What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 7* (1 Viewer)

If your league doesn't penalize for turnovers (mine doesn't), then Winston ought to be a stud.  Last year the combined stats for Winston and Fitzpatrick were phenomenal -- over 400 fantasy points.  Good enough for QB2 behind only Mahomes in my league.
2 points for turnovers. 6 pt passing tds though. And bonuses as 300 and 400 yards.

I was just surprised to see his score wasn’t atrocious, after that Carolina game after watching it.

2 points for turnovers. 6 pt passing tds though. And bonuses as 300 and 400 yards.

I was just surprised to see his score wasn’t atrocious, after that Carolina game after watching it.
Definitely a guy getting it in volume and chucking the deep ball.  Its working for him for fantasy 

Don’t forget about Snell. Conner left last game hurt. Maybe he is fine now but maybe not. We have no clue how his injured quad is doing. If Snell gets the start against the Dolphins, he could eat.

Waivers just processed in my league, 14 team Standard scoring, Double Flex spots

Ty Johnson - Went for $50 ($100 FAAB budget); the whole guy's budget, I bid $8 with no expectation of getting him. Would be a shame if the Lions sign a certain portly RB to be their early down back...

Kenny Stills - Went for $9, I bid $4 but I'm a Hopkins owner and not hurting for WRs

Stills went for a quarter of an overall budget in a league I'm in. I like the move. I dig that offense, and their line is starting to come together. Houston is dangerous once Fuller comes back.

Johnson went for a tenth.

A lot of good stream-able QBs on the wire also:

Teddy Bridgewater vs Ari

Ryan Tannehill vs TB

Mason Rudolph vs Mia

Leaning Teddy B but all have juicy matchups.

Buck Bradcanon said:
I bet Cousins is still available here and there.  Three fire starts in a row now.
This home game vs a very bad Washington team could be like game 1 where Cousins only had to throw 10 times for the win. And Theilen may be out.

Ilov80s said:
Don’t forget about Snell. Conner left last game hurt. Maybe he is fine now but maybe not. We have no clue how his injured quad is doing. If Snell gets the start against the Dolphins, he could eat.

zamboni said:
Ooh, that Snell.

Forgot about him.
Can't ya snell that snell.

Picked him up and may have to start him. I think he still produces even with Connor.

Also had to pick up a QB with Mahomes sidelined. I had several choices: Stafford home against NYG, Brisset home against DEN, Bridgewater home against ARI.

As a Lions homer I went Stafford so far... I do like all three this week.

Can't ya snell that snell.

Picked him up and may have to start him. I think he still produces even with Connor.

Also had to pick up a QB with Mahomes sidelined. I had several choices: Stafford home against NYG, Brisset home against DEN, Bridgewater home against ARI.

As a Lions homer I went Stafford so far... I do like all three this week.
Stafford has a top matchup with a run game that’s in question and against a defense that gives up points, mostly thru the air. 

bridgewater has a top matchup, but Murray proved he can handle the load, Lacking receiving options and they have a very solid defense. Not making teddy have to win the game for them. 

Brissett has the toughest matchup, has a good rb in a good matchup and who’s defense is playing the terrible joe flacco. 

id go stafford here. Best matchup. Best gamescript. Wouldn’t be against starting bridgewater either. Brissett has been solid all year, but I don’t see them having to throw to win this game. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This home game vs a very bad Washington team could be like game 1 where Cousins only had to throw 10 times for the win. And Theilen may be out.
This is what I'm worried about. I may swap to tannehill

This is what I'm worried about. I may swap to tannehill
Tannehil at home vs the Bucs is not a bad option. Chance of rain listed at 26%. My alternate to Cousins is Goff at home versus the Begals, which is also not bad.

Cousins may not ever again throw as few as 10 times in a game, but I doubt if he gets a lot of yards vs wash. Maybe some TDs.

Tannehil at home vs the Bucs is not a bad option. Chance of rain listed at 26%. My alternate to Cousins is Goff at home versus the Begals, which is also not bad.

Cousins may not ever again throw as few as 10 times in a game, but I doubt if he gets a lot of yards vs wash. Maybe some TDs.
I'd lean Goff.  Game is in London fwiw.

Don't forget that the Bengals are a run "funnel" because they're so bad against it. That's PFF terminology for when a team is so weak at an area on defense that if you have a player on offense against another area, the points might get funneled away to the weaker part.

IOW, you guys might run the ball all day on Cincinnati and hurt Goff's score.

dahabi said:
Kareem Hunt time?
I prioritized Guice over Hunt -- I am not sure how long it may take for Guice to be back in and back up to speed, but I am more confident that he'll see more snaps/carries than Hunt. 

I don't think Chubb just goes away, and at best it's a 50/50 time split. I don't see that split happening b/w Guice and AP. 

Who knows, we'll see.

I prioritized Guice over Hunt -- I am not sure how long it may take for Guice to be back in and back up to speed, but I am more confident that he'll see more snaps/carries than Hunt. 

I don't think Chubb just goes away, and at best it's a 50/50 time split. I don't see that split happening b/w Guice and AP. 

Who knows, we'll see.
whhhaaaa?  chubb still gets 70% of the touches with hunt back

Don't forget that the Bengals are a run "funnel" because they're so bad against it. That's PFF terminology for when a team is so weak at an area on defense that if you have a player on offense against another area, the points might get funneled away to the weaker part.

