Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Big League Chew

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread

3 minutes ago, moleculo said:

I fear i don't have enough prepped.  My wife went out today in search of more TP and hand sanitizer, couldn't find any.  I don't know if we need it, or its nervous hoarding.

I do know i don't have nearly enough booze.  I have plenty of beer but i feel bourbon coming on over the next couple of weeks.

Its fine...wash your hands and your ###. You'll be fi.......YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH BOOZE?????

• Like 1
  • Laughing 4

Am CEO of a 100 person subsidiary based in  a downtown metropolitan financial district.  Parent company is located in a red state...leadership there is a bunch fox news watchers and last night I emailed the parent company CEO (my boss) and told him I was moving all employees into work-from-home (WFH) mode.  This morning I spent 10 minutes explaining to him that "this is NOT the seasonal flu and that I was adamant about giving WFH option to all employees.  He said  "I understand your concern, but no reason for you to be leading this."  Exasperated I said "all due respect, but there is a dearth of leadership on this at the federal level.  I have responsibility for 100 people, their families, and our ongoing business and I am tired of being 1-2 weeks ahead of the rest of the country."  He eventually acquiesced to my passion moreso than my argument, but whatever.  

Anyway, not looking for praise because I am frankly embarrassed I didn't have the fortitude to stand up for my people at this time LAST week.  Still, I have all of you to thank for the hygiene regimen we started 4 weeks ago, the light social distancing we began 3 weeks ago, the international travel ban we instituted 2 weeks ago, the domestic travel ban we instituted last week, and the WFH policy we put in place today.  Thank you all so much.  You have given me the insight, info, and courage I needed.

• Like 37
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2
  • Thinking 1

16 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

from Twitter:

In the hour after Trump delivered a speech intended to reassure the nation about virus 

- NBA canceled (Should be suspended) its season after all-star tests positive
- Tom Hanks announced he’s infected
- a senator announced her staffer infected

This feels like a night we’ll remember for a long time.

Don't forget Dow futures down almost 1000.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, comfortably numb said:

Its fine...wash your hands and your ###. You'll be fi.......YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH BOOZE?????

Hmm.  I wonder what time the liquor stores open tomorrow?

Eta: 9:00.  My calendar is clear until 11:00...or i should say was clear. Frugal McDougal, here i come!

Edited by moleculo
  • Like 2

I wonder if trade/cargo will be impacted during the 30 days.

57 minutes ago, shuke said:

If I had my own thread where I rated things—you get a 10000. Lol. This was truly magic. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, CurlyNight said:

I wonder if trade/cargo will be impacted during the 30 days.

Trump said ban on cargo during this speech tonight, but I am hearing that's not the whole truth.

1 hour ago, [icon] said:

GF went to brunch with a friend last Sunday. One friend was talking #### about the virus, and Went to Disney with her BF the next day. 

She's currently under quarantine at home with COVID symptoms. 

#Geoberted

Somebody has to explain why there have been so many wrongthinkers about COVID. I mean, there were always going to be doubters ... but they should have been confined to the lunatic fringe. Shouldn't have been like 2/3 of the nation totally doubting the seriousness of COVID. Shaking my head ... this has been seen coming clearly -- to the U.S. -- for over a month.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, shuke said:

Trump said ban on cargo during this speech tonight, but I am hearing that's not the whole truth.

He later tweeted trade and cargo not impacted at all. 

• Like 1

So we’re not testing for covid-19 why?

• Like 3

Just now, Leeroy Jenkins said:

He later tweeted trade and cargo not impacted at all. 

Did I hear incorrectly?

Posted (edited)

I went to Walmart tonite. Got to the door and hand disinfectant wipes were handed out at the door. I thought about using  the fruit/veggie bags over my face, kind like when we were kids.

Edited by GROOT
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, Doug B said:

Somebody has to explain why there have been so many wrongthinkers about COVID. I mean, there were always going to be doubters ... but they should have been confined to the lunatic fringe. Shouldn't have been like 2/3 of the nation totally doubting the seriousness of COVID. Shaking my head ... this has been seen coming clearly -- to the U.S. -- for over a month.

Meet me in the "Government Response" thread.

• Like 4

A school district in northern Kentucky is going the online learning route for a month.  I can't image what working parents with young kids are going to do.  

1 hour ago, Pipes said:

Why not suspend it for a few weeks and see what happens

Because what's going to happen is known with absolute certainty. Absolute.

