What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New Orleans Footballguys Meetup Saturday 11/9/19? (1 Viewer)

Sounds fun, but no can do.  I'm not close enough to New Orleans to do that and deal with the Saturday plans I have.  You all have a lovely time.

Enjoy the new MSY.  The locals are all in an uproar about it but I found it to be a much better experience than the old one even with opening day kinks.

I'm in New Orleans this weekend for a wedding celebration. Who might be up for a Footballguys Meetup at @tipsy mcstagger's  McClure's BBQ This Saturday 11/9 for lunch? Maybe like 1 pm? I've got to bug out for the wedding thing at 3. But could be fun to do a meetup.

First round of beers is on me. 

@SaintsInDome2006 @Henry Ford @Tiger Fanand others? What do you guys think?
I'd love to Joe, but I have a boatload of people coming to my house for the LSU game.  I'm about an hour north of N.O., but you're more than welcome to come join me getting stupid drunk and cooking all day.  

Enjoy the new MSY.  The locals are all in an uproar about it but I found it to be a much better experience than the old one even with opening day kinks.
Is that the airport?

It's awesome inside. Really cool. The Lyft / Uber pickup is a disaster though. They'll get it figured out I'm sure. But it was rough yesterday. 

@Joe Bryant if you're a hazy IPA fan, you need to find a Ghost In The Machine.  You're finer beer establishments will have them on tap.  Any local grocer should carry it as well.  

Avenue Pub is the best place to get the widest variety of local drafts in the city.

@Joe Bryant if you're a hazy IPA fan, you need to find a Ghost In The Machine.  You're finer beer establishments will have them on tap.  Any local grocer should carry it as well.  

Avenue Pub is the best place to get the widest variety of local drafts in the city.
Thanks GB. I"m at Urban South now and loving the Holy Roller and Citralicious. Cochon tonight and I'll see if they have Ghost In The Machine. Thanks. 

Sounds fun.....I will know whether or not it's a possibility later tonight.  Thx
@Joe Bryant

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to pull this off...got a bunch going on with soccer for the kids, lsu game and getting a few things done...and gotta go to the saints game tomorrow.  Enjoy this great city and have a blast at the wedding!

Last edited by a moderator:
la Barbecue! Great shirt. Le Ann saying a lot with few words.
You know BBQ. I'm a fan of La Barbecue there in Austin. I fell in love with BBQ at her fathers's place, Louie Mueller's in Taylor. Her brother Wayne, the owner now, is a long time Footballguys subscriber and has become a good friend. As you may know, that's a BBQ Royalty family. And an interesting one throwing John in the mix too.

But La Barbecue I think now is my Austin go to when I'm in that Cesar Chavez area. Franklin is great but not worth the wait and Micklethwaite is great too. Valentinas might be my favorite but it's a drive. La Barbecue just hits the sweet spot. 

You know BBQ. I'm a fan of La Barbecue there in Austin. I fell in love with BBQ at her fathers's place, Louie Mueller's in Taylor. Her brother Wayne, the owner now, is a long time Footballguys subscriber and has become a good friend. As you may know, that's a BBQ Royalty family. And an interesting one throwing John in the mix too.

But La Barbecue I think now is my Austin go to when I'm in that Cesar Chavez area. Franklin is great but not worth the wait and Micklethwaite is great too. Valentinas might be my favorite but it's a drive. La Barbecue just hits the sweet spot. 
Wow. I've been going to Mueller's since their father, Bobby, was the pitmaster.  I thought the place was going to stumble when Bobby passed but instead Wayne kicked it up a notch and on a good day they are the best in the state, IMO. I don't live in TX anymore but I still make it a point to get to Louie Mueller's 3-4 times a year. I don't get to la barbecue enough but it's been great the few times I've been. I lost track of John after Black Box. Hope he's doing OK.

Wow. I've been going to Mueller's since their father, Bobby, was the pitmaster.  I thought the place was going to stumble when Bobby passed but instead Wayne kicked it up a notch and on a good day they are the best in the state, IMO. I don't live in TX anymore but I still make it a point to get to Louie Mueller's 3-4 times a year. I don't get to la barbecue enough but it's been great the few times I've been. I lost track of John after Black Box. Hope he's doing OK.
John's tough to keep up with ;)  This is latest I have on him. https://austin.eater.com/2019/9/9/20856955/john-mueller-black-box-bbq-moved-pflugerville-juiceland-opens-east-austin-plaza-saltillo

If you like this stuff, you might like my friends who do this podcast. https://bryannorton.podbean.com/  It's not NPR quality but they're really good guys and love and know a ton about Texas BBQ.

I know the guy that was in charge of all the upgrades there.  He said it was a bear.

Sounds like you had a good time, Joe!

Users who are viewing this thread