What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Now that Brady is a Buccaneer... (1 Viewer)

Just Win Baby said:
How is 2 years $50M + $9M in incentives "below market" for a 43 year old QB? Hint: it isn't.
Ryan Tannehill and Kirk Cousins think it is.  Guys like Dak who want $40M.  :shrug:

Don't know what the "incentives" are, but the fact that Brady wouldn't just say 2 for $60M when he could very obviously get it is exactly what I'm talking about.  He's saving the Bucs a few million against their cap so they can sign more guys.

Ryan Tannehill and Kirk Cousins think it is.  Guys like Dak who want $40M.  :shrug:

Don't know what the "incentives" are, but the fact that Brady wouldn't just say 2 for $60M when he could very obviously get it is exactly what I'm talking about.  He's saving the Bucs a few million against their cap so they can sign more guys.
Nothing new...he has done it his career...it is what he does...doesn't hurt when your wife make more then you as well...although I actually believe the above statement that this really isn't really below-market in the big scheme of things...especially since his options seemed a little limited.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to imagine a worse decision for the Bucs than to bring in Brown after signing Brady. WR is the last thing they need to upgrade
Brown would upgrade their #3 spot I guess. He's not better than Evans or Godwin at this point. His headache is definitely not worth it. 

I don't know if the Bucs oline is good enough, but at this point they need to focus on the defense.

Nothing new...he has done it his career...it is what he does...doesn't hurt when your wife make more then you as well...although I actually believe the above statement that this really isn't really below-market in the big scheme of things...especially since his options seemed a little limited.
Agreed. But Tom is smart enough to know he's much better off taking a little less in salary. There's virtually no chance he actually needs the money and he'll be in the business well after he stops playing, if he wants. He should have more success than Bradshaw / aikman, if that's what he wants to do. 

Agreed. But Tom is smart enough to know he's much better off taking a little less in salary. There's virtually no chance he actually needs the money and he'll be in the business well after he stops playing, if he wants. He should have more success than Bradshaw / aikman, if that's what he wants to do. 
One of the reasons he is still playing is business...he is passionate about his TB12 company and he knows that every year he now plays is the best advertising it could ever get...he has been preparing for this for quite some time...being in the shape he is at this age is no fluke..,on the downside of this is his fitness guru Alex Guerrero...there's just something creepy about this guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the reasons he is still playing is business...he is passionate about his TB12 company and he knows that every year he now plays is the best advertising it could ever get...he has been preparing for this for quite some time...being in the shape he is at this age is no fluke..,on the downside of this is his fitness guru Alex Guerrero...there's just something creepy about this guy.
Right. 

And having better players around him helps him play better.  

How much do you really think he just left on the table?  Outside of Tampa and San Diego who was really bidding for him?  
I think the Titans were interested. We didn't hear anything about Indy, but I'd have to think they'd have given him the same they gave Rivers.

Really I think he selected the team interested in him which he was most likely to put up decent stats.  

I don't think he would make a good analyst/announcer, he has the personality of a cardboard cutout.

Users who are viewing this thread