What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The GG Appreciation Thread. The Savior of the PSF (1 Viewer)

Reminder, GG is an alias that multiple people have the password for... Kind of a joke alias.

I've heard some say current user is the only one that still uses it, but still not a poster to pay much attention to, what with all the lies and stuff.

Reminder, GG is an alias that multiple people have the password for... Kind of a joke alias.

I've heard some say current user is the only one that still uses it, but still not a poster to pay much attention to, what with all the lies and stuff.
Lies, conspiracy theories, advocation of genocide, and personal insults. Quite the resume.

This is most definitely false and not a thread like the numerous 6 January threads to push lies and false information 

According to my notebook, this is correct.  It probably changed from a group schtick alias to a content alias 5 years ago?

doesn't matter.  I enjoy reading.  GG brings some much needed right-wing thoughtful commentary.  

BassNBrew said:
Term is correct.  Often when GG is debated he changes the subject he shrinks away from the challenge and shifts subject.  This kind of surprises me given the effort he puts into his original posts.
I could easily be wrong, but my read is that he likes to express his views (obviously, given the effort that goes into his posts) but doesn't care much for back-and-forth debate.  That's a little unusual for a message board I guess, but it fits the data.  

I appreciate that he brings a slightly different perspective and very different posting style to the forum.  It's refreshing to see long takes in the Twitter era.

I could easily be wrong, but my read is that he likes to express his views (obviously, given the effort that goes into his posts) but doesn't care much for back-and-forth debate.  That's a little unusual for a message board I guess, but it fits the data.  

I appreciate that he brings a slightly different perspective and very different posting style to the forum.  It's refreshing to see long takes in the Twitter era.

yeah...he has some good takes if you exclude supporting proactive nukes and blaming the opposition for his kids having to eat carrion in 10 years.

According to my notebook, this is correct.  It probably changed from a group schtick alias to a content alias 5 years ago?

doesn't matter.  I enjoy reading.  GG brings some much needed right-wing thoughtful commentary.  
There are two GGs.

The one with the space between the names was a group alias.   The posting style was clever and humorous.   I believe the keys were lost some time ago.

The current, humorless GG who posts like BGP took a handful of Adderall is unrelated.   

There are two GGs.

The one with the space between the names was a group alias.   The posting style was clever and humorous.   I believe the keys were lost some time ago.

The current, humorless GG who posts like BGP took a handful of Adderall is unrelated.   
hmm...the other one hasn't posted since 2009.  profile only shows 28 posts, but I suppose most got purged.  Still, I would have thought the OG GG would have posted more in some of the classic threads that didn't get purged.

What's interesting is the current GG's posts.  Nothing prior to June of 2020, even though the account joined in 2006.  And, nearly every post prior to July 7, 2020 was edited on that day to delete all content... everything except quotes and an occasional thanks.  I assume that somewhere around then was a board upgrade that made it impossible to delete posts (although you can hide them).  I'm curious why GG wanted a fresh start, and if this GG was active prior to June 2020?  

hmm...the other one hasn't posted since 2009.  profile only shows 28 posts, but I suppose most got purged.  Still, I would have thought the OG GG would have posted more in some of the classic threads that didn't get purged.

What's interesting is the current GG's posts.  Nothing prior to June of 2020, even though the account joined in 2006.  And, nearly every post prior to July 7, 2020 was edited on that day to delete all content... everything except quotes and an occasional thanks.  I assume that somewhere around then was a board upgrade that made it impossible to delete posts (although you can hide them).  I'm curious why GG wanted a fresh start, and if this GG was active prior to June 2020?  
 I always assumed it was Dodds after he sort of went off the rails.

I think Dodds would have figured out how to hide a thread instead of deleting all the content.
You're probably right.   I seem to remember a couple posts that had the weird timestamp thing.   May have just been a coincidence.

dkp993 said:
It 100% needs a time stamp.  No thread is official until we know what minute it was started.  
One of my biggest gripes about GG posts, other than them being full of inflammatory, one-sided propoganda, is that the timestamps are not usually accurate. Hopefully he can work on improving. 

One of my biggest gripes about GG posts, other than them being full of inflammatory, one-sided propoganda, is that the timestamps are not usually accurate. Hopefully he can work on improving. 
Besides his pipe hitting alpha dog shtick the time stamp shtick is my favorite. Well maybe the chicken little shtick.  But then again the top high level content creator shtick is good too.  So many it’s hard to choose.  

I like when I not so ambiguously gave him a taste of his own medicine with the Matt Gaetz thread and he flipped tf out. I've never seen an animal walk into a trap so easily before.

On that day he proved he can dish it but not take it. 

He also randomly changes the title months later but keeps the timestamp. It's made me think I'm losing my marbles a few times.

I like when I not so ambiguously gave him a taste of his own medicine with the Matt Gaetz thread and he flipped tf out. I've never seen an animal walk into a trap so easily before.

On that day he proved he can dish it but not take it. 
 Not sure how I missed that.  Saw your excellent GG style post.  Didn’t see the aftermath you described here though. 

Not sure how I missed that.  Saw your excellent GG style post.  Didn’t see the aftermath you described here though. 
His post I linked in the mock was his response in the thread I'm referring to. I made a purposely inflammatory generalization of "Christians" with Matt Gaetz as the subject; a counterexample of his schtick to prove a point.

He would be the quality poster he proclaims himself to be if he were able to address topics more objectively. Normally his tirades are easily dismissed as biased, hate-filled rants with zero recognition of his own hypocrisy. That's the bubble where he chooses to spend his time so that's what he's going to spread here.

Last edited by a moderator:
High opinion of himself, doesn't believe that message boards are for debating, always thinks he's being "silenced."

He's Beej.

The mean spiritedness of this last page shows how insecure some are in this forum. Really disappointing to say the least
What's funny is that on every other forum I've been on over the years, an appreciation thread is treated as a positivity thread and those who do not want to be have been respectful enough to stay out of it.  Too bad that isn't the case here, but it's not at all surprising. 

And to contribute to the spirit of the thread, while I agree that GG's posts are often too long and ones where I often do not agree, he brings a balance to the forum and does start topics that are interesting and discussion-worthy.  

Probably the same place I always am when reading the PSF. On my couch, drinking a beer. 🍺

Can we count on you to call out "mean spiritedness" then?  Or is this only reserved for those that don't vote like you?  Because it certainly seems you're only worried about it when it ISN'T your side.

Users who are viewing this thread