What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***TNF Game Thread*** Tampa Bay vs Chicago +3 (44.5) (1 Viewer)

Scotty Miller, runner of routes

Nathan Jahnke

@PFF_NateJahnke

13m

Buccaneers final WR snap count Mike Evans 60 Tyler Johnson 56 Scotty Miller 45 Cyril Grayson 12 Jaydon Mickens 8 Out of 71 plays
0 targets

Didn’t start RoJo tonight when I heard Fournette was active (going with Justin Jefferson at flex instead).  

First I was like crap he’s having a good game, but after that fumbled catch negated a TD Im 100% at peace with it.  Dude would have cost me 6.5ish pts in my .5 ppr league on a play he would have made if he knew how to catch a ball with his finger tips (as Matt Waldman has been saying all week).
This is a really odd take.

Ball was thrown quickly at his feet and RoJo reeled it in -- thought he showed good hands controlling that as he rolled to the ground and he didn't get a touchdown because the refs botched the call by calling it incomplete, and not awarding him the TD when it was overturned.

You see what you want to see, clearly. 

And you are getting salty at points he could have had for your team even though you benched him.

Odd.

This is a really odd take.

Ball was thrown quickly at his feet and RoJo reeled it in -- thought he showed good hands controlling that as he rolled to the ground and he didn't get a touchdown because the refs botched the call by calling it incomplete, and not awarding him the TD when it was overturned.

You see what you want to see, clearly. 

And you are getting salty at points he could have had for your team even though you benched him.

Odd.
I’m saying better hands and it’s not called incomplete to begin with, so he gets the TD.

And he had solid game, if I’m wrong and lose this week because I’m wrong wouldn’t be the first time.

But his inability to catch like a featured NFL back needs to be able to do these days does cost his owners at times, and that being one of the factors that put me on the fence with him given other options I had, seeing such a costly instance of that (from a fantasy perspective TB still got the TD with Evans of course) kind of put me at peace with a tough call.

Yeah I sat him tonight so I could watch him, but you have to like 7 receptions, including the really big catch for 17 on the game-winning drive. That should do a lot for both their confidence. 
Foles laid him out bad on many of those. There is room for improvement on their timing. 

What a bunch of crappy coaching and officiating and football. It's one of those games both teams deserve to lose. My Bears got bailed out on terrible flags at least 3 times I can think of. 

Nagy is perpetually a play too soon or too late with his *cleverness*. The OL needs to get better. Foles needs to step into his throws and looked really terrible to me. 

I can't believe these guys are 4-1 and in the most Bears thing of the night, this victory will further enable Nagy in his thinking he made smart moves. Ugh. Such a Bears thing to win despite how ####ty they are. 

I’m saying better hands and it’s not called incomplete to begin with, so he gets the TD.
preposterous. The ball was thrown to the turf at his feet, and a terrific effort kept it from being incomplete. A better PASS and it was a walk-in touchdown. As it was it was a TD robbed by a ref’s quick whistle. Your take is atrocious and not in synch with reality. 

But his inability to catch like a featured NFL back needs to be able to do these days does cost his owners at times, and that being one of the factors that put me on the fence with him given other options I had, seeing such a costly instance of that (from a fantasy perspective TB still got the TD with Evans of course) kind of put me at peace with a tough call.
This is just ridiculous. He made a spectacular catch that you’re critical of, and he caught 3 of his 5 targets - notably the two he “missed” were completely uncatchable on horrible throws/decisions. 

You should go watch the game again. You clearly saw a different one than the rest of us. 

preposterous. The ball was thrown to the turf at his feet, and a terrific effort kept it from being incomplete. A better PASS and it was a walk-in touchdown. As it was it was a TD robbed by a ref’s quick whistle. Your take is atrocious and not in synch with reality. 

This is just ridiculous. He made a spectacular catch that you’re critical of, and he caught 3 of his 5 targets - notably the two he “missed” were completely uncatchable on horrible throws/decisions. 

You should go watch the game again. You clearly saw a different one than the rest of us. 
I did watch that play again because I didn’t expect my observation would be the minority report on the play so figured quite possible I didn’t see it correctly.

But that’s not what I’m seeing.  Its 0:30-0:42 in this clip, live shot followed by a slowed down shot:  there’s a 15 sec unavoidable ad fyi

https://www.nfl.com/videos/ronald-jones-best-plays-from-125-yard-game-week-5

He just mishandles the ball and goes to ground to try (successfully) to salvage the catch.

It’s low but it’s like high shin/low knee low, here’s the first point his hands make contact with the ball: https://imgur.com/gallery/wES9yDS

It’s just not a ball he needed to go to the ground to catch.  If he has better hands on that play he’s strolling into the end zone without so much as a grass stain on his pants.

I drafted the guy, have played him 3/4 weeks so far, not only do I like him but I’d say this catch is an improvement over the drops we saw last week because he’s trying to catch with his fingertips and that just takes some time to get the feel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread