What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool collective mock draft - complete. And any one of us are better than Ryan Pace! (1 Viewer)

Welcome to the fbgs 2020 shark pool mock draft. Without further adieu, let’s get started.

Bengals select

QB Joe Burrow, LSU

I think the 49ers may be looking to trade down for more picks as they do not have any 2nd or 3rd round picks right now.

I personally think they'd be smart to do this and let him and Haskins have a QB competition.  Or make Miami trade up for a first-round ransom. 
I don’t think Haskins is the guy but I’m also a bit suspect of Tua. Then again, it’s Washington and Snyder, almost feels like whatever they do will turn out to backfire somehow.

1.3 Detroit Lions-Chase Young DE OSU

Probably the best player in the draft and the Lions are desperate for both pass rush and athletes. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly if the draft goes like this the Lions would be running to the podium. Love and Herbert are not coveted enough.

Yeah, they'd run like they were being chased by zoombies (28 Days Later type zombies).
I would like to see them trade back to 5, get the extra picks and Okudah. They have a lot of holes. And I’ve been screaming for their need for a true pass rusher for a couple years now. Also I don’t think this staff values edge rushers relative to the rest of the NFL. 

I would like to see them trade back to 5, get the extra picks and Okudah. They have a lot of holes. And I’ve been screaming for their need for a true pass rusher for a couple years now. Also I don’t think this staff values edge rushers relative to the rest of the NFL. 
Must be why they're picking third.

With the 1.04 the New York Giants select Isaiah Simmons LB, Clemson. 

A lot of mocks have the Giants going o-line here, but they'e done a decent job building up their o-line the last couple of years and desperately need a playmaker/force on defense.

With the 1.04 the New York Giants select Isaiah Simmons LB, Clemson. 

A lot of mocks have the Giants going o-line here, but they'e done a decent job building up their o-line the last couple of years and desperately need a playmaker/force on defense.
I am a little surprised by the pick, but not overly so.  With the new CBA, I would not be surprised to see Nate Solder cut and the Giants address the position in the draft. 

With the new CBA approved, teams will be able to deploy post-June 1 player cuts. That allows teams, when releasing a player, to spread out their dead cap hit over multiple years instead of absorbing it all in one. By doing that, it creates more cap space for 2020 than it would if a player was outright released. In 2018, Nate Solder signed a four-year, $62 million contract, the richest contract ever given to an offensive lineman. In two years, Solder has been a massive disappointment.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants cut bait now that they can spread that salary cap hit. 

Just my thought. 

I am a little surprised by the pick, but not overly so.  With the new CBA, I would not be surprised to see Nate Solder cut and the Giants address the position in the draft. 

With the new CBA approved, teams will be able to deploy post-June 1 player cuts. That allows teams, when releasing a player, to spread out their dead cap hit over multiple years instead of absorbing it all in one. By doing that, it creates more cap space for 2020 than it would if a player was outright released. In 2018, Nate Solder signed a four-year, $62 million contract, the richest contract ever given to an offensive lineman. In two years, Solder has been a massive disappointment.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants cut bait now that they can spread that salary cap hit. 

Just my thought. 
That post June 1 cut rule isn't new. It was always part of the league. Solder has been a disappointment but he's serviceable and there's still more of the draft left.

Ilov80s said:
1.3 Detroit Lions-Chase Young DE OSU

Probably the best player in the draft and the Lions are desperate for both pass rush and athletes. 
I was a little busier than expected at work this morning, so I didn't get a chance to make an offer. Its a longshot, but would you have taken the 14, 45, and a 2021 2nd rounder for #3?

I was a little busier than expected at work this morning, so I didn't get a chance to make an offer. Its a longshot, but would you have taken the 14, 45, and a 2021 2nd rounder for #3?
No, would want to stay in the top 9 or get a lot more in future picks to offset it 

Last edited by a moderator:
Snorkelson said:
Washington selects:

QB Tua Tagovailoa,  alabama

@Ilov80s you are on the clock.
Anything is possible.

Not sure if I'd feel worse for Haskins or Tua.  

Haskins gets traded to New England :oldunsure:

Users who are viewing this thread