Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Andy Dufresne

Shark Pool collective mock draft - complete. And any one of us are better than Ryan Pace!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

With pick 1.5 the Miami Dolphins select Jedrick Wills Jr, OT Alabama. 
A stud LT is as much of a need as a franchise QB. 

Edited by JetMaxx
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Spike said:

So who would play QB for the Redskins this year?

Keenum? 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

1. 7 Carolina Panthers- CB Jeffrey Okudah OSU 

This was a tough decision between a DT, LT and this pick. I know they just resigned Bradberry but in a division with Evans/Godwin, Michael Thomas and Julio/Ridley, it’s probably a good idea to have 2 strong CBs and ultimately, I think he’s the best player on the board.

ETA: I am dumb as stated below, Bradberry left

Edited by Ilov80s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

1. 7 Carolina Panthers- CB Jeffrey Okudah OSU 

This was a tough decision between a DT, LT and this pick. I know they just resigned Bradberry but in a division with Evans/Godwin, Michael Thomas and Julio/Ridley, it’s probably a good idea to have 2 strong CBs and ultimately, I think he’s the best player on the board.

Bradberry signed with the Giants. So CB is actually a huge need. Actually, I think Bradberry is crazy overrated, so it was probably a need regardless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Bradberry signed with the Giants. So CB is actually a huge need. Actually, I think Bradberry is crazy overrated, so it was probably a need regardless. 

I thought I saw he resigned on Twitter. I was probably stoned. Thanks for informing me and I’m glad it makes my pick make even more sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.8 - Cardinals - Derrick Brown DT Auburn

Was hoping Okuda would last one more pick. And I almost think they could take one of Jeudy/Lamb...wouldn't that be fun?

They sewed up Humphries at LT so line isn't as big of a priority as people think. I had Wirfs typed in at first but I think this greatly improves a defense that really needs it.

Signing Jordan Philips was terrific and adding Brown along side makes this a sudden strength.

@Streetduck is up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JetMaxx said:

With pick 1.5 the Miami Dolphins select Jedrick Wills Jr, OT Alabama. 
A stud LT is as much of a need as a franchise QB. 

Agree.  It is either LT or QB for Miami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

1.9 - Jaguars - CeeDee Lamb WR OK

The 3 defensive players I wanted were all gone, let's get some offensive help.

Edited by Streetduck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

1.10 - Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

Our HoF former LT thinks he's the best natural fit at LT for the Browns, and Im not here to disagree. 

LET'S GO. 

@Dr. Octopus

Edited by Soulfly3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At 1.11 the NYJ select Mekhi Becton OT, Louisville

It's no secret the Jets need an OT to help protect the franchise QB and this kid is a beast.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

At 1 .12 The Las Vegas Raiders select Jerry Jeudy WR, Alabama

 

The best route-runner in this draft class, Jeudy would be perfect for Jon Gruden’s offense, and he would stand atop the depth chart above Tyrell Williams and Hunter Renfrow.  

Edited by elshagon
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man not being at a computer to do this stinks.  I think my pick went thru 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving right along.  Chalk so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biabreakable said:

1.13 the 49ers select Tristan Wirfs, OT Iowa.

Oh bull####. :hot:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Oh bull####. :hot:

Sorry. Just seemed like the BPA

The 49ers are in pretty good shape right now. I might have gone with WR over him if Lamb was there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

1.10 - Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

Our HoF former LT thinks he's the best natural fit at LT for the Browns, and Im not here to disagree. 

LET'S GO. 

@Dr. Octopus

Really???  I heard him say Becton.  (No joke!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, daveR said:

Really???  I heard him say Becton.  (No joke!)

Too late. He’s a Jet.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Streetduck said:

1.9 - Jaguars - CeeDee Lamb WR OK

The 3 defensive players I wanted were all gone, let's get some offensive help.

For fantasy, I would cry 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Oh bull####. :hot:

Expected that to be the replacement for Buckner since SF only drafts DL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ilov80s said:

Expected that to be the replacement for Buckner since SF only drafts DL

From what I have read about it the 49ers traded Buckner so as to fit all of their linemen into their long term budget. Armstead was a bit cheaper for them to keep and they could get more for Buckner

So with this in mind it seems unlikely they would exchange a high value defensive linemen for another one, but maybe that would be a good move too, it lets them delay the price tag with the new guy for a bit longer and keep the deeply talented rotation going.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, daveR said:

Really???  I heard him say Becton.  (No joke!)

Perhaps Soulfly is trying to inject more realism into the Browns war room.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

From what I have read about it the 49ers traded Buckner so as to fit all of their linemen into their long term budget. Armstead was a bit cheaper for them to keep and they could get more for Buckner

So with this in mind it seems unlikely they would exchange a high value defensive linemen for another one, but maybe that would be a good move too, it lets them delay the price tag with the new guy for a bit longer and keep the deeply talented rotation going.

