Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gianmarco

Neighbor cut down our tree

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Print that out and put it in his mailbox - setup up webcam.  Post link here.  TIA.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 7:40 PM, Galileo said:

Did somebody rape the tree?

Technically yes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ChiefD said:

You should plant some of that rapidly growing bamboo over there. That stuff will spread like wildfire.

He'll wish he had acorns. :lol:

My parents had bamboo in their backyard before they re-did the whole thing.  They had to over-excavate a LOT to get that crap out.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

This case from Washington is pretty nuts.  Not only did they award treble damages for timber trespass, but she got emotional distress damages as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, -fish- said:

This case from Washington is pretty nuts.  Not only did they award treble damages for timber trespass, but she got emotional distress damages as well.

But then the neighbors can't be friends.....

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

But then the neighbors can't be friends.....

The bigger question is whether she donated the money to her favorite charity. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gianmarco said:

For @wilked

Now that some of the stuff has been cleared out, here's a picture of the area.

That's the front corner of our house.  Those 2 trees to the left are both mine.  That smaller tree is about 30 feet tall, for scale.  The tree that came down was almost identical to the taller one you see and occupied that clear space you see between that tree and the trees you see further behind.  If it was still standing, you wouldn't see sky in between that area.  It was in the same general line as that taller tree you see, which is only a couple feet inside our property line.  In fact, you can see a couple stumps next to it that were on his side that he took down.  I'll also mention that it was just outside our only bedroom window on that side, providing some privacy.  That's now gone.

Of note, those tall trees further back are on his side and I believe are also marked to come down.  The entire landscape of what we bought is going to look very different.  I can't tell him what to do with his trees, but this is not a small change to what we bought into.

Btw, this is what the area used to look like.

This is from the other side looking toward our house.  All of those trees you see in the middle of the picture are gone except for the 1 that is left on our side (picture in my post above).

It really is sad.

Edited by gianmarco
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I can't take this anymore. Gianmarco, I am your neighbor.

I'm not going to lie when I first saw you my first thought was you look like a doormat and I assumed you would just take me cutting down your tree without giving me any lip. I've been monitoring this thread and if you think you are getting more then 2k for this you are delusional lol. 

You relaize who my lawyer is right? And if you want to handle this man vs man I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces.

You think you can get away with saying that stuff to me over the Internet? Think again.

 If only you could have known your little “clever” comments were being seen by me, maybe you would have held your tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I generally try to keep good relations with neighbors at all costs.  But this guy is really pushing the limits of that.  If it were an accident, maybe.  But you have way too much proof that guy is just a tool.  People like that tend to be bad neighbors no matter what.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Weebs210 said:

Okay I can't take this anymore. Gianmarco, I am your neighbor.

I'm not going to lie when I first saw you my first thought was you look like a doormat and I assumed you would just take me cutting down your tree without giving me any lip. I've been monitoring this thread and if you think you are getting more then 2k for this you are delusional lol. 

You relaize who my lawyer is right? And if you want to handle this man vs man I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces.

You think you can get away with saying that stuff to me over the Internet? Think again.

 If only you could have known your little “clever” comments were being seen by me, maybe you would have held your tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price.

:mellow:

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gianmarco said:

Yep, I'm seeing this the same way.

Now that things have calmed down a bit and was able to talk to the wife about it, we decided that a couple evergreens in that area would actually be better.  First of all, our air conditioning units are there, so decreasing leaves falling in that area isn't a bad thing.  Second, we are both fans of spruce trees and that would be a great spot to put them.  It'll keep in line with his idea of some evergreens for his landscaping that he mentioned and will stay full and green all year and work better for privacy anyway.  Finally, they have larger trees for them available and they grow much faster.

The same company that had the largest hardwood trees (oak or maple) has 25-30 foot Norway Spruce available.  At $4750 per tree with planting, a couple of those would be sufficient to call it a day.  Instant privacy and mature trees to fill in that area.  It won't be the same as before, but I'd be quite happy with that and may turn out to be a better situation in the end.  I'll even consider just asking for them outright if he asks me again next week what I'd like to have done.  If he balks, then we'll be going for 3 of them.

Keep it mind  - for the massive amounts of construction this company does, he will be able to get those trees WAY cheaper. I'd push for the 3 trees. Would probably cost him about the same as the two you priced at retail.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

Okay I can't take this anymore. Gianmarco, I am your neighbor.