• Like 2

From LA times: The reverend and parishioners have confirmed that Rev. Janet Broderick, who tested positive for coronavirus, is the sister of actor Matthew Broderick.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Morton Muffley said:

Am CEO of a 100 person subsidiary based in  a downtown metropolitan financial district.  Parent company is located in a red state...leadership there is a bunch fox news watchers and last night I emailed the parent company CEO (my boss) and told him I was moving all employees into work-from-home (WFH) mode.  This morning I spent 10 minutes explaining to him that "this is NOT the seasonal flu and that I was adamant about giving WFH option to all employees.  He said  "I understand your concern, but no reason for you to be leading this."  Exasperated I said "all due respect, but there is a dearth of leadership on this at the federal level.  I have responsibility for 100 people, their families, and our ongoing business and I am tired of being 1-2 weeks ahead of the rest of the country."  He eventually acquiesced to my passion moreso than my argument, but whatever.  

Anyway, not looking for praise because I am frankly embarrassed I didn't have the fortitude to stand up for my people at this time LAST week.  Still, I have all of you to thank for the hygiene regimen we started 4 weeks ago, the light social distancing we began 3 weeks ago, the international travel ban we instituted 2 weeks ago, the domestic travel ban we instituted last week, and the WFH policy we put in place today.  Thank you all so much.  You have given me the insight, info, and courage I needed.

I hope your boss realizes how right you were after today.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, shuke said:

Thought it was no ban on cargo and trade unaffected? I'm not one to quote on this however.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wazoo11 said:

So we’re not testing for covid-19 why?

Not enough test kits. Triaging who really needs it for now.

32 minutes ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

Everyone was ripping on @[icon] Past few weeks for being worried.  Now everyone wishing they were prepared.

got a spot open at your compound buddy?

:lol: I just have a normal house, just happens to have full freezers and some closet, pantry, and dresser space allocated to supplies. My buddy is the one with the "compound" that HOPEFULLY we Won't need to relocate to. 

27 minutes ago, Capella said:

Well early guys in here were right. Glad we have like 3 months worth of food. I’ll get tired of eating it but whatever. GLTA

:highfive: glad you finally came around and got ready. If you get sick of your chow, just take solace you're not out there in the Black Friday ####show of Karens gouging each other's eyes out over the last can of Chef Boyardee. 

27 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

Good news. Kept kids home this week and we’re hunkered down with months of supplies. Bad news. I had most of my 7 figures in 401ks in bonds and moved about half into stocks this afternoon, and am going to take a major hit on that in overnight carnage. Thought Trump would announce stimulus plan instead of ####ting the bed. Plus NBA and Hanks news don’t help... I thought wrong. Probably losing 2-3% of my retirement tomorrow.

Glad you're settled in. The market will rebound and that money will come back. Just ride it out GB. 

19 minutes ago, SwampDawg said:

The real panic is going to be when peoples internet goes out and it takes 3 days to fix because Comcast or whoever is working from home with minimal field staff.

Noooo ####. We actually keep a backup ATT DSL line as fall back from our Xfinity cable internet. I also have VZW and ATT phones with hot spots and unlimited data. 

#beprepared.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, moleculo said:

I fear i don't have enough prepped.  My wife went out today in search of more TP and hand sanitizer, couldn't find any.  I don't know if we need it, or its nervous hoarding.

I do know i don't have nearly enough booze.  I have plenty of beer but i feel bourbon coming on over the next couple of weeks.

Yeah, would like to resupply on bourbon but will have to drive south of the border for it :kicksrock:

So, was that a yes or no on cargo pants?

• Like 1

Just now, Sinn Fein said:

So, was that a yes or no on cargo pants?

Yes on cargo, no to Capri

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Slapdash said:

Yeah, would like to resupply on bourbon but will have to drive south of the border for it :kicksrock:

Pedro’s Saloon!

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, moleculo said:

Hmm.  I wonder what time the liquor stores open tomorrow?

Eta: 9:00.  My calendar is clear until 11:00...or i should say was clear. Frugal McDougal, here i come!

will you drink the liquor or pour it over yourself?

Edited by Chemical X
  • Laughing 1

Declaring thinking guy as the ***Official*** FBG like response for the COVID-19 thread.

P.S. Don't touch your face!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 2

Just now, CurlyNight said:

Not enough test kits. Triaging who really needs it for now.

