than 100 percent. Schefter confirms it will be the Mike Boone Show when the Vikings renew their long-standing rivalry with Green Bay Monday in Minneapolis. Slated for workhorse usage against a Packers defense that has allowed the ninth-most rushing yards per game, Boone checks all the RB2 boxes for Week 16.

RELATED: 

Mike Boone

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 22, 2019, 9:12 AM ET

Finally! Thank you 49ers.

Daniel Boone now has his musket Locked and Loaded. Let's Do Dis.....

Edited by Stat Correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mack out of my lineup, Boone in. 

lets do this. Leeroyyyyyyyyyyymmmjeeeenkiiiins! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Schefter tweet is promising I mus say. 

Curious if this is just pure speculation though or does he have insider knowledge.

Right now Boone is in my lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rotonews reporting Mattison is expected to sit. Time to shoot for the Boone!

EDIT: I guess that's not really new news but still. Gotta believe.

Edited by oddsbodkins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oddsbodkins said:

Rotonews reporting Mattison is expected to sit. Time to shoot for the Boone!

Stealing someone else's joke I read on here earlier this week, I'm getting a Booner. If this was your joke, please take credit. Used it to show my level of excitement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Stealing someone else's joke I read on here earlier this week, I'm getting a Booner. If this was your joke, please take credit. Used it to show my level of excitement.

I've seen it all over since his 2 TDs last week but, whomever posted it here first, take my smiley like face!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Mack out of my lineup, Boone in. 

lets do this. Leeroyyyyyyyyyyymmmjeeeenkiiiins! 

Same. Short bench went Boone. Hoping there’s some PPR upside at least more than Mack. I just worry that GB has a ton to play for and gets up big.  
 

Mack is at least at home vs a rookie QB and favored. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Mack is at least at home vs a rookie QB and favored. 

The Panthers are also bad against the run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, simey said:

The Panthers are also bad against the run.

Agree deciding who to bench.  Chubb Boone, Sanders, Mack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like in the Boone thread it’s Boone. Mack thread it’s Mack. Many big decisions coming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Team Smokin' said:

Wow! Two very good options.

Going with the better offense in the more meaningful game. I don’t trust Brissett to extend drives, and while Boone *might* get a catch or two, I know for certain Mack won’t.  I trust the Vikings to extend drives. I can’t say that about the Colts. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Going with the better offense in the more meaningful game. I don’t trust Brissett to extend drives, and while Boone *might* get a catch or two, I know for certain Mack won’t.  I trust the Vikings to extend drives. I can’t say that about the Colts. 

The Colts offense could possibly get a lot of opportunities on the field if Grier can't move the offense or turns the ball over. Nobody knows how Grier will do in his first game, so anything is possible. I'm sure the cats will try to go through McCaffrey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, simey said:

The Colts offense could possibly get a lot of opportunities on the field if Grier can't move the offense or turns the ball over. Nobody knows how Grier will do in his first game, so anything is possible. I'm sure the cats will try to go through McCaffrey. 

That may be true. And it may also be true that both teams suck. They’re not playing for anything & moreover, I don’t want to have watch them do that.

“You’re my boy, Boone!”

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just keep me in small striking distance for tomorrow night or better yet up going into MNF! #wishfulthinking #BooneTrain 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, jurrassic said:

Same issue.  Need to bench one out of Sanders, A Jones and Boone.  Leaning Sanders 

Yup, I’m debating Sanders versus Boone as well 

or  Boone over Ertz at flex. 

 

Ugh 

Edited by Ketamine Dreams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of you must be running a similar stable of RBs today...

My RB2 and Flex must be filled with 2 of these 3

Marlon Mack-He only has 5 rush TDs on the season and hasn't done a lot since returning from injury in Weeks 14 and 15. 

D.Freeman-Only 1 rush TD on the season, Non-PPR so he truly is more of an RB3 thought in that format. I just don't trust him much. 

M.Boone-It sure looks like he is going to bet a lot of touches, hope he can hold up. I hate to wait and then he exits the game after 10 carries. But that's the gamble but he sure looks like a Top10 play this week. I like that the Vikes are at home and playing for a Division and high seed in the playoffs. 

I've played with 2-3 combinations and am leaning Mack-Boone

Edited by Ministry of Pain
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I crazy to start Boon over Chubb or Kamara?

 

I'm a huge underdog now and have 4 viable RB's in Ekeler, Kamara, Chubb, & Boone, of which I can only start 3....:wall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Some of you must be running a similar stable of RBs today...

My RB2 and Flex must be filled with 2 of these 3

Marlon Mack-He only has 5 rush TDs on the season and hasn't done a lot since returning from injury in Weeks 14 and 15. 

D.Freeman-Only 1 rush TD on the season, Non-PPR so he truly is more of an RB3 thought in that format. I just don't trust him much. 

