What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

POLL: Democratic VP (1 Viewer)

Who should Biden pick as his running mate?

• Stacey Abrams

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • Kamala Harris

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Amy Klobuchar

Votes: 48 40.3%
  • Elizabeth Warren

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Gretchen Witmer

Votes: 10 8.4%

• Total voters
A bit of a side note but if Biden went Bernie as VP would he lock up the election?  I'd think it would be a slam dunk with all democrats on board. 

(I know he promised a woman, just theorizing) 

Abrams is also African American which means she's a higher risk already for heart issues. Obesity just increases her risk. 

What was his racist comment?
He said she wasn’t smart enough to be governor of Georgia, completely ignoring her resume. 

Biden should not have committed to anyone or any gender.  What if he committed to Mayor Pete to energize the gay vote?   
There aren’t enough gays in battleground states and they don’t vote as a bloc anyhow. Of course it was important for Biden to make this commitment. He’s an old white guy running in a diverse party. 

Doesnt take a great orator to beat Palin.  Also...Trump supporters making claims if someone’s qualifications is odd.  This thread, like then democratic voters wanting change...I find taking the advice of people who think Trump is a good President to be a bad idea for the Democratic party.
Palin was actually a fantastic speaker, imo. Relatable and got people excited. 

For politicians, "polished" is not a necessity, and can easily be drawback. And God help you if you sound too smart. You're not addressing the Noble Prize Committee. You're addressing the average American.

People don't want some smarty pants telling them what to believe. They just want someone telling them they're right and making them feel smart.

He said she wasn’t smart enough to be governor of Georgia, completely ignoring her resume. 

He does this quite often with black candidates, and females as well. It’s a long long pattern with him. 
I just don`t like the fact Abrams  tried to scam the IRS and owes back taxes she has not paid and never admitted it until she got caught.   After Trump I want someone more upstanding in office.  I am not even sure Biden is that upstanding but Amy seems to check all the boxes we need.

Palin was actually a fantastic speaker, imo. Relatable and got people excited. 

For politicians, "polished" is not a necessity, and can easily be drawback. And God help you if you sound too smart. You're not addressing the Noble Prize Committee. You're addressing the average American.

People don't want some smarty pants telling them what to believe. They just want someone telling them they're right and making them feel smart.
Palin was a news anchor or something before politics?  She was a good speaker. It was one of her few good qualities.  The assertion that Abrams is some great orator in comparison simply isn’t true.  

I just don`t like the fact Abrams  tried to scam the IRS and owes back taxes she has not paid and never admitted it until she got caught.   After Trump I want someone more upstanding in office.  I am not even sure Biden is that upstanding but Amy seems to check all the boxes we need.
Has she paid the tax debt?

A bit of a side note but if Biden went Bernie as VP would he lock up the election?  I'd think it would be a slam dunk with all democrats on board. 

Yes he would..but with Biden, Bernie and Pelosi it would be like the movie Grumpy Old men.

The Trump strategy in the campaign is already clear. They are going to attack Biden as too old. Having a young VP actually accentuates this. He needs to pick somebody that people would be very comfortable with as president. The best choice is Klobuchar. 
Don’t forget about Obamagate!

I get that some of you Trump supporters are going to deny every instance of racism and sexism from your man. All I can tell you is that it’s pretty clear to many of the rest of us. Here is some more analysis and history regarding this issue: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/11/03/why-trump-thinks-stacey-abrams-one-s-most-experienced-candidates-is-unqualified-be-governor/%3foutputType=amp
This is a great example of confirmation bias. You think Trump is racist because of things he has said in his past and you attribute that to anything he says going forward.

Saying a black candidate isn't qualified is not a racist statement. You are wrong here. 

Scam the IRS???

She has a student loan debt and borrowed heavily on credit cards in order to pay medical bills for her family because they didn’t have health insurance. She worked out a payment plan for back taxes in order to pay it off and she completed it. There’s no scam. All of these facts, if they come out, will only help her with millions of Americans who are in the same boat. 