I'm not going to lie when I first saw you my first thought was you look like a doormat and I assumed you would just take me cutting down your tree without giving me any lip. I've been monitoring this thread and if you think you are getting more then 2k for this you are delusional lol. 

You relaize who my lawyer is right? And if you want to handle this man vs man I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces.

You think you can get away with saying that stuff to me over the Internet? Think again.

 If only you could have known your little “clever” comments were being seen by me, maybe you would have held your tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price.

All that and you don't know what a f****** acorn is

  • Laughing 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, belljr said:

All that and you don't know what a f****** acorn is

Gorillas eat acorns.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, belljr said:

All that and you don't know what a f****** acorn is

😂 I tried to get into the neighbors head to help out but I didn't do any good as I went down the rabbit hole. 

Edited by Weebs210

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gianmarco said:

Yep, I'm seeing this the same way.

Now that things have calmed down a bit and was able to talk to the wife about it, we decided that a couple evergreens in that area would actually be better.  First of all, our air conditioning units are there, so decreasing leaves falling in that area isn't a bad thing.  Second, we are both fans of spruce trees and that would be a great spot to put them.  It'll keep in line with his idea of some evergreens for his landscaping that he mentioned and will stay full and green all year and work better for privacy anyway.  Finally, they have larger trees for them available and they grow much faster.

The same company that had the largest hardwood trees (oak or maple) has 25-30 foot Norway Spruce available.  At $4750 per tree with planting, a couple of those would be sufficient to call it a day.  Instant privacy and mature trees to fill in that area.  It won't be the same as before, but I'd be quite happy with that and may turn out to be a better situation in the end.  I'll even consider just asking for them outright if he asks me again next week what I'd like to have done.  If he balks, then we'll be going for 3 of them.

Ask for trees that produce ginormous pine cones.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Terminalxylem said:

Ask for trees that produce ginormous pine cones.

 

39 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Keep it mind  - for the massive amounts of construction this company does, he will be able to get those trees WAY cheaper. I'd push for the 3 trees. Would probably cost him about the same as the two you priced at retail.

As fun as it might be to be a #### back to him, that's really not my intention.  What he did was ####ty but I don't need to return the favor fully.

From my standpoint, a couple of those spruces would make me happy.  I won't try to escalate things unless he brings me there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gianmarco said:

 

As fun as it might be to be a #### back to him, that's really not my intention.  What he did was ####ty but I don't need to return the favor fully.

From my standpoint, a couple of those spruces would make me happy.  I won't try to escalate things unless he brings me there.

In all seriousness you are handling this the right way. Let's just hope he gives you a good offer from the start..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

 

As fun as it might be to be a #### back to him, that's really not my intention.  What he did was ####ty but I don't need to return the favor fully.

From my standpoint, a couple of those spruces would make me happy.  I won't try to escalate things unless he brings me there.

I was joking. What I'd really do is get a couple estimates (including one from the arborist who warned him) what it costs to replace a similar tree, copy something showing you're entitled up to triple damages under the law, and pick a number that's roughly half that amount. Don't get him to arrange anything other than a cashier's check. You want to minimize your interactions with this dude henceforth.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FiredMartz said:

50 years ago a 10 year old said..." I'm gunna really f#### with someone"

 

 

And that child was Donald Trump.  And now you know the rest of the story.

GOOD DAY!

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I got to this thread late, what is the reason for alpha neighbor removing the tree?  I read acorns, but that's not the real reason.  Roots near foundation, blocking sun?

Another vote here for  neighbor went ahead and did it anyways and he is 100% lying to you.  This guy was never going to invite you over for a BBQ.  

Potential 2020 schtick is to overwhelm him with kindness.  Invite their family over to BBQ, trespass on his jobsites sending him 50 pictures a day, fly drones over his backyard and tell him you for some awesome Aerials of his master bedroom window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy sounds wealthy, and he sounds like a jerk; he cut down the tree because that's what he wanted, he didn't care about the consequences or what it would cost. Clearly, money is neither a concern nor a deterrent to him.

He will undoubtedly lowball you. Instead, you should get the full amount possible from him. Not because you can, but because that's what he deserves.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over/under on his offer?

I'm guessing something obscenely low.  Like $750.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xulf said:

Over/under on his offer?