Just seemed like a quick way to replace the guy they lost with a similar player. That said betting a premier tackle prospect like Wirfs is great value at that spot. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, daveR said:

Really???  I heard him say Becton.  (No joke!)

Thomas was very high on both Jedrick Wills and Andrew Thomas as "day one" starters for the Browns at tackle. He also felt, like some other folks, that it was reasonable to question whether Mehki Becton's overall build might not be best suited for the zone blocking scheme the Browns are gonna employ. A scheme that calls for the tackles to pull out wide well over a dozen times a game, if not more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Soulfly3 said:

Thomas was very high on both Jedrick Wills and Andrew Thomas as "day one" starters for the Browns at tackle. He also felt, like some other folks, that it was reasonable to question whether Mehki Becton's overall build might not be best suited for the zone blocking scheme the Browns are gonna employ. A scheme that calls for the tackles to pull out wide well over a dozen times a game, if not more.

I heard him say he was impressed with Becton's athleticism and believed he would be able to fit the scheme.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, daveR said:

I heard him say he was impressed with Becton's athleticism and believed he would be able to fit the scheme.  

i dont think there's anything unimpressive about becton, but ive also watched thomas MUCH more and id take him in a heartbeat regardless. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I think Wirfs is the most athletic tackle we’ve seen in awhile. Either way, it’s by all accounts an exceptional group of top 4 OTs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

plus i want that georgia connection of thomas + chubb

Let's be real, georgia always have dawgs at RB and I think there is a hell of a good RB coming out now that had some delish holes opened for him

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Was really hoping an OT fell. Since one didn't, and we are going to go all in on Brady...

Tampa Bay selects: Henry Ruggs WR Alabama

Bruce Arians plays 3-WR sets roughly 70% of the time, almost 80% if you take out short yardage plays. Ruggs upgrades, possibly by a ton, over Perriman, and gives another big time RAC weapon. I think there is a misconception that Ruggs is a deep ball WR, he is that, but he's also a RAC guy too. He's not D-Jax, he's more Steve Smith. 

Evans and Ruggs outside, Godwin in the slot, each guys wins in a different way, and at every level. Its almost impossible to stop in theory.

Edited by travdogg
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, travdogg said:

Was really hoping an OT fell. Since one didn't, and we are going to go all in on Brady...

Tampa Bay selects: Henry Ruggs WR Alabama

Bruce Arians plays 3-WR sets roughly 70% of the time, almost 80% if you take out short yardage plays. Ruggs upgrades, possibly by a ton, over Perriman, and gives another big time RAC weapon. I think there is a misconception that Ruggs is a deep ball WR, he is that, but he's also a RAC guy too. He's not D-Jax, he's more Steve Smith. 

Evans and Ruggs outside, Godwin in the slot, each guys wins in a different way, and at every level. Its almost impossible to stop in theory.

And OJ Howard? Even a 42 year old man could throw 35 TDs in that offense.

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

And OJ Howard? Even a 42 year old man could throw 35 TDs in that offense.

Yep. No risk-it, no biscuit. 

A little luck and Brady can throw his age in TD passes.

Edited by travdogg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

1.15 - Denver - CJ Henderson CB Florida

Those last two picks stung.

The Broncos corner situation is critical as Harris just signed with the Chargers.

Edit: Oh yeah, they traded for Bouye. That still doesn't change the need.

@ZWK is up

Edited by Andy Dufresne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Atlanta Falcons are interested in trading down from pick 16; send me offers.

Otherwise I'll make this pick in 10 minutes or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade

Atlanta gives pick 16
Seattle gives picks 27, 64, 162

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

With the 16th pick the Seattle Seahawks select:

Javon Kinlaw DL South Carolina

Its been a while since Seattle has had a dominant big man in the interior. Hopefully Clowney will get re-signed as well. Kinlaw offers an almost unbelievable amount of athleticism at 6-6/310, and is only scratching the surface of his upside. I feel he very much has Fletcher Cox level upside. With having 2 2nd round picks, trading up has a little less downside, and getting an impact defender is a huge priority. 

Edited by travdogg
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.17: Kristian Fulton CB LSU

Big need with Byron Jones leaving via FA, but C.J. Henderson is who I had targeted as an ideal pick.

In the real world, I'd look to make out in a trade-down, but Fulton is certainly worth the investment here.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

And OJ Howard? Even a 42 year old man could throw 35 TDs in that offense.

Can Tom even throw the ball fast enough to catch Ruggs on a go route?

44 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Yep. No risk-it, no biscuit. 

A little luck and Brady can throw his age in TD passes.

Could be fun.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.