What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***2020 Democrat Primary/Caucus Thread*** Biden Is Your Demoractic Nominee (4 Viewers)

For once I agree with you. The problem is I don’t think that time is now. 
But next time you will say you don't think the time is now, and the time after that you will say the same thing. Don't want to upset the status quo and disrupt my cushy life. In 20 years or so (if not sooner), the US is going to swing HARD left, when all everyone has known has been massive debt the second they turn 18, and things that their parents and grandparents got for almost nothing are now either unobtainable or they will be paying off until they are 60. Capitalism in the US is essentially a ponzi scheme at this point, and the marks getting ripped off are everyone under 40. Just want to make sure boomers don't have a second of discomfort though, they vote!

But next time you will say you don't think the time is now, and the time after that you will say the same thing. Don't want to upset the status quo and disrupt my cushy life. In 20 years or so (if not sooner), the US is going to swing HARD left, when all everyone has known has been massive debt the second they turn 18, and things that their parents and grandparents got for almost nothing are now either unobtainable or they will be paying off until they are 60. Capitalism in the US is essentially a ponzi scheme at this point, and the marks getting ripped off are everyone under 40. Just want to make sure boomers don't have a second of discomfort though, they vote!
Yup at this point it's pretty much "nah, I think I'll wait til I'm on my deathbed to hand off the baton".

huthut said:
1. Do you think the Democrats are going to win a supermajority in the Senate this year? (hint: They're not; they likely won't even win the majority)

2. If the answer to 1 is no, how is a hard left candidate unwilling to compromise going to get anything done?

1. Do you think the Democrats are going to win a supermajority in the Senate this year? (hint: They're not; they likely won't even win the majority)

2. If the answer to 1 is no, how is a hard left candidate unwilling to compromise going to get anything done?
It’s only a matter of time until the filibuster is gone.  In any case, lots of stuff happens other than legislation. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems undeniable at this point that Bernie will win the popular vote - I wonder if those who like to point out Hillary’s popular vote “win” will do the same for Bernie.

At this point I'm starting to buy into the idea that Bernie won this thing and the DNC/IDP is just holding out on revealing it until after NH so there's no clear leader going into it, giving Pete a slightly better chance.

It seems undeniable at this point that Bernie will win the popular vote - I wonder if those who like to point out Hillary’s popular vote “win” will do the same for Bernie.
There are so many things wrong with the Iowa caucus freak show that it's not relevant, especially when the totals are close. And by freak show, I'm referring to the fact that it's a process designed for people unburdened by childcare (and other responsibilities) who want to hang out in an auditorium all evening and cast aside their right to cast a ballot in privacy.  The only positive thing I have to say about it is that it's great for building campaign staffs and separating the wheat from the chaff.  Or should I say, the kernel from the husk?

At this point I'm starting to buy into the idea that Bernie won this thing and the DNC/IDP is just holding out on revealing it until after NH so there's no clear leader going into it, giving Pete a slightly better chance.
I think that’s a possible explanation if this drags on for more than another day or so.  I still see it as highly unlikely but considering someone with Excel could complete the work it will look extremely fishy if this takes until the weekend.

There are so many things wrong with the Iowa caucus freak show that it's not relevant, especially when the totals are close. And by freak show, I'm referring to the fact that it's a process designed for people unburdened by childcare (and other responsibilities) who want to hang out in an auditorium all evening and cast aside their right to cast a ballot in privacy.  The only positive thing I have to say about it is that it's great for building campaign staffs and separating the wheat from the chaff.  Or should I say, the kernel from the husk?
I don’t disagree and hopefully they changes things.  But I think it’s at least somewhat fair to compare the two things. We heard a lot of “those are the rules” directed at Bernie supporters in 2016 to then have the same folks talk about her popular vote victory.  Seems a little disingenuous to me.

We have really short memories don't we?  I am old enough to remember when Iowa took two weeks to announce Santorum actually won the caucus in 2012.  The only interesting part of this whole fiasco is that a software company couldn't figure out how to write an app my 12 year old son could write.
Thats a very different scenario. That was basically a recount. 

Thats a very different scenario. That was basically a recount. 
Isn't that what they are doing here?  They saw wrong numbers via the app and are now going back and doing it by hand?  I don't disagree that it's a ####show.  All I'm saying is I'm not exactly sure what people are expecting anymore.  It's like assuming that Broward County here in Florida is going to have their #### together "this time"  :shrug:  

How is it even possible that 28% of Iowa precincts are unable to report how many people stood in what spot of their high school gymnasium?  Do they not have telephones in Iowa?

How is it even possible that 28% of Iowa precincts are unable to report how many people stood in what spot of their high school gymnasium?  Do they not have telephones in Iowa?
I'm not sure it's the precincts that are failing to report. I've seen some news that counties as a whole have reported everything in but their tallies stand at less than 100% right now.

If everyone wants the initial count to take less than 1 day - and if folks see that as feasible - then a recount should only take 1 day also.  Not two weeks.
We knew the results as they did it. Hey guys romney is up by 8 we are doing this again. Hey guys Santorum is up by 34, we are still verifying because we cant find the ballots from 8 precincts.