I'm guessing something obscenely low.  Like $750.

$50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Use however much $ you settle on to build a spy tower on your 85% of the stump to look into his bedroom window.

Install one of these on it too.:stalker:

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Choose wisely.  Check what trees not to plant because you want to learn from other people’s mistakes.  Here are some but there are probably are more.  Link

Look at this as an opportunity to get a tree that you will enjoy for years to come.

Edited by bradyfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

Do this at night under where his foundation is going to go and leave the water running.

https://youtu.be/XGq0ETzZP0E

Depending on the geology bof the area you might be able to open up a sinkhole that will swallow his entire family & house.

 

Why did you ever know about this video?

  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, EYLive said:

Use however much $ you settle on to build a spy tower on your 85% of the stump to look into his bedroom window.

Install one of these on it too.:stalker:

I was thinking a 50 foot hickory statue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2019 at 9:10 PM, xulf said:

Over/under on his offer?

I'm guessing something obscenely low.  Like $750.

Yup.

I'm thinking he mentions the 25% thing again, says he was thinking $750 as his portion but offers the "full" $1000 as a show of good faith or something.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only had to use tree professionals one time so far, but I'm pretty sure the guy I used would tell me to find someone else if I wanted to cut down a good healthy tree like that just because there were too many "acorns."  (sorry, belljr... quotes make it okay, though, right?)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just purchased a new home and had several trees trimmed. We had one tree on the property line, and the tree company refused to touch it unless they got a signed agreement from my neighbor and I.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2019 at 9:10 PM, xulf said:

Over/under on his offer?

I'm guessing something obscenely low.  Like $750.

"$1000 and a $200 Applebees gift card for your nice family"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 pages about a tree pretty near a property line? I read the first and last pages only here. Probably won’t read the rest unless someone suggests it’s necessary. 
 

A similar thing happened to me a couple of months ago,  but the tree was clearly on the property line. I would’ve rather left it, but what are you going to do? Seems like a lot of work to get angry over it, and it’s not coming back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jplvr said:

10 pages about a tree pretty near a property line? I read the first and last pages only here. Probably won’t read the rest unless someone suggests it’s necessary. 
 

A similar thing happened to me a couple of months ago,  but the tree was clearly on the property line. I would’ve rather left it, but what are you going to do? Seems like a lot of work to get angry over it, and it’s not coming back. 

He can potentially get $15k-$20k based on the laws in his area.  Seems like something worth investiagting... plus, he loved the tree and the dude who cut it down likely did it knowing it was against the law.

At this point, the thread has turned to what charity the entirety of the funds should go to.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xulf said:

He can potentially get $15k-$20k based on the laws in his area.  Seems like something worth investiagting... plus, he loved the tree and the dude who cut it down likely did it knowing it was against the law.

At this point, the thread has turned to what charity the entirety of the funds should go to.

Loved? I guess this thread must have taken some dramatic turns from the OP. I'm not saying he should shrug off anything, but this all seems a bit hyperbolic to me. Carry on, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jplvr said:

Loved? I guess this thread must have taken some dramatic turns from the OP. I'm not saying he should shrug off anything, but this all seems a bit hyperbolic to me. Carry on, I guess.

I don't think anyone would characterize gianmarco's initial posting as arbor amorous, but with reflection on the neighbor's actions and review of timber trespass statutes, he's cultivated a woody wistfulness. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Rumor has it gian likes that tree a little too much, if you know what I mean.

He's a wood pecker....if you know what I mean

Edited by belljr
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Rumor has it gian likes that tree a little too much, if you know what I mean.

 

8 minutes ago, belljr said:

He's a wood pecker....if you know what I mean

Well, this would explain the Law & Order: Special Victims Unit reference earlier in the thread...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2019 at 2:49 PM, Terminalxylem said:

Ask for trees that produce ginormous pine cones.

Sugar pine. 

You don't want pine trees. They suck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

Rumor has it gian likes that tree a little too much, if you know what I mean.

Wood for wood?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Terminalxylem said:

I don't think anyone would characterize gianmarco's initial posting as arbor amorous, but with reflection on the neighbor's actions and review of timber trespass statutes, he's cultivated a woody wistfulness. 

I've got wood, at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 3:37 PM, dickey moe said:

HICKORY DICKORY DOCK!

GIVE HIS WIFE YOUR...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.