Klobuchar if Biden actually wants to get something done while in office. The rest of them will just be window dressing.

I think if people want to hit on Trump's weight being unhealthy, they need to do the same for Abrams. 

With Biden already a health concern adding Abrams doesn't seem like the Dems best option. 
Sure. If she leads an unhealthy lifestyle...I agree.  If she lies about and acts like she is the healthiest ever...sure, criticize that.  If you defended Trump and called him healthy for years and now criticize her?  Well, sounds pretty hypocritical.

This is a great example of confirmation bias. You think Trump is racist because of things he has said in his past and you attribute that to anything he says going forward.

Saying a black candidate isn't qualified is not a racist statement. You are wrong here. 
I don’t need confirmation bias for this. Trump used code words and phrases that were blatantly clear to anyone who pays attention. Certainly most black people saw it that way. 

Donald Trump was, is and continues to be a racist and sexist. 

And we will 
Anecdotal but a good number of Bernie voters I know are either sitting out or voting 3rd (none voting for Trump though). As far as I know I'm the only one of them who voted 3rd in 2016. 

Dems don't seem terribly interested in doing much for the left so they don't seem concerned.

BladeRunner said:
Why is there no option for "None"?

If you wanted a list of "Most Terrible Choices Ever", that might be your list.

Don't even know why Kamela is on that list to begin with. 
She's the betting favorite.  Can you believe that?

Latest Emerson poll says 26% "not that excited" to vote for him and 51% of Bernie voters are considering 3rd party
Polls I have seen last couple days have Biden up big in AZ (Dems taking the Senate seat there for sure), up in FL, MI, PA. Neck and neck in GA.

Polls I have seen last couple days have Biden up big in AZ (Dems taking the Senate seat there for sure), up in FL, MI, PA. Neck and neck in GA.
The FL poll i saw tightened up significantly when 3rd party was factored.

Still if Biden is in play in FL/GA thats a good sign for him. When I was messing with a EC calculator a couple months ago it looked like Biden would need both PA and WI (I was giving him MI) while Trump would win with one or the other, but FL/GA changes that in a big way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Palin was a news anchor or something before politics?  She was a good speaker. It was one of her few good qualities.  The assertion that Abrams is some great orator in comparison simply isn’t true.  
As far as being able to convey that she is capable of the job...she is miles ahead of Sarah Palin.  And I voted for McCain/Palin.  But she is the reason I even hesitated on that...she was quite literally an awful choice in just about every way imaginable.

As far as being able to convey that she is capable of the job...she is miles ahead of Sarah Palin.  And I voted for McCain/Palin.  But she is the reason I even hesitated on that...she was quite literally an awful choice in just about every way imaginable.
McCain was an awful choice to begin with and he capped it off with her. 

anybody who believes Stacey Abrams can be overwhelmed by any task dont know Stacey Abrams. the job's already been promised, but i was on here 6 months ago praying that Peteyjudge handle his prob w the black community by str8up pledging the VP to Abrams early. they are virtually the same politician and precisely the brand (low-temperature reformers) who may be American democracy's last salvation. 

I don’t need confirmation bias for this. Trump used code words and phrases that were blatantly clear to anyone who pays attention. Certainly most black people saw it that way. 

Donald Trump was, is and continues to be a racist and sexist. 
you mean it was blatantly obvious for the group that likes to call everyone racist who doesn't tow the party line.

The group that sees a racist Boogeyman around every corner.

You guys use the word racist like it's a pronoun.  In fact, you've used it so much it's lost all meaning. 

Last edited by a moderator:

All but guaranteed. A united Dem/Progressive ticket is game over. But Dems oddly enough don't want that. And we know the corporations and big pharma who own the Dems and Pubs definitely don't want that.

Users who are viewing this thread