M.Boone-It sure looks like he is going to bet a lot of touches, hope he can hold up. I hate to wait and then he exits the game after 10 carries. But that's the gamble but he sure looks like a Top10 play this week. I like that the Vikes are at home and playing for a Division and high seed in the playoffs. 

I've played with 2-3 combinations and am leaning Mack-Boone

I already went with Perriman at Flex (19.2) so for me it’s Carson at RB1, and since I benched Singletary & Michele yesterday it’s either Mack or Boone at RB2. 

It just feels more fun to start Boone. For one that’s a great, classic game between two teams that are fun to watch in a huge game for both of them. 

for another, I have a sick feeling from Mack since his return. I understand it’s been against brutal defenses, but he had .5 points & was phased early out against NOS. Of course CAR is a run-funnel, but INDY isn’t a good offense, nor are they particularly committed to the run. Plus Brissett likes to run & occasionally vulture TDs.


And Mack won’t get any receptions, while it’s possible that Boone gets a dump off or 3.

finally, it’s a prime time game, and a damn good one, and I love having “last laugh” in my matchups. I have Adams & Bailey going, so now I’ve got a RB as well. 

I’m also an underdog so the moon-shot of Boone getting 20+ touches in a run-first offense with a solid OL is very appealing. 

And as someone wisely said earlier - after decades of playing this game, there’s a certain rush of capturing the magic of a potential game-winning RB with fresh legs coming out of nowhere to win you a championship. Those opportunities are rare, and the rush that comes with it is as exciting as anything in this game we all love. :wub: 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I already went with Perriman at Flex (19.2) so for me it’s Carson at RB1, and since I benched Singletary & Michele yesterday it’s either Mack or Boone at RB2. 

It just feels more fun to start Boone. For one that’s a great, classic game between two teams that are fun to watch in a huge game for both of them. 

for another, I have a sick feeling from Mack since his return. I understand it’s been against brutal defenses, but he had .5 points & was phased early out against NOS. Of course CAR is a run-funnel, but INDY isn’t a good offense, nor are they particularly committed to the run. Plus Brissett likes to run & occasionally vulture TDs.


And Mack won’t get any receptions, while it’s possible that Boone gets a dump off or 3.

finally, it’s a prime time game, and a damn good one, and I love having “last laugh” in my matchups. I have Adams & Bailey going, so now I’ve got a RB as well. 

I’m also an underdog so the moon-shot of Boone getting 20+ touches in a run-first offense with a solid OL is very appealing. 

And as someone wisely said earlier - after decades of playing this game, there’s a certain rush of capturing the magic of a potential game-winning RB with fresh legs coming out of nowhere to win you a championship. Those opportunities are rare, and the rush that comes with it is as exciting as anything in this game we all love. :wub: 

Same for me but I have Drake or Boone as RB2.  Really having a hard time with this one.

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I already went with Perriman at Flex (19.2) so for me it’s Carson at RB1, and since I benched Singletary & Michele yesterday it’s either Mack or Boone at RB2. 

It just feels more fun to start Boone. For one that’s a great, classic game between two teams that are fun to watch in a huge game for both of them. 

for another, I have a sick feeling from Mack since his return. I understand it’s been against brutal defenses, but he had .5 points & was phased early out against NOS. Of course CAR is a run-funnel, but INDY isn’t a good offense, nor are they particularly committed to the run. Plus Brissett likes to run & occasionally vulture TDs.


And Mack won’t get any receptions, while it’s possible that Boone gets a dump off or 3.

finally, it’s a prime time game, and a damn good one, and I love having “last laugh” in my matchups. I have Adams & Bailey going, so now I’ve got a RB as well. 

I’m also an underdog so the moon-shot of Boone getting 20+ touches in a run-first offense with a solid OL is very appealing. 

And as someone wisely said earlier - after decades of playing this game, there’s a certain rush of capturing the magic of a potential game-winning RB with fresh legs coming out of nowhere to win you a championship. Those opportunities are rare, and the rush that comes with it is as exciting as anything in this game we all love. :wub: 

having your guy go last because he's playing on Monday and starting a fresh RB for the "rush" are not sound reasons IMHO..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, theplayer11 said:

having your guy go last because he's playing on Monday and starting a fresh RB for the "rush" are not sound reasons IMHO..

I never said they were valid reasons. They’re just my reasons. And hey, it’s my roster, so I’m doin what makes me happy. 
 

LEEEROOOOY MMMMMMJEEEEEENNNNNKINNNNNSS!

:pickle:
 

good luck today if you’re in the LCG! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rick6668 said:

Same for me but I have Drake or Boone as RB2.  Really having a hard time with this one.

If it were me I’d go Boone over Drake. Seahawks are tough.  But I’d never tell anyone what to do in the LCG. Go with your gut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boone over Fournette, Kamara or Mixon? I left Perriman on my bench. I just can't pull the trigger on this lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.