We were told that what happened here is a reporting app had problems, but dont worry we can just report numbers old fashioned way.

Now maybe they are verifying pictures and notes and who knows what else? 

Apples and oranges all day as we have zero idea wtf is going on in iowa right now. 

And if you have ever watched a recount you can see why it takes so much longer. Ballots that day one just got counted are now lookednat by 374 people and their uncles to examine voter intent and what they had for lunch based on the fatty stain in the corner. 

I think that’s a possible explanation if this drags on for more than another day or so.  I still see it as highly unlikely but considering someone with Excel could complete the work it will look extremely fishy if this takes until the weekend.
I heard at least one person from the IDP who was taking calls on results from the caucus managers that were not making sense with the new rules - that candidates who didn't make the initial viability threshold ended up getting delegates after realignment. They are probably trying to figure out what to do with things like that. The requirement to report out all numbers with vote totals for each round is probably exposing what a mess this caucus process is and likely has always been. I'm sure changing the rules this year didn't help accompanied by lack of training.

Or is a vast anti-Bernie conspiracy because everyone is out to get him. 

This is the stuff of a banana republic, the count gets frozen for almost 12 hours on a big news night showing Pete in first by percentage.  Thats the sticky message in the mind of the viewer.  Bernie had more votes.  Now it tightens overnight.  I'd imagine some time Friday afternoon, away from the news cycle, Bernie will be declared the winner.   PS, the DNC is coming in to take over the recount.  There is an organization that needs a PR makeover, not one who should be jumping into this fray

Once again, we are worried about Russian interference and these guys would mess up a one car funeral.

Because they probably effed the whole thing up while they were in the gym.

Well if you have a better way of registering votes than having people stand in a certain spot in the gym I'd sure like to hear it, Mr. Smartypants.  
I say we hire a start-up software company with political connections to make an app or all caucus goers to use.  Then we don't test it and roll it out on the big night!

This is the stuff of a banana republic, the count gets frozen for almost 12 hours on a big news night showing Pete in first by percentage.  Thats the sticky message in the mind of the viewer.  Bernie had more votes.  Now it tightens overnight.  I'd imagine some time Friday afternoon, away from the news cycle, Bernie will be declared the winner.   PS, the DNC is coming in to take over the recount.  There is an organization that needs a PR makeover, not one who should be jumping into this fray

Once again, we are worried about Russian interference and these guys would mess up a one car funeral.
Huh?   You think Bernie will win the caucus because he had more votes, and that this is a conspiracy?  New to the caucus?

Because on more than one occasion a couple people people left their corner to use the outhouse. Which led to having to recount.

And THAT involved a lot of removing of shoes again to access toes for counting and...

Huh?   You think Bernie will win the caucus because he had more votes, and that this is a conspiracy?  New to the caucus?
No I don't think he'll win because of that, I'm wondering at this phase, what's the point of posting a tally that isn't constantly updating, there were no results all night?

Iowa is pointless apart from being an initial first gage of where the public is leaning.  The delegates are relatively an insignificant metric moving forward, they're more procedural but the raw votes offer more in terms of support in a candidate.  

All that aside, all that said, I think Bernie will win the delegates in the end too.  But it was a fortuitous press of the pause button for Pete in news cycle.  Fortune seems to rarely favor Bernie.

Making the formal decision to release 62.9 percent of the results and just sit there so that Mayor Pete, with his financial & staffing relationship to the failed app developer, could soak in the ‘victory’ news cycle going into the SOTU is outrageous.  Never mind the arbitrary coin flips.  How ####### long does it take to count some votes and publish the results.  

Making the formal decision to release 62.9 percent of the results and just sit there so that Mayor Pete, with his financial & staffing relationship to the failed app developer, could soak in the ‘victory’ news cycle going into the SOTU is outrageous.  Never mind the arbitrary coin flips.  How ####### long does it take to count some votes and publish the results.  
Took the GOP 16 days in 2012.  I'm not holding my breath that Iowa gets this done and figured out anytime soon.  

ren hoek said:
What conspiracy?  I posted a link to an article that covers Tom Perez's DNC and an ABC reporter's claim that the DNC is now assuming control of the results being reported.  
And still posting conspiracy theories today.  Amazing.

Of course this is what happened.  Just like in 2016, anytime he does well, the MSM highlights the delegate count to dampen any bounce he might get.

We have really short memories don't we?  I am old enough to remember when Iowa took two weeks to announce Santorum actually won the caucus in 2012.  The only interesting part of this whole fiasco is that a software company couldn't figure out how to write an app my 12 year old son could write.
Well, 2012 didn't have WallStreet/CIA Pete hacking the election.

huthut said:
Those youngins are gonna pay for my healthcare 

Deny Bernie any MO going to SC and Super Tuesday... 

keep Biden’s corpse viable until SC

Andy Dufresne said:
The Biden IT team declared the app a failure from the get go since "it didn't even have slots for the vacuum tubes and punch cards".
Hollerith machines were the shizzle back in WWII days.  

...aaaand they would have done a much better job than the app.

Users who are viewing this thread