What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Selling an old truck "help me not get ripped off" (1 Viewer)

Wooderson

Fight The Power
FBG I'm in need of tips on the best way to sell my old 73 IH pickup truck. I listed it on a Facebook group that I'm part of that focuses on that type of truck. I've gotten two responses in the first 24 hours that seem interested.. 

I've just spoke to one guy and he is from Michigan the truck is in California. He is willing to give me a cashier check for the purchase and also give me $500 through PayPal today to hold the truck so he can find shipping options.  He seemed legit knew about the type of truck but it's just strange not selling this in person.

The truck is $4,000 if that matters he will give me a deposit of $500. 

Help me do this right. Thanks 

If you just spoke to a real person on the phone (and he didn't sound like a Nigerian), it should be fine. Ask him to send you a copy of his driver's license and then run a background check on him.

FBG I'm in need of tips on the best way to sell my old 73 IH pickup truck. I listed it on a Facebook group that I'm part of that focuses on that type of truck. I've gotten two responses in the first 24 hours that seem interested.. 

I've just spoke to one guy and he is from Michigan the truck is in California. He is willing to give me a cashier check for the purchase and also give me $500 through PayPal today to hold the truck so he can find shipping options.  He seemed legit knew about the type of truck but it's just strange not selling this in person.

The truck is $4,000 if that matters he will give me a deposit of $500. 

Help me do this right. Thanks 
Nice truck.  What condition?

It’s not a show truck. But has no serious rust original and runs great. 

I drove it today and ran errands with it. 

It’s not a show truck. But has no serious rust original and runs great. 

I drove it today and ran errands with it. 
Put is on Facebook Marketplace to try and get a local buyer.  When I sold my daughter car she used in college it was for the same price.  I posted it and within 24 hours I had over 50 messages.   Agreed to sell the car for 4500 to a younger girl who was going to use it for college as well. It was an older Taurus but very clean and solid.   After watching the girl and her dad look the car over I said just make it 4K as she reminded me of my daughter. 

I was asking 5K to start and or course half the messages said will you take 3K or 2500 cash?

Probably legit.  My stepdad sold and old v12 Jaguar (I think it was e-series) to people out of state.  It’s not like some run of the mill 2010 Ford Focus you’re trying to move and getting out of state offers

Users who are viewing this thread