What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drop McLaurin? (1 Viewer)

JoeMoney

Footballguy
With Haskins starting again this week, and the Skins having a lost season and maybe wanting to play him the rest of the year to get him experience, is this the time to drop McLaurin for other options such as Davante Parker, Crowder, Pascal, or even a guy like Josh Reynolds who could have value if Cooks is seriously hurt.

I’m pretty deep at WR and McLaurin is probably my 4th at this time.

Thoughts?

He is way more talented than those players you listed but that really doesn't matter if the QB is crap.  Since you he is your WR4 I would need a wr with a higher upside than McLaurin.  I am not sure any of those really do.  Possibly Parker as long as Fitzmagic stays as the starter.  I would probably hold for now and hope that Haskins remembers how to play football and is able to find McLaurin (because he is always open). 

what type of league??? Redraft, keeper, dynasty...  at this moment without knowing, I am not giving up McLaurin at all

RoS I like Parker then Pascal over McLaurin. I can see the argument that Haskins will lock in on his old teammate but I'm just not certain Haskins can develop on this team RoS. He certainly has the tools but this team is simply not good and I think the focus has clearly shifted to the run with Callahan taking over, so even if Haskins develops I don't think McLaurin will have nearly the opportunities RoS that made him such a phenom early on.

My poll TIA

This was a redraft league.  I ended up dropping him for Parker.  I realized after I posted this I was in a bye week issue and had to make a move

thanks for the feedback all. 

RoS I like Parker then Pascal over McLaurin. I can see the argument that Haskins will lock in on his old teammate but I'm just not certain Haskins can develop on this team RoS. He certainly has the tools but this team is simply not good and I think the focus has clearly shifted to the run with Callahan taking over, so even if Haskins develops I don't think McLaurin will have nearly the opportunities RoS that made him such a phenom early on.

My poll TIA
agree.

Users who are viewing this thread