What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Official Trump 2020 State Of The Union Thread***** (1 Viewer)

Everyone that follows it considers Rush a trailblazer in conservative journalism.

I would have never lobbied or argued for him to get this award.  But the guys dying from cancer.  Why can’t you just smile and move on?  

Instead, giving a dying guy a medal is divisive.  Let’s talk about how Rush is part of the problem.  

The fact that people need to call a dying guy part of the problem on his way out is, in fact, part of the problem.
Which is why everyone was on board when Trump said so many nice things and awarded the Medal of Freedom to John McCain when he was much closer to death than Rush. Oh, wait...... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is why everyone was on board when Trump said so many nice things and awarded the Medal of Freedom to John McCain when he was much closer to death than Rush. Oh, wait...... 
McCain died in August.  There's no guarantee that Rush makes it 6 more months.  

If your point is that Trump should have given McCain the award, sure.  I'm with it.  I loved McCain.  I voted for him for President.  If he were alive today, I'd vote for him again.  

• Love
Reactions: JAA
Did Republicans clap when Obama said positive things in the SOTU?

I don't remember it that way, but I could be wrong.

It's all so silly. Half stand and half sit. We get it, you're on opposite sides.

So freakin silly.
Yea but Republicans are far better at weaponizing this stuff. 

I thought the SOTU speech was pretty good, possibly Trump’s best speech. I wasn’t paying 100% attention, but I don’t think he insulted anyone or gloated about the impeachment. He stuck to the issues and stayed on script. Sure, there were a bunch of lies and half-truths, but I’d imagine this is usually the case. I found his military worship and usage of servicemen as props to be loathsome in the context of him being a draft dodger. He needed to shorten the speech by about 20 minutes because he was losing energy fast. Not sure if medications were wearing off, but he was talking uncomfortably slow at the end. The low point was giving Limbaugh the Medal of Freedom.

The optics for the Dems weren’t great either. For people who don’t follow this stuff as much as some of us, they don’t know what is/isn’t a lie. Save the fact checking for the response

• Smile
Reactions: JAA

Users who are viewing this thread