What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (23 Viewers)

Trader Joe's: "Their statement says: "Beginning Monday, March 16th and until further notice, all Trader Joe’s stores will be open from 9:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. to support our Crew Members in taking care of one another and our customers."

Not trying to be political but the failure on testing here is appalling.  Testing and tracing is our number one way to contain it and we have totally dropped the ball.  It is a bit like no one was paying attention to China.  This includes political leadership and regular officials at CDC who should have been focused on it since at least Jan 1 and probably earlier.  

If I went too far, I am sorry.  
completely agree.  the lack of available testing in this country is appalling.  my wife went to the dr, 2 days ago.  dr assured her, that no covid-19 positive people had been in his office.  how would he know?  no tests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guy diagnosed with cv-19 says from his hospital bed that it's like suffocating on dry land.
He should have gone with "drowning" rather than "suffocating." That would have really made it pop. If he needs me to jazz up future updates, I'm available. 
Either way... that scares the bejeezus out of me.  That's essentially how Jack died. :cry:

My OH redneck friends are losing their minds over the authoritarian lockdown he is exercising right now. Communist is a frequently used term in their rants. I'm happy Dewine is stepping up to meet the challenge, I'm also very glad I don't live anywhere near my redneck friends in OH any more.
I could easily see this "redneck friends"* segment of the population doing some type of uprising through all these measures.  It's hard to reason with them about even common sense topics and these type of quarantines are going to push them over the edge.  I honestly don't know "what" I am.  In my extended family, I'm the city guy.  At work (in the city), I'm a redneck hilljack.  I can relate to either side, but, neither claims me.   :wall:     Maybe I'm "wishy-washy".

* there has to be a better term for this

I could easily see this "redneck friends"* segment of the population doing some type of uprising through all these measures.  It's hard to reason with them about even common sense topics and these type of quarantines are going to push them over the edge.  I honestly don't know "what" I am.  In my extended family, I'm the city guy.  At work (in the city), I'm a redneck hilljack.  I can relate to either side, but, neither claims me.   :wall:     Maybe I'm "wishy-washy".

Same here.  I am a "redneck city guy" for sure.  Although I don't own guns, so maybe not that redneck.  :lol:

But I do own a nice set of boots.  :D   

Is anyone else annoyed that they keep saying keep 6 ft. from people but yet they stand at this presser essentially shoulder to shoulder?

They need to be setting better examples - every one of us.
they are getting checked before allowed in the room, but yes, annoying since you can have it without symptoms.

I'm kinda like you, I can travel in either circle comfortably but I'm not sure either would lay claim to me at this point.

It will get to that. Saw a couple of tweets that there are Washington restaurants banding together to be open for sit down customers in defiance of the order for take out only. I suspect it's just bad info but I think we all know it's bound to happen at some point. Be interesting to see the response.

August doesn't seem right based on the China data, but it is TBD...that seems like a worst case.
Well China essentially locked down the country to combat this and did things that the US will not/can not do. I suspect that 1. it was much, much worse than China ever let on and they disposed of the evidence very quickly and 2. China isn't done with this yet.

I'm kinda like you, I can travel in either circle comfortably but I'm not sure either would lay claim to me at this point.

It will get to that. Saw a couple of tweets that there are Washington restaurants banding together to be open for sit down customers in defiance of the order for take out only. I suspect it's just bad info but I think we all know it's bound to happen at some point. Be interesting to see the response.
Haven't heard about this yet, but I know of many restaurants (including where Mr. krista works) that are staying open until 11:59 pm tonight in advance of the midnight ban.  The owners want to squeeze out those last nickels.

My brother works for a large engine manufacturer.  So far he said all they have done is taken away the salad bar

Also already hearing rumblings that some union manufacturers will stage a walkout pretty soon

Haven’t had a chance to get in here today, don’t know if it’s been posted, my wife told me PA state stores are closing tonight state wide. Better load up boys

Haven't heard about this yet, but I know of many restaurants (including where Mr. krista works) that are staying open until 11:59 pm tonight in advance of the midnight ban.  It's so frustrating that the owners just want to squeeze out those last nickels.
I know a LOT of folks in the service industry - non owners - who literally have no idea how they will weather this storm financially. And that is assuming they DON'T get sick, or if they do, it's "just a flu / bad flu" - It's understandable why folks call against any public place to be open, but it's just as understandable that someone is fighting to keep every last bit of their potential income because they might not see a paycheck for weeks, or months.

My buddy who is GM at a 6 million buck a year restaurant has employees (and we both have many friends) who could literally end up on the street due to lack of income.  They have nothing saved - and even those with 1-2 months savings with children are concerned if they can make it through this without losing their home, defaulting on the car, etc.  IF any of them actually get sick and need medical attention? It could be over for them, financially.  An entire industry of people.

That's not at all to undercut the need to stem the spread.  Just pointing out that moreso than the restaurant owners I know (those I know arent facing eviction or inability to pay for medical care, and legit care about their employees like family in many cases), it's the hourly/tip based workers that are the loudest voice to keep things running. Because myopic or not, their reality otherwise is bleak EVEN IF they don't get sick.

So scary.  Our entire system and way of life as a nation has positioned us to be so vulnerable in ways I don't think many of us had even imagined. 

Went in for about 4 hours early this morning, have not heard anything from management about whether we are still expected to continue working. :shrug:
Breaking local news now. Trump was interrupted. 

SF mayor orders SF folks to remain home. Only essential places open only and go only if must to grocery stores and pharmacies. It's happening to all of Bay Area. Through April 7 but could be longer.

Users who are viewing this thread