What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The GG Appreciation Thread. The Savior of the PSF (2 Viewers)

Herb said:
I am definitely not buying that some of his fanboy true believers in this thread read all the way through his posts, either. Who has the time?
I actually spell check them.  He is an excellent speller, which is an underrated skill.

Can we count on you to call out "mean spiritedness" then?  Or is this only reserved for those that don't vote like you?  Because it certainly seems you're only worried about it when it ISN'T your side.
Are you asking that of HT as well? Or is that only reserved for those that don’t vote like you? Because it certainly seems as if you’re only worried about when it isn’t your side.

Are you asking that of HT as well? Or is that only reserved for those that don’t vote like you? Because it certainly seems as if you’re only worried about when it isn’t your side.
Are you asking that of tymarsas as well? Or is that only reserved for those that don’t vote like you? Because it certainly seems as if you’re only worried about when it isn’t your side.

I could do this ALL day.  😜

Last edited by a moderator:
:confused:
when was I mean spirited
Didn’t say you were mean spirited. Said you were calling out one side for being mean spirited.  BR was asking Ty to call out both sides, not just one. I was asking BR if he was going to call you out then for not calling out both sides when they’re mean spirited.  

(Wow that’s a lot of calling out sides, the explanation alone make me tired, I’m going to take a nap). 

This thread was created to show appreciation to GG for saving the psf. He’s putting it on his back and carrying the place. We’re talking Michael Jordan/Wayne Gretzky level of performance 
Great analogy my friend, he is very much the Jordan of this forum unleashing haymakers on all the Steve Kerrs pushing false agendas. 

Pretty sure he’s not the one that went of the rails….. :lmao:

I guess you didn't read the Comet Ping Pong Pizza thread where Hillary Clinton and friends were allegedly running a child sex tracking ring, transporting the kiddies to customers from the restaurant's basement that led to a series of tunnels in Washington DC. In addition, Leon Panetta operated a gay brothel in Hawaii based on his comments that he wanted to retire there someday to run a "hot dog stand" (I am not making any of this up, this was from the thread and is just the milder stuff). 

I guess you didn't read the Comet Ping Pong Pizza thread where Hillary Clinton and friends were allegedly running a child sex tracking ring, transporting the kiddies to customers from the restaurant's basement that led to a series of tunnels in Washington DC. In addition, Leon Panetta operated a gay brothel in Hawaii based on his comments that he wanted to retire there someday to run a "hot dog stand" (I am not making any of this up, this was from the thread and is just the milder stuff). 
If you are trying to slander Dodds you are only showing your lack of self awareness. A lot of things went off the rails here sadly, he is not near the top of that list. 

If you are trying to slander Dodds you are only showing your lack of self awareness. A lot of things went off the rails here sadly, he is not near the top of that list. 

I am not trying to slander anyone. I didn't mention him by name and was just repeating what I remember that was discussed in that thread, which was pretty crazy stuff. 

A few things here. 

1. Technically, it's libel (written word v. spoken word - 2 different types of defamation). 

2. Legally, it's almost certainly not libel because his post is true (at least it matches my recollection of that thread) and he didn't mention Dodds. 

3. I met Dodds in person in Vegas some time ago. Great guy. We talked football at length and he gave me some betting plays. He was also, IMO, the best analyst on this website (I strictly followed his rankings with great success) and I was saddened to see him go. 

4. The above in mind, the Comet Pizza thread was about as off the rails as it gets. I mean that was embarrassingly awful. So, if that wasn't the most "off the rails" thing here, it's easily top three.  

I could easily be wrong, but my read is that he likes to express his views (obviously, given the effort that goes into his posts) but doesn't care much for back-and-forth debate.  That's a little unusual for a message board I guess, but it fits the data.  

I appreciate that he brings a slightly different perspective and very different posting style to the forum.  It's refreshing to see long takes in the Twitter era.
Not even close to true. Your tribal affiliation is really blinding you here. 

Are you asking that of tymarsas as well? Or is that only reserved for those that don’t vote like you? Because it certainly seems as if you’re only worried about when it isn’t your side.

I could do this ALL day.  😜
I'd like to apologize for starting this "your side, my side" conversation. It was not my intention. I just find it weird that people celebrate "pantsing" or owning people. That doesn't seem very excellent. I know it goes both ways so I'm not trying to call out any one particular side. But it doesn't really belong in the same conversation as "Savior of the forum" imo.

I'd like to apologize for starting this "your side, my side" conversation. It was not my intention. I just find it weird that people celebrate "pantsing" or owning people. That doesn't seem very excellent. I know it goes both ways so I'm not trying to call out any one particular side. But it doesn't really belong in the same conversation as "Savior of the forum" imo.
I think pantsing and Savior of the forum reconcile perfectly in this thread. They're light hearted trolls which is HT's shtick. I appreciate this level of trolling because it's over-the-top and silly and rarely meant to be taken seriously.  

You're fine, GB.  :thumbup:

TBH, It's really more my thing than yours.  Change is hard and I'm trying to be better myself.  You guys don't see this, but there are a LOT of times where I type up a knee-jerk or SIDEZ!!! type post, only to not submit it.  I've tended to now think about it for about 10 seconds or so before I hit that button and determine if what I'm posting fits the Joe Bryant Be BetterTM mold.  Lots of time they ain't so I don't do it, but some do escape into the wild.

I hope to one day be at the same level as Ivan, rock, Grace Under Pressure, Maurile or BigBottom level of posting.  I'll probably always be a work in progress, unfortunately.  Old habits die hard, and I'm old enough now where change is incredibly difficult.

TBH, It's really more my thing than yours.  Change is hard and I'm trying to be better myself.  You guys don't see this, but there are a LOT of times where I type up a knee-jerk or SIDEZ!!! type post, only to not submit it.  I've tended to now think about it for about 10 seconds or so before I hit that button and determine if what I'm posting fits the Joe Bryant Be BetterTM mold.  Lots of time they ain't so I don't do it, but some do escape into the wild.

I hope to one day be at the same level as Ivan, rock, Grace Under Pressure, Maurile or BigBottom level of posting.  I'll probably always be a work in progress, unfortunately.
We all slip back into bad habits occasionally, but being mindful and trying to improve is the key. I try to minimize my snarkiness, but it's a tough pattern to break. We'll keep trying though. Hats off to your efforts.

I hope to one day be at the same level as Ivan, rock, Grace Under Pressure, Maurile or BigBottom level of posting.  I'll probably always be a work in progress, unfortunately.
I appreciate the efforts. We can all do better. I planned to avoid this thread because I figured it would become a partisan slapfest. Yet, here I am. I should have stuck to my original plan. 😄

Users who are viewing this thread