What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Liberals of the PSF - tell us a little about yourselves (1 Viewer)

What type of community do you live in, and how many minorities have been in your house this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ekbeats

Footballguy
The Desantis stunt has raised an interesting question about Liberals walking the walk. Please only answer the poll if you are a Liberal. Thanks.

I live in an upper middle class suburban neighborhood that has lots of minorities and low crime. I would consider it relatively well-to-do. But there doesn’t seem to be a poll option for a well-to-do neighborhood with lots of minorities.

Edit: Our local suburban high school is 69.5% minority enrollment (30.5% white; 24.1% black; 22.8% hispanic; 19.0% asian; 3.5% two or more races; 0.1% native american/alaskan native; 0.1% native hawaiian/Pacific Islander)

Last edited:
Well to do community
Lots of minorities, as well as diversity. Both exists even on just my end of the street
Almost no crime
>0 minority friends that have been to my house this week (Friday Night Lights only thing that kept this from happening today)
>0 [known] conservative friends have been to my house this week

Are readers of your poll choices supposed to think of you in a positive fashion? Am I missing something from some other thread that makes these choices make sense? Or is this a trap?

I live in a well to do community with lots of minorities (which is somehow not an option) and have had around a dozen minority friends over to my house in the past year.

ETA: I’m not going to answer the poll with the answers that were provided

I live in a well to do community with lots of minorities (which is somehow not an option) and have had around a dozen minority friends over to my house in the past year.

ETA: I’m not going to answer the poll with the answers that were provided
Not my fault. The new software is limited. But I appreciate your response dickies 🤙

I live in an upper middle class suburban neighborhood that has lots of minorities and low crime. I would consider it relatively well-to-do. But there doesn’t seem to be a poll option for a well-to-do neighborhood with lots of minorities.

Edit: Our local suburban high school is 69.5% minority enrollment (30.5% white; 24.1% black; 22.8% hispanic; 19.0% asian; 3.5% two or more races; 0.1% native american/alaskan native; 0.1% native hawaiian/Pacific Islander)
Thanks bigus bottumus. I’m sure you know this already, but I value your thoughts, opinions, and wisdom more than anyone else. 👍

Thanks bigus bottumus. I’m sure you know this already, but I value your thoughts, opinions, and wisdom more than anyone else. 👍

That is very kind of you to say sir. I have very much enjoyed our interactions on the board.

Re: your question, I will say that my current suburban neighborhood in Texas is WAY WAY WAY more diverse than my previous suburban neighborhood in California.

That is very kind of you to say sir. I have very much enjoyed our interactions on the board.

Re: your question, I will say that my current suburban neighborhood in Texas is WAY WAY WAY more diverse than my previous suburban neighborhood in California.
A lot of the Atlanta burbs are very diverse, much of it is skewed Indian, but some Asian and of course black as well. It’s still majority white but seems to have a pretty decent integration in terms of public spaces. It’s honestly much different than my experience living in NY on Long Island.

Where do we go after this gotcha moment? How does it advance the topic of immigration into America, specifically from Middle/South American countries? What position does this support in working toward a solution or at minimum addressing a pain point?

Don’t tell me “nothing, just pointing out hypocrisy”, that’s silly and we all know it exists across the political spectrum. It also solves nothing.

The Desantis stunt has raised an interesting question about Liberals walking the walk. Please only answer the poll if you are a Liberal. Thanks.
As much as you and "conservatives" want to make this the story, its really not. The response for support there was overwhelming.

The STORY is the callous manipulation / exploitation of innocent, vulnerable humans for political gain.

While my neighborhood is incredibly diverse, I’m not sure that any of my neighbors are asylum-seekers. And I’m almost positive I haven’t had any asylum seekers in my home this year. So point taken.

Where do we go after this gotcha moment? How does it advance the topic of immigration into America, specifically from Middle/South American countries? What position does this support in working toward a solution or at minimum addressing a pain point?

Don’t tell me “nothing, just pointing out hypocrisy”, that’s silly and we all know it exists across the political spectrum. It also solves nothing.
Somehow where my kids go to school and if I have black friends was relevant to the actions of Ron Desantis.
Its yet another gotcha attempt. Its utterly ridiculous at that.

I don't understand this, if you don't have minority friends that means you don't feel they are equals as people? If you don't live in poverty or in an area with high crime then you are a hypocrite? I don't want anyone to be in poverty or live around a lot of crime.