IOW, you guys might run the ball all day on Cincinnati and hurt Goff's score.
Yes, speaking as someone with Goff, not necessarily the qb pointfest indicated by the rams o/u being around 30.  I've been burned before by these favored qbs just grinding away the clock with the ground game once they get the lead.

whhhaaaa?  chubb still gets 70% of the touches with hunt back
I think we are coming from the same place. To clarify, I meant the best a Hunt owner could hope for is a 50/50 split. I don't think that's likely, but while Chubb has been great, so has Hunt. We'll see how it shakes out.

So between Hunt and Guice, I'd rather take Guice who I think will be getting 60-70% of the carries than a guy like Hunt who could command anywhere between 30-50% of the carries -- and likely less as Chubb>>>AP

Who knows, we'll see.
I don't like Guice.  He has some competition with AP for carries and Thompson will be the pass catcher.  Now add the fact of how bad Washington is.  They are in the bottom tier for rushing attempts at 21 a game.  Low volume and competition for touches doesn't give good expectations.  I just don't see any scenario where Guice is someone that can help you win your league.

Hunt also has a tough road but at least there are possibilities given his skill level.  He could get traded.  He could push Chubb for more involvement and he will be involved in the passing game.  I'm not saying Hunt is a sure thing.  I just think there is a greater chance that Hunt could be a difference maker.

I don't like Guice.  He has some competition with AP for carries and Thompson will be the pass catcher.  Now add the fact of how bad Washington is.  They are in the bottom tier for rushing attempts at 21 a game.  Low volume and competition for touches doesn't give good expectations.  I just don't see any scenario where Guice is someone that can help you win your league.

Hunt also has a tough road but at least there are possibilities given his skill level.  He could get traded.  He could push Chubb for more involvement and he will be involved in the passing game.  I'm not saying Hunt is a sure thing.  I just think there is a greater chance that Hunt could be a difference maker.
I made the exact points you made about AP and Thompson and a potential RBBC in the Guice thread, so you're certainly not way off-base in my book.

All good counterpoints. But also the same conjecture (e.g. pinning hopes that Hunt's value rises if he's traded -- that's certainly a possibility, but less likely IMHO than CLE keeping him on).

We'll see. My main worry with Guice is how long it will take him to get back up to speed. I think there is naturally going to be a break-in period -- it's really the playoff stretch that is interesting to me. Even if WAS is that much further out of it, if you have a double-digit RB1 on a team, there's value there.

Another thing to consider w Guice is that Gruden seemed to love him.   With Gruden gone, we aren't sure of what degree of loyalty is associated with him.   Having said that, I have him stashed in case he does step into opportunity upon his return.   

PIcked up Tannenhill as a plug in player for Goff's Bye in week 9 but contemplating starting him this week against a week TB pass D.  

IMO you have to be a special kind of desperate to start Smallwood on the road in Minnesota on a Thursday night.
LOL, thats me I guess.  My waiver wire is bare and DJ is out.

It's smallwood or Darrel Henderson/Penny

LOL, thats me I guess.  My waiver wire is bare and DJ is out.

It's smallwood or Darrel Henderson/Penny
I like Henderson this week. The Cinci run D is terrible and Rams should cruise. I would anticipate Henderson getting a lot of usage and for his touches to be very efficient against that D.

I like Henderson this week. The Cinci run D is terrible and Rams should cruise. I would anticipate Henderson getting a lot of usage and for his touches to be very efficient against that D.
Looks like Malcolm Brown wasn't at practice today..... I may have to go the Henderson route, damn Thursday night games.

Who knows, we'll see.
a few comments here. to me, hunt comes back as the clear backup ( i believe glazer stated this last week)... that being said, the upside of hunt if chubb were to go down is far greater than whatever guice would get you on 1st and 2nd down RB on a terrible team. hunt has league winning upside

Is there any reason to believe that either Jalen Richard or DeAndre Washington will get more than 50% of snaps if Josh Jacobs is out this week?

Percentage of Snaps

Jalen Richard        DeAndre Washington

Week 1          16.4%                       9.1%

Week 2          27.4%                      24.2%

Week 3          49.2%                      15.3%

Week 4          28.1%                      20.3%

Week 5          15.3%                      18.1%

Week 6           Bye                           Bye

Week 7          22.7%                       21.2%

Is there any reason to believe that either Jalen Richard or DeAndre Washington will get more than 50% of snaps if Josh Jacobs is out this week?                       
I'm assuming the game plan would be to have DeAndre in on first and second, Richard on third. But yeah, it'll be a cluster. 

Cameron Brate could be a nice fill-in at tight end if OJ Howard is out.  Brate plays the Texans, Seahawks, and Cardinals over the next 3 weeks.  They've given up the 10th, 5th, and 1st highest average fantasy points to opposing tight ends this season.

Cameron Brate could be a nice fill-in at tight end if OJ Howard is out.  Brate plays the Texans, Seahawks, and Cardinals over the next 3 weeks.  They've given up the 10th, 5th, and 1st highest average fantasy points to opposing tight ends this season.
Tampa Bay does not seem to utilize their TEs much (32 targets in 6 games), which is consistent with Bruce Ariana's MO for his entire coaching career.

Anyone else slightly giddy with excitement of the fact that Tennessee receivers (and tight ends) finally have a semi-decent pocket QB throwing them the ball?
Cory Davis is a available in my league and this week's matchup looks solid.

What about on the flip side and going Jonnu if Walker sits?
not a bad desperation play with walker out. He stepped up with his limited opportunities this past week. They should have to throw the ball a lot against TB, who doesn't give up much in the run game. 

Users who are viewing this thread