I can confirm.  My son has had a cough since Monday.  Wife took him to the doctor yesterday, primarily because he has a history of illness-induced asthma.  Was told it was a cold.  Cough got way worse overnight so wife called the doctor back today.  They put in an order at children's hospital for a chest x-ray and a whooping cough swab.  But no covid-19 test.  

I thought about demanding one but I'm leaving that decision to the experts.  

• Love 1
  • Sad 5

3 minutes ago, CurlyNight said:

NHL may follow NBA. Decision tomorrow. 

I would think they do the same. I expect march Madness to be cancelled and MLB to announce an indefinite suspension to the start of their season

Nebraska men’s basketball team is not leaving Bankers Life Arena. They were brought their food outside the locker room. They are not letting people back to the area now. I just walked back to the area here and they told me no one from Nebraska will be made available.

32 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Im close to having my first ever panic attack

Love ya GB... no need to panic. 

Hunker down. Take care of your family. Try to avoid getting this, but know that you'll likely still come out the other side even if you do. 

####s going to get weird for a bit... but The sun will rise tomorrow, and the next day, And the next. Eventually things will return to normal.

Then we'll have this crazy story to talk about for the rest of our lives. 

• Like 4

Nebraska basketball team quarantined in locker room.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, hagmania said:

Declaring thinking guy as the ***Official*** FBG like response for the COVID-19 thread.

P.S. Don't touch your face!

🤔

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

40 minutes ago, SwampDawg said:

So you don’t own a service business that requires you to interact directly with customers to maintain you business. Someone who owns a gym or a bar or is a plumber can’t work from home. I’m curious how those people if they are among the panicked are handling it.

I'm an electrician, we're going to work, but we're being vigilant about it, since I'm currently working in a retirement community. Guy who does trim just got back from a cruise, they wouldn't let him on the property.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, shuke said:

Are you guys serious?  You're getting me close to panic mode.  

I wouldn't panic, I just wanted to avoid the #### show tomorrow. We haven't had any confirmed cases in my town so things have been pretty calm, but the university just announced that they're canceling classes until the 28th. That, along with the national developments tonight, will probably get people around here a little worked up.

• Like 2

Buddy is in Hawaii. He busted his ankle bad riding a bike or something.  Went to doc and a box and a 70yo lady comes in the door of the waiting room under respiratory distress and passes out.   

He fled asap.  Place called him later to say she's from Seattle and arrived two days ago and presumed positive.  

Waiting to see this hit the news

• Sad 5

9 minutes ago, shuke said:

Did I hear incorrectly?

No you didn’t. He said something that sent the markets crashing that was outwardly incorrect. It is what it is, people were in here afterwards saying thank you mr president. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Chemical X said:

I miss ChemX's signature sign off

:hot:

• Thanks 1

Anyone think undocumented immigrants would seek medical care?

• Thinking 1

Just now, shuke said:

Nebraska basketball team quarantined in locker room.

Heard Hoiberg was sick to point that he left the game early and was taken to the hospital.  I’m sure we’ll find out soon if it’s COVID-19.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chemical X said:

Why not both?

Just now, SayWhat? said:

Heard Hoiberg was sick to point that he left the game early and was taken to the hospital.  I’m sure we’ll find out soon if it’s COVID-19.

Completely insane he was out there. Guy looked like death warmed over. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, CurlyNight said:

Anyone think undocumented immigrants would seek medical care?

You've never been to Dallas I take it. 

• Laughing 1

12 minutes ago, CurlyNight said:

From LA times: The reverend and parishioners have confirmed that Rev. Janet Broderick, who tested positive for coronavirus, is the sister of actor Matthew Broderick.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Janet pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 3

3 minutes ago, Kal El said:

Guy who does trim just got back from a cruise, they wouldn't let him on the property.

Was it Covid19 concerns or a jealous husband?

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

28 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Didn't realize spelling was graded on the sports forums 

New here huh? Welcome

7 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

Come on down, we have plenty :thumbup: Fort Mill could always use some of your crusty Uptown cash :moneybag:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, culdeus said:

You've never been to Dallas I take it. 

You've never made a persuasive argument.

• Laughing 1

10 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

Frugal McDougal.  9:00.

• Like 2

“fred hoiberg woke up sick, is ostensibly aware of the state of the world, and walked into a large gathering of people to coach a 7-24 basketball team anyway.”

the amount of stupidity and selfishness here is staggering. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1