Why do the actions of a Republican offered up as future President of the United States raise an interesting question about Liberals walking the walk? Should we instead be asking about conservatives walking the walk since DeSantis is the one they are suggesting should be running the country?

Rural Missouri.

My closest neighbors:

A guy who owns 300 acres for hunting. He planted clover in most of the fields, and has about 15 deer stands. He comes around every couple of weeks to hunt.

The neighbor lady across the road was married when we first bought our place. Her ex owned a gun store in town. She’s another deer hunter who shoots and processes her own harvest.

We rarely have company, but our adult kids (my step kids) are half Mexican. They come out for dinner every couple weeks…

With this information, what is it you think you’ve learned about me?

What’s up with those two “Community” options :lol:

That those are the two options proposed is kinda messed up TBH.
It's as if minorities and crime are coorelated. That doesn't jive with my experience.
When I first moved to red state SC, moved into a typical new small development, mostly young families -- not much diversity (all white)--twice while living there had the Feds law enforcement barge into 2 different neighbors houses --one, two doors down for white collar crimes and one right behind our house --guy living with his mom had a meth lab in the garage - welcome to SC!!

The "diversity" focus of this poll should be about prosperity differences rather than race, at least as it pertains to the Desantis stunt.

To give a pseudo answer to the question, I live in an upper middle class neighborhood with a high concentration of Indian immigrants. That's kind of irrelevant though. The question you're really wondering is would I house refugees. That's a fair question and once I get my kids out of the house in a couple years I'd open my home to a refugee family if we don't foster underprivileged locals instead.

Btw, I assume we're defining "liberal" in MAGA terms.

The Boise Metro area stretching from Weiser to Mountain Home Idaho is the 3rd largest in the Pacific Northwest and 82nd largest in the United States. Contained within the Boise Metro area are almost 760,000 people, living in cities, towns and villages. Including The City of Boise, Meridian Idaho, Star and Eagle Idaho, Nampa and Caldwell Idaho and many smaller towns as well! Over 40 percent of the population of the state of Idaho lives in the Treasure Valley, which is the moniker given to the area surrounding Boise. Included are 171,000 households, and 121,000 families.

DIVERSITY | ETHNICITY

This one could well be described as lack of diversity…..White/ Caucasian 84%, Hispanic 12%, African American 1%, Native American 1%, Asian 2.5%, Pacific Islands .25%. I rounded up down a little so the math is “fuzzy”. But the bottom line is that the Boise Metro area is predominately Caucasian.
Personally, I have a around 60 clients/friends that are Hispanic, that I helped buy homes in mostly Nampa and Caldwell from 2016 to 2020. Two African -American families. Some were very low income. Only a few of my clients are above average income.

All are welcome in my home. Haven't had anyone over since Covid started. Will likely throw a client appreciation/retirement? party next spring.

The area is 84% white. I love how fiscally responsible the state it. Hate all the racist, confederate and Trump flag waving, MAGA's here that like to cause trouble. Their ignorance is incredible.

Have no problem with MAGA republicans that are MAGA over policy issues, and not making other peoples lives miserable with their intimidation BS, book bannings, and religion BS.

ETA: Do like the fact when we moved here in 201, before Obamacare, Idaho was one of four states that had a pre-existing conditions law for health insurance, which my sone and I both needed. Also loke the fact that per100k people, Idaho was 5th in the nation for taking in immigrants when I last looked.

Last edited:
Sorry guys - the new software doesn't allow for multiple questions. Also, once a poll is posted the answer options can't be changed. So yes, it's flawed. I'd nuke it but I can't.

It's good to see the degree of interaction with minorities. (y)

What’s up with those two “Community” options :lol:

That those are the two options proposed is kinda messed up TBH.
It's as if minorities and crime are coorelated. That doesn't jive with my experience.
When I first moved to red state SC, moved into a typical new small development, mostly young families -- not much diversity (all white)--twice while living there had the Feds law enforcement barge into 2 different neighbors houses --one, two doors down for white collar crimes and one right behind our house --guy living with his mom had a meth lab in the garage - welcome to SC!!
I'm in SC too. I've lived in two neighborhoods here, both relative new construction, full of transplants (I.e. not SC natives). Both times, I have had black neighbors, and had lots of minority friends. The only law enforcement issues I've seen are the potato-chip executive across the street and his (I assume) meth addicted wife, and then the bust of a Hells Angels camp nearby.

Not a liberal but haven’t had a minority in my house in the last week. What does that say about me?

Users who are viewing this thread