What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (22 Viewers)

Has anyone here confirmed positive, or immediate family positive?  Just curious how we are doing as a group. 
My dad's GF (80 years old) tested positive, He may have a mild version of it (he's 88) but hasn't been tested. He feels a little feverish but no respiratory issues, none of the other symptoms. He lives with my sister (2nd floor of her house) so he's both in quarantine and under close scrutiny.

Movies like 12 Monkeys reminds everyone of what we are all going through.  I think Wall-E is actually just as accurate.  It was my oldest son's favorite movie as child.  Must have watched it hundreds of times. Just sitting around getting fat.  I should probably beat the rush and order a Rascal now. 

About the Wuhan lockdown, I don’t know.

In the US, I’d expect big box pet stores to close, but for vets to stay open.
Our vet sent a notice that you need to call when you arrive, they’ll come get your dog and call you during evaluation then return the dog

I should have said pet but actually need to take my dog in on Saturday so dog was on my mind

Last edited by a moderator:
Movies like 12 Monkeys reminds everyone of what we are all going through.  I think Wall-E is actually just as accurate.  It was my oldest son's favorite movie as child.  Must have watched it hundreds of times. Just sitting around getting fat.  I should probably beat the rush and order a Rascal now. 
Segway presented a version of that chair last year I believe

Honest question: Pet stores/Vets open?
If you’re asking about the US, my wife does billing for the biggest 24 hour animal hospital in the state, and they have no plans on closing. She is currently working from home half the time, but says they are as busy as ever. Today, she said they are no longer letting clients/patients into the hospital. They are to call from the parking lot, and a tech will go out and get the animal. 

Now as far as being an essential service, I’m not sure where they’re going to fall if/when it comes to that. 

If you’re asking about the US, my wife does billing for the biggest 24 hour animal hospital in the state, and they have no plans on closing. She is currently working from home half the time, but says they are as busy as ever. Today, she said they are no longer letting clients/patients into the hospital. They are to call from the parking lot, and a tech will go out and get the animal. 

Now as far as being an essential service, I’m not sure where they’re going to fall if/when it comes to that. 
A lot of vets here are closed, so the one's still open are slammed.

Prince Albert of Monaco became the first head of state to contract Covid-19 today. This info is 5-6 hours old so it’s probably been posted multiple times.

FBGs of a certain vintage will remember him as being on several bobsled teams, & IIRC he was their Olympic flag bearer as well.

Anyone not wanting/needing their government check, I will give you my venmo.  Got a 16 year old boy that's already tackled the chips, now eyeballing other snacks, a 13 year old daughter who recently started her womanly duties that finds any chocolate or really any sweets in the house and we have temporary custody of 3 year old twin boys that are like little baby birds always chirping "hungry, hungry, hungry" and are not fully potty trained so the tp and diaper issue will hit us soon.  We didnt have them 6 months last year so they wouldnt show up in any tax forms for the assistance.  I make decent money but I will be glad to use up anyone's "extra".

Just got back from a long walk. Our older neighbors came out at the end to play with their dog. We were talking and they were like 10 feet away and the husband starting coughing and I was like whelp good night y’all! :lmao:  Don’t get that #### on me, GD

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont understand this, $1k free extra money is not enough?  What if this wasnt a pandemic and they lost their job for other reasons?  Do they expect the govt to foot the bill for their "high cost of living areas"?

Look, im as liberal as they come, but if someone cant afford to live somewhere when times are tough, maybe they shouldnt be living there?
So when everything shuts down for 30 days (which needs to happen asap) how do you propose people buy groceries or pay any of their bills?

Nah, just wait a few weeks and it'll be a buyers market on gently used Rascals. 

#toosoon?

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
Got our  ** Official ** COVID protocol at work today.  Those of us working from home who are not high risk should come back to work to not set a precedence of more people wanting to work from home.  Check your temperature before coming to work (if possible).  If you have temp of 100.4 or higher, stay home.  Don't come back until 3 days after the fever breaks.   :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Got our  ** Official ** COVID protocol at work today.  Those of us working from home who are not high risk should come back to work to not set a precedence of more people wanting to work from home.  Check your temperature before coming to work (if possible).  If you have temp of 100.4 or higher, stay home.  Don't come back until 3 days after the fever breaks.   :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
my wife's employer continues to be as equally insane. I am thinking at this point, it will take the death of someone at her place of employment before they get serious about WFH and doing their part. In the meantime, it is all eyes on the bottom line which is likely to be a very short-sighted way to view the current scenario. #rantover

The “just a flu bro” narrative is not dead yet

You work for idiots.  No offense.

The wife and I were swabbed this morning. Sat and waited for Flu A&B results to come back, both negative. Doctor then said they are sending our swabs in for the  Covid test, we'll know in a day or two.

At first they said they would only send my wife's sample for Covid, since she is the one who's had direct contact with a known positive, but when the Dr. heard me cough he said he was sending mine as well. 

Yeah, that's dumb. I hope you're in Greenland.

WNEP in Pennsylvania just reported that Governor Wolf has ordered all non-Life sustaining businesses in Pennsylvania to close their physical locations by 8 PM tonight
“The following are considered “life-sustaining” businesses and will stay open, according to WPXI in Pittsburgh:

Grocery stores

Pharmacies

Gas stations

Beer distributors

Transit and transportation systems

Taxi services”

🍺🍺🍺

CBS Evening News

DEVELOPING: Senate Republicans unveiled a proposal to send $1,200 payments to Americans who earn under $99K a year.

Jobless claims across the U.S. have spiked so quickly, up 150% in WA alone, that several state websites crashed.

CBS News

Governor Gavin Newsom says he projects more than half of Californians (25.5 million people) will be infected with the coronavirus over an 8-week period, in letter to President Trump. 

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
Anyone else hearing tomorrow is the day they shut everything down? It’s rumor that someone is spreading daily but someone w DOD ties related this one.l so was curious if anyone else is hearing it.....going to kill us at work with a closing. 

Governor of Pennsylvania pretty much shutting down the State of PA and then enforcing it with the police and local authorities at 12:01 on Sat Night...

I predict violence is going to come in a massive backlash at some point. I'm not hoping for it but we got a lot of folks with guns and ammo that don't trust the government.

Ouch!

Anyone know if the symptoms hit really fast, like sometimes happens with the flu, or do they drag out for hours or days before getting worse?

My wife was just given the option of having her pay cut in half and picking up the duties of her hotel staff (working the front desk, cleaning rooms, generally interacting with the public, etc) or being "furloughed" and being allowed to claim unemployment, which amounts to what her pay would be if she took the pay cut. Yeah, we'll take option B.

Governor of Pennsylvania pretty much shutting down the State of PA and then enforcing it with the police and local authorities at 12:01 on Sat Night...

I predict violence is going to come in a massive backlash at some point. I'm not hoping for it but we got a lot of folks with guns and ammo that don't trust the government.

Ouch!
Hardware stores should be added to the list of businesses. 

Users who are viewing this thread